Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:52:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  PlayStation 3
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PlayStation 3  (Read 50855 times)
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2006, 10:58:20 AM »

Well so much for this being a positive thread, you guys are all shitting on the ps3, but I see where you are coming from!! Is anyone actually looking forward to and getting one soon other than me!?!?!

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2006, 12:04:26 PM »

Well so much for this being a positive thread, you guys are all shitting on the ps3, but I see where you are coming from!! Is anyone actually looking forward to and getting one soon other than me!?!?!

I don't know if the thread's not positive.  I think the console looks very good.  I just don't see anything at release that's remotely worth the cost of the console..and I don't see a combination of things that are worth the cost coming until about a year after it's out...and probably seen at least one price drop.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2006, 12:09:50 PM »

I know this is slightly off topic but i've seen it mentioned in this thread, what's the Wii (I don't keep up with these things...)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2006, 12:18:06 PM »

I know this is slightly off topic but i've seen it mentioned in this thread, what's the Wii (I don't keep up with these things...)

the new nintendo system ok

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2006, 01:21:50 PM »

Riiiight, is there realistically any chance of it competiting with the big two?

Does it sound decent?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2006, 02:01:42 PM »

Riiiight, is there realistically any chance of it competiting with the big two?

Does it sound decent?

It has some interesting features.

First off, it's cheap.  The rumors are it will release at $250 or less.  Now, you give up some things (like true HD image quality and probably digital audio, though I'm not sure on that) for the lower price tag but, honestly, they're things mass market consumers might not miss.

Two, it's controller is interesting.  It's motion sensitive, in "real space" and it looks like almost all the games are going to make use of that feature, with aiming done via a "naumchuk" style plug in.  It's hard to explain, really.  You almost have to see it to get the gist.

Three, it's aiming squarely for the mass market, rather than power gamers...which is an intesting strategy to adopt.

Personally, I think the 360 and PS3 will duke it out for superiority...but I think Nintendo will garner itself a nice market share with this strategy.  It can easily bill itself as a strong #2 alternative....figuring most people will buy a 360 OR a PS3..not both.

Together again,
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2006, 02:16:22 PM »

The best thing about Wii is it's online system will have almost the entire nintendo back catalouge available for download so fans of the original Mario Kart and the like are sorted!

I believe the things i listed in the original post makethe PS3 worth the cash, i'm not saying it's expensive but I'm saying you are getting what you pay for and them some.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
gun
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2006, 02:31:24 PM »

I work in the industry and have seen real PS3 real time graphics .... it is AMAZING!!  PS3 will ship at 400-450 dollars below cost in order to get a good home install base, since the real money is in the software.  You won't even be able to buy a Blue Ray DVD player for the price you will be able to get this system.  With the amount of developers backing this system and it using the favored technology (Blu Ray) by well over 80% of all the industry this is the machine to get.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2006, 02:33:51 PM »

I work in the industry and have seen real PS3 real time graphics .... it is AMAZING!!? PS3 will ship at 400-450 dollars below cost in order to get a good home install base, since the real money is in the software.? You won't even be able to buy a Blue Ray DVD player for the price you will be able to get this system.? With the amount of developers backing this system and it using the favored technology (Blu Ray) by well over 80% of all the industry this is the machine to get.

That's what I like to hear! Yup sony is gonna lose millions on the actual consoles untile the tech gets cheaper.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2006, 02:55:15 PM »

I work in the industry and have seen real PS3 real time graphics .... it is AMAZING!!  PS3 will ship at 400-450 dollars below cost in order to get a good home install base, since the real money is in the software.  You won't even be able to buy a Blue Ray DVD player for the price you will be able to get this system.  With the amount of developers backing this system and it using the favored technology (Blu Ray) by well over 80% of all the industry this is the machine to get.

You work in the industry? It sounds like you work for Sony. Or what, street teaming this bad boy?

. . . and it using the favored technology (Blu Ray) by well over 80% of all the industry this is the machine to get.

Well. Time will tell, I guess, if it actually does comes out on top.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2006, 02:58:50 PM »

Balls, Jim beat me to it. Tongue
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2006, 03:30:51 PM »

But the thing is without a doubt millions of people are going to buy playstation 3's, and thus blu ray tech will automatically be in those households, plus with the backing of 5/6 of the top movie studios out there I don't see how it can fail. Remember PS2 was a big reason behind the meteoric rise of DVD's.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2006, 10:52:08 PM »

plus with the backing of 5/6 of the top movie studios out there I don't see how it can fail.

I take it you never heard a little failed project from years ago called a laserdisc.

Remember PS2 was a big reason behind the meteoric rise of DVD's.

That is very debatable right there ,Sir. There were already a good chunk of dvd players in the consumers 's home by the time the ps2 come out.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2006, 07:34:21 AM »

I really want to get the PS3 casue I'm so excited about KILLZONE 2. I loved the first game and I bet the second game is going to be amazing!
But I'm just not sure if the price right now will be worth it. That's alot of money.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2006, 08:29:34 AM »

i read last week that the PS3 is going to lose sony is losing fifa07 and the new ispro, surely this is gonna hurt them
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2006, 12:58:25 PM »

i read last week that the PS3 is going to lose sony is losing fifa07 and the new ispro, surely this is gonna hurt them

The PS3 will be getting it's own, updated, exclusive version of PES 6 in the new year.

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2006, 09:44:05 AM »

I just got a call from Game.

they havetold me that the PS3 will not be out in the UK until March. And they will not start taking pre orders until the middle of December

That sucks hey people

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2006, 10:44:26 AM »

Yes the fuckers are having problems getting enough parts so now it's delayed until fucking spring, 1 year after it was first supposed to, woaqh that xbox seems tempting now.

CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2006, 11:13:09 AM »

Definitely not getting one now. I had one on pre-order but I'm definitely gonna say a big FUCK YOU to Sony now. They have to stop treating Europeans as second-class citizens.

Its an absolute joke releasing it that much later after US and Japan and, I assume, STILL charging more than they are for Americans and the Japanese.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2006, 01:16:41 PM »

Definitely not getting one now. I had one on pre-order but I'm definitely gonna say a big FUCK YOU to Sony now. They have to stop treating Europeans as second-class citizens.

Its an absolute joke releasing it that much later after US and Japan and, I assume, STILL charging more than they are for Americans and the Japanese.

Well, it bodes well for us here in the states, too (note the sarcasm there).? What this means, most likely, is there is going to be a "shortage" of units available at launch (if, indeed, it launches as scheduled)...probably one much worse than the one that plagued the 360 (since it wasn't a parts issue, but a fabrication issue, that plagued them)...which is going to lead to general inability to actually put hands on one unless you win the "Best Buy Lottery" (ie: happen to be one of the first 7 people in line at launch or one of the lucky few who can camp best buy every day to check for delivery of the few new units).

Its sounding more and more like Sony is going to have a complete clusterfuck of a launch.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14694813/
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 01:21:53 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: