Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:00:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dr Pepper bitchslapped
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dr Pepper bitchslapped  (Read 42630 times)
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #180 on: December 01, 2008, 05:41:34 PM »

For the people that are asking why GNR management didn't get involved before the screw up by Dr. Pepper:  You must not have read to the first few pages of this thread, an explanation was already posted.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/27/arts/music/27pepp.html

When asked about the letter, Dr Pepper said in a statement that the company took ?great steps? to accommodate the online requests from consumers.

?This was one of the largest responses we have ever received for a giveaway,? the statement said, ?and we?re happy we were able to satisfy the thirst of so many Dr Pepper fans.?

A spokesman said it was not known how many free sodas were given away on Sunday and Monday.

Mr. Rose?s representatives said that they tried to collaborate with Dr Pepper on the best way to distribute the soda, but that negotiations broke down.

?We had made an effort to turn this into a win-win-win ? for the American public, Dr Pepper and Axl,? said Laurie Soriano, one of Mr. Rose?s lawyers. ?But Dr Pepper?s view was just that Dr Pepper would win.?

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #181 on: December 01, 2008, 08:58:56 PM »

From Advertising Age who has covered the campaign...

"In this age for Dr Pepper to try to associate themselves with a band with no contract or agreement is not just bad communications, it's bad business," said Robbie Vorhaus, a crisis-management consultant. "The right thing to do is to say 'We were wrong, we were sorry and this is how we are going to make good.'"

And in a manner of speaking that is what Mr. Rose and his band are demanding it do.

http://adage.com/article?article_id=132925

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pine Barrens
« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2008, 12:36:03 PM »

Video: http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2008/12/02/wynter.axl.rose.vs.dr.pepper.cnn

I should mention CNN briefly interviews Axl's attorney in this video.

Also, a link to the written article: http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/12/02/gunsnroses.soda/index.html
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 01:10:20 PM by Pine Barrens » Logged
cineater
Legend

« Reply #183 on: December 02, 2008, 01:10:35 PM »

We just want the coupon for a collector's item, wasn't going to cash it in.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Death Cube K
« Reply #184 on: December 02, 2008, 02:04:33 PM »

Well, maybe it would have been smarter to actually promote the album by doing some form of interview rather than suing Dr. Pepper. He's all right in his case, but one thing at the time.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #185 on: December 02, 2008, 02:41:30 PM »

Well, maybe it would have been smarter to actually promote the album by doing some form of interview rather than suing Dr. Pepper. He's all right in his case, but one thing at the time.

You said it. For all their screw-ups, Dr Pepper have done more to publicize this album's release than Axl has in the last few months.

And there goes the challenger...
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2008, 02:44:20 PM »

We just want the coupon for a collector's item, wasn't going to cash it in.

yea i mean 2 get the coupon and just turn it in for 1 Dr. Pepper is rediculous

You said it. For all their screw-ups, Dr Pepper have done more to publicize this album's release than Axl has in the last few months.

and yea how has Axl been getting the word out 2 everyone sides those comers about it on stations like comedy central like at midnight

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #187 on: December 02, 2008, 03:08:21 PM »

Yeah its Axl's fault  ! yeah its his fault that Dr Pepper screwed alot of people by having some rink a dink server that crashed when they promised EVERYONE IN AMERICA a free soda if Chinese Democracy came out.  Its Axl's fault, that Dr Pepper was in for themselves and wanted free promotion using the GnR name and Axl's status.  It's Axl's fault when he's looking out for the fans, who couldn't get on the website, and when phoned in got a shitty 1 per house hold coupon.

Axl's looking out for his fan's, oh when he does that I see.  AXL RATHER GO AFTER DR PEPPER THAN PROMOTE HIS ALBUM ! BLAH BLAH

some of you call yourself fans ?  rofl

Go listen to Hinder if you don't like the way Axl does  things.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #188 on: December 02, 2008, 03:15:19 PM »

Yeah its Axl's fault  ! yeah its his fault that Dr Pepper screwed alot of people by having some rink a dink server that crashed when they promised EVERYONE IN AMERICA a free soda if Chinese Democracy came out.  Its Axl's fault, that Dr Pepper was in for themselves and wanted free promotion using the GnR name and Axl's status.  It's Axl's fault when he's looking out for the fans, who couldn't get on the website, and when phoned in got a shitty 1 per house hold coupon.

Axl's looking out for his fan's, oh when he does that I see.  AXL RATHER GO AFTER DR PEPPER THAN PROMOTE HIS ALBUM ! BLAH BLAH

ummm...

I think I speak for most everyone on this board when I say that we are on Axl's and GNR's side.  But, that doesn't mean we can't make an objective argument.  In this case, Axl is in the wrong.  Plain and simple.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #189 on: December 02, 2008, 03:19:04 PM »

axl isn't wrong at all because this company used the GNR name and tried to mock GNR and it bit them in the ass.

Axl wants them to own up to their shit

Now the lack of promotion from Axl is a different story but the Dr Pepper thing he is in the right.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #190 on: December 02, 2008, 03:35:58 PM »

ummm...

I think I speak for most everyone on this board when I say that we are on Axl's and GNR's side.  But, that doesn't mean we can't make an objective argument.  In this case, Axl is in the wrong.  Plain and simple.

What Dr Pepper did is really bad business.  You cannot use someone's name and status, then go off and rip the american people off by not preparing for people to redeem their coupon. 

- Makes Axl and Guns N' Roses look bad
- Use the name and likeness of someone consent.  GnR tried to workout a better deal, but Dr Pepper wanted to be the big winner ! ( free promotion for them.)
- Fans like me who had to wait till about 11pm sunday pacific time to enter my info in for a coupon. I tried monday just to see if It was better and it WAS NOT.
- This isn't a lawsuit ! all GnR wants is apology and their fan's to get a free Dr Pepper ! and want Dr Pepper to live up to their promise.

Take business class you'll see it from a diffrent prospective.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #191 on: December 02, 2008, 03:38:29 PM »

A lot of people probably wouldn't even be aware that Chinese Democracy is in stores now if it wasn't for the free Dr. Pepper promise. That was a really cool and original bit of promotion for GNR to have.

However, we all know that the only reason Dr. Pepper promised such a thing to begin with was because they didn't believe the album would see the light of day this year. And once the album was released, Dr. Pepper was totally unprepared to fulfill their promise. I'm still not sure if my information went through or not due to all the traffic on the website.

So even though Dr. Pepper did a cool thing to help promote the album and give a shout-out to GNR, they ended up shitting on their promise. I could care less about a free Dr. Pepper. Like most of you, I just wanted it as a collector's item, because of what it stands for.

Here Today . . .
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #192 on: December 02, 2008, 03:39:00 PM »

well dr. pepper did not do a damn thing to help promote the album when it was released
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #193 on: December 02, 2008, 03:41:59 PM »

Pomoting the album was their job . giving free pop was. and on that count the did bad.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #194 on: December 02, 2008, 03:44:07 PM »

a can for a household and not for everyone in america??
they broke their campaign promise. no isn't dr pepper supposed to be a reputable big company?

disappointed
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #195 on: December 02, 2008, 03:58:50 PM »

a can for a household and not for everyone in america??
they broke their campaign promise. no isn't dr pepper supposed to be a reputable big company?

disappointed

Exactly! even Guns N Roses offered to workout a deal where it would of been easier to redeem your free Dr Pepper.  I guess Dr Pepper just wanted to use  the name Chinese Democracy and GnR to play with the big boys of Pepsi and Coke.  If I was the head of Dr Pepper I would be really really embrassed on how this turned out.

Basically if my 79 year old grandma was guranteed a free Dr Pepper ! everyone in America right ! Dr Pepper. 

What could of been done ?

- Gnr and Dr Pepper workout out a deal, where a free coupon would be included with the purchase of the CD.
- Show your proof of purchase of Chinese Democracy to anywhere Dr Pepper is sold.
- Set up a decent server
- a promotion code entered into the website with a expiration of a year.

numerous of things Dr Pepper could of done LEGALLY ! but nope DR PEPPER was all about DR PEPPER instead of the fan's.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #196 on: December 02, 2008, 05:43:35 PM »

I was just over at CNN.com, and on the right of the page they have the most viewed stories.

Number 1? GnR. If you want proof that they're the biggest thing in the world right now, that should give you a hint.

Album sales will pick up. Controversy creates cash, as the saying goes.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/12/02/gunsnroses.soda/index.html

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #197 on: December 02, 2008, 05:51:48 PM »

Saw this earlier. Cool stuff. Cool
Even with no promo GN'R are getting the top stories!

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
rube
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #198 on: December 02, 2008, 09:00:28 PM »

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/js/2.0/video/evp/module.js?loc=dom&vid=/video/showbiz/2008/12/02/wynter.axl.rose.vs.dr.pepper.cnn

Changing peoples' lives to be more like mine.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #199 on: December 03, 2008, 02:45:15 PM »

ummm...

Its not that Axls wrong for goin after Dr. Peper i think everyone here agrees with that sept this guy but that he didnt promote his album enough thats all i have 2 say bout that peace peace

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: