Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 02:57:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227881 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Rights, religion clash in cartoon uproar
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rights, religion clash in cartoon uproar  (Read 26629 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2006, 07:56:55 PM »

How could it possibly suck if you dont partake in it? Undecided

3000 people partook in it on 9-11 didn't they?

Edit to say: Took part of, but not by choice.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 10:05:54 PM by THELONIOUS PUNK » Logged
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2006, 09:54:53 PM »

So because 3000 idiots decided to commit a travesty, those who choose to believe, and research their origin of existence are just as bad?

Seems like your painting everyone outside of your values and morals with the same paint brush...

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
SLCPUNK
« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2006, 10:04:59 PM »

So because 3000 idiots decided to commit a travesty, those who choose to believe, and research their origin of existence are just as bad?

Seems like your painting everyone outside of your values and morals with the same paint brush...

I think you misread what I wrote.

Rocket_queen125
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2006, 08:01:17 AM »

WHAt them fuckers did was cross the line of freedom of speech. Every1 abuses freedom of speech. there's something called respect. unfortunately, those danish editors crossed the line. Being a muslim myself, i fucking h8 the idea and i want to kill the bastard who thought of blaspheming the Prophet Muhammad in such an offensive manner. HOW DARE THEY!

HOW DARE YOUR INFLICT YOUR WAYS ON OUR FREE SOCIETY Im Sorry but we in a free society do not live under the strickt code of Islam, we have the right to FREE SPEECH, whether you like it or not we in the west live in a free society.. very often there are cartoons and articles in the New York Times that discriminate against jewish and christians all the time, Islam has been hijacked by the small portion of extremist, what happend to the muslim people, they where the first culture to allow women to own buisnesses participate in politics and own land now over a thousand years later they're no longer allowed, why the hate
Rocket_queen125
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2006, 08:04:00 AM »

Why Violence is that what ISLAM IS??? COME DESTROY ME
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2006, 08:45:19 AM »

my *religion suck* comments. were there. because this debate is not going anywhere. it will soon lead to a "is religion good" debate or a " political" debate ..... meaning. stupid.

so let's stop there Smiley

and guild1 comments are the least we need here.

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2006, 10:57:06 AM »

How about trying some other tactic besides instigating others.  You try to push buttons with your ignorant "all religions sucks" BS. 
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2006, 11:27:42 AM »

How about trying some other tactic besides instigating others.  You try to push buttons with your ignorant "all religions sucks" BS. 

cause the thread wasnt going anywhere. so it was better to end it there. your agressive comment [towards *people*] proved it. mine was on religion, and religion .... is not a person.

i mean really.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2006, 11:40:06 AM »

WHAt them fuckers did was cross the line of freedom of speech. Every1 abuses freedom of speech. there's something called respect. unfortunately, those danish editors crossed the line. Being a muslim myself, i fucking h8 the idea and i want to kill the bastard who thought of blaspheming the Prophet Muhammad in such an offensive manner. HOW DARE THEY!

HOW DARE YOUR INFLICT YOUR WAYS ON OUR FREE SOCIETY

Yea.........what she said.

Railantics
Headliner

[Nothing to say] STUN! [/Nothing to say]

« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2006, 01:33:54 PM »

No offence intended, just had to post this...

Let the music do the talking.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2006, 01:42:53 PM »

Great!!!

Now you have done it.......

Two golfers have just blown up the Buckhorn golf course snack shop.

I hope you are proud of yourself.
Rocket_queen125
« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2006, 03:47:35 PM »

Great!!!

OMG Allah will strike you down how dare you depict these cavemen uggh ugh... sorry fundamentilist good hearted muslims going to a Golf Sale, duh didnt you know golf was outlawed jeez, i call a jihad on you, this is a western conspiracy to put golf clubs in the hands of the muslim people.. 
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2006, 04:57:49 PM »

I guess the question is: What would Muhammad do?

well, he would probably be very angry. And WARose, i am very sure. if it mentions in the Fatwa, then it obviously. fatwa like guidlines.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 05:12:23 PM by Sakib » Logged

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2006, 05:08:48 PM »

Great!!!

OMG Allah will strike you down how dare you depict these cavemen uggh ugh... sorry fundamentilist good hearted muslims going to a Golf Sale, duh didnt you know golf was outlawed jeez, i call a jihad on you, this is a western conspiracy to put golf clubs in the hands of the muslim people..?

So whats the fight for struggle for then? seeing thats what jihad is. Freedom of Speech is what seemed to be offered in Germany before hitler changed it. And he printed cartoons to offend Jews. People thought they were lame, funny and didnt see why jews found it offensive. Then came concentration camps. Well, if this is what you think free speech is, then it obviously wrong. You obviously seemed to miss understand jihad completely. Also, if jews and christians aint defending there religion muslims will. and that pic of jesus is wrong. If you saw the demonstration in Trafalgar sq. London on saturday, it says the true meaning of Islam with scholars.

I write and I quote, "I'm glad to have been captured by the taliban and not the americans."

-aka Yvonne Ridley in a debate against islamophobia (ex British journalist)-

obviously, Islam and religion isnt as bad as some things. You guys obviously dont realise youre letting a handful of muslims depict your idea of religion.

Why Violence is that what ISLAM IS??? COME DESTROY ME

Why is ignorant what you seem? prove me wrong. AxlsMainMan, i credit you for being the only one who is doing true research, atm, im trying to look into the torah having seen bible many a time in RE lessons

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
AMS
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2006, 09:29:33 PM »

All I have to say is:

F***ing muslim hypocrites.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2006, 11:34:16 PM »

Stereotyping just makes you look more ignorant. Remember how the media always focuses on BAD news.

Not all the muslims are rioting, only the fanatical ones who may have been provoked by Iran, Syria and terrorist groups.

And those who are blaming America for a Danish cartoon are truely being manipulated, misled  or really fucking ignorant.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2006, 12:00:13 AM »

well, he would probably be very angry.

Would he?
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2006, 09:17:33 AM »

Would he?

yes. portrays a very negativ image of muslims and the prophet himself. I'm sure if he observed the world today, he'd be disgusted in how ignorance and arrogance of some people today. He was an example of a near perfect dude

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2006, 10:14:51 AM »

I doubt Muhammad would be out there burning buildings, just like Jesus wouldn't be yelling at women getting abortions.  Did you see any Christians burning down the offices of Rolling Stone?  Didn't Muhammad go and visit a woman that ridiculed him daily when she fell ill one day and failed to harrass him?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2006, 01:31:44 PM »

Would he?

yes. portrays a very negativ image of muslims and the prophet himself. I'm sure if he observed the world today, he'd be disgusted in how ignorance and arrogance of some people today. He was an example of a near perfect dude

From what I have read he would not be killing people over a cartoon.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: