Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:52:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guitar Hero III feat. Welcome To The Jungle
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guitar Hero III feat. Welcome To The Jungle  (Read 53242 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #200 on: July 19, 2008, 07:25:16 PM »

I certainly wouldnt try to debate who has more intergrity when it comes to Axl or Slash. Axl probably has the most integrity of any musical artist on the planet and Slash has done some pretty dumb and interesting things.

ok

Guitar Hero III though wasnt one of the lame,poor things Slash did, thats actually one he got right.

It definitely was up his alley.

Just don't agree with how it happened.....

Ummm, Axl could have played hard and said, "The first people that are going to hear these songs are my dedicated fans that have waited 11 years for this Album.  I think promotion is great, but we are going to let them get the first listen. Not some 9 year old that got Rock Band 2 for his birthday.  Get Chinese Democracy first, we can do video games later".  

Don't misunderstand me, I am excited for the song coming out, eventhough I don't play video games.  

What proof do you have that that's not gonna happen?  Huh

/jarmo

Jarmo, I have no proof.  I am assuming from Mysteron's posts that album is coming after the game, but still coming in 2008.  

Axl does have integrity for the most part.  Nobody is perfect, ask Stephanie Seymore.  Or holding a concert hostage to sign over rights to band to one member....  He still seems like a great guy.

Axl is my favorite front man of my favorite band ever.  Don't confuse me here.  Also the favor was from legendary Clive Davis.  A guy that did a lot for VR.  It was a nice gesture and the song isn't half bad.  So he kind of trumps the manager.  I hope we get a proper single other than the game.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #201 on: July 19, 2008, 07:26:52 PM »

Yeah....... I dont know if I agree with that one Jarmo. He did write the guitar part and his part is whats featured in the game.

So even though he isn't in GNR, he still wrote the song so there is absolutely nothing wrong with using what u wrote however u want to use it.

Just because he and Axl had a falling out, doesnt mean time/sobriety doesnt give u clarity on stuff and make u remorseful. should he and Axl forever feud because of that?

On the Clive Davis thing. Slash said he wasnt happy about it but The record head has your fate in his hands so sometimes u have to do certain things to make them happy.

U honestly dont think Axl hasnt had to compromise ANY for his label? Didnt Axl even say he had to go back and re record stuff for the label?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 07:28:39 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #202 on: July 19, 2008, 07:27:16 PM »

I have no idea "how" it happened though. is there some sort of backstory with it?

As I said, you keep talking shit about GN'R for years and yet you're happy to be in the game thanks to GN'R.

While you're acting all "supportive".....

/jarmo

There was a lot of pain in that emotional divorce.  Axl handled it better for sure.  There is still a lot of love there, and when things go wrong like, people tend to make irrational, borderline stupid, comments.  I am not apologizing for Slash, but I certainly understand his emotion.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #203 on: July 19, 2008, 07:28:12 PM »

Yeah....... I dont know if I agree with that one Jarmo. He did write the guitar part and his part is whats featured in the game.

So even though he isn't in GNR, he still wrote the song so there is absolutely nothing wrong with using what u wrote however u want to use it.

Just because he and Axl had a falling out, doesnt mean time/sobriety doesnt give u clarity on stuff and make u remorseful. should he and Axl forever feud because of that?

Didn't Axl Sign off on Guitar Hero III?Huh? SOMEBODY ANSWER THIS FOR ME!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #204 on: July 19, 2008, 07:29:45 PM »

On the Clive Davis thing. Slash said he wasnt happy about it but The record head has your fate in his hands so sometimes u have to do certain things to make them happy.

U honestly dont think Axl hasnt had to compromise ANY for his label? Didnt Axl even say he had to go back and re record stuff for the label?

Like the out of tune Finck solos?  I think so, yeah. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #205 on: July 19, 2008, 07:34:55 PM »

Yeah, try to put Robin down because your hero made TV commercials.

ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #206 on: July 19, 2008, 07:50:41 PM »

ok

/jarmo

Am I misunderstood?  I serious thought they had to re-record the out of tune guitar.  Or out of pitch.  Did I misread that article?  Was that not a question that was asked?  Did I not supply the correct answer? 

Jarmo, I am not here to argue, I thought that is what they re-recorded.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #207 on: July 19, 2008, 07:51:18 PM »

ok

/jarmo

Did Axl sign off on Guitar Hero III......YES OR NO
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #208 on: July 19, 2008, 07:58:18 PM »

ok

/jarmo

Axl sold his publishing rights in regards to the back catalog to Sanctuary. No?

and stop bashing Robin  Angry   it makes you look extremely bitter
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #209 on: July 20, 2008, 12:49:44 AM »

Quit those stupid comments.

First, you have to be really ignorant to think Robin's solo RECORDED IN A PROFESSIONAL STUDIO could end up out of tune somehow. Even for a fucking demo they could just ask to rerecord it right after the first take. Or, if you're really being serious about believing shit like these, there's always a tool called Pitch Correction that EVERYBODY uses.

So, stop looking like a fool with those lies to bash Robin. You don't have a clue about what you're talking about and its extremely childish to try to make Slash looks better with all this shit.

IMO, its all about the publishing rights Sanctuary owned in 2005.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 12:52:03 AM by Voodoochild » Logged

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #210 on: July 20, 2008, 12:57:33 AM »

Quit those stupid comments.

First, you have to be really ignorant to think Robin's solo RECORDED IN A PROFESSIONAL STUDIO could end up out of tune somehow. Even for a fucking demo they could just ask to rerecord it right after the first take. Or, if you're really being serious about believing shit like these, there's always a tool called Pitch Correction that EVERYBODY uses.

So, stop looking like a fool with those lies to bash Robin. You don't have a clue about what you're talking about and its extremely childish to try to make Slash looks better with all this shit.

IMO, its all about the publishing rights Sanctuary owned in 2005.

Voodoo, Kirk Hammett is always out of tune on his bends.....  Not uncommon.  Especially with wah on.  Either you have a great ear or not.

I like Robin's attitude, but he is always way off live too.  I didn't say I believed it, but wasn't it Del or someone that mentioned this?  Wasn't it from an official source?  Most people wouldn't know how off Kirk Hammet is, but he is.  And he used to be considered a great player.

By the way, Slash has some out of tune bends as well.  Live during high volumes very easy to bend out of tune.  Especially in different tunings, like if you are a half step down, it will throw off your normal muscle memory because there is less tension, so you must use your ears. 

Voodoo, you are a guitar player.  You know what a good bend and a bad bend is.  Use your ears.  Bucket was always in pitch.  I am sure Bumble probably is too.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 01:01:52 AM by Smoking Guns » Logged
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #211 on: July 20, 2008, 01:02:31 AM »

I dunno Hammet work, Im not a Metallica fan. I can talk about Robin tho. He didn't record for just a regular album and, as I said, it could be easily fixed.

About the source, I believe you're quoting a Del's joke in an email to a fan. And I guess he said "tone issues" and not "out of tune".

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #212 on: July 20, 2008, 01:08:16 AM »

I dunno Hammet work, Im not a Metallica fan. I can talk about Robin tho. He didn't record for just a regular album and, as I said, it could be easily fixed.

About the source, I believe you're quoting a Del's joke in an email to a fan. And I guess he said "tone issues" and not "out of tune".

SORRY FOR THE MISQUOTE.  See, I didn't just bring that out of nowhere.  It really separates the men from the boys in guitar.  Alternate picking and speed is great, but if you can't bend great the rest kind of gets diminished.  I still work hard on bends.  It takes a long time to nail.  Different strings are different too.  I usually nail the g string with ease.  B string?  Pretty good.  E string?  Not always. 
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #213 on: July 20, 2008, 01:12:52 AM »

By the way, Slash has some out of tune bends as well.  Live during high volumes very easy to bend out of tune.  Especially in different tunings, like if you are a half step down, it will throw off your normal muscle memory because there is less tension, so you must use your ears. 

Voodoo, you are a guitar player.  You know what a good bend and a bad bend is.  Use your ears.  Bucket was always in pitch.  I am sure Bumble probably is too.
You're talking about live performances, not recorded guitar tracks for one of the most waited albums of the rock.

SORRY FOR THE MISQUOTE.  See, I didn't just bring that out of nowhere.  It really separates the men from the boys in guitar.  Alternate picking and speed is great, but if you can't bend great the rest kind of gets diminished.  I still work hard on bends.  It takes a long time to nail.  Different strings are different too.  I usually nail the g string with ease.  B string?  Pretty good.  E string?  Not always. 
I don't know about you, but I wouldn't try to record something that I can not play. I have wrist problems, so I can't really bend every note I want, so I either adapt  the play or just change it for something else.

Still, as much as you hate the guy, Robin is a professional player working with professional people. I'm sure the tech people, the rest of the band (including Axl) and everyone involved in the making of the album would be careful enough to not put mistakes in this particular album.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #214 on: July 20, 2008, 01:18:09 AM »

You're talking about live performances, not recorded guitar tracks for one of the most waited albums of the rock.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't try to record something that I can not play. I have wrist problems, so I can't really bend every note I want, so I either adapt  the play or just change it for something else.

Still, as much as you hate the guy, Robin is a professional player working with professional people. I'm sure the tech people, the rest of the band (including Axl) and everyone involved in the making of the album would be careful enough to not put mistakes in this particular album.

The leaks all sound perfect to me.  He is good in studio.  I never heard anything wrong.   ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #215 on: July 20, 2008, 01:26:44 AM »

Oh yeah, so Axl can sell his song rights for 20 million and u guys bash Slash?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #216 on: July 20, 2008, 01:27:49 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okL9E9u2m2w&feature=related

Is this how Axl talks to Robin in Studio?  Just kidding.  Man, Bob Rock layed into Kirk.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #217 on: July 20, 2008, 01:28:51 AM »

He sells song rights, but do the old players still get royalties?  Or does Sanctuary get them?
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #218 on: July 20, 2008, 01:38:21 AM »

yeh  Roll Eyes, thats why Gnr stopped american Idol for trying to use gnr songs by their contestants...

figures

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #219 on: July 20, 2008, 01:43:58 AM »

Was this how Bucket talked to Finck and that is why Finck didn't like Bucket?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=546KjKMB9kw&NR=1
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: