Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 06:29:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227877 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Bill 'O'Really on Jon Stewart's Daily Show
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill 'O'Really on Jon Stewart's Daily Show  (Read 31006 times)
RichardNixon
« on: October 19, 2005, 01:07:17 AM »

That was awesome. They ate that asshole alive.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 01:10:35 AM »

Oh....man I must check my tivo.

Donahue just recently tore O'reilly a new one too. OR was fuming by the end of it.

Edit: Just watched it.

Best quote:

"I do add insult to injury" says Stewart.

"An honest man" says OR

"But you add injury."   hihi

The guy is too funny.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 02:22:39 AM by (+ 1 Hidden) » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 09:50:39 AM »

i wish i would have seen it. that's battle of the titans right there.

donahue tore o'reilly a new one??? come on, they couldn't even have an intelligent discussion cause donahue was trying to say bush is behind the 9/11 attacks! and you're trying to say HE won that debate. unbelievable.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Surfrider
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 10:00:07 AM »

I wish I saw the debate.  Sorry guys, but I don't consider you two the most neutral of sources to determine who one the debate.  SLC, you think OReilly is evil, and you worship the ground Stewart walks on.  Hardly a neutral party.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 10:21:55 AM »

yeah
i saw that one, so glad i am in the us now, cause we dont get comedy central in france Sad

the Colbert Report kicks ass too Smiley

sandman
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 10:52:41 AM »

for anyone who saw it, did it seem like there was a mutual respect between the two of them?

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 11:30:47 AM »

for anyone who saw it, did it seem like there was a mutual respect between the two of them?

they did crack some jokes on each other
but i felt it was pretty much set up and .... the tension was more like fun and playful than really hatred ... i mean they ARE adults so ....

and i felt that (from the people that watched it with me, mostly girls - im staying with my g/f and her 3 room mates... - , some rep. some dem.) people in the US give to much credit and attention to TV / Media people.
its like the  media is more important than the actual subject.

bill o reilly did trash the FRENCH a little ... but again, as it's in the context of the daily show i didnt care and took it as a joke.

ps: and the commercials !!! god, ive been here for 2 weeks im already sick of them Smiley

SLCPUNK
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 12:13:19 PM »

i wish i would have seen it. that's battle of the titans right there.

donahue tore o'reilly a new one??? come on, they couldn't even have an intelligent discussion cause donahue was trying to say bush is behind the 9/11 attacks! and you're trying to say HE won that debate. unbelievable.

That is not true, Donahue never said this. Quite watching Hannity or whatever it is that are giving you these ideas.  He did let OR have it though.

I wish I saw the debate. Sorry guys, but I don't consider you two the most neutral of sources to determine who one the debate. SLC, you think OReilly is evil, and you worship the ground Stewart walks on. Hardly a neutral party.

OR is an angry windbag and that is all he does. Stewart on the other hand is intelligent, funny, and attacks with both of those, while never using anger. It was my opinion anyway. I doubt anybody could be a match for Stewart, he's about as sharp as they come.

Kind of. I think they tried to keep it mellow. Stewart (unlike OR and others) will not trash talk guests when they come on. Not his style, which is another reason I like him so much. He's had guys on there that he totally disagrees with and while he may jab them (with humor) he won't trash talk them. Going on crossfire was something else entirely, although he still used humor, since it was not his show. I'd note that he whipped on both of those guys too (left and right) on that show,not just the right.

bill o reilly did trash the FRENCH a little ... but again, as it's in the context of the daily show i didnt care and took it as a joke.

He trashed the French from the moment he walked out. What I like was when Stewart leaned in and said "You know we didn't find any WMD" and then OR said "The French aren't our friends!" LOL, reminds me of how a few guys around here answer that claim (ie, change suject fast.)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 12:34:39 PM by (+ 1 Hidden) » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005, 12:26:01 PM »

Stewart definitely "won" the exchange...but, then again...it was Stewarts show, after all.

Some of the banter did seem a bit staged (OK, more than a bit...at least "topic-ed", if you know what I mean).

It was funny as hell, though.

Edit: Looking for the video to try to post a link....I know it's out there...I came across this on google and thought it was funny:
http://www.boingboing.net/2004/09/27/daily_show_viewers_s.html
http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles/2004/09/27/so_who_are_the_stoned_slackers_watching_jon_stewart/

Edit 2: Can't find the video, itself, but isohunt.com has the whole show out there.? Just do a search for "The Daily Show" and you'll get tons of torrents.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 12:33:07 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sandman
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2005, 03:19:21 PM »

someone please point out an example of bill o'reilly "trash talk" a guest. i never see it, although i do not watch regularly. and he always gives his guests the last word.

in fact, when he had rosie o'donnell on there, he pracatically kissed her ass.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2005, 03:32:44 PM »

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_daily_show/videos/most_recent/index.jhtml

It's on the Comedy Central website now.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2005, 04:01:08 PM »

someone please point out an example of bill o'reilly "trash talk" a guest. i never see it, although i do not watch regularly. and he always gives his guests the last word.

in fact, when he had rosie o'donnell on there, he pracatically kissed her ass.

Are you serious?

You can't be serious.

If he disagrees with people he tells them to shut up, cuts their mic, yells, screams.....he's an ass. Trash talk.

In fact his comments mirror you guys 100 percent.

http://cdn.moveon.org/data/ShutUp_Final_BbandLo.mov
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 04:10:56 PM by (+ 1 Hidden) » Logged
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2005, 04:33:02 PM »

I used to be a big fan of O'Reilly but now I find him too preachy.? I don't need him or anyone else getting on TV telling me what I should do with my life.? That being said, he brings a point of view to the table that is virtually unseen on television.? I'd rather have O'Reilly telling someone to shut up then completely silencing the opposition by not giving them any air time at all.?

SLC, you're right.? In many way some of the conservatives are like O'Reilly.? We let the left speak their mind, but when they pull wacko theories out their ass, exagerate the truth and plain out provide false information we call them on it.? You and some of your counter parts on the other hand exemplify the liberal media.? You make up stories (Read Dan Rather) and take every chance you have to silence the opposition by having their voices not heard at all (Read advocating banning someone because you disagree with them and distort or misquote them to make them look racist.)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 04:40:34 PM by Guns N' Rock Music » Logged
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2005, 04:37:28 PM »

Stewart kicks motherfuckin ass. I love his show.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2005, 04:49:01 PM »

Stewart kicks motherfuckin ass. I love his show.

Be quite Frenchy!

You are an enemy to the USA!

« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 04:52:33 PM by (+ 1 Hidden) » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2005, 04:57:17 PM »

SLC, you're right.  In many way some of the conservatives are like O'Reilly.  We let the left speak their mind, but when they pull wacko theories out their ass...

Yea wacko theories like:

"No WMD"

and

"How many more kids are we going to let die in Iraq"

Totally radical!  Roll Eyes

Here is another wacko "theory" for you: The investigation for the CIA leak case is getting ready to hit the fan. They are looking at Chenney's office and so far two insiders are considered to be working with the investigation as we speak. Rove's lawyers are no longer saying he won't be charged at this point.

Outing a CIA official is treason.

How is that for wacky?

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2005, 05:24:12 PM »

Back to the matter at hand... thank you.

I think it was nice to see him on the Daily Show. Though I do think they could've actually talked longer. Every time they were heading toward an argument. O'Reilly started to raise his voice a bit, and it was cut short. Or at least that's what it seemed to me. He did come out as a very strange man with very strange views though.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2005, 05:44:51 PM »

Oh....man I must check my tivo.

Donahue just recently tore O'reilly a new one too. OR was fuming by the end of it.

Edit: Just watched it.

Best quote:

"I do add insult to injury" says Stewart.

"An honest man" says OR

"But you add injury."? ?hihi

The guy is too funny.

U guys are so biased

O Reilly crushed Donahue

I havent seen the Stewart episode but U all are really bias if u think Donahue did in O Reilly.

O Reilly made Donahue look like a clown.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2005, 05:47:35 PM »

Stewart is funny as hell, even if you don't agree with him.

But Stewart is a comedian, O'Reilly is a journalist. Difference.

Donahue was practicly foaming at the mouth, he made no sense. He just went on the attack without backing himself up, he looked silly. O'Reilly got heated too, but at least there was some logic involved with his reasoning.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2005, 06:02:22 PM »

Stewart is funny as hell, even if you don't agree with him.

But Stewart is a comedian, O'Reilly is a journalist. Difference.

Donahue was practicly foaming at the mouth, he made no sense. He just went on the attack without backing himself up, he looked silly. O'Reilly got heated too, but at least there was some logic involved with his reasoning.

Nobody was trying to paint Stewart as journalist. But rather saying that OR was no match for his quick wit. Also, I would not consider OR a journalist. Tabloid at best. OR talks about the news...he gives opinions and then brings other people on to talk about it. He does not report the news.

And give me an idea of how Donahue was "foaming at the mouth". Not once did he raise his voice, while OR was yelling and threatened to boot him off the show. Donahue made the same points he always has: People on both sides were to blame for the war, that is was a screwup, that Sheehan had the right to protest etc etc. Hardly foaming at the mouth.

OR on the other hand, insuiated that Donahue was attacking his nephew (which he was not) yelled at Donahue, and called names. Much like Charity Case or Pops. Nothing really new for him.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: