Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 07:03:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227992 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)  (Read 140430 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #660 on: January 03, 2016, 08:10:46 PM »

Slash played it on New Years eve exactly like it's been played by him since 1987... I just don't think he's going to significantly change 'his' songs, because someone else changed how it was played in 2001.

I'll be very interested to see how KOHD get played.

Oh okay.  I don't know anything about playing guitar or any other instrument.  I was just thinking more generically that anything someone did 20 years ago would have had to evolve in some way over that length of time especially since there were so many other people involved. 

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #661 on: January 03, 2016, 08:13:12 PM »

Oh okay.  I don't know anything about playing guitar or any other instrument.  I was just thinking more generically that anything someone did 20 years ago would have had to evolve in some way over that length of time especially since there were so many other people involved. 

That's not totally wrong... simply, slash is not the kind of guitarist favorable to change something

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #662 on: January 03, 2016, 08:15:25 PM »

They would only be rehearsing if they were to perform on Kimmell, which I think will not happen.
If all of this is confirmed, they will have over 3 months to rehearse for the Coachella shows, that's pretty feasible.
I think that Axl does rehearse with the band closer to tour beginning ...I mean...the band rehearses for like 2 months and then Axl joins them some 2 weeks before the first show, just to set things up.

Watch the end of the video for Estranged in Rock In Rio 2011...Axl says something like:

"I dont think I sang this song in about 18 years...and maybe its the 34th time it gets played in the last couple weeks".  Maybe Axl joined the band for rehearsal two weeks prior the Rock in Rio concert....i'm just guessing anyway.

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #663 on: January 03, 2016, 08:37:43 PM »

I've seen a couple of different posts in different threads talking about the 'arraignment' of classic GnR songs. Hinting at the fact that Slash and Duff need to be shown how they are now played...

I would think that the way Slash and Duff have played those songs since leaving GNR has changed over the years based on how their style meshed with the styles of the band members in their other bands.  So I wouldn't think it would be a stretch or issue to think that everyone would be willing to mesh their styles now.

Edited to add:  Plus the fact that nobody probably remembers how they played it 20 years ago.  hihi

one of the great things about the old band was that they did not play the songs the same way every night. I hope they continue that. The past few tours sounded way to clean and polished.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #664 on: January 03, 2016, 08:59:11 PM »

I've seen a couple of different posts in different threads talking about the 'arraignment' of classic GnR songs. Hinting at the fact that Slash and Duff need to be shown how they are now played...

I would think that the way Slash and Duff have played those songs since leaving GNR has changed over the years based on how their style meshed with the styles of the band members in their other bands.  So I wouldn't think it would be a stretch or issue to think that everyone would be willing to mesh their styles now.

Edited to add:  Plus the fact that nobody probably remembers how they played it 20 years ago.  hihi

one of the great things about the old band was that they did not play the songs the same way every night. I hope they continue that. The past few tours sounded way to clean and polished.

Lol....damn those guys for making the songs sound clean and polished

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #665 on: January 03, 2016, 09:34:10 PM »

Axl Rose - Vocals
Slash - Lead Guitar
Richard Fortus - guitar
Dave Kushner - guitar
Duff McKagan - bass guitar
Frank Ferrer - drums
Dizzy Reed - keyboards
Chris Pitman - keyboards

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/report_this_is_the_final_lineup_of_reunited_guns_n_roses.html

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #666 on: January 03, 2016, 11:05:33 PM »

Axl Rose - Vocals
Slash - Lead Guitar
Richard Fortus - guitar
Dave Kushner - guitar
Frank Ferrer - drums
Dizzy Reed - keyboards
Chris Pitman - keyboards

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/report_this_is_the_final_lineup_of_reunited_guns_n_roses.html

Imagine tomorrow's leaked lineup will show someone else in and someone else out
Bring on the Kimmel show!
xxgunsxx
Headliner

« Reply #667 on: January 03, 2016, 11:55:40 PM »

I swear, everyone and their brother has drawn up their own conclusion as to how things are going to play out.
So here's mine.
If there's a third guitarist, it'll be Bucket head, not Dave.
Assuming there's a reunion, it will be more stripped down.

I'd be shocked if izzy and steven weren't involved full time. No possible way for Steven to keep his mouth closed, even if he was paid very well.

But then again, what do I know Smiley

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #668 on: January 04, 2016, 12:02:13 AM »

You may be right, Steven as we know is never this quiet.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #669 on: January 04, 2016, 12:57:19 AM »

Axl Rose - Vocals
Slash - Lead Guitar
Richard Fortus - guitar
Dave Kushner - guitar
Frank Ferrer - drums
Dizzy Reed - keyboards
Chris Pitman - keyboards

If that's the lineup... They will definitely be playing Chinese material

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #670 on: January 04, 2016, 01:09:29 AM »

IF this is true...

Matt has gotta be like wait ... Dave Kushner is in Guns N Roses but I'm not ??

#teamSorum

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #671 on: January 04, 2016, 01:13:30 AM »

Axl Rose - Vocals
Slash - Lead Guitar
Richard Fortus - guitar
Dave Kushner - guitar
Frank Ferrer - drums
Dizzy Reed - keyboards
Chris Pitman - keyboards

If that's the lineup... They will definitely be playing Chinese material

I think it would be stupid not to play CD material. It's a part of their history for better or worse. Remember what Axl said at RIR in 01. He never had any intention of denying fans songs they enjoy. This is the same thing. There are still millions of people out there who like the newer material. So why would they deny those fans of songs they enjoy. There has to be happy medium to satisfy fans of all the era's of GNR.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #672 on: January 04, 2016, 01:34:37 AM »

IF this is true...

#teamSorum

Exactly my thoughts, must be a funny feeling for him if this is the case. But I think the whole "reunion" term should be dropped by everyone anyway. Isn't a reunion a bunch of people getting back together with something original/historical or at least with something that has been? Not that I'm complaining here, just pointing out that to me the word "reunion" has a kind of a negative tone to it when it comes to bands. At least to me, this is another (big) step forward for Guns N' Roses Smiley
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 01:44:21 AM by kaasupoltin » Logged

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #673 on: January 04, 2016, 02:11:38 AM »

If there's a third guitarist, it'll be Bucket head
Are you trying to make me shit in my pants?

Exactly my thoughts, must be a funny feeling for him if this is the case. But I think the whole "reunion" term should be dropped by everyone anyway. Isn't a reunion a bunch of people getting back together with something original/historical or at least with something that has been? Not that I'm complaining here, just pointing out that to me the word "reunion" has a kind of a negative tone to it when it comes to bands. At least to me, this is another (big) step forward for Guns N' Roses Smiley
The term "step forward" doesn't fill stadiums. Reunion does.

Either way, the media will run with it regardless of what the band or hardcore fans wish to call it.

DexterWRose
Opening Act

« Reply #674 on: January 04, 2016, 02:16:29 AM »

IF this is true...

#teamSorum

Best thing I've read on this over the last few weeks.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #675 on: January 04, 2016, 02:27:38 AM »

Yep it is a partial reunion at best with Izzy sauntering in and out when he wishes.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #676 on: January 04, 2016, 02:39:56 AM »

Either way, the media will run with it regardless of what the band or hardcore fans wish to call it.

Of course they will, I'm not arguing that. Just pointing out that "a reunion" is not always seen as a positive thing. And there is already a lot of criticism on every comment section on every news site because "this is not a true reunion, we want Adler and Izzy, I'm not going to a show, fuck this and fuck that, who cares about GN'R if Steven is not in, AFD the only true lineup" and so on.

But of course, as you pointed out, there is nothing we can do about it. I'm just going to enjoy the ride!

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #677 on: January 04, 2016, 07:08:56 AM »

So when is the line up officially revealed for this??
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #678 on: January 04, 2016, 07:13:29 AM »

Yet another case of "can't please everybody". For years, we heard "it's not GN'R without Slash". Every single time the band toured since 1993.
Now, when it's rumored that he's back, what happens? Now it's still not GN'R enough for some.  rofl

It's predictable though. But funny.
Isn't something better than nothing? Besides, nothing's been officially confirmed yet anyway.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #679 on: January 04, 2016, 07:15:18 AM »

Yet another case of "can't please everybody". For years, we heard "it's not GN'R without Slash". Every single time the band toured since 1993.
Now, when it's rumored that he's back, what happens? Now it's still not GN'R enough for some.  rofl

It's predictable though. But funny.
Isn't something better than nothing? Besides, nothing's been officially confirmed yet anyway.....

/jarmo

You know the saying you can't please everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: