Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:38:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Fall to Pieces
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fall to Pieces  (Read 52571 times)
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #160 on: May 25, 2004, 01:57:38 AM »

But everything I've heard from VR is most defeinitely hard rock, at least to my ears it is.

I think it's a modern take on hard rock, a definate evolution for Slash and Duff.  No more over indulgent solo's or clanking basslines.  

The live show is definately a throwback to GNR pre Illusions.  Loud, sweaty balls out adrenaline fueled riff driven rock music.  Not to mention the presence of one Scott Weiland.  Questionable wardrobe but unquestioned
charisma.  The Weiland /Slash dynamic is incredible as well.

Back on topic, I still don't care for the tune.  Just my opinion of course..

A throw back? Oh you got that right, they lamely ripped off the gnr into.
You wanted to best, well they didnt make it.....etc etc

how fucking orginal is that  rofl

It's the same fucking announcer. Who gives a shit, just another person that was around the whole mess that couldnt stay with your lover.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 01:58:42 AM by tomass74 » Logged

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #161 on: May 25, 2004, 02:07:29 AM »

Good question, dude.  However, dude, lets not play stupid and act as if all he does is just "love Axl".  He posts plenty of inane, negative bullshit pertaining to anything non-Axl.  I already know the response: "But Booker, dude, youre negative too..."  Im not even going to get into that discussion, Ill just say that its beside the point, because youre pretending that Dave is just a poor victim who gets picked on for no reason.  Well, if you believe that, youre even more clueless than he is.  And if you think observing and commenting on his bullshit is "bittnerness," then youre once again very mistaken, dude.  

I didnt say he gets picked for no reason. He gets picked because he posts that he thinks GNR is better than VR and that The Blues is better than FTP and shit like this. Hes posting his opinions, which happen to be different from the majority here. So what? BUT in the other hand, the same way you bitch about him posting "negative bullshit", thats what you do on about 50% of your posts, the other 50% are for slamming Dave. And Im not pretending dave is the victim, and Im not defending him, its just that you find every opportunnity to slam him and his "Axl worship". And its becoming repetitive and boring, DUDE  Tongue

No one is slamming anyone for their opinions!! There are other people here that don't like or have negative stuff to say about these VR tunes. They don't get bothered. It's just the annoying and pathetic way he goes about it. He ends up turning every post into a Axl n' Dave verse VR or Slash against Axl. Look at all teh shit he is talking about in this post. HEY JARMO, I was banned before for "not staying on topic". Well it's obviously ok for Dave since you share the same Axl views as him...

bill213
« Reply #162 on: May 25, 2004, 02:12:52 AM »

Well you little girls might as well have this topic locked and go on with your internet fight elsewhere............getting BACK ON TOPIC......this song wasn't all i thought it was when i first heard it.........I still like the vibe but it's nothing spectacular....good song though.

and remember.....arguing on the internet is like participating in the special olympics......even if you win, you're still retarded.!!!!!!!!!
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #163 on: May 25, 2004, 02:20:21 AM »

I don't know how many times I've seen Slash, Duff, Izzy etc fans making fun of Axl fans and then they worship the ground their hero walks on. It's all the same....

You are correct that there are similarities in both sides, but like I said Dave is completely different from anyone on either side. I don't mind that he doesn't like the songs, but it's just silly to constantly have the need to compare them to Axl. It would be one thing if he was saying "you know, I really gave VR a chance but they are not my cup of tea." I think everyone could respect something along those lines. Instead, he just sounds like a child saying "haha my hero is better than yours." It's just silly.

Maybe this is my bias speaking, but I do see a clear difference between Dave and the VR fans. The difference is that we don't feel the constant need to compare their songs to Axl's  to make Axl look inferior to them. It would be pointless and silly to do that. Just because someone thinks one is better it doesn't mean the other isn't good. It's also silly because they are two different bands. Not to mention they aren't even on a level playing field because one hasn't finished their album yet.

Dave and others would be completely flipping out if we went over to the GNR board to make Axl look inferior to VR.

I would really love to hear Dave's honest opinions if he would just drop the silly comparisons.

What? Where?  Huh

The little potshot against VR. I'm not sure why it was included in the reply to my post.  Huh

Girl Gunner,  you do read the gnr boards right?
Axl is always getting bashed over there and so is bh, and robin etc etc.
Also how many times has BH and Finck been compared to slash over there by the VR fans?
So I really dont see what you are getting at.
Thank the redhead for that. I have said it a million times. The comparisons wouldn't be hardly as much if he wasn't calling the band GnR.

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #164 on: May 25, 2004, 02:29:36 AM »

Well you little girls might as well have this topic locked and go on with your internet fight elsewhere............getting BACK ON TOPIC......this song wasn't all i thought it was when i first heard it.........I still like the vibe but it's nothing spectacular....good song though.

and remember.....arguing on the internet is like participating in the special olympics......even if you win, you're still retarded.!!!!!!!!!

lol, funny post. You are right..  For the most part there is only opne person that everyone is argueing. Like I said I could care less if someone doesn't like VR. It' sthe way certain people or (person) come across just trying to antagonise people. There is definately a problem here but the moderators are obviously bias. You can see this by the constant defending. Honestly, I like Dave and Jarmo but juts as Dave is always defending Axl's evry little action it seems that Jarmo has been doing the same for Dave..

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #165 on: May 25, 2004, 02:32:50 AM »

BACK ON TOPIC   ok

I finally heard the song last night. It i sa boot and I have the crappiest little speakers here at work. We actually converted the internal speaker to play music. Anyway, from what I could here it sounded pretty cool and I loved the riff. Couldn't really hear the lyrics. It also got a positive comment from one of my co-workers who said he will buy the album. BTW everyone here likes Slither and someone else here is gonna burn the disc when he can. He burns everything. I wish I could burn a boot to listen to in my car....

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #166 on: May 25, 2004, 03:02:47 AM »

HEY JARMO, I was banned before for "not staying on topic". Well it's obviously ok for Dave since you share the same Axl views as him...

And you're still got problems with it even after I told everybody to get back to discussing the song. Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bill213
« Reply #167 on: May 25, 2004, 01:23:56 PM »

Just heard the studio version and it kicks ass..........same as performed live.......this song does kick ass....the guitar tone is really close to yesterdays.
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #168 on: May 25, 2004, 02:41:02 PM »

STUDIO??? HOW?

Back In Power
GnRNightrain
« Reply #169 on: June 02, 2004, 10:51:50 PM »

Does everyone remember a few years ago, when there was an unknown guitar section played in the background of the Estranged "Making the Videos" that was speculated to be the background for "This I Love"? The opening guitar to "Fall to Pieces" sounds VERY similar to that, but I can't tell because of the shit quality of the MP3. Is anyone else recognizing similarities? Could they be the same song?

And speculating even further.... Is fighting for the rights to the unreleased material during the GN'R partnership era a possible explanation for the Slash/Duff lawsuit?
Thats the exact same thing I was thinking when I first heard this song.  I knew I heard it before, and realised it was from the Estranged making of the videos.  Of course I thought I would scroll through the threads before posting it as my own discovery.  Sure enough, someone caught it before myself.  People are so on top of things here.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: