Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:24:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Bill 'O'Really on Jon Stewart's Daily Show
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill 'O'Really on Jon Stewart's Daily Show  (Read 31127 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2005, 02:31:53 PM »

Comparing O'Reilly to Mc Carthy is laughable, no connection. Did McCarthy offer both sides of the story?

hahaha, did O'reilly? hihi

Nope!

Have you ever watched his show?

With any given topic typically he has 2 guests, each with an opposing viewpoint on the topic.

Which offers both sides of the story and  the audience can decide for themselves.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2005, 11:15:35 PM »

Comparing O'Reilly to Mc Carthy is laughable, no connection. Did McCarthy offer both sides of the story?

Nope!

With any given topic typically he has 2 guests, each with an opposing viewpoint on the topic.

Which offers both sides of the story and  the audience can decide for themselves.

Of course I have. That is why anybody who claims he is "fair and balanced" is as big a farce as O'reilly himself.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2005, 08:25:08 AM »

Nope!

Which offers both sides of the story and? the audience can decide for themselves.

Of course I have. That is why anybody who claims he is "fair and balanced" is as big a farce as O'reilly himself.

Nice...You resort to name calling when confronted with a solid arguement since you can't back yourself up.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2005, 08:55:11 AM »

oh come on kids !

don't you understand that fighting is useless ?
cause in the end the hottest and happiestwins.

so i win.

Smiley

ps: bill o reilly is indeed a clown.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 09:45:56 AM by WAT-EVER, i'm totally buggin » Logged

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2005, 09:02:25 AM »

Fighting is useless, I agree. We should pass out some Prozac around here.  hihi

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2005, 02:53:48 AM »

Nope!

Nice...You resort to name calling when confronted with a solid arguement since you can't back yourself up.

Solid?

What?

You believing the crap you watch on that Fox and reporting back to me?

That's "solid"?

Sure......

Read more.............please.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2005, 02:55:56 AM »

cause in the end the hottest and happiestwins.

so i win.

http://soundamerica.com/sounds/comedy/Monty_Python/A-L/french.wav
sandman
Legend

« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2005, 10:18:15 AM »

the thing that's great about bill is that the people that supposedly hate him, talk about him more than his fans.

it's hilarious....everyone in this thread that hates him, still watches him enough to know how he acts on TV all the time.

i kinda feel like "pig vomit" from the stern movie...."if you hate him, why do you watch?"

he must be doing something right.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2005, 10:49:35 AM »

the thing that's great about bill is that the people that supposedly hate him, talk about him more than his fans.

it's hilarious....everyone in this thread that hates him, still watches him enough to know how he acts on TV all the time.

i kinda feel like "pig vomit" from the stern movie...."if you hate him, why do you watch?"

why do people wathc wrestling ? oily musuclar men in the underwear rubbing and touching each other....

ps (+ 1 Hidden) : you're french !

sandman
Legend

« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2005, 11:44:44 AM »

why do people wathc wrestling ? oily musuclar men in the underwear rubbing and touching each other....

ps (+ 1 Hidden) : you're french !

i don't watch wrestling, but maybe it has something to do with this....

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/divas/

sort of something for everyone, i guess.

RichardNixon
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2005, 04:30:43 PM »

I don't watch his show. I see him from time to time on--like in "Outfoxed" or Jon Stewart. But I would NEVER sit down and watch his show. I rather put my nads on a 2x4 and have someone smash them with a hammer.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2005, 04:51:02 PM »

About this episode of the Daily Show. I watched the torrented version of it. I was actually disappointed. The bit with O'Reilly lasted for like what, 5 minutes, if even. It was like when you go see a movie everyone tells you it's great and after you're like: "yeah it was ok". Don't get me wrong, the bit was funny, but O'Reilly did his typical narrow minded bullshit, Stewart was hilarious as usual but he seemed to be a bit uneasy to attack him too much. Colbert was hilarious at the end with his Poppa Bear shit...lol I thought the beginning of the show was excellent with the US/ China discussions.

O'Reilly is such a clown. I was just rolling my eyes all over the place with his anti-French non sense. Yeah right they're our enemies. Give me a fuckin break asshole. "Are you people from Marseille?" How lame is this guy? He should retire already.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2005, 05:22:28 PM »

I don't watch his show. I see him from time to time on--like in "Outfoxed" or Jon Stewart. But I would NEVER sit down and watch his show. I rather put my nads on a 2x4 and have someone smash them with a hammer.

You'll watch Outfoxed but not O'Reilly's show? Thats like getting the news from the Enquirer and refusing to read the newspaper.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2005, 05:35:48 PM »

I watched his show many times, because I don't like to criticize what I don't know. To me it was just crap coming out of the TV. I don't even understand how can some people can consider this shit "news". Give me a break. The guy says on national TV that he and his show are boycotting a country (i.e France) because they disagree with the US on the War On Terror (hello, you don't boycott Saudi Arabia? oh yeah, that's right 15 out of the 19 guys who crushed into the Twin Towers were French clowns with berets and baguettes), and people believe that shit. To each his own. If that helps them feel good about their country and/ or their government and what they believe in, good for them.

Surfrider
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2005, 08:21:04 PM »

O'Reilly is such a clown. I was just rolling my eyes all over the place with his anti-French non sense. Yeah right they're our enemies. Give me a fuckin break asshole. "Are you people from Marseille?" How lame is this guy? He should retire already.
Now you know how it feels when people compare Bush to Hitler, say the US went to war for oil etc etc etc.

It is not fun seeing your country misportrayed.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2005, 09:38:16 PM »

Nice Berkeley!

I like how people talk shit about O Reilly but take everything Jon Stewart or Bill Maher says to heart.

Isnt that kinda doing the same thing as people who take O Reilly to heart?

I like Bill O Reilly because he uses his forum to get things done at least.

What positive impact has Bill Maher or Jon Stewart ever had?

What people dont realize is, Bill Maher and Jon Stewart are comedians, they talk shit about Bush cause he is the president but these guys are similiar to Jay Leno,David Letterman and people like that.

It doesnt matter WHO the president is, these guys will rip apart the president because they are Comedians and thats what they do.

Jay Leno use to destroy Clinton everynight, now he does it to Bush.

when a new president is elected u will see the same thing from Maher,Stewart,Leno etc cause that gets ratings.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 09:39:58 PM by D? » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2005, 08:30:57 AM »

You'll watch Outfoxed but not O'Reilly's show? Thats like getting the news from the Enquirer and refusing to read the newspaper.

Equating O'Reilly to "the newspaper" has to be the single funniest post in this thread.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2005, 09:20:26 AM »

Now you know how it feels when people compare Bush to Hitler, say the US went to war for oil etc etc etc.

I think it's stupid to compare Bush to Hitler and the other one is a theory among many about the war.

But the thing is, at least here in Sweden, we don't have a guy on tv telling everybody to boycott and hate USA week after week because of the war.

I've never seen the shows but all this anti-France bullshit is lame. I remember the Freedom Fries. It's like they chose one country to hate but they can't seem to understand that a lot of other countries share the views of the French on the war.

I don't like your president, but that doesn't mean I hate everything about your country. This guy doesn't like the French foreign policy and also seems to take it out on all of France.

What's next? He starts going on about how USA needs to return the Statue Of Liberty? Because after all, you don't need anything from France....  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2005, 10:07:39 AM »

I knew the feeling already, and I get slapped in the face twice because I feel as French as American, and some stupid people in France hate America and some stupid people in the US hate France. It's just the "cool" thing to do now. I still think it's unbelievable that an "important" TV anchor would tell his viewers to boycott a country on national TV. I find it funny that no one ever replies about Saudi Arabia.

Did French people tore down the Twin Towers? Do French people cut Americans heads off for television? Do French people blow themselves up because they hate everything America stands for? Do French people launch fatwas against America all over the world? Nope, nope and fuckin nope. So leave us the fuck alone already. Get off our fuckin back.

If you believe what O'Reilly and the other clowns are saying I'm sorry for you, maybe it makes these people feel better to find a scapegoat. "We can't find Osama. Whatever, the French suck! Let's boycott their wine and not come back to Paris on vacation, ever. Hey, how about Riyah (Saudi Arabia)? That sounds like a cool place, at least THEY don't hate us!"

sandman
Legend

« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2005, 11:11:50 AM »

bill o'reilly is not an "anchor". he has a political commentary show. he gets paid alot of money to lead discussions of the hot topics of the day and to give his opinions.

also, i think his point about France has been missed. it's a boycott of French goods and services to put pressure on France. the reason is NOT because French politicians DISAGREE with the U.S., but because Bill believes they are hurting our war against terrorism.

there are terrorist groups in france that want to kill americans only. the U.S. has asked chirac to designate them as terrorist organizations (which would prevent them from raising funds in Europe). and chirac REFUSES. does that make any sense???

it's very similar to the protests against the war. we have the freedom to protest against whatever we like. but this does not mean he is promoting hate against the french people.   

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: