Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 01:42:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guitar Hero III feat. Welcome To The Jungle
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guitar Hero III feat. Welcome To The Jungle  (Read 53979 times)
Rapunzel
Yes, I will probably get banned again.
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #180 on: July 19, 2008, 02:17:26 PM »

Agreed, as far as I know, Gene uses his money in a such way so that a lot of good things can happen around the world.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 02:44:13 PM by Rapunzel » Logged

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly.
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #181 on: July 19, 2008, 02:37:07 PM »

In my opinion, you can't just do stuff like a VW commercial and act like you're the 25 year old rebel against sponsorship etc. It makes no sense to me.

You appear in a video game, get the money and then start talking about how the games make kids into zombies. So now you have a conscience?

At the end of the day, it's about integrity.

/jarmo

You are taking some things out of context Jarmo for example The comments Slash made about "video Games turning kids into zombies" I think he said that refering to TOO MUCH TIME being spent on the games and not Real life and i agree with him on that.

Here Today..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #182 on: July 19, 2008, 02:44:03 PM »

You are taking some things out of context Jarmo for example The comments Slash made about "video Games turning kids into zombies" I think he said that refering to TOO MUCH TIME being spent on the games and not Real life and i agree with him on that.

Too much of anything isn't good for you....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
crthiel
Headliner

Hello Time bomb

« Reply #183 on: July 19, 2008, 05:55:48 PM »

I think u should really be very very careful of who u criticize cause what are u gonna do if that shit comes back around?

Hahahaha, you think the karma gods will punish me for thinking slash is a sellout? We'll see.  If I get hit by a truck carrying a bunch of tophats then we'll talk.

And to all those that say Axl's situation isn't any different it is.  He's using a video game to get his NEW music out to other people.  Slash is different because he's throwing his name on a fashion designer video game which has NOTHING to do with the music at all to grab a quick buck. He's not marketing anything here but his image.  That's selling out.  The guitar hero thing was different because that's a way of idolizing Slash for the music he created and his status as a "guitar god".

I drew a line in my head and Slash crosses it by doing VW commercials and writing a tell all book and tarnishing his good name by marketing America's Next Top Model the video game. Yeah, the man can do whatever the fuck he wants....he's earned it.  But he's earned the opportunity to be made fun of for whoring out his name when the opportunity comes along.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #184 on: July 19, 2008, 06:03:11 PM »

I think u should really be very very careful of who u criticize cause what are u gonna do if that shit comes back around?

Hahahaha, you think the karma gods will punish me for thinking slash is a sellout? We'll see.  If I get hit by a truck carrying a bunch of tophats then we'll talk.

And to all those that say Axl's situation isn't any different it is.  He's using a video game to get his NEW music out to other people.  Slash is different because he's throwing his name on a fashion designer video game which has NOTHING to do with the music at all to grab a quick buck. He's not marketing anything here but his image.  That's selling out.  The guitar hero thing was different because that's a way of idolizing Slash for the music he created and his status as a "guitar god".

I drew a line in my head and Slash crosses it by doing VW commercials and writing a tell all book and tarnishing his good name by marketing America's Next Top Model the video game. Yeah, the man can do whatever the fuck he wants....he's earned it.  But he's earned the opportunity to be made fun of for whoring out his name when the opportunity comes along.

Im not saying "U"

Im saying, CHinese Democracy hasnt came out yet. So dont pigeon hole yourself into a corner saying how Slash is a "Sellout" when u have no idea exactly what Axl is gonna do to promote CD. Just saying, bashing Slash leaves the potential to have egg on your face.

Whats the difference in Slash helping a friend and Axl helping a friend appearing on Baz' CD?

There is no difference. its a friend helping a friend

I love how everyone says the shit about GNR not being on reality TV when u know deep inside everybody on here would be shouting from the rooftops in delight if Axl did a reality show chronicling Chinese Democracy. Everyone here would love it and not one person would be negative.

Slash turned down reality TV also and didnt do the stupid Rockstar show.

Let me ask u this:

If Slash is "All about the money"

why the fuck did he leave Guns N Roses? U know how much money he lost not being in GNR?  Had he stayed in GNR for the fame and money even though he hated it, that would make him a sell out.  The fact he had the integrity and balls to leave it when it wasnt working for him anymore shows he has TONS of integrity.

I saw a fucking Guns N Roses baby bib in hot topic.......................
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 06:07:01 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #185 on: July 19, 2008, 06:13:21 PM »

Im not saying "U"

Im saying, CHinese Democracy hasnt came out yet. So dont pigeon hole yourself into a corner saying how Slash is a "Sellout" when u have no idea exactly what Axl is gonna do to promote CD. Just saying, bashing Slash leaves the potential to have egg on your face.

Whats the difference in Slash helping a friend and Axl helping a friend appearing on Baz' CD?

There is no difference. its a friend helping a friend

I love how everyone says the shit about GNR not being on reality TV when u know deep inside everybody on here would be shouting from the rooftops in delight if Axl did a reality show chronicling Chinese Democracy. Everyone here would love it and not one person would be negative.

Slash turned down reality TV also and didnt do the stupid Rockstar show.

Let me ask u this:

If Slash is "All about the money"

why the fuck did he leave Guns N Roses? U know how much money he lost not being in GNR?  Had he stayed in GNR for the fame and money even though he hated it, that would make him a sell out.  The fact he had the integrity and balls to leave it when it wasnt working for him anymore shows he has TONS of integrity.

I saw a fucking Guns N Roses baby bib in hot topic.......................

D, this is a GNR board, not a Slash board.  Our opinions here will always be wrong. 

Fact:  Slash in Guitar Hero and VW commercial makes him "Relevant". 

Opinion: GNR not in character, not releasing albums, not in commercials makes them full of "integrity". 

Slash helped bring new fans to GNR, he gets no credit for that.  Viewed purely as a freeloader and hanger-on.... 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #186 on: July 19, 2008, 06:43:55 PM »

Axl's got integrity.

Have you noticed how he's only appeared on a few albums over the years?

Like with Baz, he wanted to help out his friend. So he did it.

Now if he had helped out 100 of his friends in the last few years and some of them happened to be favors to his record company, maybe you'd got a point.

Because he didn't get his way and thought Axl would beg him to come back?

Looks like he got that wrong.

Made lots of money?

He said they lost money while they were in GN'R and he wasn't interested in that.

He appeared on some guy's record because his record company asked him to. Is that integrity?

How about saving money on recording studios and letting the music's quality suffer. Is that also integrity?

Just wondering.

D, this is a GNR board, not a Slash board.  Our opinions here will always be wrong. 

Fact:  Slash in Guitar Hero and VW commercial makes him "Relevant". 

Opinion: GNR not in character, not releasing albums, not in commercials makes them full of "integrity". 

Slash helped bring new fans to GNR, he gets no credit for that.  Viewed purely as a freeloader and hanger-on.... 

Ah, you're back.

Appearing in commercials makes you relevant? All right.

Would that mean all the musicians and other artists NOT doing it aren't relevant?

It's true, doing that kind of stuff keeps you in the spotlight.

It's pretty much the same thing talentless ass clowns do (attention: I didn't say Slash is a talentless ass clown, I thought I'd better make sure that was clear before "somebody" tells you I said so).

They make sure they're seen every time they leave the house just to be "relevant".

I remember reading this thing on Blabbermouth, Paul Stanley talking about the possibility to have a reality show where they look for new KISS members:

According to NRK (Norwegian broadcasting company), Stanley said that the members of VELVET REVOLVER were planning a similar stunt to find the replacement for lead singer Scott Weiland, who was fired at the end of the band's European tour earlier this year. However, in the end the band decided not to do it, according to Stanley, because of VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash's wish to remain "cool" and credible to his fans.

For some of us, he has gone past the line, but for some of you, he's still in the "cool zone".

Good for you.

We just have a different definition on that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #187 on: July 19, 2008, 06:50:26 PM »

Because he didn't get his way and thought Axl would beg him to come back?

Looks like he got that wrong.

He appeared on some guy's record because his record company asked him to. Is that integrity?

How about saving money on recording studios and letting the music's quality suffer. Is that also integrity?

Just wondering.

/jarmo
This is quite interesting information, Is there a source for it you can share?
Thanks in advance

Here Today..
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #188 on: July 19, 2008, 06:56:49 PM »

being in a VW commerical makes someone relevant?  rofl

its doing a job for a paycheck.    not that there is anything wrong with doing that, but hardly lends to an argument on someone's integrity or credibility or relevancy.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #189 on: July 19, 2008, 07:00:11 PM »

Slash's friend, Marc Canter:

Slash figured "Well, Axl won't be able to do without me. So if I quit, he's gonna have to come back to me and say 'Ok, let's work something out.'"

But it didn't happen.

/jarmo

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #190 on: July 19, 2008, 07:04:13 PM »

being in a VW commerical makes someone relevant?  rofl

its doing a job for a paycheck.    not that there is anything wrong with doing that, but hardly lends to an argument on someone's integrity or credibility or relevancy.

They didn't ask Finck to do the commercial Rim Job.

Jarmo, GNR management told Axl to put a song on Rock Band 2.  It wasn't "His" idea. 

The man that signed VR asked Slash to guest on a Daughtry song, and that song went to #1 by the way.  Slash said, sure thing, and he did and put down a good solo.

Management tells Axl to do something, he does.

The man that signs VR asks a favor from Slash, he does it. 

Looks similar to me.
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #191 on: July 19, 2008, 07:05:28 PM »

Slash figured "Well, Axl won't be able to do without me. So if I quit, he's gonna have to come back to me and say 'Ok, let's work something out.'"

But it didn't happen.

/jarmo

holy shit I never heard about that! thats a burn on slash

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #192 on: July 19, 2008, 07:05:56 PM »

But it didn't happen.

/jarmo

Amazing how ego's and pride prevent people from working things out.  Slash and Axl both didn't want to back down easily.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #193 on: July 19, 2008, 07:12:20 PM »

Jarmo, GNR management told Axl to put a song on Rock Band 2.  It wasn't "His" idea. 

Really?

Do you know what management is supposed to do?

Managers are supposed to help and guide the artist with their career.

So if that's the case, then they did their job.

Getting new music out isn't exactly selling out now is it?

How ANYBODY can come to this conclusion is beyond puzzling.

I guess it takes a Slash fan to try to turn something positive into this.

Never mind the VW or Mastercard commercials and appearances on Ellen trying to sell you house.

Looks similar to me.

You gotta be kidding right?

So if Slash's manager asked him to do a commercial for Kia Motors and Axl's manager asked Axl to tour, both are the same thing?  rofl

You still didn't get back to me on my questions.

But you keep saying things are the same.  hihi

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 07:14:04 PM by jarmo » Logged

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #194 on: July 19, 2008, 07:13:40 PM »

They didn't ask Finck to do the commercial Rim Job.
the fuck does that have to do with anything?   I said nothing about Robin.     you're another one who thinks because that overrated hack is more famous that its a "fact" that he is better.

pure speculation.   Maybe it was Axl's idea?   Hell, maybe it was Bumblefoots?  who fucking knows?

The man that signed VR asked Slash to guest on a Daughtry song, and that song went to #1 by the way.  Slash said, sure thing, and he did and put down a good solo.

Looks similar to me.
nice try
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #195 on: July 19, 2008, 07:14:59 PM »

Well, Axl hasnt "DONE" it yet without Slash. The jury is still out on how well the album and band are received. say CD doesnt even go Gold? then what?

I certainly wouldnt try to debate who has more intergrity when it comes to Axl or Slash. Axl probably has the most integrity of any musical artist on the planet and Slash has done some pretty dumb and interesting things.

My point is however, that Axl is definitely the exception and not the rule. there are only a handful of artists u can find Axl,Prince,Eddie Vedder   and im sure there are a few more that have tons of integrity.

Guitar Hero III though wasnt one of the lame,poor things Slash did, thats actually one he got right.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 07:17:29 PM by D » Logged

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #196 on: July 19, 2008, 07:16:11 PM »

Really?

Do you know what management is supposed to do?

Managers are supposed to help and guide the artist with their career.

So if that's the case, then they did their job.

Looks similar to me.

You gotta be kidding right?

So if Slash's manager asked him to do a commercial for Kia Motors and Axl's manager asked Axl to tour, both are the same thing?  rofl

You still didn't get back to me on my questions.

But you keep saying things are the same.  hihi

/jarmo

Ummm, Axl could have played hard and said, "The first people that are going to hear these songs are my dedicated fans that have waited 11 years for this Album.  I think promotion is great, but we are going to let them get the first listen. Not some 9 year old that got Rock Band 2 for his birthday.  Get Chinese Democracy first, we can do video games later".  

Don't misunderstand me, I am excited for the song coming out, eventhough I don't play video games.  
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #197 on: July 19, 2008, 07:18:47 PM »

I certainly wouldnt try to debate who has more intergrity when it comes to Axl or Slash. Axl probably has the most integrity of any musical artist on the planet and Slash has done some pretty dumb and interesting things.

ok

Guitar Hero III though wasnt one of the lame,poor things Slash did, thats actually one he got right.

It definitely was up his alley.

Just don't agree with how it happened.....

Ummm, Axl could have played hard and said, "The first people that are going to hear these songs are my dedicated fans that have waited 11 years for this Album.  I think promotion is great, but we are going to let them get the first listen. Not some 9 year old that got Rock Band 2 for his birthday.  Get Chinese Democracy first, we can do video games later".  

Don't misunderstand me, I am excited for the song coming out, eventhough I don't play video games.  

What proof do you have that that's not gonna happen?  Huh

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #198 on: July 19, 2008, 07:20:07 PM »

I have no idea "how" it happened though. is there some sort of backstory with it?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #199 on: July 19, 2008, 07:23:03 PM »

I have no idea "how" it happened though. is there some sort of backstory with it?

As I said, you keep talking shit about GN'R for years and yet you're happy to be in the game thanks to GN'R.

While you're acting all "supportive".....

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: