Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 12:37:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227883 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Iran Leader calls for Israel's destruction
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Iran Leader calls for Israel's destruction  (Read 26645 times)
POPmetal
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2005, 05:15:22 AM »

Thank you very much lastroots !? yes Someone like you was really needed in this thread !? ok

There are no vocalizations or versions in which Jesus said you should kill anyone, so what you did was still a false analogy.
Blahblahbla I want to be right about something .... ?Roll Eyes

False analogy Huh ... I never talked about Jesus, Did I ? I love jesus teachings alright ok ! I talked about Christians (they were the one in the crusades weren't they ?) - and if I remember right on sundays at the Church christians use to read something that was called ... The Bible ... an holy book for sure that includes if my memory serves me right - The old Testament.

No, it's not that I want to be right about something, it's just that I'm sick of you in particular using logical fallacies to attack me.
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2005, 05:21:28 AM »

Please enlighten me ! Where are the fallacies you're talking about ? For example in this particular thread ?

You are the one saying there is no extremism when it comes down to christianity - many members don't agree - when given examples you say they're not christians - To that, I said so be it - but if that's so al quaida has nothing to do w/ islam either ! 

The force ... the force ...
POPmetal
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2005, 05:23:47 AM »

Please enlighten me ! Where are the fallacies you're talking about ? For example in this particular thread ?

You are the one saying there is no extremism when it comes down to christianity - many members don't agree - when given examples you say they're not christians - To that, I said so be it - but if that's so al quaida has nothing to do w/ islam either !?

here, you just did it again Roll Eyes I never said there is no extremism when it comes to Christianity. That was a Straw Man Fallacy:

http://onegoodmove.org/fallacy/straw.htm
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 05:26:14 AM by popmetal » Logged
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2005, 05:40:44 AM »

Here are some of your posts just in the last page :

Never did Jesus Christ say anything about killing gays. On the contrary, he said treat others as you would have them treat you. If somebody says they want to see all gay people dead, they can not possibly be Christian

There are no "Christian" people who want to see gay people dead.

There are no Christian teachings that condone the killing of abortion doctors. The people who do that are loonies, they are not "Chrisitan."

I swear I did make up any of this !

So if you never said that these people you claim are not extremist christians (I got your point alright - for you they are not christian at all)... what is an extremist christian ?

And while reading your posts in the last pages what I get is that Christianity is goodness - no extremism and that islam is meaness ie no moderation.

I don't want to harass you ! If it's not what you wanted to say, well don't fall on me, I am not the only one that understood your posts that way.

The force ... the force ...
POPmetal
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2005, 06:04:49 AM »

Here are some of your posts just in the last page :

Never did Jesus Christ say anything about killing gays. On the contrary, he said treat others as you would have them treat you. If somebody says they want to see all gay people dead, they can not possibly be Christian

There are no "Christian" people who want to see gay people dead.

There are no Christian teachings that condone the killing of abortion doctors. The people who do that are loonies, they are not "Chrisitan."

I swear I did make up any of this !

So if you never said that these people you claim are not extremist christians (I got your point alright - for you they are not christian at all)... what is an extremist christian ?

And while reading your posts in the last pages what I get is that Christianity is goodness - no extremism and that islam is meaness ie no moderation.

I don't want to harass you ! If it's not what you wanted to say, well don't fall on me, I am not the only one that understood your posts that way.

How come you didn't bother to quote the part where I say:

Not to say that Al Qaeda does not twist the meaning of the Muslim religion
before you wrote what you get out what I said is that "Islam is meanness" Roll Eyes

And "There are no 'Christian' people who want to see gay people dead." does not mean that there are no extremist Christians Roll Eyes You still haven't shown me where I said that Huh

I guess you could say that the abortion doctor bombers who claim to be "Christian" are "Christian" extremists. Though there is certainly nothing Jesus said in any version or vocalization that condones their action, which is why this post http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=23317.msg410045#msg410045 was a False Analogy.

But since you people are so insistent on this. Can somebody show me evidence of the existence of this group of "Christians" who want to see gay people dead ...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 06:11:38 AM by popmetal » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2005, 06:42:57 AM »

Do a Google search like the rest of us.

But since you don't seem to know how to: http://www.godhatesfags.com/

That guy is a nutcase and claims to be Christian. I bet some people see him as a good Christian too.

You're hillarious. You take all kinds of meanings out of my posts so you can feel offended or whatever. Then when Rain points out the similar things you did, you start yelling "straw man, straw man!". That's comedy.

Rain, "popmetal" is never wrong. Haven't you noticed?  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
POPmetal
« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2005, 06:53:38 AM »

When I'm wrong, I'm wrong because I'm wrong, not because Rain attacks me with logical fallacies. Just because you don't understand why using a Straw Man is wrong is not my problem. And why don't you get bent out of shape whenever SLC or piferk yell Straw Man? They do it quite a lot.

At least you managed to write a post directed towards me without saying how I called you "HTGTH Gestapo." That's a first? ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2005, 07:06:40 AM »

Instead of replying to the answer I gave you, you go on about the other thing.

Funny.

Do you know what's so funny to me about the whole "straw man" thing? The fact that I don't recall it being used in discussions before (I mean years ago). Now it seems like you have to use the phrase, preferably multiple times per day!

And since I disppointed you earlier, maybe you can add "HTGTH Gestapo" to the list of phrases that you have to use to get your "point" across?? ok

You used similar tactics to "prove" I "slandered" Christians. But I guess you're allowed to but Rain isn't. Oh well, nice "talking" to you again.?Your act is becoming a bit boring and maybe Rain will see that soon.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
badapple81
« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2005, 07:12:31 AM »

Do a Google search like the rest of us.

But since you don't seem to know how to: http://www.godhatesfags.com/

That guy is a nutcase and claims to be Christian. I bet some people see him as a good Christian too.

/jarmo

Oh dear.. there is even a link to http://www.godhatessweden.com/  Shocked
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2005, 07:18:43 AM »

Oh dear.. there is even a link to http://www.godhatessweden.com/? Shocked

The guy was on TV here.  hihi

Apparently, God punished Sweden by killing many Swedes with the Asian tsunami last December. I think it all had to do with some Swedish preacher being sent to jail.... I guess the guy also thinks New Orleans was punished by God....

/jarmo

POPmetal
« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2005, 07:41:57 PM »

It was late and I needed to get some sleep so I didn't get an opportunity to take a good look at the website.

Apparently it's not just Fags and Sweden, he also has sites for the US and Canada
http://www.godhatesamerica.com
http://www.godhatescanada.com/

The man behind this group, Fred Phelps, is a complete loony. Family members of his have said he suffers from a mental illness that leaves him unsatisfied with life unless he can be responsible for the suffering of other human beings.

And what Phelps says is that God thinks homosexuality is a sin worthy of death, but Phelps doesn't call on anyone to kill gays, neither does he say that he wants to see them dead. In fact in the site's FAQ he says this:
What would you do if a homosexual attended your church?

Regardless of any person's private conduct, we would do unto them as we would have them do unto us. By a fear of God, we would declare the whole counsel of God to them, lest their blood should be on our hands. We would share the Gospel (good news) with them, and we would treat them like we would treat any other person on this earth. We would treat them with kindness, and follow those scriptural injunctions that require that we preach the gospel to every creature.

That's very different from wanting to see gay people dead.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 07:46:10 PM by popmetal » Logged
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2005, 08:27:07 PM »

Leave it to the baptists to pass judgement on people, its what they do best.

If I am not mistaken doesn't God say not to judge others?

Here is an idea for this goon: Show your devotion to God by living your life as an example to follow instead of pointing the finger at others & cramming religion down peoples throats.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2005, 07:05:58 AM »

It was late and I needed to get some sleep so I didn't get an opportunity to take a good look at the website.

Apparently it's not just Fags and Sweden, he also has sites for the US and Canada
http://www.godhatesamerica.com
http://www.godhatescanada.com/

The man behind this group, Fred Phelps, is a complete loony. Family members of his have said he suffers from a mental illness that leaves him unsatisfied with life unless he can be responsible for the suffering of other human beings.

And what Phelps says is that God thinks homosexuality is a sin worthy of death, but Phelps doesn't call on anyone to kill gays, neither does he say that he wants to see them dead. In fact in the site's FAQ he says this:
What would you do if a homosexual attended your church?

Regardless of any person's private conduct, we would do unto them as we would have them do unto us. By a fear of God, we would declare the whole counsel of God to them, lest their blood should be on our hands. We would share the Gospel (good news) with them, and we would treat them like we would treat any other person on this earth. We would treat them with kindness, and follow those scriptural injunctions that require that we preach the gospel to every creature.

That's very different from wanting to see gay people dead.

I don't know what's more sad, the fact that you're defending this nutcase or the fact that I haven't banned you yet.

Everybody else knows what my point was but you have to "prove" I was wrong because the first link I found with a three second Google search didn't exactly prove what I said.

Well, you can be happy about the fact that you just shown exactly why I don't want people like you here. You'll defend somebody who spreads hate just because I pointed him out. I'm not gonna do a new Google search for you since I don't know who you might defend next.

I'm done with you for the last time and you're done on this board. It's time for me to do some cleaning to get this section back from the little group of people who are doing everything they can to ruin all the fun we might have by posting stupid shit like you just did.

Consider this "the straw that broke the straw man's back" (there's a phrase you know). Have a nice day!

/jarmo

Surfrider
« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2005, 08:53:25 AM »

are you banning Pop?  How was that last post offensive?  He was simply saying that you didn't prove your point by citing that site?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #114 on: November 01, 2005, 09:03:59 AM »

It's sad to see somebody defending that nutcase.

I've had it with "popmetal".

I should've banned him/her when the "HTGTH Gestapo" remark was made.

/jarmo

Surfrider
« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2005, 09:07:27 AM »

It's sad to see somebody defending that nutcase.

I've had it with "popmetal".

I should've banned him/her when the "HTGTH Gestapo" remark was made.

/jarmo

The Gestapo comment was wrong, but that is something that you moderators get all of the time.  I doubt that is what pushed you over the edge?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2005, 09:10:59 AM »

It's all part of the sum.

The way I see it is that the person in question is only here to argue for the sake of arguing.

/jarmo

Surfrider
« Reply #117 on: November 01, 2005, 09:17:12 AM »

It's all part of the sum.

The way I see it is that the person in question is only here to argue for the sake of arguing.

/jarmo
Perhaps, but you need to do a lot of banning then.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #118 on: November 01, 2005, 09:44:13 AM »

Fortunately the Christian right wing group isn't that big on this board.

/jarmo

lastroots
« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2005, 10:55:56 AM »

ahm .... ok. Good. And can we get back on topic then?

/lastroots
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: