Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:43:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy the Sgt Peppers of the new millennium?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy the Sgt Peppers of the new millennium?  (Read 17032 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2004, 07:41:14 PM »

So, all you were saying is that Chinese Democracy will be a lot different from previous GNR albums, as well as current popular music? Okay, I agree with you. Is there anyone who thinks otherwise?

All due respect to you, but didn't need to invoke Sgt. Peppers in the thread title to make such a minor point.

So, all you were saying is that Chinese Democracy will be a lot different from previous GNR albums, as well as current popular music? Okay, I agree with you. Is there anyone who thinks otherwise?

All due respect to you, but didn't need to invoke Sgt. Peppers in the thread title to make such a minor point.

Really....the Sgt. Peppers comparison is a completely arbitrary one.? If the point is simply that Chinese Democracy will be different from the other GNR albums (like we didnt already know that), than why not

1) Simply say so

2) Make a more relevant comparison, like Motley Crues Generation Swine or something.? After all, the principles the same, and the comparison actually makes some kind of sense (two 80s/early 90s hard rock bands coming back with an "updated" sound, experimenting with electronica, etc.).

Instead, Dave compares it what is widely accepted as the greatest album ever for no apparent reason...

And why is that?? The beatles were the biggest band of the 60s and gnr were the biggest band from 87-93.
It also got people to read the thread, so I think the title is perfect.?

Its amazing that certain people on this board are now complaining about how people name their thread.

But here ya go booker.
CD is going to change the way people look at rock music in the 2000s just as the beatles did with SP in the 60s
« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 07:46:11 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2004, 02:50:20 AM »

CD is going to change the way people look at rock music in the 2000s just as the beatles did with SP in the 60s

I think it will be loved by all the hard core fans who are stuck on led zepplin and 80's rock and I think it will be loved by posers who are covering up their good charlotte stickers with GnR.

But unlike SP I think critics are gonna hate it. It could be the best thing they ever heard but they will have issues with axl and I think most will hate it for that  reason.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2004, 02:59:20 AM »

Faith No More - Angel Dust was the Sgt Pepper of the new milleniium
Chinese Democracy hpefully will just fill a huge gap and end speculation

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2004, 09:58:41 AM »

More cowbell I agree (love the snl will ferrel skit)

On  the last part I think the reason it will get shit is because it's a new band with a familiar name,..Not everyone thinks it's right top continue without the other guys.. Also if it is somewhat techno or industrial, it will get the losing the roots speech.. If the music is very good to great then what a reviewer says doesn't matter, people will recognize it-.--- I never take reviews seriously, the person just might not like that type of music..

At first I was one of those people, but now I just want to move on and enjoy something from axl..
madagas
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2004, 10:07:00 AM »

Booker, ANY Gnr comparison to Motley Crue is equally as silly as comparing Chinese to arguably the best and most important album ever written. Jarmo's equation to Gnr's Achtung Baby is probably the most accurate-it will be different sounding musically but the lyrics and melodies will be all Axl/Gnr.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2004, 10:11:14 AM by madagas » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: