Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 03:03:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)  (Read 140004 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #680 on: January 04, 2016, 07:37:27 AM »

Everybody is so jacked up for tomorrow...

Just water cooler talk here in anticipation of the announcement.

The DVR is set ...

"It's not GNR without Matt Sorum!!"   Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #681 on: January 04, 2016, 08:32:27 AM »

Yet another case of "can't please everybody". For years, we heard "it's not GN'R without Slash". Every single time the band toured since 1993.
Now, when it's rumored that he's back, what happens? Now it's still not GN'R enough for some.

/jarmo

Says a lot more about the "complainers" who only wanted to discredit "NewGNR". It was not all about "without Slash...". Guns is more than Slash and Axl but these two guys are the most important components. Plus, I think these people are more  than happy now, but they know it's not the full "reunion/oldGuns/OrigGuns/whatever" as it was back then, if Adler and Izzy shouldn't be part of the group of this hypothetical reunion. just a fact. nothing wrong about it. nothing to get "upset" about. they're happy nonetheless.

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #682 on: January 04, 2016, 08:42:38 AM »

Nobody's getting upset.

Just seeing the humor in the situation.
Like when people complain about not having any shows in their area, and then when they do, there's something wrong with it... Like the date, ticket prices, venue and whatever else.  rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #683 on: January 04, 2016, 08:45:41 AM »

Really got to work overtime to find things to complain about.

Not about GNR.  About other fans.

Does the struggle ever end?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #684 on: January 04, 2016, 08:47:04 AM »

Prove me wrong or shut up.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #685 on: January 04, 2016, 08:52:45 AM »

/jarmo

just curious, who recently said it's not GnR?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #686 on: January 04, 2016, 08:58:03 AM »

I see that kind of nonsense on social media all the time.

/jarmo

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #687 on: January 04, 2016, 09:00:37 AM »

There have been various complaints, in various places (including Facebook, twitter, here, mygnr, etc) bemoaning the fact about who's "not in the band" and so it's "not a reunion" and they're "Not buying a fucking ticket" because of it.  In many various configurations of verbage and sentiment.

Just like there was a loud contingent who, when seeing the ticket prices reported by Billboard, fussed and moaned.

Personally, I couldn't care any less.  There will always be people who bitch about everything, no matter what. Give them a million bucks, and they'll bitch about the taxes they have to pay on it.  Some people just like to bitch.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Annie
« Reply #688 on: January 04, 2016, 09:02:31 AM »

One day more. Another day another destiny. We will have all the answers we need tomorrow. it's only a day away. hihi
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #689 on: January 04, 2016, 09:11:12 AM »

You have a site full of people over the moon with this latest news, do you not?

Are you really going to worry about the handful, the literal handful, of people that aren't 100% ecstatic?

Is the only way you know how to relate to people lecturing them?  Take your own advice for once.  Be happy for a change.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #690 on: January 04, 2016, 09:14:45 AM »

Where did I say I worry? Where did I say I wasn't happy?

That's on you. You're thinking you know what I think and how I feel.

You're wrong. Smiley

Stop assuming you know me. Please.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #691 on: January 04, 2016, 09:16:30 AM »

Personally, I couldn't care any less.  There will always be people who bitch about everything, no matter what. Give them a million bucks, and they'll bitch about the taxes they have to pay on it.  Some people just like to bitch.

Exactly.  Fuck 'em.

This is the best GNR news in 20 years.  Some sourpuss wants to pout in the corner over Steven Adler not being involved, the hell with them.

Annie
« Reply #692 on: January 04, 2016, 09:17:50 AM »

Exactly.  Fuck 'em.

This is the best GNR news in 20 years.  Some sourpuss wants to pout in the corner over Steven Adler not being involved, the hell with them.
I really hope that he has 0 involvement. He is so not worthy.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #693 on: January 04, 2016, 09:27:49 AM »

Exactly.  Fuck 'em.

I know, I know.

Some people just want to watch the world burn...and then complain the flames aren't hot enough, or are burning too bright, or are tinged with blue.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sandman
Legend

« Reply #694 on: January 04, 2016, 09:49:36 AM »

There have been various complaints, in various places (including Facebook, twitter, here, mygnr, etc) bemoaning the fact about who's "not in the band" and so it's "not a reunion" and they're "Not buying a fucking ticket" because of it.  In many various configurations of verbage and sentiment.

Just like there was a loud contingent who, when seeing the ticket prices reported by Billboard, fussed and moaned.

I was talking about on here.

of course there will be complaints all over the place. people love to bash Axl. but like you said, most of those people just bitch about everything. and even if they are fans of GnR.....every band has fans that complain about all kinds of stuff, and with the number of fans GnR fans have around the world, complaints (or voicing their preferences) is a guarantee.

on this message board, I believe I have seen people post over the years that the band was not GnR (for whatever reason). but I was shocked to hear that people are still saying that when the "big 3" are involved in the planned show(s).   

sandman
Legend

« Reply #695 on: January 04, 2016, 09:51:19 AM »

I see that kind of nonsense on social media all the time.

/jarmo

people love to bash Axl. that will always happen. people love to bash all kinds of people. there are no big bands that are immune to it. I've seen it with the Stone for years, and don't even get me started about the online hate for Metallica.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #696 on: January 04, 2016, 09:53:25 AM »

I was talking about on here.

of course there will be complaints all over the place. people love to bash Axl. but like you said, most of those people just bitch about everything. and even if they are fans of GnR.....every band has fans that complain about all kinds of stuff, and with the number of fans GnR fans have around the world, complaints (or voicing their preferences) is a guarantee.

on this message board, I believe I have seen people post over the years that the band was not GnR (for whatever reason). but I was shocked to hear that people are still saying that when the "big 3" are involved in the planned show(s).   

Yeah. Speaking for myself.. to see the big three onstage together live doing GNR songs will be a dream come true... Izzy would be extra special... but other than that... I could care less at this point...

IF Izzy and Steven/Matt cant or won't be involved for whatever reasons... Richard and Frank are great alternatives IMO.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #697 on: January 04, 2016, 09:57:45 AM »

People think its cool to bash Axl and GNR nowadays...specially the youngsters fans of Slipknot and Avendeg Sevenfold...the same thing is starting to happen with U2. These bands that are in the business for a while tends to get negative comments as the years pass...like Kiss, Motley Crue...and many others. For me theyre just trolls and I dont give a f about what they write.  If Axl reads Blabbermouth comments page he would feel like killing himself!  drool

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #698 on: January 04, 2016, 10:08:55 AM »

The only things that would stop me going to see some sort of reunited Guns N' Roses would be distance and cost.  I certainly don't begrudge the band topping up their pensions with a big payday, and they have a right to charge what the market will bear, but I don't have a great deal of spare cash lying around for gigs.  I think those are reasonable things for people to draw the line at... but who's banging the pots and pans at the back of the stage?  Nah.  I don't think ticket sales will take a hit because it's Frank and not Matt, or Matt and not Steven or Billybob and not Frank on drums.  As long as Slash (and Duff) is on there with Axl, that's all that matters for most people - including the many who've stayed away the last fifteen years or so.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 11:41:45 AM by Virolec » Logged

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #699 on: January 04, 2016, 10:15:45 AM »

I would love Izzy to be involved, but if he's not, I'm pretty sure that's his choice and, if so, so be it.  I'd prefer he shit or get off the pot, I find the guest appearances to be a bit embarrassing, like they're wheeling out an old long-retired athlete just to wave to the fans.  Geez, 4 guitars at once when he's up there, is his guitar even turned on when they bring him out? 
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: