Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:00:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227919 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Rob Zombie/White Zombie
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rob Zombie/White Zombie  (Read 22811 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2007, 10:31:30 PM »

The Pulse of Radio (formerly Launch Radio Networks) reports: Now that Rob Zombie has completed work on his third film as a writer and director, a remake of the horror classic "Halloween", the rocker-turned-filmmaker is setting his sights on the road. Zombie told The Pulse of Radio that he'll go on tour in October and stay out for a couple of months before turning to his next project. "Me and the guys have been talking, and we're, like, you know, gonna start rehearsing soon and, you know, we'll be back on the road in October," he said. "We'll probably quit right around Christmas time, take a break for that, and then who knows what ? maybe make a new record or start another movie or something, I don't know."

Zombie says he'll hit the road with at least one other major act (rumored to be OZZY OSBOURNE), whose name he couldn't reveal. Dates and venues are also yet to be announced.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2007, 01:01:09 PM »

Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2007, 01:52:32 PM »

Rob Zombie's first-ever live album is scheduled for release on September 18 via Geffen. The CD was recorded over several nights during the band's "Educated Horses" tour and will include a 36-page super-deluxe book of never-before-seen live pictures and a DVD of live footage and animated videos. It was mixed by Zombie and producer Scott Humphrey. The track listing is as follows:

01. Sawdust in the Blood
02. American Witch
03. Demon Speeding
04. Living Dead Girl
05. More Human than Human
06. Dead Girl Superstar
07. House of 1000 Corpses
08. Let It All Bleed Out
09. Creature of the Wheel
10. Demoniod Phenomenon
11. Supercharger Heaven
12. Never Gonna Stop
13. Black Sunshine
14. Superbeast
15. The Devil's Rejects
16. Lords of Salem
17. Thunder Kiss
18. Dragula

As previously reported, Zombie is putting together a WHITE ZOMBIE box set containing "everything we ever recorded," according to the singer. "I am currently transferring all the early shit from the original tapes," he previously said. "No remixing going on here ? everything will be as it was originally recorded. Don't know when this box set will be available, but it is slowly moving forward. This will be the final word on WHITE ZOMBIE."

Zombie's remake of the classic horror film "Halloween" is scheduled to hit theatres on August 31. His previous credits as a screenwriter and director are 2003's "House of 1000 Corpses" and 2005's "The Devil's Rejects".

Huge White Zombie fan since I was about ten years old. Rob's solo stuff is very hit or miss with me tho. Real happy with the track list here tho from what I know. Those are 5 GREAT WZ songs, especially excited for Black Sunshine. Those are alot of his solo songs I like too, except I never heard demonoid Phenomenon or demon speeding.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2007, 01:12:28 PM »

Rob Zombie confirmed in an interview with the Los Angeles TV station KTLA this morning (Thursday, August 23) that he will hit the road in October as the support act for OZZY OSBOURNE. According to Zombie, the trek is expected to run through December. Exact cities and dates will be announced soon.

The singer was originally in the running to open some fall dates for BLACK SABBATH offshoot band HEAVEN AND HELL, but couldn't commit to that because it was too close to the opening of his remake of the horror classic "Halloween".

Thats an awesome package...I hope they come to Toronto

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2007, 06:30:03 AM »

i really dig white zombie.

obviously the heavy riffs are great, but i love the use of horror movie samples to give this sense of insanity to the songs.

html sucks
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2007, 02:30:08 AM »

Rob Zombie & Lionel Richie feat. Trina
"Brick House 2003" (Live)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IwVWKraSChE

Happy Halloween ok
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2008, 04:22:51 PM »

Rob Zombie has issued the following update;

"Well, yesterday I started work on my next full-length studio album. We wrote a ton of stuff on the last tour and are finally putting it down. I don't have a release date yet. I'll keep you all posted as things progress. That's it."

Rob Zombie called the record labels "dinosaurs waiting to die" in an interview in the March issue of Metal Edge magazine. Zombie said that the labels "all have a defeatist attitude. And that's why in another couple of years, they won't exist...They're just overpaid and lazy, and it's all crumbled around them. But the art is not going anywhere. You go out there, and there's more tours than ever, the shows are bigger than ever, the crowds are crazier than ever, the fans are younger than ever; there's no lack of demand for the music or the bands or anything. It's just that the record labels are these overstuffed, overpaid dinosaurs. They're gonna die. The music's not going anywhere."

Zombie said in a recent conference call that he's not sure what future music distribution will look like. "There's got to be something else you can do because CDs, we know that's done," he said. "That's just done. And a download is just not that exciting. There's something missing when you ? you can't walk up to someone and go, 'Oh, can you autograph my download?' There's got to be something else that can then happen. I just don't know. I mean, we're certainly trying to figure out what it is, because I want to figure out something special for the next musical release, whatever it will be."

Zombie, who is also a feature film director, also told Metal Edge, "The problem with the record industry is that they've tried to emulate the film business. The film business is very much about the opening weekend...But with a record, it used to be that you'd work it." He added that with his recent concert CD, "Zombie Live", "They put it out there, they put, like, five minutes of work into it, and they're, like, 'We're done'...They say 'No one buys CDs,'so they don't bother to sell them."

Zombie recently confirmed last week that his next live-action feature film will be called "Tyrannosaurus Rex". Reportedly a biker flick and not about dinosaurs, the film is set for release on August 28, 2009. It will follow his hit 2007 remake of the horror classic "Halloween" and his upcoming animated film, "The Haunted World of El Superbeasto".

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2008, 05:33:01 PM »

ive really come to love White Zombie.

especially Astro Creep, that albums just amazing due to the mix of heavy ass riffs with john tempestas awesome dance drumming.

I cant wait to get this box set robs releasing of loads of white zombie stuff remastered!

i hope its not too expensive...

html sucks
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2008, 02:30:22 AM »

Astro Creep 2000 was a great CD. I wore that out back in the day ( mid 1990's)

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2008, 04:12:02 PM »

I've seen Rob solo a Few Times, Once with Korn back in the day, and twice as a solo Headliner. He gives a hell of a live performance, if you like his music you have to catch a show, the experience of his music and him live is awesome.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2009, 09:18:54 PM »

Rob Zombie has selected the song "What?" as the first single from his fourth solo album, "Hellbilly Deluxe 2: Noble Jackals, Penny Dreadfuls and the Systematic Dehumanization of Cool". The track heads to rock radio this week. Meanwhile, Zombie hinted in an online post that his new CD ? which is due on November 17 via Geffen ? could be his last, saying, "Well, pretty soon the CD will be dead. All you will have left is digital downloads. So before we say goodbye to the almighty CD, I thought I would give it a big send-off. I love being able to get great artists involved on my CD artwork and this time is the best yet. Since this may be the last true CD I make, I thought I would gather three of the top artists around to contribute some killer new Zombie art for the booklet."

The artists contributing work to the CD's booklet are Nocturnals comic book creator Dan Brereton, animation and storyboard artist David Hartman and Italian artist Alex Horley, who has worked for Image Comics and DC Comics.

"Hellbilly Deluxe 2" track listing:

01. Jesus Frankenstein
02. Sick Bubble-Gun
03. What?
04. Mars Needs Women
05. Werewolf, Baby
06. Virgin Witch
07. Dream Factory
08. Burn
09. Cease to Exist
10. Werewolf Women of the SS
11. The Man Who Laughs

Check out the cover artwork below.

Rob Zombie will kick off his upcoming North American tour on October 29 in Phoenix, Arizona, according to a press release. he will hit the road with the same band that toured behind his 2006 CD, "Educated Horses", consisting of guitarist John 5, bassist Piggy D. and drummer Tommy Clufetos. Although Zombie is also busy these days directing movies, he told The Pulse of Radio he can always count on his current bandmates to return. "Whenever I'm making a movie they go off and do whatever they want, but they're all part of this band," he said. "We just did all of our photos for the tour and stuff. It's the same band, it's just that I know those guys get itchy to play."

Support on the tour will come from NEKROMANTIX and CAPTAIN CLEGG & THE NIGHT CREATURES. The latter band appeared in Zombie's latest film, "Halloween II".

The trek will include a very special Halloween event on October 31 in Hollywood, California hosted by Uncle Seymour Coffins, also seen in "Halloween II".

The "Hellbilly Deluxe 2" tour will mark Zombie's return to the road after moderate box office success as the writer and director of "Halloween II" (Dimension). His R-rated, animated feature, "The Haunted World Of El Superbeasto", was made available everywhere on DVD and Blu-ray September 22.

Zombie will return to the stage on October 18, when he co-headlines Loud Park festival in Japan with SLAYER that will also feature PAPA ROACH.

"Halloween II", the follow-up to Zombie's successful 2007 remake of the original 1978 horror classic, came in at No. 3 in its opening weekend, earning $17 million at the box office. That's far less than the $31 million his first "Halloween" flick did two years ago.

Zombie's next film will be a remake of "The Blob", which he is slated to begin shooting in the spring of 2010.

Baby Firefly
Headliner

Tutti Fuckin' Frutti.

« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2009, 11:12:49 PM »

What? is the album's first single and has been released to radio stations. I have it, it's got that heavy hook and riff to it. John5 did a great job and reviving the life of old Zombie sound. Don't take this as me disliking Educated Horses because that is not the case, I fucking love that album.

Also,

Another new track Sick Bubble-Gum has been released to a website for onle streaming. Heavy shit that one is. It's my favorite thus far.

I especially can't wait to hear this. Alongside the Skinny Puppy album slated for release at the end of this month, HB2 is the only other album I'm looking forward to getting before the end of 2009.

I am also additionally stoked to listen to Werewolf Women of the SS.

Whatever you need to do, you do it. There is no wrong. If someone needs to be killed, you kill 'em. That's the way.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2009, 11:00:57 AM »

Rob Zombie's fourth solo studio album, "Hellbilly Deluxe 2: Noble Jackals, Penny Dreadfuls and the Systematic Dehumanization of Cool", has been pushed back to " an undetermined 2010 date" from the previously announced November 17 (via Geffen Records). No reason was given for the delay.

"Hellbilly Deluxe" was the name of Zombie's first and most successful solo outing, issued back in 1998.

"The plan was always to make this kind of like the sequel to 'Hellbilly Deluxe', but I didn't want to force it," Zombie recently told AOL's Noisecreep. "I always figure records dictate their own journey. You might say, 'Oh, we're going to write the heaviest thing ever.' But you get in there and, you know, you might write things that aren't heavy that are great, so you kind of go with it. But this one seems like a great follow-up to that record."

"The record's really varied, just like the first one," Zombie says of the new CD. "There are huge, epic songs with 100-piece orchestras. And then there's something like 'What,' which is just the four of us in a garage literally playing live together and making a big noise."

Prior to the decision to move the release date back to 2010, "Hellbilly Deluxe 2" was supposed to contain the following track listing:

01. Jesus Frankenstein
02. Sick Bubblegum
03. What?
04. Mars Needs Women
05. Werewolf, Baby!
06. Virgin Witch
07. Death and Destiny Inside The Dream Factory
08. Burn
09. Cease to Exist
11. The Man Who Laughs

"Sick Bubblegum" and "What?" are available for streaming at YouTube

Rob Zombie will kick off his upcoming North American tour on October 29 in Phoenix, Arizona, according to a press release. He will hit the road with the same band that toured behind his 2006 CD, "Educated Horses", consisting of guitarist John 5, bassist Piggy D. and drummer Tommy Clufetos. Although Zombie is also busy these days directing movies, he told The Pulse of Radio he can always count on his current bandmates to return. "Whenever I'm making a movie they go off and do whatever they want, but they're all part of this band," he said. "We just did all of our photos for the tour and stuff. It's the same band, it's just that I know those guys get itchy to play."

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2009, 06:04:42 PM »

I LOVE HELLBILLY DELUXE. I have to play the shit out of it every Halloween, this year is no exception. Its one of my favorite things. How fucking cool this news is!

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2009, 06:57:14 PM »

I'm goin to see him the day before halloween....he's playin on halloween in LA I beleive.

Axl is God.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2009, 01:00:05 PM »

I am jealous. I would love to see Zombie in LA. Just wish it wasn't Halloween night (I am a family man and gots to go trick or treating, and pass out candy), even though I know it is an awesome thing to do on Samhein.

I am really really wanting Hellbilly Deluxe 2. The new song on youtube and shit is fucking great in my opinion. I can't believe this album won't be out for Halloween. I am actually hoping it will leak or something so I can have it and play it on Halloween. Rob will get my money regardless as I will for sure buy the album. I really love the fucking first Hellbilly. Its Zombie's best album, with only Astro Creep coming close. I can see why people might prefer Astro Creep but, Hellbilly just feels like Halloween, which is far and away the greatest Holiday by a fucking lightyear.

zosobob6
Rocker

« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2009, 12:44:39 PM »

Im probably going to see him in Louisville ok
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2009, 02:15:46 PM »

Lucky bastard. Rob puts on great shows. Robots Aliens, tripped out colors and film scenes playing, effects galore. Very immersive show. I love him live.

axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2009, 10:16:00 AM »

Rob Zombie Tour Goes On Despite "Hellbilly 2' Album Delay

Rob Zombie decided to push back the release date of his "Hellbilly Deluxe 2" album because "everything was turning into a chaotic mess."

Zombie's fourth solo studio album -- and the sequel to his 1998 solo debut -- was originally slated to come out on Nov. 17. But he told Billboard.com during a conference call for his upcoming concert tour that he felt "the basic structure of releasing a record" was not adequately in place for the project.

"Basically the label (Geffen) wasn't really in a position to promote it or deal with it," Zombie explained. "It was basically everything, from getting advance copies to the press to...There wasn't even time to make a video (for the first single, 'What?') and we were leaving for the tour. There was the sense that every little thing about the record was rushed -- not the music, 'cause that was done for a long time, and that was the thing that was so annoying. We spent so much time crafting the record, we didn't want it to be something that was so chaotic that it became, 'Oh, that's done and gone' two weeks later."

Zombie has not set a new release date for the album but promised the announcement would come soon, possibly even this week.

Meanwhile, he and his band are still gearing up for the tour, which kicks off Thursday in Phoenix. He said fans can expect a return to the lavish stage production he'd abandoned in supporting 2006's "Educated Horses."

"It's pretty awesome," Zombie noted. "I have the stage set from the first 'Hellbilly' tour in storage; I toyed with the idea of pulling it out...and using the actual set. But it felt so tired and contrived to do that. It seemed fake. So we've sort of gone back and created what seems like the new version of that...the modernized update of that. There have been some incredible advancements in digital technology. It's pretty high-tech stage show going on. The stage feels very fresh, very modern, very high-tech. It has the spirit of that first show."

Zombie is also planning an "extra special" version of the show for his Halloween night performance at the Palladium in Los Angeles, re-creating the concert scene from his latest film, "Halloween 2," complete with a performance by Capt. Clegg & the Night Creatures and more pyrotechnics than he'll be using during other stops on the tour.

"I hate the idea of going to a concert on Halloween and they don't really make it a Halloween event," Zombie says. "We went to great lengths...It's the concert but also a giant Halloween party."

Zombie will be including some "Hellbilly Deluxe 2" songs -- including "What?" and "Werewolf Women of the S.S." -- in his concerts, even before the album is released, and he plans to be on the road until the fall of 2010. He has more movie work in his crosshairs, too: he just completed work on a director's cut of "Halloween 2" that should be out on DVD in time for the holidays; a rumored remake of "The Blob" is likely but unscheduled: and another film is lined up that will take him out of the horror and gore realm. "If (that's) the next movie," Zombie said, "people will be shocked."

Axl is God.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2009, 08:33:14 PM »

In a sudden and unexpected move, multi-platinum hard rock artist Rob Zombie has inked has a new worldwide deal with leading rock label Roadrunner Records through its Loud & Proud imprint.

This shocking announcement comes as Zombie exits his former label and of eighteen years, where he sold fifteen million records as a solo artist and with his former band WHITE ZOMBIE. Zombie's new album, "Hellbilly Deluxe 2", previously set for release on 11/17 will now be released by Roadrunner/Loud & Proud Records in early 2010.

"It certainly wasn't an easy decision to make after all this time, but it had to be done," states Zombie. "I love this new record and wanted to surround myself with an excited new group of people who can reignite my enthusiasm for working within a hard rock record label. Roadrunner seems to be the perfect place."

"Roadrunner is thrilled to be involved with Rob Zombie on a worldwide basis as he is a multiple-threat artist whom we've admired for many years," said Roadrunner president Jonas Nachsin.

Tom Lipsky, founder and president of Loud & Proud echoed Nachsin's sentiment, "Rob Zombie hits hard on 'Hellbilly Deluxe 2' and the fans expect nothing less. We are excited about the monster mayhem that he is certain to create!"

The first single from the new album, "What?", recently launched at all rock radio formats and is quickly climbing the charts. This latest album marks the follow-up to 1998's triple platinum "Hellbilly Deluxe".

The track listing is as follows:

01. Jesus Frankenstein
02. Sick Bubblegum
03. What?
04. Mars Needs Women
05. Werewolf, Baby!
06. Virgin Witch
07. Death and Destiny Inside The Dream Factory
08. Burn
09. Cease to Exist
11. The Man Who Laughs

Zombie hinted in an online post that his new CD could be his last, saying, "Well, pretty soon the CD will be dead. All you will have left is digital downloads. So before we say goodbye to the almighty CD, I thought I would give it a big send-off. I love being able to get great artists involved on my CD artwork and this time is the best yet. Since this may be the last true CD I make, I thought I would gather three of the top artists around to contribute some killer new Zombie art for the booklet."

The artists contributing work to the CD's booklet are Nocturnals comic book creator Dan Brereton, animation and storyboard artist David Hartman and Italian artist Alex Horley, who has worked for Image Comics and DC Comics.

Rob Zombie will kick off his upcoming North American tour on October 29 in Phoenix, Arizona, according to a press release. he will hit the road with the same band that toured behind his 2006 CD, "Educated Horses", consisting of guitarist John 5, bassist Piggy D. and drummer Tommy Clufetos. Although Zombie is also busy these days directing movies, he told The Pulse of Radio he can always count on his current bandmates to return. "Whenever I'm making a movie they go off and do whatever they want, but they're all part of this band," he said. "We just did all of our photos for the tour and stuff. It's the same band, it's just that I know those guys get itchy to play."

Support on the tour will come from NEKROMANTIX and CAPTAIN CLEGG & THE NIGHT CREATURES. The latter band appeared in Zombie's latest film, "Halloween II".

The trek will include a very special Halloween event on October 31 in Hollywood, California hosted by Uncle Seymour Coffins, also seen in "Halloween II".

The "Hellbilly Deluxe 2" tour will mark Zombie's return to the road after moderate box office success as the writer and director of "Halloween II" (Dimension). His R-rated, animated feature, "The Haunted World Of El Superbeasto", was made available everywhere on DVD and Blu-ray September 22.

"Halloween II", the follow-up to Zombie's successful 2007 remake of the original 1978 horror classic, came in at No. 3 in its opening weekend, earning $17 million at the box office. That's far less than the $31 million his first "Halloween" flick did two years ago.

Zombie's next film will be a remake of "The Blob", which he is slated to begin shooting in the spring of 2010.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: