Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 05:47:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Let's Liberate The Bootleg DVDs, Folks!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's Liberate The Bootleg DVDs, Folks!  (Read 97920 times)
Steel_Angel
« Reply #320 on: May 23, 2006, 09:12:20 AM »

kickass cant wait for the torrent..
jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #321 on: May 23, 2006, 10:29:57 AM »

I know the site has a bit of a 'reputation',? but to maximise seeds, how about torrenting on the (Swedish?) http://www.thepiratebay.com ?

I think LOTS of people use it...

Jonesy

because it's not private tracker.

Why shouldn't the torrent appear on public trackers? Not saying I agree or disagree, just wondering about the reasoning.

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... er... dead tomorrow...? maybe?..

« Reply #322 on: May 23, 2006, 11:33:34 AM »

I know the site has a bit of a 'reputation',  but to maximise seeds, how about torrenting on the (Swedish?) http://www.thepiratebay.com ?

Jonesy

Why shouldn't the torrent appear on public trackers? Not saying I agree or disagree, just wondering about the reasoning.

same here.

why?
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #323 on: May 23, 2006, 12:46:07 PM »

I know the site has a bit of a 'reputation',? but to maximise seeds, how about torrenting on the (Swedish?) http://www.thepiratebay.com ?

Jonesy

because this is meant to be released for the fans, not for every guy next door. sure it will appear at public trackers sooner rather than later but opening at private bootleg trackers is the only right way. you know why? because public tracker allow hit-and-run behaviour, every asshole can come, download the 32GB bootleg without seeding a single byte. private trackers pay attention of everyone's ratio, so everyone who wants to download anything has to seed, so this ensures that just true fans download the stuff.
you may say how stupid this is, that newbies can't download anything because they don't have appropriate ratio and have nothing to seed. this is wrong, every leecher can seed their actual download so there's no problem. you can join every private bootleg tracker (every of them has the rules but for example some waiting at GNRtracker or active account at PCtracker aren't such pain in the ass).
in my opinion, public trackers are just useless and people seeding there are crazy... these trackers are full of fuckers who just leech and offer nothing to seed, limiting their seed to zero. that's why I personally don't like public trackers.

joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #324 on: May 23, 2006, 12:57:56 PM »

I know the site has a bit of a 'reputation',  but to maximise seeds, how about torrenting on the (Swedish?) http://www.thepiratebay.com ?

Jonesy

because this is meant to be released for the fans, not for every guy next door. sure it will appear at public trackers sooner rather than later but opening at private bootleg trackers is the only right way. you know why? because public tracker allow hit-and-run behaviour, every asshole can come, download the 32GB bootleg without seeding a single byte. private trackers pay attention of everyone's ratio, so everyone who wants to download anything has to seed, so this ensures that just true fans download the stuff.
you may say how stupid this is, that newbies can't download anything because they don't have appropriate ratio and have nothing to seed. this is wrong, every leecher can seed their actual download so there's no problem. you can join every private bootleg tracker (every of them has the rules but for example some waiting at GNRtracker or active account at PCtracker aren't such pain in the ass).
in my opinion, public trackers are just useless and people seeding there are crazy... these trackers are full of fuckers who just leech and offer nothing to seed, limiting their seed to zero. that's why I personally don't like public trackers.

I see

Fair comment.
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #325 on: May 23, 2006, 01:52:23 PM »

Jonesy

I see

Fair comment.

i dont totally agree. if all of us are downloading from the public tracker then we already know it will have seeders because we promised to seed it. also, what better way to remind the world that GNR is back and that they still kick ass than with a bootleg of a hammerstein show. cause even after NY im still running into people that 1) didnt know they were playing again or 2) have a really negative opinion about the band because of things theyve heard in the past.

these dvds offer a good chance to turn that around and actually make chinese democracy a great success. i know a lot of you are already under the opinion that it will be automatically, but seriously guys most people think GNR is a joke now. thats why they did the hammerstein, to spread the word here and warm up the US before they return.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
EFISH
« Reply #326 on: May 23, 2006, 01:54:02 PM »

B+P...ive never done before..

i do have about 20 blank DVDS i will never use..

i do not have a dvd burner

when sending out for bp do you send it in one of those yellow big envelopes?
stupid question, i know
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #327 on: May 23, 2006, 01:57:13 PM »

Doesn't matter how you send it, unless it arrives safely..

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #328 on: May 23, 2006, 02:06:28 PM »

Jonesy

I see

Fair comment.

i dont totally agree. if all of us are downloading from the public tracker then we already know it will have seeders because we promised to seed it. also, what better way to remind the world that GNR is back and that they still kick ass than with a bootleg of a hammerstein show. cause even after NY im still running into people that 1) didnt know they were playing again or 2) have a really negative opinion about the band because of things theyve heard in the past.

these dvds offer a good chance to turn that around and actually make chinese democracy a great success. i know a lot of you are already under the opinion that it will be automatically, but seriously guys most people think GNR is a joke now. thats why they did the hammerstein, to spread the word here and warm up the US before they return.

very good point there...
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #329 on: May 23, 2006, 02:10:46 PM »

true. that's true. I underestimated the fact we're talking about GNR. so let's see what happens peace

billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #330 on: May 23, 2006, 02:24:00 PM »

well the other problem with private trackers is that i'm guessing the torrents won't be posted on ones im a member of.   if you're asking members to devote time to these torrents, a la uploading a lot, that requires more than a love of gnr.  i came late for the hammerstein audios at dimeadozen, and there's no way i'll ever get a 1:1 ratio since i missed the boat on that.  and honestly, i don't care enough about a grateful dead boot to download it, then seed it just to get my ratio back up so i can download gnr.  at the site i belong to, i have a 1.6 ratio, and thats with about 160GB uploaded.  i agree public trackers suck, but still, i don't want to miss this because my dimeadozen account is suspended for a bad ratio. 

anyways, however this ends up working, im sure fans will be getting the dvds.  thanks again to all involved.

Mike
joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #331 on: May 23, 2006, 05:19:27 PM »

Yeah

take it as it comes

Smiley
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #332 on: May 23, 2006, 05:41:32 PM »

Minnesota, No Money, No blank DVD's.

What's my chance of getting the set?

Torrent = you get it.

-darknemus

One problem, I've never used torrents, and don't really plan on it, seeing as I don't have the space? ATM.

Dont worry Axlander it'll be on bootlegs...... ok
Jarl
Rocker

« Reply #333 on: May 23, 2006, 06:44:08 PM »

Those DVD?s will spread faster then you think.
At first the will be in a few torrents.
I think between 500 and 1000 people will get them true torrents.
A few will get them true B&P.
Some might even buy or trade for them
They will be uploaded to those free download website?s by some people I guess.
They will be in newsgroups.
And off course they will be in hub?s to.

Now do you really think not 1 of them will torrent it on The Piratebay or some other public tracker?

Johan

Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #334 on: May 23, 2006, 10:08:13 PM »

Torrent = you get it.

-darknemus

One problem, I've never used torrents, and don't really plan on it, seeing as I don't have the space  ATM.

I'm pretty sure I've got someone that'll be able to hook me up when they get them n' have time.

But, hopefully you uploading it on GNR Bootlegs will bring some more to the site.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #335 on: May 23, 2006, 11:33:57 PM »

I have a question now...where does those DVD's will be seeded? Dime or another?

joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #336 on: May 24, 2006, 03:10:04 AM »

I think all of the above page was debating that question.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #337 on: May 24, 2006, 08:49:47 AM »

I think all of the above page was debating that question.

I'm sure they'll be on both Dime and pctracker at least.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #338 on: May 24, 2006, 06:32:12 PM »

Torrent = you get it.

-darknemus

One problem, I've never used torrents, and don't really plan on it, seeing as I don't have the space? ATM.

I'm pretty sure I've got someone that'll be able to hook me up when they get them n' have time.

But, hopefully you uploading it on GNR Bootlegs will bring some more to the site.

I'll upload them as soon as each torrent is downloaded!
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #339 on: May 26, 2006, 08:50:59 AM »

Just a quick update:

A. I've now got two - three people in the UK who will be getting direct copies of these discs as soon as I can receive them / ship them out - should help with the UK / Europe B&Ps.  (I'll give everyone details on who they are once I actually have the discs in hand)

B. To those who have paypal'ed me money to help cover the cost(s) associated with shipping & blanks, I thank you.

C. I've asked about buying the masters - however, currently the seller doesn't want to part w/ the 17th 'close-up' shot master.  Not sure why - if / when I get more info, I'll share.

D. I've got a POSSIBLE lead on full footage from the acoustic show.  Please realize that its just a possibility right now.  If it happens, of course I'll share.

E. There will be a decent set of people in the U.S. who will be helping out with distribution as well.

F. This might be insane - but does anyone think torrenting all 4 shows in one .torrent might be the way to go?  I'm just concerned with people dropping as soon as they grab a show and not sticking around to help others.  I still haven't decided what trackers to use.  I'll sort that out here over this weekend and stuff.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: