Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:43:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread  (Read 262575 times)
gunner22
Rocker

Nicko McBrain > all

« Reply #1020 on: July 31, 2009, 08:37:30 PM »

^^ Yeah, true. He's an awesome drummer.

I SAW THEM - Belo Horizonte, Brazil - March 10th 2010
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1021 on: August 02, 2009, 11:24:41 PM »

From Sebastian...

@sirfoxey cant stand when people rip off skid row fans. especially skid row.

@phillipobrien nope.. i actually sold more tix to my solo tour in AU last year than VR did , in the same venues. not into their tunes really

@GisellyGunner skid row sucks

About 3 hours ago

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1022 on: August 10, 2009, 06:05:58 PM »

just saw / heard a guitar player on myspace who completely blew me away, in every way. i mite have found my guy. we'll see what happens #fb

about 5 hours ago from web

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1023 on: August 12, 2009, 10:02:01 PM »

Some recent tweets from Sebastian...

another demo in the bag!Marathon studio session today 10am-9pm. Song sounds great hella melodic & heavy.Got 11-15 songs for next rock cd #fb

this tune is turning out killer! Some of the trickiest harmonies since frameshift 2 , over grinding metal courtesy Charlie Bellmore

been in studio since 10am. laying down vox for an incredible rock song that is brutal. digital editing, then vox,then run,then collapse.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1024 on: August 13, 2009, 11:49:25 PM »

sebastianbach - IN CONCERT APPEARANCE ANNOUNCEMENT TOMORROW MORNING! Get ready to rock CANADA!! #fb
about 3 hours ago from txt

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1025 on: August 14, 2009, 10:55:22 AM »

Friday, August 14, 2009

Bach with Big & Rich LIVE Edmonton AB August 25 Telus Field!

Hey I am so very stoked to announce that I have been invited to perform with BIG & RICH in Edmonton Alberta Canada August 25 at Telus Field !! Got a call from my good buddy John Rich, who I have already done 5 shows with in Atlantic City
NJ, Jacksonville Florida, Nashville TN, & Las Vegas NV . This will be the first time I have jammed with Big & Rich Live, & we are proud to bring the Country Rock Explosion to my hometown country of CANADA!!! I know for a fact that Canada
Kicks Ass, as evidenced by the 2006 Guns N' Roses Canada Tour, which we opened...Edmonton was one of the best gigs on the tour !! Can't wait to see you all again in Edmonton August 25 at Telus Field!! Personal message to all the Rockers
of Edmonton: if you are surprised I am playing this show, here's a fact for you to chew on: it has been my personal experience from touring with Pantera, Motley Crue, Aerosmith, etc, that the 'Country' musicians & fans that I know, know how to throw down, drink, fight, f**k, & ROCK just as hard as we have all been doing for the last 20 years! We are talking about doing more of these shows in the future, so come on out & rock with us !!! I guarantee if you come to this show you will have a great
time, get extremely drunk if you want, see some hot chicks for sure in cowboy boots & tight jeans, hear me scream my guts out on the big stage, hear some songs you know, & some new ones that you never knew rocked so hard!!! So hey
Edmonton, I Remember You, & it is time to get Rollin', so we can Save A Horse ! Or Ride A Cowboy ! You know what I'm sayin'!!!

GET TICKETS RIGHT HERE: http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/110042EDC04BA2C6?artistid=928303&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=2
Sebastian Bach on iLike - Add iLike to your MySpace

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1026 on: August 19, 2009, 07:55:15 PM »

@sebastianbach Are you still looking for a guitar player.

@NormaLeigh yes. have not started looking at players yet. incredibly depressing. i saw a guy i think is amazing, dunno wot he thinks of me

about 2 hours ago

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1027 on: August 20, 2009, 03:06:11 PM »

Skid Row reunion???

sebastianbachjust got off fone w @johnrich ! original Skid Row fans will be VERY HAPPY in Edmonton on Aug 25 @ Telus Field! DONT MISS IT!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1028 on: August 21, 2009, 06:43:26 AM »

Skid Row reunion???

sebastianbachjust got off fone w @johnrich ! original Skid Row fans will be VERY HAPPY in Edmonton on Aug 25 @ Telus Field! DONT MISS IT!!
would john rich from big & rich have anything to do with an original skid row reunion?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1029 on: August 21, 2009, 10:46:50 AM »

no idea, but why would he say "original Skid Row" fans will be happy?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1030 on: August 21, 2009, 11:06:12 AM »

I dunno, maybe he's getting the FIRST guitarist in skid row as his new geetah playah  Tongue

nah really don't know, the 2 things he said there really don't add up to anything, he should've twittered two times
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1031 on: August 21, 2009, 02:44:03 PM »

vince neil is one of the meanest persons have ever met .about 2 hours ago from web in reply to phillipobrien

Friday, August 21, 2009

Edited to remove the "Alert"
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 06:12:21 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1032 on: August 21, 2009, 03:19:12 PM »

actually. The fans organise how bands profiles are made on Last.FM. They often vote for what photo represents the band.

html sucks
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1033 on: August 21, 2009, 05:43:20 PM »

actually. The fans organise how bands profiles are made on Last.FM. They often vote for what photo represents the band.

Yeah, it looks like people can upload the photos.  And the photo that is up now isn't even of Sebastian.  no

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1034 on: August 21, 2009, 05:50:22 PM »

He has deleted the "Fraud Alert".

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1035 on: August 21, 2009, 06:41:27 PM »

He has deleted the "Fraud Alert".
i dropped him a comment saying the same that i said in here. hopefully he took notice

html sucks
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1036 on: August 22, 2009, 12:05:29 AM »

sebastianbach - got asked to do 'That Metal Show' on VH1Classic again.Said yes, IF I could play clips from Roadrage or debut BWTB http://yttwt.com/57hoh #fb
about 6 hours ago from web

Edit - I don't think "Battle With The Bottle" would go over too well with the "That Metal Show" crowd.  Just saying, Baz.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1037 on: August 26, 2009, 07:45:32 PM »

Sebastian Bach Hates Nostalgia, Loves Country

Posted 1 day ago

Sebastian Bach is bringing his outlaw attitude to a place where it belongs -- country music. The perennial youth gone wild is feeling more kinship with that genre these days than the reunion acts from back when his metal band, Skid Row, sold millions of albums 20 years ago.

"For some reason, Skid Row fans or my fans are so hung up on these three or four tunes that I did a billion years ago," says Bach, on the phone from the airport, while on his way to a gig tonight (Aug. 25) in front of 20,000 people at Telus Field in Edmonton, Alberta -- where he will join country music duo Big and Rich onstage.

"I don't get it. I completely don't understand it because when I made it in rock, I said, 'This is f---ing great. Now I can make music the rest of my life.' Some people just wanna make the same record over and over again for the rest of their life, and that's just not me. That's totally not me."

Rest assured, Bach is still working on a hard rock album with his solo project, Angel Down, collaborating with Hatebreed frontman Jamey Jasta and guitarist John 5 from Rob Zombie's band. But he's working on a country album, too. He has at least 10 songs in the can, although he's in no hurray to release it.

"It takes a long time for me to feel like I can put my name on a record," Bach says. "I hate to use that word 'country' because people have a weird idea. To me, my idea of country is Neil Young 'Old Man,' or Allman Brothers, or Willie Nelson 'Whiskey River' and stuff like that. I like outlaw country. I like the bad ass Waylon Jennings coke country [laughs], Leon Russell with long hair, f---ing partying [laughs]."

The country kick started when Bach -- who sang the lead in 2000's Broadway production of 'Jekyll & Hyde,' and appeared as Jesus of Nazareth in the stage production of 'Jesus Christ Superstar' from 2002 to 2003 -- met another challenge head on, when he was invited last year to live in a house with a motley crew of contestants on the CMT reality show 'Gone Country 2.'

Joining other country music hopefuls such as Jermaine Jackson (his roommate), *NSYNC's Chris Kirkpatrick, actor Lorenzo Lamas and actress Sean Young, Bach was put through 'country lifestyle' challenges, but also had the opportunity to write songs.

"I won, dude," Bach laughs, both proud and amused. "That's the point of the whole thing, I'm saying. I was the winner and I've done a lot of these reality shows, and this was by far my favorite reality show I ever did because the prize that I won. I got a $75,000 video."

Bach penned two songs on the show, 'Jumping Off the Wagon' and 'Battle With the Bottle,' with solo artist Jeffrey Steele (who has written hits for Miley Cyrus and Rascal Flatts) and Vicky McGehee (Toby Keith, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill). "There are couple of other songs, but those are the two good ones," says Bach. "I tried to cover all the bases in country music -- one song's about drinking, one song's about not drinking [laughs]."

For the video, he chose 'Battle With the Bottle' and hired his favorite director, Wayne Isham, who did Skid Row's '18 and Life' and 'Youth Gone Wild.' He's also worked with everyone from M?tley Cr?e, Megadeth and Def Leppard to Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne and Kelly Clarkson.

"So that ended up really good," says Bach. "It was a wonderful kind of scam that I played on the whole reality show genre, to come out the other end with a brand new video. I can't think of any other reality show where that happened."

Bach, who dons a cowboy hat in the video, and looks like he hasn't aged a bit, recorded those two songs with John Rich, who's since invited him to jam at five gigs: two in Las Vegas, two in Atlantic City, and one in Jacksonville, Fla. Tonight's show in Edmonton is Bach's first with Big and Rich -- and first to an entire stadium-sized crowd of country fans at a baseball field.

"John Rich asked me to come on a whole Canadian tour in January, tentatively," says Bach. "If it goes well in Edmonton, he said, 'Dude, let's take this thing across Canada -- 20 gigs, Big and Rich. You're on the bill every night, every city.' I'm like, 'You tell me when. Give me the plane ticket, and I'm there!' because I just love playing. I love playing music.

"It's just something that I never saw coming, but the one thing about country fans is they buy CDS and they go to concerts -- and that works out for me as a musician," he says with understated humor. "I enjoy that feature about country."

http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/08/25/sebastian-bach-hates-nostalgia-loves-country/

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1038 on: August 26, 2009, 08:14:01 PM »

Who's he playing with?  I thought his band abandoned him.

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1039 on: August 26, 2009, 11:10:44 PM »

Who's he playing with?  I thought his band abandoned him.

Not sure who fill in on banjo, but we have Richard Petty on the washboard

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 75 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: