Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:39:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  ya think SLASH listened to the new gnr tracks?
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ya think SLASH listened to the new gnr tracks?  (Read 9748 times)
Steel_Angel
« on: March 22, 2006, 08:12:44 PM »

Slash: umm..yeah..like..i HEARD the tracks were good..so ... like...yeah...w/e
 smoking
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 05:17:49 PM by frozen_Inferno? » Logged
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 08:17:39 PM »

i'd be willing to bet that Slash has listened to the songs. I wonder if he liked what he heard.
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 08:31:16 PM »

I would think he has heard them.....for some reason he seems more curious than the others regarding what Axl is up to, in terms of music.....or at least the others hide it better
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 08:48:47 PM »

I would think he has heard them.....for some reason he seems more curious than the others regarding what Axl is up to, in terms of music.....or at least the others hide it better

I think he wants it to succeed, so he get's some sort of money from the GNR, Inc. proceeds. Just kidding!! yes hihi
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 10:40:56 PM »

probably so since he had to re record all of buckethead's parts  Grin

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 11:41:48 PM »

I hope he heard it, if only to demand that scott step it up the next record out
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 11:43:34 PM »

I think hes online looking for the tab somewhere Wink haha

of course hes heard them - I'm sure all the ex gunners have listened.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 12:29:26 AM »

I'll bet he regretted leaving AXL

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
McDuff
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 01:24:53 AM »

yeah I think Slash has probably heard the songs,probably so have the other ex members  peace
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 02:05:04 AM »

hm.. oh... that guy is a fraud... fuck... oh... nice TWAT...  shit... oh...

gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 02:06:11 AM »

what I dont get is.. why would Slash .. a guy who hasnt talked to Axl since... well 96 i guess... get to hear it before us devoted fans? does that make sense at all?

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
McDuff
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 02:08:14 AM »

what I dont get is.. why would Slash .. a guy who hasnt talked to Axl since... well 96 i guess... get to hear it before us devoted fans? does that make sense at all?

Well it does make sense to me,but who knows  peace
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 02:17:53 AM »

haha tell me how it makes sense to you? unless there buddy buddy againnn..

BTW are there any award shows coming up soon?

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 02:43:00 AM »

maybe axl gave slash a copy of it and then slash leaked some of the songs out so axl responded with that press release

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
badapple81
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 04:16:52 AM »

I would say so. I recall him saying he listened to the new (live) songs from the internet back in 01 or 02 after they had played RIR3.
Origen
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 04:19:42 AM »

Slash didn't say he had heard CD he said he has a contact (mutual friend) that has heard it.
Origen
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 04:20:30 AM »

Get over it, that was 10 years ago and Slash has accomplished alot in that time with many bands and artists.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 09:00:58 AM »

My guess would be he has heard it through mutual friends/contacts....

My guess would be that the amount of time that's gone buy since he left, alot of the bitterness and hard feelings have faded

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"  love or something like that  rofl
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2006, 09:10:23 AM »

My guess would be that the amount of time that's gone buy since he left, alot of the bitterness and hard feelings have faded

Yeah,probably,ten years is a long time.I think that they miss eachother,but that doesn't mean that they want to be in a band together.

shit happens when you party naked
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2006, 10:02:27 AM »

I'm sure he has a computer like the rest of us.

DCGNR2006
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2006, 10:09:00 AM »

NOT A F*CKING SHOT

SOME OF THE CURRENT BAND MEMBERS HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD ALL OF THEM!

YOU DON'T KEEP SOMETHING LIKE THIS UNDER WRAPS FOR 15 YEARS AND THEN PLAY THEM FOR THE ONE GUY THAT YOU FEEL BETRAYED YOU!
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2006, 10:24:56 AM »

If he has heard these songs I'll bet his reaction was "He kicked me out of the band for this shit?"
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2006, 10:41:55 AM »

If he has heard these songs I'll bet his reaction was "He kicked me out of the band for this shit?"

Then again, he wasn't kicked, he chose to leave.

I bet he has heard them, just like all of us that are interested by the new GN'R reccord.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2006, 01:02:50 PM »

OK, since he chose to leave the reaction would be "I'm a freaking genius, this fool can't go on without me."
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2006, 01:04:11 PM »

I don't think Adler heard it.
this guy probably still doesn't know that they invented CD-players, or that TSI is out, not to mention that there are leaks online.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
darkmonth
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2006, 01:25:48 PM »

As much as I love the new Axl stuff... I'm 100% sure that based on these, Slash is GLAD he hasn't stayed.  Fact is, they're not hard rock... and Slash is a hard rock guitarist.  They're great, but there isn't one BIT of hard rock in these tracks so far.  Even tho some freaks insist that Better has a 'metal' part! LOL!  Idiots.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2006, 01:44:31 PM »

As much as I love the new Axl stuff... I'm 100% sure that based on these, Slash is GLAD he hasn't stayed.? Fact is, they're not hard rock... and Slash is a hard rock guitarist.? They're great, but there isn't one BIT of hard rock in these tracks so far.? Even tho some freaks insist that Better has a 'metal' part! LOL!? Idiots.

True. But the question really is whether Slash listens to them and thinks... "Shit. I could actually work with these tracks and create some great hard rock with Axl." I don't think that was even a possibility with the intense techno direction Axl was headed in when Slash left the band... I could see Slash writing solos for IRS, CITR, TWAT, Madagascar and The Blues though.Huh

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2006, 01:50:04 PM »

As much as I love the new Axl stuff... I'm 100% sure that based on these, Slash is GLAD he hasn't stayed.? Fact is, they're not hard rock... and Slash is a hard rock guitarist.

I beg to differ.  Slash can play almost any style of music, that's what makes him such a good guitarist.  He's played everything from metal to flamenco, to pop to classic rock, and blues to rap.  Well, to me, he's more of a blues guitarist in a hard rock band, but can adapt his style to any type of music.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2006, 01:53:52 PM »

As much as I love the new Axl stuff... I'm 100% sure that based on these, Slash is GLAD he hasn't stayed.  Fact is, they're not hard rock... and Slash is a hard rock guitarist.

I beg to differ.  Slash can play almost any style of music, that's what makes him such a good guitarist.  He's played everything from metal to flamenco, to pop to classic rock, and blues to rap.  Well, to me, he's more of a blues guitarist in a hard rock band, but can adapt his style to any type of music.

Jesus.. he even played with Michael Jackson for fucks sakes lol.. he CAN play anything.

masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2006, 02:47:51 PM »

I would say so...  I'm sure someone would have shown him the songs by now.  Wink

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2006, 02:57:46 PM »

Wasnt slash recently on a talk show where he said sumthin like he heard all the tracks and that its done just that and i quote "axl is rtarded and wont sell it " .... of course everyone knows or at least thinks the tracks are done i know i beleive that OH YA ... remember the bar thing now thats mor proof then ever. ok

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
DCGNR2006
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2006, 04:44:11 PM »

As much as I love the new Axl stuff... I'm 100% sure that based on these, Slash is GLAD he hasn't stayed.? Fact is, they're not hard rock... and Slash is a hard rock guitarist.? They're great, but there isn't one BIT of hard rock in these tracks so far.? Even tho some freaks insist that Better has a 'metal' part! LOL!? Idiots.

True. But the question really is whether Slash listens to them and thinks... "Shit. I could actually work with these tracks and create some great hard rock with Axl." I don't think that was even a possibility with the intense techno direction Axl was headed in when Slash left the band... I could see Slash writing solos for IRS, CITR,
TWAT, Madagascar and The Blues though.Huh

MAOAXL: I AGREE. I could definitely see a Slash solo at the end of TWAT. He definitely COULD HAVE been brilliant on these tracks, but it was pretty obvious he just wasn't into it.  I hear ya on the techno direction and all, but IRS to me is something straight out of old Zeppelin shit, Better definitely departs from Slash's style, but
underneath all of that is a GREAT fucking rock song -
shaun
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2006, 04:47:32 PM »

i doubt Slash has heard anything (i was going to wirte s--t)
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2006, 09:37:11 PM »

OzzyCAT....I would think that IRS qualifies as hard rock???
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2006, 08:54:57 AM »

I think I have found evidence of this.

Go to Robin's recent website update, and browse through the pictures under the theme 'Under'. There's a photo titled 'Arrr'

Here today...ready to rock
speed_stone
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2006, 01:53:22 PM »

slash is a proven liar and a backstabber, who knows what to believe when he says it.
i'd be embarrased to still be a fan of that guy, i've lost all respect i had for him.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2006, 05:09:49 PM »

slash is a proven liar and a backstabber, who knows what to believe when he says it.
i'd be embarrased to still be a fan of that guy, i've lost all respect i had for him.

Proven by who exactly?  And I'm still more likely to believe something that comes out of Slash's mouth than Axl's.  What has Slash done to embarass his fans over the years?  Name me some, cause I can name you like 50 things Axl has done to embarass his over the years.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
speed_stone
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2006, 05:11:53 PM »

Proven by who exactly?? And I'm still more likely to believe something that comes out of Slash's mouth than Axl's.? What has Slash done to embarass his fans over the years?? Name me some, cause I can name you like 50 things Axl has done to embarass his over the years.
by constantly contradicting himself.
plus it's embarrasing to see a once great rock star embarras himself by putting out sub-par material and whoring for media attention. it's sad. at least axl has his legacy intact.
ROSE22
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2006, 05:15:17 PM »

in my opinion sir, you are the idiot. you're 100% sure what slash thinks ? i happen to think that most all of the new shit i could see slash playing. these are rock songs with incredible meledies that slash would shine on.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2006, 05:27:05 PM »

by constantly contradicting himself.
plus it's embarrasing to see a once great rock star embarras himself by putting out sub-par material and whoring for media attention. it's sad. at least axl has his legacy intact.

You know anyone can just make outrageous claims that are completely untrue.  How about some examples of him contradicting himself?  At least Slash has the balls to put out material.  I hate to break it to you, but Chinese Democracy still hasn't been released yet.  And its not like the leaked tracks we've heard have been ground-breaking IMO.  They've been pretty good, nothing that I'd say blows Velvet Revolver out of the water.  And does hanging out with Lindsay Lohan, Jamie Fox, and Adrien Brody count as whoring for media attention?  Cause I sure think it does.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2006, 05:47:08 PM »

? And does hanging out with Lindsay Lohan, Jamie Fox, and Adrien Brody count as whoring for media attention?? Cause I sure think it does.

Why, Axl hung out with them?

And I bet Slash heard the leaks. He's excited to hear new stuff as well. I don't think he's the type to avoid listening to them for whatever reason.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2006, 05:56:23 PM »

? And does hanging out with Lindsay Lohan, Jamie Fox, and Adrien Brody count as whoring for media attention?? Cause I sure think it does.

Why, Axl hung out with them?

And I bet Slash heard the leaks. He's excited to hear new stuff as well. I don't think he's the type to avoid listening to them for whatever reason.

Yes, Axl has hung out with those people...among others.  I agree that Slash has probably heard the leaks.  Why not?  I'm sure Axl has heard Contraband.  I'm sure Slash is still following Axl's career and vice versa.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2006, 05:59:28 PM »

I think slash will always follow anything under the gnr name, it's part of his life and he helped make it what it was..  I have no idea if he ever heard the new tracks, might have been in between calling duff spineless and calling scott a fraud, prostitute was plyed between those comments
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2006, 06:03:09 PM »

I can't believe people actually believed that bullshit statement from Axl's lawyer.  Why would Slash call Duff spineless?  You people take Axl's lawyer's word over Slash's?  Give me a break.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2006, 06:05:50 PM »

I have no idea if he ever heard the new tracks, might have been in between calling duff spineless and calling scott a fraud, prostitute was plyed between those comments

Maybe those are some of the lyrics from Prostitute. Lips Sealed

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2006, 06:05:56 PM »

I think he heard them...Didn't he say(I don't remember when) that he really wanted to hear the new material?

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2006, 06:06:53 PM »

I think he heard them...Didn't he say(I don't remember when) that he really wanted to hear the new material?

He even wanted to go see them. Then he got booted out.

Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2006, 06:13:22 PM »

Well,he can always get some bootlegs if he wants to see them Tongue
I wonder if Axl ever been to a VR show?Or downloaded some bootlegs.. Wink

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2006, 06:53:14 PM »

Well,he can always get some bootlegs if he wants to see them Tongue
I wonder if Axl ever been to a VR show?Or downloaded some bootlegs.. Wink

Fortus went to a VR show that I can remember.
Mr_Brownface
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2006, 08:00:26 PM »

Has SLASH ever commented yet on the whole thing he supposedly said?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2006, 08:02:09 PM »

Has SLASH ever commented yet on the whole thing he supposedly said?

No.

ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2006, 08:03:49 PM »

Slash has shown quite a large interest in "Chinese Democracy"...

He's heard the tracks, count on it. I'm guessing he would have like to have put some solo's on "TWAT" "Blues" "Madagascar" and "CITR"...  peace
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: