Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 03:04:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  two 'rare' '06 GNR dvd's up for trade..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: two 'rare' '06 GNR dvd's up for trade..  (Read 15834 times)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2007, 01:12:19 PM »

Quick question/whatever you wanna call it...

Isnt it kinda ironic,

how you say

" I want to trade x for a rare show as this one is so rare, but dont worry guys, a few people have it,
so It will be out in a torrent, soon, you will see the shows soon guys"

but 2 seconds later, you ask for a rare show that probably only 1-2 people might have (Take the vma rehearsals for example)...

So in other words, would anyone be willing to trade their rare stuff,
if all they would have to do, is hold on to it, wait a few weeks, wait until someone trades their rare shit,
then sit back, download the show your willing to trade?

btw... Why dont you just torrent it for everyone, and let everyone just share everything,
that way Theres none of this "I have more power then you, my name is God, now only the selected few that have something that is of higher value, can only communicate to me"

Lol, just kidding pulling ya chain,
anyways, good luck ok,

Enjoy watchin the show...

fuck you? ok

I'm looking for someone that wants to trade shows. If they want me to keep it NFT, like I have a couple shows of that nature, then I'll keep it to myself and 'hoard' it as some would say. I don't really care.

I'm willing to trade these two out, and hopefully liberate/trade a show that someone ELSE is wanting to release to the public. Kill two with one stone. If someone wants these shows and has a show they have for NFT, thats fine. I'll keep it like that.

To be honest, I could just very well not trade this? And when I get shows in the future I can just keep them for myself? Is that what you want?

Just cause you're jealous doesn't mean you have to try to ruin my trade  yes
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2007, 01:16:39 PM »

Cotis, is there any possibility to rip the audio of the Gibson dvd and make it available on mp3? I'm specially interested on Chinese Democracy..

Sorry for asking this and if it's not possible, I'll sure understand. Smiley

I'll put 'Chinese Democracy' on later hopefully. depending on if I have time.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2007, 01:19:26 PM »

Quick question/whatever you wanna call it...

Isnt it kinda ironic,

how you say

" I want to trade x for a rare show as this one is so rare, but dont worry guys, a few people have it,
so It will be out in a torrent, soon, you will see the shows soon guys"

but 2 seconds later, you ask for a rare show that probably only 1-2 people might have (Take the vma rehearsals for example)...

So in other words, would anyone be willing to trade their rare stuff,
if all they would have to do, is hold on to it, wait a few weeks, wait until someone trades their rare shit,
then sit back, download the show your willing to trade?

btw... Why dont you just torrent it for everyone, and let everyone just share everything,
that way Theres none of this "I have more power then you, my name is God, now only the selected few that have something that is of higher value, can only communicate to me"

Lol, just kidding pulling ya chain,
anyways, good luck ok,

Enjoy watchin the show...

and another thing about this..

if I trade this to, Johnny R with a show, he'll trade it, and it'll get traded and traded.

so in essence, it would be 'liberated'. but until you have something to offer, don't ruin everyone else's opportunity.
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2007, 01:33:20 PM »

he is right and end of story it is not hording if u wanna make a few deals u know all do it.
maybe he should not have put on here he had them then he would not be be bashed for tring to get a few nice things

come on now people god damn give him a break

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2007, 01:47:49 PM »

Cotis, is there any possibility to rip the audio of the Gibson dvd and make it available on mp3? I'm specially interested on Chinese Democracy..

Sorry for asking this and if it's not possible, I'll sure understand. Smiley

I'll put 'Chinese Democracy' on later hopefully. depending on if I have time.
Thanks man, take your time. beer

ROSE
VIP

Nice boys Dont Play Rock N Roll!!!!!!

« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2007, 02:33:34 PM »

Cotis is not the only person around here that has stuff that has not been released and waiting for rare trade before they release, so give the guy a break. The guy has given several freebies to members here before and asked for nothing in return. So if he wants to get something rare for these thats his decision.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2007, 02:40:42 PM »

Cotis is not the only person around here that has stuff that has not been released and waiting for rare trade before they release, so give the guy a break. The guy has given several freebies to members here before and asked for nothing in return. So if he wants to get something rare for these thats his decision.

have more freebies I'm about to post too..
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2007, 03:20:14 PM »

Unfortunately this is the only way to liberate other rare things that other people have.
If you would torrent a unreleased DVD for everyone, the people with rare DVDs would download and keep sitting on their own things.
I think the tapers and the ones who have authored a DVD should be able to release their stuff the way they want.
If they can liberate something else for the community, why not? As if we don't have enough GnR DVDs.
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2007, 08:04:20 PM »

Cotis went through a lot of shit to get these DVDs, so anyone who thinks he's hoardning can go  rant

They'll eventually be released.

Groovie In VT
Rocker

You know where you are? Your on the fucking Intern

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2007, 10:37:53 PM »

Just curious but what kind of shit did he go through to get them? I don't follow the game close enough to know all the players.

Groovie In VT....... and don't you forget it!!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2007, 11:53:26 PM »

Just curious but what kind of shit did he go through to get them? I don't follow the game close enough to know all the players.

It can be a bit of a hassle to deal with the tapers of these shows.  Basically sometimes they want you to buy the masters or whatnot because they know when they sell the shows there is the chance they will get torrented and then they lose money on potential sales.  Not that I agree with it (the whole selling aspect) but it does take a bit of work to deal with these people to even get the shows out there in the 1st place.  Then there is the money issue.  It's totally determined by the taper what he is going to charge for his goods and the price can get pretty high if he doesn't want the show seriously circulated.

Take the Boston show for instance.  From what I have read, one person put up a whole lot of money to make sure he/she/it was the only (supposedly) known one to have a copy.  It's all really rather ridiculous, the hoarding thing. 

Like I said previously though, Cotis isn't doing that.  He does the same as any trader would, use what he has to try to better his own collection.  That is just the nature of trade.  If he was selling something I could see all the heat but all he is trying to do is collect.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2007, 07:42:02 AM »

well that's fair enough it's just that some people's intentions are to hold onto shows and use them as a bargaining tool to get rare shows and then keeping to themselves.

I apologise if you were doing this in order to liberate both that shows, the one you have and the show that you want to get.

Alright good luck I hope to see some bootlegs from 2006  peace

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2007, 11:35:53 AM »

12.17.2006 Gibson Amphitheatre, Universal City, CA,(Limulus) *2 DVD Set*
i know that a bunch of people have this dvd, so im sure that one of us could torrent it, including myself. maybe i'll upload it over at gnrbootlegsforum.tk
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2007, 01:21:11 PM »

i know that a bunch of people have this dvd, so im sure that one of us could torrent it, including myself. maybe i'll upload it over at gnrbootlegsforum.tk

I guess you missed the discussion, on waiting till a few more things are traded.  Anybody who can not wait for cotis to give the green light is clueless. Do you know how much money him and tb had to shell out to get this dvd, alot!!! Sure some people helped including me but that only accounted for 25% of it. They paid the rest and cotis paid the bulk of it.

His actions have liberated 4 shows already in the past year that I know of without giving it much thought.

When cotis says the word it will be torrented. 

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2007, 01:24:26 PM »

I guess you missed the discussion, on waiting till a few more things are traded.? Anybody who can not wait for cotis to give the green light is clueless. Do you know how much money him and tb had to shell out to get this dvd, alot!!! Sure some people helped including me but that only accounted for 25% of it. They paid the rest and cotis paid the bulk of it.

His actions have liberated 4 shows already in the past year that I know of without giving it much thought.

When cotis says the word it will be torrented.?

yeah i didnt read through the entire thread. i have the dvds so its no skin off my ass.
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2007, 01:46:04 PM »

Ok, one question: cotis simply wants to use these 2 DVDs to get some other shows which are also rare but are being hoarded out there, right? Then, after he accomplishes that, all shows (these two and the ones he gets in his trades) will be torrented freely, right? Wouldn't that make the hoarders angry, seeing their rare DVDs being shared freely, and just create more hassle? Maybe I'm seeing this the wrong way, please correct me if I'm wrong

BTW, I'm not giving cotis crap for trying to trade his DVDs for other rare shows Smiley
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2007, 02:09:43 PM »

Ok, one question: cotis simply wants to use these 2 DVDs to get some other shows which are also rare but are being hoarded out there, right? Then, after he accomplishes that, all shows (these two and the ones he gets in his trades) will be torrented freely, right? Wouldn't that make the hoarders angry, seeing their rare DVDs being shared freely, and just create more hassle? Maybe I'm seeing this the wrong way, please correct me if I'm wrong

BTW, I'm not giving cotis crap for trying to trade his DVDs for other rare shows Smiley

Yes and no, real horders will not trade because they know how this works, but traders will trade becasue that is what they do and enjoy, sometimes small rules are made to give the person time so they can make some other tardes also before the torrents begin. Normally if someone has something not traded much, when they decide to trade it, example to cotis, they probally have a few other trades they make at the same time so they get the best return on it, becasue they know once they trade it, it is freely open and will get torrented soon.? This is the game everyone plays.?

A horder is not dumb and reads the boards, they know not to touch this with a 10 foot pole, and this thread was not meant for those kinds of people anyhow. 

The horders have boston from 06 and have a 3 cam nj from 06.? Thats the stuff to be on the look out for.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 02:11:23 PM by sjgotnitro » Logged

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2007, 02:51:13 PM »

Yes and no, real horders will not trade because they know how this works, but traders will trade becasue that is what they do and enjoy, sometimes small rules are made to give the person time so they can make some other tardes also before the torrents begin. Normally if someone has something not traded much, when they decide to trade it, example to cotis, they probally have a few other trades they make at the same time so they get the best return on it, becasue they know once they trade it, it is freely open and will get torrented soon.  This is the game everyone plays. 

A horder is not dumb and reads the boards, they know not to touch this with a 10 foot pole, and this thread was not meant for those kinds of people anyhow. 

The horders have boston from 06 and have a 3 cam nj from 06.  Thats the stuff to be on the look out for.

Ok, let me see if I get this: it's basically a matter of getting pleasure from being one of the chosen few who have a given show for a while, is that it? At least that's how I see it.
For instance, let's say I have a rare show and I'm willing to trade it. I know that as soon as I trade it once or twice, it will get torrented, so ok, I'll try to get something which only very few people have and not just trade it for anything "common" or torrent it to everyone right from the start. But still, I know it will get torrented sooner or later. So what did I win by not releasing it to everyone from the start? For a while, I had a show which nobody else had and I was able to trade it for one or two shows which very few people have, and held on to those so I was also one of the chosen few who had them...

Sorry if this sounds confusing, I've been working a lot Tongue
acdcUSSR
Rocker

Here Tomorrow...

« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2007, 05:16:14 PM »

Because you will get a few other DVDs that only a few people have. 99% of bootleg dvds will become common. It just takes time. It's like going through a cycle. You get a rare dvd, trade it for another rare dvd then your 1st rare dvd becomes common, etc.

You dig, what the fuck I'm saying? Homefuck!?
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2007, 09:36:12 PM »

Because you will get a few other DVDs that only a few people have. 99% of bootleg dvds will become common. It just takes time. It's like going through a cycle. You get a rare dvd, trade it for another rare dvd then your 1st rare dvd becomes common, etc.

Again, as I said, having a DVD which nobody or only a few people have must give the owner some strange kind of pleasure, but only for a while since the DVD ends up getting released to everyone (well, most of them do). And some people must be addicted to this crap since they take a very long time to trade out some rare DVDs (if they ever do), they just can't enough of the sick pleasure of being the only one who has the show, enjoying every minute of it all by himself while thinking "no one else in the world can see this, oh yeah baby, I'm the only one, right in your faces stupid bootleg collectors! duuuude, I'm soooo high right now, totally treeeepping on thiz DeeVeeDeeee man..."

Anyways, that's the best explanation I could come up with, but I mean no offense to anyone
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: