Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 09:03:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  UK Terror Plot Thwarted, Terror Threat Raised to Critical
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK Terror Plot Thwarted, Terror Threat Raised to Critical  (Read 17672 times)
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2006, 11:16:03 AM »

thats understandable, but acting on your first impulse is very dangerous.

on a forum anyway.... *le eye roll*

2nafish takes things seriously. forum or no forum !

Brody
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2006, 11:33:58 AM »

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig7/rudmin1.html

No matter how sophisticated and super-duper are NSA's methods for identifying terrorists, no matter how big and fast are NSA's computers, NSA's accuracy rate will never be 100% and their misidentification rate will never be 0%. That fact, plus the extremely low base-rate for terrorists, means it is logically impossible for mass surveillance to be an effective way to find terrorists.

I will not put Bayes' computational formula here. It is available in all elementary statistics books and is on the web should any readers be interested. But I will compute some conditional probabilities that people are terrorists given that NSA's system of mass surveillance identifies them to be terrorists.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig7/rudmin1.html

interesting read.
PEACE

Reminds me of a topic that Wathefuck ever started! Damn that NSA we need to get rid of them haha What a waste of time..

the thing is you could get rid of all the terrorists in the world but not the stupid pilots

thats true.. terrorism stems fron shotty pilots!!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2006, 12:52:27 PM »

cant wait for bush and the boys to invade Bradford and flush them out.

Based on Bush's past reasoning, I'd assume he would be invading Denmark at any moment now............
Surfrider
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2006, 10:43:30 AM »

Anyone else have the feeling that Bush, Cheney and Blair made up this whole thing, just like 911, so that they could pass stricter laws, steal oil, and look to see which books I am checking out at the library?
Surfrider
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2006, 10:46:14 AM »

cant wait for bush and the boys to invade Bradford and flush them out.

Based on Bush's past reasoning, I'd assume he would be invading Denmark at any moment now............
No, Denmark has neither Muslims nor oil.  Bush is waiting for Israel to give him the green light on what country to invade.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2006, 10:54:48 AM »

Anyone else have the feeling that Bush, Cheney and Blair made up this whole thing, just like 911, so that they could pass stricter laws, steal oil, and look to see which books I am checking out at the library?

No.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
SLCPUNK
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2006, 11:55:49 AM »

and look to see which books I am checking out at the library?

Your well is starting to run dry.........

It was a tip from the Muslim community to the British police that brought attention to these future terrorists. Not spying on civilians or having rights stripped away from the citizens of that country.

Bush is waiting for Israel to give him the green light on what country to invade.

Well that would not surprise me actually. Given our relationship with Israel, how we filter their oppressive actions in our USA media and the billions of dollars we give them each year to carry out their ethnic cleansing program.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 12:00:50 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
gun
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2006, 12:20:20 PM »

Damn...you figured it out!!!  "They" thought that a masterful plan had been created but were too foolish to overlook the astonishing intellect of people like you.  What a major miscalculation and critical mistake on "their" parts.  Too bad you wasn't around when the government offed Kennedy.   
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2006, 12:22:23 PM »

It was a tip from the Muslim community to the British police that brought attention to these future terrorists. Not spying on civilians or having rights stripped away from the citizens of that country.

It was one of many tips that were received from various outlets.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Surfrider
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2006, 01:32:11 PM »

I heard that too, but like most of the coverage I brushed it aside.? How could a muslim have given up these terrorists when these terrorists aren't really muslims.? They have no ties to the muslim communities.? It's not like these people are preaching hate in the mosks in Britain.? After all, you saw how quickly CAIR and other muslim groups came out and condemned the would be terrorists.? You saw them come forward and state that they will be vigilant in rooting out these "non-muslims."

? Bush is waiting for Israel to give him the green light on what country to invade.

Well that would not surprise me actually. Given our relationship with Israel, how we filter their oppressive actions in our USA media and the billions of dollars we give them each year to carry out their ethnic cleansing program.
You are dead on.? The media continues to boost up Israel's military might by their constant reporting of Israel's killing of civilians.? Yet, Hizzbollah gets no credit for the descrution and their deliberate targeting and destruction of Israeli civilians.? You would think that Israel would have at least learned to leaf-let these areas.? Moreover, these Hizzbollah fighters are fighting on behalf of all muslims.? How could anyone think that they would honestly shoot off rockets from civilian homes in hopes of getting Israeli jets to bomb civilians?

I also agree with the ethnic cleansing comment.? Just because the sunnis and the shiites expressly and verbally express their intent to destroy all Jews, Hindus, Christians and all non-muslims, they get all of the coverage.? Meanwhile, the Jews don't say anything of the sort and take active steps to withdraw from the Gaza strip.? Of course all of that was just an attempt to gain worldwide support before they started their campaign to rid the middle east of muslims through ethnic cleansing.? I am glad you see the truth.? I have never heard you condemn muslims for ethnic cleansing; yet you correctly characterize the Jews' actions as ethnic cleansing.? I am glad some people understand what is going on in the world.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 01:14:33 AM by BerkeleyRiot » Logged
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2006, 09:23:55 AM »

Fuck religion and fuck the cunts who think its OK to kill people in the name of religion.
oh man i used to think like that when i was 12 !!! Smiley

IT IS NOT RIGHT TO KILL ANYONE IN THE NAME OF ANYTHING!! rant

so is it ok to kill someone in the name of democracy ? freedom ? justice ?

religion has little to do with what's going on.
it's a mere 2% of the problem, one little parameter, like the kind of pen they use to write their plans, the brand of the shoes they wear.

right on Watever. Religion has nothing to do with it. They raided where my sister teaches in birmingham, england. She teaches at saltley which is on Belchers lane and they raided all houses on that road. The children are so uneducated that rather than realise seriousness of the situation they smiled and waved at the cameras. It clearly cant be them. to be honest, if CIA trained 14 year olds in afghanistan to be ruthless killing machine in russia-afghan war, do you really expect people to be sane?

"yes indeed but we cant do anything about it. Suggest they're definitley free masons.
You are dead on.  The media continues to boost up Israel's military might by their constant reporting of Israel's killing of civilians.  Yet, Hizzbollah gets no credit for the descrution and their deliberate targeting and destruction of Israeli civilians"- BerkleyRiot

I disagree the fact Hizbullah targets civilians. Look at the deaths of this war in ratio from military:civilian and compare to Lebanese death tolls. Civilian death toll is far higher in israel. Israel is terrorist government because they destroy and massacre civilian. Hizbollah isnt, civilians that die are war casualty. Even in israel, on the bakstreet of old town jerusalem they selling stuff to praise hizbollah as shown in 7DAYS and Emirates Today newspaper

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2006, 09:43:03 AM »

looks like blair is gonna push through the 90 day detention bill on the back of this.

Its strange that this government which has been a laughing stock for the last 6 months has now pushed all its problems out the headlines and is forcing through a bill that people have never wanted subsequent to a terror plot which brought the country's airports to a stand still in the middle of summer. Well, not so much strange as incredibly fortunate, for them.

we are the puppet people.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2006, 12:54:00 PM »

That is not what was reported............
SLCPUNK
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2006, 01:06:56 PM »

I have never heard you condemn muslims for ethnic cleansing; yet you correctly characterize the Jews' actions as ethnic cleansing.  I am glad some people understand what is going on in the world.

It is not a matter of "condemning" Muslims for ethnic cleansing. It is matter of me pointing it out. It has been going on in Bush's Iraq for a few years at this point, and I've been saying it the entire time (just as I point out Israel.) Israel has a huge lobby in America to make sure that the media report them in a completely different light then the remainder of the globe. The primary focus of this lobby is keeping reports of violence originating from Israel as sterile as possible. It works quite well, as most Americans are completely oblivious to their disregard for international law in that region .
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 01:08:52 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2006, 01:45:20 PM »

From FOXNews.com
British Question 22 Terror Plot Suspects; Warn Risk of Attacks Longterm, Severe
Sunday, August 13, 2006

LONDON ? British police questioned 22 suspects Sunday in the alleged plot to bomb trans-Atlantic jetliners in mid-air, and the country's top law-and-order official warned that the risk of another attack still remained high.

Home Secretary John Reid said the threat "is a chronic one and it is a severe one."

Reid repeated the assertion, made before by police, that Britain has foiled four major terrorist plots since the July 7, 2005, London transit bombings, and said police were conducting about 24 anti-terrorist investigations.

CountryWatch: Great Britain

Britain's terrorist threat level remained "critical" ? its highest designation ? and delays, flight cancellations and intense security continued to greet many travelers at London airports.

"We believe we have the main targets from this particular surveillance and plot," Reid told British Broadcasting Corp. television. "[But] there are still people out there who would carry out such attacks."

Police arrested 24 people across England on Thursday, saying they had thwarted a plot to blow up as many as 10 passenger planes flying between Britain and the United States. One suspect was released without charge, and a court will decide Monday on the detention of another. The suspect cannot be questioned in the interim.

The rest ? most young British-born Muslims ? were being questioned at high-security police stations. Under tough new anti-terrorism laws, authorities can hold suspects up to 28 days before they must be charged or released.

Among the leads British police were following was whether any of the suspects have connections to the 2005 London transit suicide bombers, or whether any others among them visited Pakistan in recent months. They are also examining Internet cafes near the suspects' homes with the possibility of tracking Web based e-mails or instant messages.

The international investigation has zeroed in on brothers Rashid and Tayib Rauf, the former arrested in Pakistan, the latter in Britain. Their father, Abdul Rauf, immigrated to Britain from the Mirpur district of Pakistan several decades ago, and his five children were all born in Britain.

Rashid Rauf was arrested about a week ago along the Pakistan-Afghan border, and Pakistani officials have named him as a "key person." They say there is evidence he was linked to an "Afghanistan-based Al Qaeda connection" but have given no details.

His 22-year-old brother Tayib was taken into custody in Britain, and there were unconfirmed reports a third brother may have been detained.

Relatives and other neighbors of the Raufs expressed shock that they were caught up in the inquiry, but the family is no stranger to the authorities. The Raufs' terraced home was first searched during a 2002 investigation into the fatal stabbing of Mohammed Saeed, the Rauf brothers' uncle, police said.

Rashid Rauf was reportedly a suspect in that slaying, and is believed to have left England for Pakistan shortly after Saeed's death. The home was searched again in connection with a murder during race riots in 2005.

Pakistan is questioning at least 17 people, including Rauf and one other British national whose name has not been released. A senior Pakistani security official told The Associated Press that Rauf's arrest prompted an accomplice in the southern city of Karachi to make a panicked phone call to a suspect in the United Kingdom, giving the green-light for the airliner plot to move forward urgently.

"This telephone call intercept in Karachi and the arrest of Rashid Rauf helped a lot to foil the terror plan," the official said.

A second intelligence official described the accomplice as "inexperienced," and said the caller "alerted his associates about the arrest of Rashid Rauf, and asked them to go ahead." Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity due to the sensitive nature of their work.

While authorities in Pakistan believe they have nabbed the main players in the plot, the official said there are two or three people still at large, including Matiur Rahman, a senior figure in the Al Qaeda-linked Pakistani militant group Lashkar-e-Jhangvi. Rahman's name was mentioned by one of the detainees during interrogation.

Many in Britain's Muslim community are deeply distrustful of the police following high-profile blunders in the past, including the killing of a man mistaken for a suicide bomber and the shooting of another man in a raid that resulted in no charges.

Prominent British Muslims, including three members of Parliament, also complained in an open letter Saturday that Britain's intervention in Iraq and the failure to secure an immediate cease-fire between Israel and Hezbollah were providing "ammunition to extremists who threaten us all."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,208123,00.html

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2006, 02:28:37 PM »

Don't forget, Fox News is:  Fair and Balanced.   hihi

As long as it's done properly, surveillance/snooping is a necessary evil in today's world. 
In fact, I believe every public gathering locale and street corner should have cameras. 
In the "old days" every small town had a sheriff and deputy that knew everyone in the area, and the biggest threat to a community was some gun-toting bank robber or mentally ill killer.  In an age where terrorists are plotting mass-homicide on a grand scale, it is necessary our governments keep an eye on their citizens.

The most effective tool in the war on terror is the cooperation of the overwhelmingly peaceful Islamic community itself.  Even if it means alerting authorities to suspicious teenagers, or getting sheiks at the local level to be on the look-out for kids who could become radicalized, it's all good.  The problem with these scenarios seems to be fear that is generated by the "terrorist sweeps" where innocents are included in the round-ups and held with their rights thrown out the window in the name of security. 

Congrats to the U.K. law enforcement personnel!  Fish n' chips for all of ya!   peace 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SLCPUNK
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2006, 06:09:28 PM »

I can't believe somebody used Fox as their source............. hihi

"The Washington Post reported the original surveillance was based on a tip from a member of Britain's Muslim community."

http://www.csmonitor.com/
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 06:18:21 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2006, 06:50:01 PM »

"The Washington Post reported the original surveillance was based on a tip from a member of Britain's Muslim community."

So nothing out of Fox is reliable?  But when people post article from biased organizations or think tanks, that's some how credible.  I hate the New York Times, but I'm not arrogant enough to disregard everything they say just because most of the editors are socialists and should be shot for treason.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2006, 07:13:55 PM »

Your original quote was:

Well it was reported and I showed you. Should everyone laugh if people use sources/news links from CNN, the BBC, The NY Times, The Washington Post, L.A. Times, etc., etc., etc.?? I guess alot people may not believe you used The Washington Post or any other news media as a source either. Maybe you should believe when I showed you you were incorrect.

Surfrider
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2006, 09:28:28 PM »

Your original quote was:

Well it was reported and I showed you. Should everyone laugh if people use sources/news links from CNN, the BBC, The NY Times, The Washington Post, L.A. Times, etc., etc., etc.?? I guess alot people may not believe you used The Washington Post or any other news media as a source either. Maybe you should believe when I showed you you were incorrect.
Don't waste your time.  This guy has repeatedly stated that Al Jazeera is more accurate than the U.S. media.  Whatever media outlet reports what he wants to hear is the media outlet that is most accurate.  You proved him wrong; he is trying to wiggle his way out of it by discrediting your source.  He places a smilie face next to your citation of fox news, Yet I have seen him repreatedly cite to moveon.com or mediamatters.com.  There is just no breaking through.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: