Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:09:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  New RHCP album "Stadium Arcadium" to be released May 9th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New RHCP album "Stadium Arcadium" to be released May 9th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 60111 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #380 on: June 06, 2006, 07:23:27 PM »

Since when does all music have to be fast?

it doesnt, but an almost entire album of slow stuff is kinda boring and lacks the energy of there older songs.

Did you hear "Torture Me"?  Wink

hence the use of the phrase almost lol!!!

when i listen to the album others milk, bah to me no comparrison, its so god damn funky it rocks, i love it.
----------
plus it has sweet child o mine intro on it!!!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 07:30:12 PM by mrlee » Logged

html sucks
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #381 on: June 06, 2006, 07:44:46 PM »

i wanna know what the song "especially in michigan" is all about? why michigan?

Singer Anthony Kiedis was born and lived in Michigan for part of his childhood.  (He alternated from Hollywood with his dad to Michigan with his mother) and he went there many times when he was having trouble with drugs, or for holidays, etc.

he lived there for most of his life till he was 11-12, when he moved to his dad in LA.
he still goes there regularly to visit his mom and other relatives ok

have you read scar tissue?  Grin

of course ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #382 on: June 06, 2006, 07:46:18 PM »

D, I'm encouraged and I probably will buy the album, sooner rather than later, but seriously...

There is no way that Dani California is a ten.

DC is one of my least favs on the album. so many other better songs on there IMO!

WeHeldTogether
« Reply #383 on: June 06, 2006, 07:49:30 PM »

Since when does all music have to be fast?

it doesnt, but an almost entire album of slow stuff is kinda boring and lacks the energy of there older songs.

Did you hear "Torture Me"?? Wink

hence the use of the phrase almost lol!!!

when i listen to the album others milk, bah to me no comparrison, its so god damn funky it rocks, i love it.
----------
plus it has sweet child o mine intro on it!!!

oops.? yeah, Mother's Milk is a great album.? I love the ferocity of the songs, they're also quick.? It's kinda weird to look and see how all of the Chili's albums are different.

Have you read scar tissue? Grin

of course ok

I read it too.? It's really great and insightful on Kiedis's life.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #384 on: June 07, 2006, 07:55:59 AM »

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice how Mars isn't nearly as uplifting, or nearly as optomistic in it's subject matter as Jupiter?

Mars is growing on me no doubts...it's just that going from the sheer happy and cheerful Jupiter to Mars can be a bit of a shock sometimes.... Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
cntymcshtballs
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #385 on: June 07, 2006, 12:45:31 PM »

me n' some buddies drank a case and got blazed and cruised around D.C. listening to some tracks of this album.  The only one that really stood out was Snow (Hey Oh) but that's a really great song.  It's funny cuz this was before the whole Chili Peppers copying Petty thing started and I don't remember which song we were listening to in my blazed/kind of drunk haze, but I remember just being like whoa these guys sound a lot like Tom Petty on this album and every1 agreeing with me.  Whatever some people need to chill out when people say that they sound the same.  They do, I'm not saying they were trying to rip them off, but there's no denying that the first verse was intentionally made to sound like Petty's song.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #386 on: June 09, 2006, 04:26:35 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=108cDDVQO3Q&search=Stadium%20Arcadium

Great live version of "Charlie"

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #387 on: June 09, 2006, 06:11:31 AM »

IMO SA is the best album of 2006 so far!!!

glad to see that RHCP are back on top form.

this album along with blood sugar sex magic and californication is

what we will remember RHCP for beer

charlie and she looks to me are absolutely brilliant drool

if CD is on the same level as SA i will be the happiest person in the world ok

homo homini lupus...
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #388 on: June 09, 2006, 06:29:18 AM »

On a side note, after hearing this album does anyone else wish john frusciante were  in GNR? ok

homo homini lupus...
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #389 on: June 09, 2006, 02:32:32 PM »

On a side note, after hearing this album does anyone else wish john frusciante were  in GNR? ok

haha, something tells me that is Axl's wet dream!
quite happy with him staying in RHCP thanks Grin
that's cos Im just as big a RHCP fan as I am a GNR fan.

cntymcshtballs
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #390 on: June 09, 2006, 05:05:48 PM »

it suck having frusciante in gnr. hes not that good
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #391 on: June 09, 2006, 05:16:24 PM »

it suck having frusciante in gnr. hes not that good

creatively, better than any of the current GNR guitarists. technically, more than good enough!

cntymcshtballs
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #392 on: June 09, 2006, 05:42:25 PM »

he is better creatively, i'll give u that.  I'm not sure about bumblefoot i've heard good things creatively about his solo work.  Technically I'm pretty sure axl wants someone who can rip it up pretty damn well and i've never really heard frusciante rip it up that well, but i could be wrong.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #393 on: June 09, 2006, 07:21:18 PM »

he is better creatively, i'll give u that.? I'm not sure about bumblefoot i've heard good things creatively about his solo work.? Technically I'm pretty sure axl wants someone who can rip it up pretty damn well and i've never really heard frusciante rip it up that well, but i could be wrong.

Dude when A GNR guitarist writes a riff anywhere close to "Under The Bridge" Which is one of the greatest riffs ever written, then u can talk that kind of shit.

U then tack on the absolute amazing other riffs and songs he has written, throw in his diversity.

Thats the key thing here, diversity.

Frusciante can not only play Rock Guitar, he can play funk and whatever other style u can dream of.

Bumblefoot,Robin and Fortus together cant match the brilliance of Frusicante, I hate to burst GNR fans bubble, but its simply the truth.

U wanna hear  a sample of John Ripping it up, just listen to Turn It Again's solo or the end of Wet Sand. ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #394 on: June 09, 2006, 08:47:18 PM »

he is better creatively, i'll give u that.  I'm not sure about bumblefoot i've heard good things creatively about his solo work.  Technically I'm pretty sure axl wants someone who can rip it up pretty damn well and i've never really heard frusciante rip it up that well, but i could be wrong.

Dude when A GNR guitarist writes a riff anywhere close to "Under The Bridge" Which is one of the greatest riffs ever written, then u can talk that kind of shit.

U then tack on the absolute amazing other riffs and songs he has written, throw in his diversity.

Frusciante can not only play Rock Guitar, he can play funk and whatever other style u can dream of.

Bumblefoot,Robin and Fortus together cant match the brilliance of Frusicante, I hate to burst GNR fans bubble, but its simply the truth.

U wanna hear  a sample of John Ripping it up, just listen to Turn It Again's solo or the end of Wet Sand. ok
Truth of the matter is JF is not that great of a guitarist live at all.  For me, his riffs are simple and to the point.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
cntymcshtballs
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #395 on: June 09, 2006, 10:08:45 PM »

he is better creatively, i'll give u that.? I'm not sure about bumblefoot i've heard good things creatively about his solo work.? Technically I'm pretty sure axl wants someone who can rip it up pretty damn well and i've never really heard frusciante rip it up that well, but i could be wrong.

U wanna hear? a sample of John Ripping it up, just listen to Turn It Again's solo or the end of Wet Sand. ok
How am I talking shit all I said is that I thought, judging by Bumble and Bucket and to some extent Robin and Richard, Axl wants someone who is technically more efficient than Frusciante.  I agreed with you that he was better creatively though.  Also judging by songs like Nightrain and November Rain Gn'r needs a dude who can lay down a really sick solo.  Frusciante does write better riffs than the guys in Gn'r, but none of his solos have really impressed me.  Maybe he would have been a good guy to replace Izzy or something, but i just dont think hed be a good guy to be a lead Guns n' Roses guitarist.  Belive me ur not bursting my bubble, ever since Buckethead left I haven't had too much faith in the guitar department of gnr.  U need to fucking not get so defensive about someone disagreeing with you then saying that they are talking shit. 
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #396 on: June 09, 2006, 10:21:16 PM »

Truth of the matter is JF is not that great of a guitarist live at all.  For me, his riffs are simple and to the point.

I think he's brilliant live, he usually lets it rip a lot more live, especially the last few years, than on the albums. like Flea says, John holds back a lot in the solos in the studio. it's just the way he likes to do things. he opened up to being more of a ripping lead guitarplayer on the last album however.
but live, damn, I think he's brilliant live!

cntymcshtballs
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #397 on: June 09, 2006, 11:22:16 PM »

U wanna hear? a sample of John Ripping it up, just listen to Turn It Again's solo or the end of Wet Sand. ok
Truth of the matter is JF is not that great of a guitarist live at all.? For me, his riffs are simple and to the point.

I think he's brilliant live, he usually lets it rip a lot more live, especially the last few years, than on the albums. like Flea says, John holds back a lot in the solos in the studio. it's just the way he likes to do things. he opened up to being more of a ripping lead guitarplayer on the last album however.
but live, damn, I think he's brilliant live!
Agreed
cntymcshtballs
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #398 on: June 10, 2006, 03:05:41 AM »

BTW asshole.  Buckethead is so much more versatile than John.
cntymcshtballs
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #399 on: June 10, 2006, 03:14:35 AM »

Um...am I supposed to be impressed? lol you dumbass.  Those solos suck dude, especially Wet Sand.  Wow call me spoiled, but I really don't see how you could want that shit in Gn'R.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: