Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:51:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Where do we go now!?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where do we go now!?  (Read 63352 times)
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2009, 12:56:04 AM »

DJ Ashba is a proven hit making guitarist. Let Axl Collaborate with him and let's get GNR back to the top of the charts.

will you ever stop ejaculating over DJ ? Kiss

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2009, 01:34:24 AM »

DJ Ashba is a proven hit making guitarist. Let Axl Collaborate with him and let's get GNR back to the top of the charts.

will you ever stop ejaculating over DJ ? Kiss

Nikki Sixx + DJ = Sixx AM and Saints of Los Angeles

Axl + DJ = rock orgasm

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2009, 12:59:14 PM »

YOUZE GOTTA SERIOUSLY BE FUCKIN KIDDING!!!

CHINESE DEMOCRAY WAS JUST RELEASED IN IT'S ENTIRETY FOR ROCK BAND/ROCK BAND 2 ON APRIL 14 AND 16!!!

THAT WAS ONLY A LITTLE OVER TWO WEEKS AGO!!!

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=2006

Yeah but that's not really news, that barely does anything.

That's the usual.

Imagine if they announced a 40-date tour of Sweden tomorrow.

That would probably do nothing for you either, but it'd make a bunch of Swedes happy though.

Just like the Rock Band thing made a lot of gamers happy. Now they're able to play those tracks in those games...

/jarmo

No actually quite the opposite.  I would love if they announced a tour of a European country, even though I live in New Jersey.  But if I'm being honest I'm not sure what releasing Chinese Democracy on RockBand actually does besides let some people play a game that they probably already have.  I suppose that this can create some awareness of the band that may not have been there before, but I imagine a highly publicized tour or something akin to that would serve a better purpose.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2009, 04:13:16 PM »

What does releasing the album in one of the most popular games, not to mention it being a new way of getting your music heard, do?

Do you have to ask?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2009, 05:30:51 PM »

I'm starting to wonder if GN'R really want to go out and be a band at all.  We've been waiting far too long for something to happen since CD came out.

What I hope to happen is a tour.  That's it.  A full tour.  Videos, singles, CD sales etc don't matter.  Touring does.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2009, 05:51:16 PM »

My point with DJ Ashba is, if he can make that good of music with Motley Crue, and yes SOLA is a pretty damn good CD, imagine what he can do with Axl?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2009, 12:05:17 AM »

I'm starting to wonder if GN'R really want to go out and be a band at all.  We've been waiting far too long for something to happen since CD came out.

What I hope to happen is a tour.  That's it.  A full tour.  Videos, singles, CD sales etc don't matter.  Touring does.

thats my opinion too, but time is running and nobody say a shit.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2009, 12:41:05 AM »

we are into May............ so, I mean something for Summer has to be announced pretty damn soon.

monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2009, 12:47:41 AM »

My point with DJ Ashba is, if he can make that good of music with Motley Crue, and yes SOLA is a pretty damn good CD, imagine what he can do with Axl?

Exactly! SOLA is a really fun CD. I'm a real fan of tommy's drumming, and I also dig motley's guitar and vocals. It's a great album.  But in my mind Axl is 100s of times better than vince, and bumble has "freakshow level" skills at guitar...so throw in the one of the key songwriters from the motley CD and it's got some pretty exciting potential IMO.

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2009, 07:25:49 AM »

Give them some patience... they just got a new guitarist and things should come to fruitation soon.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2009, 12:13:11 PM »

Give them some patience... they just got a new guitarist and things should come to fruitation soon.
That is not an excuse.  A guitarist has already come in months ago.  The word soon should be erased from the GN'R vocabulary too!

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2009, 04:50:18 PM »

What does releasing the album in one of the most popular games, not to mention it being a new way of getting your music heard, do?

Do you have to ask?

/jarmo

I mean does it do something? Of course it does, I just think it's a bit foolish to count this as major news, or at least news that's worthy enough to leave us satisfied for a bit.  It's a cool thing, I won't deny, but I'm worried we're only going to get snippets like this for some time.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2009, 05:17:30 PM »

I'm talking out of experience.

Not a lot of US fans care if/when GN'R toured outside the USA...

In 2007, some did go see the band abroad and some were interested in talking about the shows with fans who attended, but it's still not the same kind of attention that they give a tour in their own backyard....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2009, 03:07:25 PM »

Where do we go now?

I myself would want a new record first before a tour, i'm honestly a person who prefers getting new material to seeing live gigs. (Not to say i dont want to see GN'R, they're my fav. band and ive never seen them live yet, so to finally see them would be great)
But they've already toured and done half of this record live at various points, so to get a new album THEN tour would be good, as they'd get a wider range of new stuff live, and not have to rely as heavily on the stuff from 'Appetite', giving the new band a chance to stand on their own credentials.
From the old stuff, as long as they do WTTJ, PC, SCOM, YCBM, Rocket Queen, Estranged and Its So Easy Live, i'm happy if they then did loads of new stuff. (November rain and dont cry would be sweet too)

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2009, 03:51:00 PM »

I myself would want a new record first before a tour,

You got the album but no tour to support it yet. So using that logic, you'd want a tour?

But then you go on saying you want an album... Weird.

/jarmo

deadflowerII
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2009, 04:52:37 PM »

THIS!!!!!!!...is the most frustrating & mind boggling 5 months out of the last 10 yrs..(because of lack of all around support for such an EPIC disc)...UNCLE AXL is still the man though!!! peace
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2009, 04:58:42 PM »

THIS!!!!!!!...is the most frustrating & mind boggling 5 months out of the last 10 yrs..(because of lack of all around support for such an EPIC disc)...UNCLE AXL is still the man though!!! peace

I agree. I was glad it finally got released but then......nothing. Some people still think a tour or some other kind of promotion will jump start it but that's ridiculous. This thing is dead from a sales standpoint.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2009, 06:06:17 PM »

I agree. I was glad it finally got released but then......nothing. Some people still think a tour or some other kind of promotion will jump start it but that's ridiculous. This thing is dead from a sales standpoint.

i somehow doubt that. i think its a bit ahead of its time and will pickup eventually.

but even it doesnt, who cares? as long as it doesnt impact the possibility of another record.

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2009, 06:59:27 PM »

I just think CD was handled and released horribly and they should just cut their losses and focus on the next album.

That is my opinion of course but CD sold 1300 copies last week.... I just don't see it having legs.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2009, 07:02:06 PM »

I just think CD was handled and released horribly and they should just cut their losses and focus on the next album.

I guess you don't think the album's songs are good enough to be performed live in front of audiences?

The fact that the album was released after all the problems was an accomplishment in itself. That should be celebrated.

Many of you seem to forget that and just want a new album tomorrow.

Quote from: Axl
Our approach, for better or worse, has always been to work the record over the course of the following tour cycles

When's the next album?

Have no idea and don't care. Hopefully, we'll be working 'Chinese' for a good bit. Of course there's the same idiots that have been around forever already demanding release dates.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 07:04:42 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: