Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:39:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash on Chinese Democracy ?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash on Chinese Democracy ?  (Read 20063 times)
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2006, 09:54:50 AM »

Ideas from Slash on CD?

You've lost it. I can't even wrap my mind around how insane & Slash fanboy that is.

Anyways, sorry if I upset anyone.

I'll leave you nuts alone in this thread.

first of all thanks for your complimets.

second. the reason i said some ideas from slash could be there is because i believe that during 93-94 they might have recorded some parts that axl may have used as a starting point for a song, riff, solo.
and i never said it's definitely on cd.

Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2006, 10:07:15 AM »

You're right Supaplex. We don't know if Slash will be on CD.

But maybe some people will have a surprise... Wink

I'll download it !
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2006, 10:21:22 AM »

The most common denominator there I see is Rose & Stradlin.

Grade school anyone?? hihi

Slash has 8 and rose has 9 so how does that qualify as a common denominator?

funny how you don't even address the subject of the threatening with lawsuits, changed your mind about that?

Just admit that you hate almost everything about the ex-members and are simply here for Axl not guns....I've been reading trough your "last posts" and everyone single one wich concerns ex-members you start flaming and bashing....quite pathetic really? Roll Eyes
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2006, 10:24:05 AM »

Seriously now, do you really think that IF Slash recorded something for what was going to be Chine Democracy back in the day, it's still there today in the final songs ?

I'm sure somewhere inside your brain you KNOW it's not going to happen.

Why do you wish he's on the album so bad anyway ? For you, it would be like some kind of treason from Slash, right ? His guitar parts layed on this infamous Axl's solo project ... You know, the one where he stole a band's name and fire everybody and wants to be the chief like kids in kindergaten, etc. Bla bla bla

Thing is, this album is probably great, and will generate a huge buzz, and Slash won't have nothing to do with it. And you can't take that.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2006, 10:30:54 AM »

As much as I like slash I wouldn't want him to be on CD, Just let Axl and the guys do their thing  Grin
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2006, 12:33:14 PM »

As much as I like slash I wouldn't want him to be on CD, Just let Axl and the guys do their thing  Grin

Yeah, and I don't believe that Slash would be ON Chinese Democracy. But I agree with this one:

the reason i said some ideas from slash could be there is because i believe that during 93-94 they might have recorded some parts that axl may have used as a starting point for a song, riff, solo.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2006, 01:13:10 PM »

Slash on Chinese Democracy ?

Puuulease!  hihi
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2006, 02:01:40 AM »

Thing is, this album is probably great, and will generate a huge buzz, and Slash won't have nothing to do with it. And you can't take that.
Slash will have to do with it because the new guitarists are trying to sound as him. So we'll hear a copy of Slash's sound. Copy=fake.

Plus, a GN'R album without Slash is like a Beatles album without John Lennon : absurd.

I'll download it !
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2006, 02:59:14 AM »

Slashead, it depends. If you think that Guns n' Roses is not Guns n' Roses without Slash, that's you're opinion. And there's nothing wrong with it. But if someone thinks that Gn'R can be Gn'R without Slash, that's his opinion and it's ok too. It's just how you look at it. And the way you look at it don't make you a better (or worse) fan compared to those who look at it the opposite way.

This conversation is frustrating 'cause it never stops.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2006, 03:29:06 AM »

Slashead, it depends. If you think that Guns n' Roses is not Guns n' Roses without Slash, that's you're opinion. And there's nothing wrong with it. But if someone thinks that Gn'R can be Gn'R without Slash, that's his opinion and it's ok too. It's just how you look at it.

Does it mean that with the help of propaganda Paul McCartney could release a solo album under the Beatles name ?

So, it's all a matter of propaganda, isnt'it ?

I'll download it !
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2006, 04:33:40 AM »

Slash will have to do with it because the new guitarists are trying to sound as him. So we'll hear a copy of Slash's sound. Copy=fake.

This is getting absurd. Now Slash will be on CD because the guys in GN'R are trying to sound as him ?

I don't think they they sound as him at all. Not on the old material. Not on the new material.

Long live GN'R.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2006, 04:39:37 AM »

Does it mean that with the help of propaganda Paul McCartney could release a solo album under the Beatles name ?

No, he could not because it would be :

Paul Mc Cartney + Backup band = Paul Mc Cartney doing solo stuff.

In this case it's simple :

Axl + Tommy + Robin + Brain/Frank + Ron + Richard + Dizzy + Chris = Guns N' Roses on tour and releasing their new opus.

And why is this valid ? Because none of this guys stole nothing from past members. Some people left, and others joined. Nobody asked Slash, Duff or Scrotum to leave in the first place. It was their own decision and now they have to cope with it. And their fans too.

So no, again, Slash has nothing to do with Chinese Democracy.

Long live GN'R.
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2006, 05:12:23 AM »

Or does he? How do you know that? You can't, that's right.

And if I remember right Sorum got fired after all. But you're right, Slash, Duff and Izzy left the band because they wanted to.

BEEP.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2006, 05:30:40 AM »

Or does he? How do you know that? You can't, that's right.

And if I remember right Sorum got fired after all. But you're right, Slash, Duff and Izzy left the band because they wanted to.

Well, Sorum didn't had the balls to quit with a bang, he said himself he did everything he could to be fired.

And do you really think that Axl is going to leave hypotethical Slash's ideas/parts on the album ? C'mon, he doesn't even return X-mas cards to the guy.

I don't hate Slash at all, and I have no intention to bash him, but it's seems logical that he won't be on Chinese Democracy.

Long live GN'R.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2006, 07:05:14 AM »

scrotum  rofl

some of you slash fanboys never cease to amaze me.   

he is not and will not have any part of chinese democracy.    anyone who says otherwise is just being a slash troll
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2006, 07:22:08 AM »

No, he could not because it would be :

Paul Mc Cartney + Backup band = Paul Mc Cartney doing solo stuff.

In this case it's simple :

Axl + Tommy + Robin + Brain/Frank + Ron + Richard + Dizzy + Chris = Guns N' Roses on tour and releasing their new opus.

Axl+back up band = Axl doing solo stuff = nugnr

I'll download it !
TheMole
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2006, 08:24:14 AM »

scrotum  rofl
he is not and will not have any part of chinese democracy.    anyone who says otherwise is just being a slash troll

I agree with this, and people should stop trying to link Slash with everything nuGNR. They are two separate bands in their own rights, the past is the past and as long as this band is what's GNR now, we should love it for what it is, or leave it altogether. And this is coming from a huge Slash fan, so take it for what it's worth.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2006, 08:55:42 AM »

scrotum? rofl
he is not and will not have any part of chinese democracy.? ? anyone who says otherwise is just being a slash troll

I agree with this, and people should stop trying to link Slash with everything nuGNR. They are two separate bands in their own rights, the past is the past and as long as this band is what's GNR now, we should love it for what it is, or leave it altogether. And this is coming from a huge Slash fan, so take it for what it's worth.

As far as it goes, it seems blindingly obvious that there will be nothing Slash related on CD, partly because Axl is absurdly bitter towards him, but mostly because he has not been in the band for 10 years.

However, to make a Guns record, there has to at least be some Slash influence in there for it to sound like Guns. But as all of us without blinkers and blind fanboy sycophancy know, its not a Guns record.

I find it funny that after all these years trying to escape the bands legacy and their contribution, its always gonna bite him on the ass because he chose to call his solo project Guns N Roses. A burden around his neck that he cant escape. Call it something else and theres no scrutiny from your former fan base and no comparison to the Classic Guns era. Also no expectation for it to sound like Guns or stand worthily alongside their catalogue.

All hes trying to prove is that he can work without Slash. But so far we've seen little proof of that as he is too scared to relaese an album that may not and probably will not stand up to the Guns N Roses name.

By thieving the name from his former friends he's hung an albatross around his neck and has far more to live up to that if he'd kept it about the music and not hanging on to something that'll sell more because of the name rather than the content.

I saw a 'GNR' shirt that had the slogan 'Freedom through musical integrity' on it. I think nothing could be farther from the truth.

Sorry, rant over. I can hear the Legend's dolly hitting the floor just outside of his pram as I write this......  hihi

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2006, 06:37:44 PM »

However, to make a Guns record, there has to at least be some Slash influence in there for it to sound like Guns. But as all of us without blinkers and blind fanboy sycophancy know, its not a Guns record.

would the mods ban these trolls already?   i'm sick of being insulted for supporting this band on a forum about this band by bitter losers who refuse to stop living in the past TEN YEARS LATER.
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2006, 12:28:38 AM »

All hes trying to prove is that he can work without Slash. But so far we've seen little proof of that as he is too scared to relaese an album that may not and probably will not stand up to the Guns N Roses name.

That's true Locomotive. Great post.

Do you remember what Axl said to the Stereo club owner back in January after he played Chinese Democracy in that club ?

"After this album's release people will know who was the main ingredient of Guns N'Roses !"

That's what he said. It says a lot.? The whole CD project can be seen as a revenge on his former friends. He just forgot that without those guys he would be pumping gas in Lafayette... Undecided

On the other hand, I'm sure that Axl, deep inside, loves Slash, and vice versa. Axl is like that, he still loves the people he insults. Axl also used to insult Izzy when he left GN'R... That's why a re-union is still possible and Slash's haters are stupid people who don't understand Axl.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 12:58:55 AM by Slashead » Logged

I'll download it !
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: