Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 03:24:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Led Zeppelin Thread
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Led Zeppelin Thread  (Read 98859 times)
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #420 on: December 13, 2007, 09:08:06 PM »

Great Pics, Anything goes, thanks for posting.

My dad has been visiting me for the last few days...I grew up listening to Zeppelin, Beatles, Stones, etc. because of him...so we were both really anxious to see the setlist from the show...he was telling me that the last Zeppelin show he saw was St. Louis '77. He said after that it went down...Robert Plants kid died...then John Bonham died a couple years later...he said it was never the same after that...

I thought that was interesting because I never knew his kid died....so I looked it up because my dad couldn't remember how he died...here's what I found...just FYI

In 1975, he and his wife Maureen were seriously injured in a car crash in Rhodes, Greece. This significantly affected the production of Led Zeppelin's seventh album Presence for a few months while he recovered, and forced the band to cancel the remaining tour dates for the year.
In 1977 his oldest son Karac died of a stomach infection when Plant was engaged on Led Zeppelin's concert tour of the United States. Karac's death later inspired him to write the song "All My Love" in tribute, featured on Led Zeppelin's final studio LP, 1979's In Through the Out Door.
These events had a major effect on Plant, and represent a turning point in Led Zeppelin's music, as Presence and In Through The Out Door featured a lighter and more progressive sound under the direction of John Paul Jones, with fewer of the hard-rocking numbers the band had been known for. Plant has told an interviewer "I had a couple of bad knocks which, no matter what happens, will always have taken their toll on me. I know that my kind of vision, or the carefree element I had, disappeared instantly when I had my automobile accident in 1975. That kind of ramshackled "I'll take the world now" attitude was completely gone."[5]
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 09:10:00 PM by sexkitten » Logged
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #421 on: December 13, 2007, 09:17:54 PM »

he was telling me that the last Zeppelin show he saw was St. Louis '77.

I had one ticket to the show in Louisville that year that I had aquired from a friend. I ended up giving it to my best friend for his birthday. I haven't seen the dude in nearly 30 years.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #422 on: December 21, 2007, 05:59:35 AM »

I picked up the re-mastered "The Song Remains The Same" expecting two new tracks. Goddamn! there were 6. "Since I've Been Loving You" will blow you ay-fucking-way... buy it!

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #423 on: January 09, 2008, 09:33:12 PM »

In the only interview with a bandmember since Led Zeppelin?s reunion concert, John Paul Jones looks back at the show of the year ? and ahead to a possible tour. David Fricke spoke with the bassist for the new issue of Rolling Stone, and Jones revealed, ?It could be fun to do more stuff,? that the band is having a meeting this month and that the group prepped for their December 10th show as though they were going on tour for a lifetime ? breaking out Jimmy Page?s lifetime arsenal of equipment for testing. Click here for a bonus Q&A, where Jones talks about his bandmates? performance at London?s O2 Arena, working out how they played ?Stairway to Heaven? and more.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #424 on: January 09, 2008, 09:51:24 PM »

From the Q and A mentioned above:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/17954023/qa_john_paul_jones_of_led_zeppelin

"The groove is much tighter in the small room. I can only wish we could play 2000 seaters forever, because that's where it sounds great."

Mr. Jones just went up a few notches in my book..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #425 on: January 28, 2008, 04:24:51 PM »

Led Zeppelin guitarist wants world tour

By ERIC TALMADGE, Associated Press Writer Mon Jan 28, 8:04 AM ET

TOKYO - Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page said Monday he was ready to take the iconic band on a world tour after burning up the stage at last month's reunion concert in London. But it probably won't be before September.

"The amount of work we put into O2 was what you would normally put into a world tour anyway," Page, 64, said of the intense rehearsing the band did for the Dec. 10 concert at London's O2 Arena.

The band's three surviving members ? Page, singer Robert Plant and bassist-keyboardist John Paul Jones ? were joined at the sold-out benefit show by the late John Bonham's son Jason on drums.

Page, who was in Japan to promote the new Zeppelin release, "Mothership," said the two-hour-plus concert was proof that Led Zeppelin can still perform at its best.

He said the band, which formed in 1968, was ready musically to get back together and take it out on a wider run, but it was not clear when it would go on tour as the singer had other plans.

"Robert Plant has a parallel project and he is busy with that until September," Page said.

Plant and bluegrass star Alison Krauss will begin their world tour with a run of shows in the southern U.S. this spring. The two released an album in October called "Raising Sand" that debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard chart in the U.S. The duo will tour Europe in May before returning for North American shows still to be announced for June and July.

Page said the band set their standards very high before agreeing to do the reunion, their first in 20 years. Led Zeppelin broke up in 1980 after the elder Bonham's death.

Page said they rehearsed for weeks, apprehensive that the cohesion they had in the 1970s when they were at their peak might be hard to rediscover.

"We wanted people who might not have even been alive in 1980 when we finished to understand what we were," he said.

Page said all went well until he broke a finger in three places, forcing the band to postpone the show for several weeks.

"But we did the show, and it was great," he said. "It was instant in terms of chemistry."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080128/ap_on_en_mu/people_led_zeppelin

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #426 on: January 28, 2008, 04:27:52 PM »

That would be awesome but they should only do it if they really can. Not that I'm doubting them or anything. If they could pull it off, they should go for it. And come to Scotland. Grin

BTW, I saw the words 'Led Zeppelin guitarist' on the main index and for a second thought it was going to say 'dead' or something. nervous

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #427 on: January 28, 2008, 05:35:38 PM »

Here's to hoping. They proved that they can pull it off.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #428 on: January 28, 2008, 06:09:17 PM »

Plant is the deciding factor whether it will happen or not. But from what I've read he's open to it.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #429 on: January 28, 2008, 06:53:06 PM »

If this happens this tour will shatter all kinds of attendance records easily.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #430 on: January 28, 2008, 06:55:44 PM »

this tour would outsell the stones.

please god i hope they tour  drool

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #431 on: January 28, 2008, 08:35:15 PM »

.....who would open up for them  Shocked
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #432 on: January 28, 2008, 08:38:38 PM »

guns n' roses... rofl
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #433 on: January 28, 2008, 09:52:09 PM »

guns n' roses... rofl

Wouldn't be a bad idea really. Think of how many people would be seeing them. Sold out shows everywhre.
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #434 on: January 28, 2008, 10:54:43 PM »

Guns n Roses opening for Led Zep would be a badass tour  ok    Here's to hoping  beer

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #435 on: January 30, 2008, 02:03:54 PM »

Would that mean Axl could go on whenever the fuck he feels like it. I mean after all Jimmy and co. are over 65 they've got bedtimes rofl

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #436 on: March 02, 2008, 03:24:46 PM »

Sunday Mirror reports that Robert Plant has turned down an extra ?100 million (approximately $200 million) fortune to take LED ZEPPELIN on a world tour.

The rock legend wants to concentrate on his new partnership with country singer Alison Krauss... spelling the likely end of the famous band.

A band source reportedly said: "Despite the enormous offer, the decision did not come down to money. They always said they would do the one-off show and then see how they felt. Jimmy [Page] had enjoyed the concert in December enough to want to tour. He argued they still had something to offer. He likes the idea of another chapter in the band ? the grown-up tour. John [Paul Jones] sided with Jimmy. He loved making music with the others again. But Robert wanted to leave last year's concert as their legacy. They had proved they could still do it and that was enough. He has other commitments and is happier looking forward to those. Robert put the mockers on the tour."

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #437 on: March 02, 2008, 06:59:12 PM »

that is a major Hopefully he will change his mind after the tour with alison.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #438 on: March 02, 2008, 08:47:20 PM »

Did anyone buy or trade for the DVD of the show, and if so, how is the quality of the recording?

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #439 on: March 28, 2008, 12:51:58 PM »

Uncut magazine reports that LED ZEPPELIN's Robert Plant has said that it is still highly unlikely that the band will go on a full-blown world tour, but there is a chance of more one-off perfomances, if the reason was right.

Speaking in the new (May 2008) edition of Uncut magazine, the singer says: "Hopefully, one day, we could do it again. Our profit is ? it's metaphysical."

The group's bassist John Paul Jones adds: "We (Jones and guitarist Jimmy Page) spoke afterwards, and we both thought the same ? it felt like the first night of a tour. You think, 'Oh, I could do that a bit better, or change something in that song.' And we didn't get a chance to do any more."

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: