Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:16:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227903 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  UK Terror Plot Thwarted, Terror Threat Raised to Critical
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK Terror Plot Thwarted, Terror Threat Raised to Critical  (Read 17428 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2006, 11:09:58 AM »

Yet I have seen him repreatedly cite to moveon.com or mediamatters.com.  There is just no breaking through.

Lie.

Why did everybody run away when Mal Brossard threw out one helluva post?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 11:12:12 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2006, 11:36:03 AM »

dereanged lil world where Fox is biased and unreliable, but Moveon and Al Jazerra are beacons of jounralistic integrity.
well fox is indeed biased and unreliable.
Moveon is too, but it is its role.
Al Jazerra is too, but again it is its role, a counter-weight to fox/etc ... propaganda.

Then why do people post smiley faces when Fox (whom is just as reliable as any other American network, but I would dare say much more objective than MoveOn or Al Jazerra) is cited? ?If all three of the sources in questions are biased, why does it seem acceptable to post garbage from MoveOn? ?Likely Berkeley said earlier about SLC, most of the people here choose a news source that aligns with their political beliefs. ?There is no objectivity or rationality, just blind hatred for anything that questions their support system and doesn't toe the line.

as i said, moveon is not to be compared to fox.
it would like comparing John Stewart's show to .... lets say ... crossfire ?

on aljazeera. again, it's a reaction to fox propaganda. a reaction.

well.

why is sakib saying that HZB is not a terrorist organization ? wel simply because there are not consensus on what a terrorist organization is.

I guess you can define it from its methods. alright.
So a terrorist organization is terrorist if it uses terror. so what ?
aren't you guys the first to say that the The End Justify The Means ?

when do the reasons start to have some wieght in the issue?

do freedom and democracy in iraq justify the bombing and the civilians ?
does the protection of israel justify the civilians casualties in lebanon ?
some would say yes.
if so. HZB has every right in the world to be what it is. i personnaly condenm it. cause i think the end does not justify the means.

during WW2 the "french resistance" used terrorist methods to get to the nazis. terrorism. and they were seen as heroes.
see it all depends on wich side you are.
a evil terrorist organization, or the heroes defending your land.
al-quaida is utterly evil. they are tangled in a wide, global war, outside of time. issue-less.
HZB is more down to earth. they were created for a reason (fight israel occupation). they still act for specific reasons. concrete reasons. reactions. a little different than a hate group.

about the news source. they are many sources, left or right that are objective enough.
i read Le Monde in France, it is clearly on the left, some would say "intellectual elitist". but it's objective enough.

fox, al jazeera and sky news are to be avoided. for clear reasons.

Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2006, 01:22:03 PM »

al jazeera propoganda

Wow.  My post went over someone's head.
Maybe because your post was way the hell off topic.

Considering all the media bashing, and especially Al-Jazeera bashing, that's going on here, I don't think it was off-topic at all.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Surfrider
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2006, 02:26:11 PM »

Yet I have seen him repreatedly cite to moveon.com or mediamatters.com.? There is just no breaking through.

Lie.

Lie.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2006, 04:04:19 PM »

Yet I have seen him repreatedly cite to moveon.com or mediamatters.com.  There is just no breaking through.

Lie.

Lie.

Lies!  LIES!  IT'S ALL DAMN LIES!!!!

OK, seriously though.  If a fact can be proven as just that-- a fact-- why does it matter who reports it, whether it's MoveOn.org, Fox News, or Al-Jazeera?

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2006, 04:15:04 PM »

Lie.

Lie.

We've been through this plenty of times.

Not only that but Pilferk came out and backed me 100 percent on that. The independent who agreed that I always use mainstream media (including conservative owned rags) as my sources. You then.......slunk away, like always. I recall posting an opinion piece out of NY Times once that sent you guys into a frenzy, foaming at the mouth and giving each other high fives because I was "caught" using a lefty source. 'Bout made me fall out of my chair with laughter.

Day in, day out, nothing changes. You guys all lie through your teeth about the real world and then anybody who dare come along and tell you emperor is not wearing any clothes.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2006, 04:18:01 PM »

Lie.

Lie.

Lies!  LIES!  IT'S ALL DAMN LIES!!!!

OK, seriously though.  If a fact can be proven as just that-- a fact-- why does it matter who reports it, whether it's MoveOn.org, Fox News, or Al-Jazeera?

The thing about Moveon, media matters etc, is that they thoroughly source their reports. They go out of their way to source their articles. I have seen plenty of neocons attack these groups, but never with merit. They just throw the dirty word liberal at the wall and  hope it sticks. For those that repeat the mantra without a thought of their own, it works just fine. For those of us who actually read the sources, and past the headlines, it is not accepted. Ask for it here, and you will only get a personal attack in reply (as seen above as I asked Gunslinger for more info.) Any group or person who gives an opposing view to the lockstep march of the neocons is labeled "liberal media".

That is how it works.......
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 04:20:03 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Surfrider
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2006, 05:25:54 PM »

Yet I have seen him repreatedly cite to moveon.com or mediamatters.com.? There is just no breaking through.

Lie.

Lie.

We've been through this plenty of times.

Not only that but Pilferk came out and backed me 100 percent on that. The independent who agreed that I always use mainstream media (including conservative owned rags) as my sources. You then.......slunk away, like always. I recall posting an opinion piece out of NY Times once that sent you guys into a frenzy, foaming at the mouth and giving each other high fives because I was "caught" using a lefty source. 'Bout made me fall out of my chair with laughter.

Day in, day out, nothing changes. You guys all lie through your teeth about the real world and then anybody who dare come along and tell you emperor is not wearing any clothes.

You can call it slinking away, but I actually have a job and can't dedicate, although I enjoy the discussions, the time that you can to a GNR website.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2006, 07:50:50 PM »

You can call it slinking away, but I actually have a job and can't dedicate, although I enjoy the discussions, the time that you can to a GNR website.

Maybe one day when you work for yourself, you can...........
Surfrider
« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2006, 08:23:53 PM »

Perhaps.  Although I am sure I would probably have less time to look at this board if I worked for myself.  Right now I like my lifestyle, and I am not willing to take the paycut. Wink  Perhaps I just work in the wrong industry.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2006, 08:37:51 PM »

Perhaps.  Although I am sure I would probably have less time to look at this board if I worked for myself.  Right now I like my lifestyle, and I am not willing to take the paycut. Wink  Perhaps I just work in the wrong industry.

I have had one day off in two months.....

Stay at your job......
sandman
Legend

« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2006, 10:03:16 PM »

wow, another thread turned into a right-left discussion. and this time something new.....the media!

hilarious since the first article posted was not from foxnews. it was an AP article.

but back on topic, this is a major W in the long war against terror. nice work!

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2006, 12:12:01 PM »

I have never heard you condemn muslims for ethnic cleansing; yet you correctly characterize the Jews' actions as ethnic cleansing.? I am glad some people understand what is going on in the world.

It is not a matter of "condemning" Muslims for ethnic cleansing. It is matter of me pointing it out. It has been going on in Bush's Iraq for a few years at this point, and I've been saying it the entire time (just as I point out Israel.) Israel has a huge lobby in America to make sure that the media report them in a completely different light then the remainder of the globe. The primary focus of this lobby is keeping reports of violence originating from Israel as sterile as possible. It works quite well, as most Americans are completely oblivious to their disregard for international law in that region .
I don't know what media you are watching or reading.? Everytime I sign on the internet there is a story about how many civilians Israel has killed for that particular day.? Yet, there is virtually no coverage of the havoc Hizbollah's indiscriminant targeting of civilians is having in Israel.? While most media outlets are Jewish owned, these are American-liberal-Jews.? From the start these people have condemned Israel's actions.? These outlets hardly represent, let alone are pawns for, the Jews in Israel.

Your comment that the Jews are "ethnic cleansing" speaks for itself.? That comment, more than any, is the clearest sign of who gets it and who does not.?

You want to know why they disregard the UN?? It's because people like you place their actions on the same moral level as the actions by Hizbollah and characterize their actions as "ethnic cleansing."? Unlike the United States, Israel's disagreement with the European Union or Russia doesn't just jeaopordize friendships, it jeopardizes Israel's survival.? Because there are countries and groups that border Israel that preach their death and destruction, I don't think Israel gives two shits about what the UN says.?

Berkeley,? reason why Hizbollah destruction to israel hasnt been shown cuz everyone knows it was accidental deaths and none purposely attacked em unlike israel who are purpose terrorists tro destroyh any arab and muslim nation. feel sorry for israelis because they dont know what their government is up to the poor areas such as the north they ned war to carry on so they can get jobs to rebuild destroyed buildings.
Please tell me you are joking around with this post.? If not, I am not really sure what to say to you.?

sadly this isnt a laughing matter. I cant fall for Al Jazeera because i cant speak arabic so i dont understand a word. My sources come from 7DAYS newspaper and BBC documentary i saw back in 2003. Btw, a terrorist group i believe is group that causes terror e.g. Policemen- supposeldy cause terror among criminals. HZB dont target civilians like a say look at the civilian: soldier ratio death of both sides.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2006, 12:16:21 PM »

Berkeley,? reason why Hizbollah destruction to israel hasnt been shown cuz everyone knows it was accidental deaths and none purposely attacked em unlike israel who are purpose terrorists tro destroyh any arab and muslim nation. feel sorry for israelis because they dont know what their government is up to the poor areas such as the north they ned war to carry on so they can get jobs to rebuild destroyed buildings.

Sakib, that just shows how blind you are to Islam and the ME that you would say something that dumb.? I don't think any intelligent person (hell, even the UN acknoledges Hezbollah as a terrorist group) could say that Hezbollah is not a terrorist group, but Israel is in the same sentence.? Do you even know the definition of a terrorist group?? Israel is a nation that is surrounded by nations with people who want nothing short of Israel's eradication.? Every treaty made by Israel is broken by some "terrorist group" while the host nation can plead ignorance.? I'm not naieve enought o say Israel doesn't have a lot to be blamed for and their share of responsibility, but the terrorist can't kill the Israeli military, so they aim for civilians.? Hezbollah places themselves in civilian areas so when there are unforrtunate deaths, people like you blaim Israel rather than the pieces of shit who endangered the civilians.? I challenge you this Sakib, cite me one example where an Israeli leader called and prayed for the genocide of all Muslims and their nation?? Cause I can give you a few where your muslim pals did.? For a peaceful religion, it's most loyal practicioners seem to have missed something.

The "loyal" practitioners have missed something namely; unity, sanity, education. Btw, my other source comes from good old JACOB who is currenly in South American continent. Shouldn't every group be terrorising? Think about it, people dont commit crimes when they feel "teror" of being arrested. Am i misdefining terrorist here? Is that the type of terrorist HZB are?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 12:19:38 PM by Sakib » Logged

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2006, 04:58:09 PM »

The thing about Moveon, media matters etc, is that they thoroughly source their reports. They go out of their way to source their articles. I have seen plenty of neocons attack these groups, but never with merit. They just throw the dirty word liberal at the wall and  hope it sticks. For those that repeat the mantra without a thought of their own, it works just fine. For those of us who actually read the sources, and past the headlines, it is not accepted. Ask for it here, and you will only get a personal attack in reply (as seen above as I asked Gunslinger for more info.) Any group or person who gives an opposing view to the lockstep march of the neocons is labeled "liberal media".

That is how it works.......

Isn't Neocon a dirty too? Kind of like the teapot/kettle theory?

Did you get past my FOXNews link before throwing out your remark of 'belief'?

P.S. I never have a problem with people who disagree with me. I can respect that without personally attacking others. Smiley

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: