Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:07:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  24:Season 8 (trailer)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 24:Season 8 (trailer)  (Read 23722 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2010, 09:05:47 AM »

i saw it before the edit was made!!! arhgghsalgldsf g

UNFORTUNATELY FOR YOU GUYS, I DID A LEVEL MEDIA SO ITS BLATANT WHATS GONNA HAPPEN AFTER I READ THAT!

N THATS GOD DAMN BULLSHIT. WHY THE HELL, HASNT JACK BEEN THROUGH ENOUGH PAIN? rant rant rant rant rant

ARGHGHGHGH WHY DID I HAVE TO READ IT BEFORE THE EDIT,  NOW WHEN THE BIG MOMENT HAPPENS THERE WILL BE NO TENSION FOR ME. ARHG NOWAOWOWAOOAWOWOAWA

html sucks
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2010, 09:15:25 AM »

i saw it before the edit was made!!! arhgghsalgldsf g

UNFORTUNATELY FOR YOU GUYS, I DID A LEVEL MEDIA SO ITS BLATANT WHATS GONNA HAPPEN AFTER I READ THAT!

N THATS GOD DAMN BULLSHIT. WHY THE HELL, HASNT JACK BEEN THROUGH ENOUGH PAIN? rant rant rant rant rant

ARGHGHGHGH WHY DID I HAVE TO READ IT BEFORE THE EDIT,  NOW WHEN THE BIG MOMENT HAPPENS THERE WILL BE NO TENSION FOR ME. ARHG NOWAOWOWAOOAWOWOAWA

I'm SO sorry, I didn't think it was that obvious. Sad

POTENTIAL SPOILER!!!!

To be fair...the one complaint I have with "the moment" is.....there's not much tension in it.  It's one of those things you see coming from a mile away, and you REALLY wish you could stop it, but you can see where the inevitable end is.  You'll know 5-10 minutes into the next episode what's coming.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 09:17:14 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2010, 10:17:35 AM »

meh, its ok, you gave me a chance to use the arnold face rofl

html sucks
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2010, 10:22:04 AM »

You're still in for some great moments the next 2 episodes.  Pilferk was right though, some of the things that happened, while AWESOME, weren't really that surprising.  You could see them coming.  I hope that doesn't give anything away.  I should probably just stop talking.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2010, 07:35:29 PM »

Im loving the past few weeks...... SPoiler alert!

Jack is on the edge and anyone who gets in his way is getting the axe  ok

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2010, 12:10:46 AM »

Im loving the past few weeks...... SPoiler alert!

Jack is on the edge and anyone who gets in his way is getting the axe  ok
Yeah, reminds me of the movie "Man On Fire" at this point, taking a page out of Denzel's book.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2010, 06:39:36 AM »

i saw the words man on fire.

im really hoping they are not going to take the cheese ridden route of having terry mini kidnapped.

html sucks
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2010, 06:50:40 AM »

i saw the words man on fire.

im really hoping they are not going to take the cheese ridden route of having terry mini kidnapped.

That comment actually makes me feel a bit better about my comments earlier.  And you have no real worries, about the above.

FYI: Terry (his wife..back in season 1) is still dead...she didn't come back from the grave.

Minor, tiny, not really, but kinda spoiler ahead, more about casting than plot (and if you want to avoid it, just return when you've seen the next episode or two):

And Kim and Terry (his granddaughter) have not been seen since the early episodes....STILL (and, obviously, we're a few eps ahead of you here in the US).

Together again,
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #108 on: May 07, 2010, 10:35:40 AM »

no i ment his grand daughter. not his dead rotting wife.

html sucks
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2010, 07:54:22 AM »

no i ment his grand daughter. not his dead rotting wife.

Yeah, I addressed that in the "spoiler-y" part.  I won't rehash it here, in case you skipped it.  Smiley

Together again,
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2010, 11:46:32 AM »

well in england the last episode i saw was *spoiler incase anyone hasnt watched it at all*

Jack took an entire episode to buy some guns off that actor whos name i forget but hes in almost every tarantino movie on earth.  Then joined forces with cole. Now we have to wait another fucking episode, for him to do what i thought they were gonna do in that episode. Pisses me off how they are really dragging episodes out without quick progress this season. I remember in the old days youd have someone being took hostage, jack finds them, kills all terrorists and more in one episode. Now that would take like 4 episodes.

html sucks
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2010, 12:14:13 PM »

well in england the last episode i saw was *spoiler incase anyone hasnt watched it at all*

Jack took an entire episode to buy some guns off that actor whos name i forget but hes in almost every tarantino movie on earth.  Then joined forces with cole. Now we have to wait another fucking episode, for him to do what i thought they were gonna do in that episode. Pisses me off how they are really dragging episodes out without quick progress this season. I remember in the old days youd have someone being took hostage, jack finds them, kills all terrorists and more in one episode. Now that would take like 4 episodes.

Yup, you're past it.

To anyone who's not past the point mrlee is...the below contains spoilers.  But mrlee is OK to read them. Smiley

My initial post was about the death of Renee, and how PISSED Jack was about it.  Man, knockin' boots with Jack Bauer is NOT a good way to extend your life expectance.   Terry, Nina (the traitor),  Audrey (who might not be dead but was pretty fucked up when last we saw her), Diane ( that chick he was living with when he was "on the run" to start Season 5..though maybe she's not dead..just emotionally scarred),  and now Renee.    Yee gods.....I guess the "don't fuck with Jack" might be literal as much as figurative.

Terry (nor Kim) has made an appearance and there's not much time left.  If they show up, it'll probably be in the final hour(s). 

Elisha Cuthbert was working on another show ("the forgotten") so I'm not even sure we'll see her again.  Maybe....

I agree on the dragging out, though.  Some of that stuff could have been a might bit quicker paced.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 12:16:46 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2010, 11:51:29 AM »

i started watching season 1 yesterday because ive been buying the boxsets. Now that is the 24 i know n love. Tense, makes me wanna keep watching.

Season 8 they really have run out of ideas n script. Its a shame, but im glad they are calling it quits because i think it would only drag the name down.

html sucks
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2010, 11:29:44 PM »

i started watching season 1 yesterday because ive been buying the boxsets. Now that is the 24 i know n love. Tense, makes me wanna keep watching.

Season 8 they really have run out of ideas n script. Its a shame, but im glad they are calling it quits because i think it would only drag the name down.

Call me crazy, but since they got rid of the black guy heading CTU, and brought in Logan, this has been an excellent season.
I love the show.  I will miss this awesome show.  Sad  As of late, the show's been freaking great.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2010, 12:51:50 AM »

Call me crazy, but since they got rid of the black guy heading CTU, and brought in Logan, this has been an excellent season.
I love the show.  I will miss this awesome show.  Sad  As of late, the show's been freaking great.
Agreed.  I think this season has been great and the show isn't suffering like some make it out to be.  Although I'm a bit biased admittedly.  I do hear from plenty of people that the show isn't as good as it once was, I just don't see it.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2010, 07:58:02 AM »

FYI...I noticed that Netflix is now offering most of the past seasons on their streaming service.  Good time for anyone wanting to catch up...since I think pretty much everyone in the US has a netflix account, now. Smiley

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2010, 07:59:54 AM »

Agreed.  I think this season has been great and the show isn't suffering like some make it out to be.  Although I'm a bit biased admittedly.  I do hear from plenty of people that the show isn't as good as it once was, I just don't see it.

I think part of it is that familiarity breeds complacency.  People are so "used" to the format of the show that they expect twists and turns...so getting them doesn't really satisfy like it used to.

I don't think THIS season is the best season....but it's also not the worst (Kim/Cougar....BAD!!!), either.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 08:11:06 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2010, 06:30:46 PM »

i havent seen some middle seasons. those being 3 4 5.

But everything has been very strong.  Like i said, i just feel this latest ones lost it a bit. Certainly lost the tension, only a few episodes have cut it for me.

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2010, 06:31:12 PM »

Kiefer posted on twitter asking for prequel ideas off fans btw.

html sucks
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2010, 09:13:41 PM »

If you enjoyed season 6 (the only season of any series that I have followed for more than a year that was so bad that I STOPPED WATCHING IT!) then you should get along just fine with any of the ones that you missed.

Even Kim and her Cougar came from season 2, which for various other reasons was still a cracking season!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: