Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:37:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Bill 'O'Really on Jon Stewart's Daily Show
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill 'O'Really on Jon Stewart's Daily Show  (Read 31128 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2005, 11:19:46 PM »

O?Reilly is like a modern day Joe McCarthy, but without political power. He just pulls baseless statements out of his ass that are, often untrue. It?s really really sad that a scumbag like that can reach millions of people everyday that eat up everything he says

You had better believe it.

Here is a great clip of OR in action. There he is commenting on the "shut up" clip that Sandman said was propaganda. They, then turn around and use the entire clip to show the OR is lying about his original lie. It doesn't get any better than that.

The people shown talking about inside memos from Fox are producer, reporters and journalists who left fox and agreed to be interviewed by outfoxed for their fantastic movie.

http://www.outfoxed.org/clips_oreilly_lies_qt.php
RichardNixon
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2005, 11:21:13 PM »

"OutFoxed" is great.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2005, 11:26:48 PM »

"OutFoxed" is great.

The inside memo for the day was amazing to me. That it could be such blatant propaganda...

Watch that clip...it's really good.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2005, 07:46:34 AM »

The exchange between O?Reilly and Stewart was friendly, but their was some underling tension. Stewart didn?t even have to say anything really, because O?Reilly made such an ass of himself on his own. Saying things like ?you have some Frenchie on after me? referring to Colbert. And saying Stewert ?buys into leftist propaganda,? to which Stewart just chuckled. The audience was polite, but did applaud when O?Reilly said he may go into retirement, to which Stewart told his audience to stop. ?

O?Reilly also said he is still boycotting the French, because they didn?t support us in the invasion of Iraq and, after all, we saved them in WWII. Someone should tell O?Reilly (1) China, Russia and Germany also opposed the war and (2) no WMD were ever found.

O?Reilly is like a modern day Joe McCarthy, but without political power. He just pulls baseless statements out of his ass that are, often untrue. It?s really really sad that a scumbag like that can reach millions of people everyday that eat up everything he says

Comparing O'Reilly to Mc Carthy is laughable, no connection. Did McCarthy offer both sides of the story?

You should watch Fox news sometime & see for yourself.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2005, 07:57:36 AM »

Um, you can actually see an example of it when you look at the links I provided as amusement.

When Stewart showed up on O'Reilly Factor, he called Daily Show watchers something like "a bunch of stoned slackers".? Sounds like trash talk to me....

yes, but i asked for an example of when he trash talked a guest. your example is from him appearing on someone else's show.

so if anyone has a TRUE example, please let me know. i'm not even looking for a link, i'll take anybody's word if they remember a specific example. i'm sure his critics on the left can point out many.

Read what I wrote.? Read it again.? One more time.

Maybe THIS part:
"When Stewart showed up on O'Reilly Factor, he [edit: Meaning OR] called Daily Show watchers something like "a bunch of stoned slackers".? Sounds like trash talk to me...."

That was back in late Sept '04 on the O'Reilly factor.?Stewart was a guest.  One of the links I provided previously specifically references the appearance.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 08:19:00 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2005, 07:59:17 AM »

didn't Donahuehave a talk show like Opra?

He is the grand daddy of talk shows.

Well.....that would really be Merv Griffin.  Grin

LOL.

Together again,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2005, 08:19:18 AM »

That was funny.

France is the enemy! Forget the terrorism and natural disasters in the world, go after France!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2005, 12:48:51 PM »

Bill got smoked!  It was great, especially the "I don't know if you've heard this but they didn't find WMD?" 
sandman
Legend

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2005, 01:05:03 PM »

Um, you can actually see an example of it when you look at the links I provided as amusement.

When Stewart showed up on O'Reilly Factor, he called Daily Show watchers something like "a bunch of stoned slackers".? Sounds like trash talk to me....

yes, but i asked for an example of when he trash talked a guest. your example is from him appearing on someone else's show.

so if anyone has a TRUE example, please let me know. i'm not even looking for a link, i'll take anybody's word if they remember a specific example. i'm sure his critics on the left can point out many.

Maybe THIS part:
"When Stewart showed up on O'Reilly Factor, he [edit: Meaning OR] called Daily Show watchers something like "a bunch of stoned slackers".? Sounds like trash talk to me...."

That was back in late Sept '04 on the O'Reilly factor.?Stewart was a guest.? One of the links I provided previously specifically references the appearance.

1. it's not actually trashing his guest (rather his fans).
2. it's a tongue in cheek comment (and you know that).

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2005, 01:16:47 PM »

Maybe THIS part:

That was back in late Sept '04 on the O'Reilly factor.?Stewart was a guest.? One of the links I provided previously specifically references the appearance.

How is saying your guest only appeals to a bunch of stoned slackers not trashing him?

Roll Eyes

The classic "It was only a joke"  defense. 

You asked for an example of trash talking, you got it.  If you'd like to bury your head in the sand and ignore it...hey, more power to you.

But you got what you asked for....

Together again,
SLCPUNK
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2005, 01:49:21 PM »

Comparing O'Reilly to Mc Carthy is laughable, no connection. Did McCarthy offer both sides of the story?

hahaha, did O'reilly? hihi

Nope!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2005, 02:07:02 PM »

Maybe THIS part:

How is saying your guest only appeals to a bunch of stoned slackers not trashing him?

Roll Eyes

The classic "It was only a joke"? defense.?

You asked for an example of trash talking, you got it.? If you'd like to bury your head in the sand and ignore it...hey, more power to you.

But you got what you asked for....

fair enough.

its just i've heard him say that so many times, i don't take it as seriously as JS's fans do. i think its an assumption that if you have a couple million viewers every night, you have all types of fans. even o'reilly appeals to plenty of stoners, and he knows that.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2005, 02:13:39 PM »

fair enough.

its just i've heard him say that so many times, i don't take it as seriously as JS's fans do. i think its an assumption that if you have a couple million viewers every night, you have all types of fans. even o'reilly appeals to plenty of stoners, and he knows that.

I'm not really a JS fan either...not that I'm NOT a fan, but..well...the Daily Show is well past my bedtime. Smiley  I'm out the door by 6 AM, and have 2 very young kids.  Sleep is sorta precious.

Just because I actually finally found it, and it adds context to it, here's an exact quote (from O'Reilly to Stewart):

"You know what?s really frightening?? O?Reilly said. ?You actually have an influence on this presidential election. That is scary, but it?s true. You?ve got stoned slackers watching your dopey show every night and they can vote.?

He continued, through out the show, to call Stewarts audience a bunch of stoned slackers.

Together again,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2005, 02:29:55 PM »

fair enough.

I'm not really a JS fan either...not that I'm NOT a fan, but..well...the Daily Show is well past my bedtime. Smiley? I'm out the door by 6 AM, and have 2 very young kids.? Sleep is sorta precious.

Just because I actually finally found it, and it adds context to it, here's an exact quote (from O'Reilly to Stewart):

"You know what?s really frightening?? O?Reilly said. ?You actually have an influence on this presidential election. That is scary, but it?s true. You?ve got stoned slackers watching your dopey show every night and they can vote.?

He continued, through out the show, to call Stewarts audience a bunch of stoned slackers.

thanks for the quote. funny stuff actually.  hihi

Surfrider
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2005, 03:48:28 PM »

Much of Stewart's show is satire and jokes.  Similar to the Tonight Show where they take things out of context and put words in peoples mouths for humor.  Yet, some people take these shows as the absolute truth.  Stewart is a comedian; he is not trying to give his analysis on news events.  Yet, as we find constantly with the people citing Moore's F-911 as a source, people believe these things and form their opinions based on them.

While many recognize the intellect in Steward and realize what he does, many don't.  You definately get more "dopey" people watching the comedy channel than you do cnn or fox news.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2005, 04:23:39 PM »

To hell with O'Rielly, I would much rather be a "stoned slacker" and watch the Daily Show than to be some dumbass redneck that thinks ol' Bill can walk on water.  Being stoned goes away, being a dumbass lasts a lifetime!
Surfrider
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2005, 05:00:01 PM »

O'Reilly has much broader appeal than stupid rednecks, just as Stewart has broader appeal than rednecks. Don't fool yourself.

I actually think O'Reilly is often right on in his analysis of certain issues.  I must say though, I had to travel to work today and listened to his radio show and it was appalling.  Whenever he tries to discuss the Supreme Court or the Constitution he falls on his face.  He didn't have a clue what he was talking about, and whenever someone called him out on it he changed the issue or cut them off.  I would have loved to get into a dialogue with him about it.
RichardNixon
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2005, 11:30:53 PM »

The exchange between O?Reilly and Stewart was friendly, but their was some underling tension. Stewart didn?t even have to say anything really, because O?Reilly made such an ass of himself on his own. Saying things like ?you have some Frenchie on after me? referring to Colbert. And saying Stewert ?buys into leftist propaganda,? to which Stewart just chuckled. The audience was polite, but did applaud when O?Reilly said he may go into retirement, to which Stewart told his audience to stop. ?

O?Reilly also said he is still boycotting the French, because they didn?t support us in the invasion of Iraq and, after all, we saved them in WWII. Someone should tell O?Reilly (1) China, Russia and Germany also opposed the war and (2) no WMD were ever found.

You should watch Fox news sometime & see for yourself.

If Joesph Georbles were alive today, and living in the US, he'd be running FOX "News."

Do yourself a favor and rent "Outfoxed."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2005, 11:45:22 PM »

I must say though, I had to travel to work today and listened to his radio show and it was appalling.  Whenever he tries to discuss the Supreme Court or the Constitution he falls on his face.  He didn't have a clue what he was talking about, and whenever someone called him out on it he changed the issue or cut them off.  I would have loved to get into a dialogue with him about it.

He often does not know what he is talking about.

When he made that comment about Stewarts base being a bunch of "stoners, slackers" (whatever) A study was done to see how that worked out (I'm not making this up). The people who watched Stewart were more likely to be college educated and know more about international affairs then those who watched OR. When presented to OR (here's the great part) he said "Oh what? You can't take a little joke about what I said?"

LOL, sound familiar?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2005, 07:51:10 AM »

Much of Stewart's show is satire and jokes.? Similar to the Tonight Show where they take things out of context and put words in peoples mouths for humor.? Yet, some people take these shows as the absolute truth.? Stewart is a comedian; he is not trying to give his analysis on news events.? Yet, as we find constantly with the people citing Moore's F-911 as a source, people believe these things and form their opinions based on them.

While many recognize the intellect in Steward and realize what he does, many don't.? You definately get more "dopey" people watching the comedy channel than you do cnn or fox news.

Funny thing is...Stewart made the exact same point when he went on O'Reilly.  He's not trying to do political commentary.  He's trying to do political COMEDY.

As for more "dopey" people watching the comedy channel than cnn....take a look at the links I provided above.  It's actually not true.  According to the data, Stewarts audience is actually less "dopey" than O'Reilly's.  I found those numbers pretty funny....

Together again,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: