Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 09:09:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash on Chinese Democracy ?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash on Chinese Democracy ?  (Read 20292 times)
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2006, 09:00:59 AM »

The current players are aware of Slash's style and realize it is part of GNR.? That is why solo's like the blues and such sound like something Slash may play.? Did Fink ever sound like that in NIN?? No.? These guys play solos in a GNR type style for the most part.? However, they don't have the sexyness in the guitar playing Slash had.? But put these guys in their own forum and they don't play like they do for GNR.? In GNR, they try to recapture a GNR sound of the past.? Does anyone know what I am saying?? ha.
That's a great post ! You are totally right.

Those guys are playing under the GN'R name but they aren't even GN'R fans ! (except Bumblefoot)

I'm sure they despised GN'R back in the '80s and early '90s.

I'll download it !
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2006, 09:14:11 AM »

dude if you are so against this band and Axl, please find another place to spread your garbage.  somewhere where its cool to go to a board and bash the band.   fuck slash.  take that shit elsewhere.
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2006, 09:14:51 AM »

And VR is playing Axl material !!!..Fuck this..You are 10 years to late to come with this...And besides...Everything that is Slash material..is also Axl?s material..Because slash couldn?t write the words to a children-song? yes !

And you have the wrong attitude...You started a intresting topic..but then you turned this into a " Slash is original ,Slash is great, Axl should play his own stuff "....But once again - SLASH STUFF IS AXL?S STUFF...AND AXL?S STUFF, IS SLASH STUFF..Get it ??..no ??

VR is COVERING one or two GN'R songs... Axl's band is COVERING 14 or 15 GN'R songs......

I started this topic and The Legend started insulting Slash and Contraband.... not my fault. I didn't insult anybody.

Slash's solos were not written by Axl. You can be sure of it ! Axl knows jack shit about guitar-playing.

Since Brian May, Paul Tobias, Robin Finck, Richard Fortus, Bumblefoot, Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin and Buckethead may be playing guitar on Chinese Democracy, I hope Slash will be on the record too. yes

« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 04:17:38 PM by Slashead » Logged

I'll download it !
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2006, 09:15:46 AM »

fuck slash.?
Great point !  ok

I'll download it !
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2006, 10:20:59 AM »

But Slashead, you do realize that even if Slash recorded something for what was going to be the next GN'R album back in the day, it's long lost now. (It wasn't even Chinese Democracy at the time).

There's no way he's going to be on Chinese Democracy. he won't even be mentioned in the booklet.

I know he wrote those great guitar parts on AFD & Illusions albums, but this is 2006. He's out of the picture now.

What if Slash is on Chinese Democracy ? Do you think it is possible that he recorded something for CD ? Having Slash on a couple of songs with Izzy would be so great ! It would give a new dimension to CD.
what are you a fucking idiot! Slash sucks, lets hope to god hes not on it.

There's no need for that ...

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2006, 10:29:58 AM »

I'm just thinking of something : why would you have Slash on Chinese Democracy anyway ? It's not a GN'R album in your opinion, so ...

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2006, 11:42:49 AM »

stupid question!
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2006, 11:57:52 AM »

I dont think Slash has anything to do with it, according to Slash he brought Axl a bunch of song ideas which Axl rejected, which later became "its five oclock somewhere" by Slashs snakepit.... I dont hear any Slash influence at all on the leaks.....

No, what happened was, Slash went off on his own and wrote & recorded the material that became 'Five O Clock Somewhere', except without vocals. Axl saw this material, and said it wasn't bad, and that it could be the next GN'R album. He asked Slash to let him take the material, put his own little touch on it, and they'd release it as the next Guns record. Slash absolutely refused, and said take it or leave it, but it's fine the way it is, and it won't be changed. Axl refused to put it out the way it currently was, and put the GN'R stamp on it.

Their relationship was downhill from there. If I remember correctly that was the last time they saw each other for many many many years.
The Legend, you are so wrong, it's not even funny. You are inventing things to present Axl in a flattering light.

JohnSDMF is right. Slash came up with ideas which were rejected by Axl.
Axl wanted to transform completely GNR's sound (introduction of indus and techno influences). The result is Silkworms, Oh my god, Better, etc. And GN'R split...

When Slash decided to release his songs as a solo project, Axl went mad and threatened with lawsuits... Axl wanted to control everything, he thought Slash was his property. Axl only owns the GN'R logo, which is not a lot without Slash, Izzy and Duff.

Thanks for repackaging everything I just said, with Slash's name slapped on it, instead of Axl's.

Both Slash AND Axl have confirmed what I just fuckin' told you. Yep, that's right. SLASH said it out of his own fuckin' mouth. Songs like Oh My God, Silkworms, and ESPECIALLY Better weren't even thought of when Slash left the band.

Axl never filed a lawsuit to bar the release of Five O' Clock Somewhere. What the fuck are you smoking?

Why talk about Slash here..Why bad-mouth GN?R here ?

Axl's band is still playing Slash's material, isn't it ? And Slash is a GN'R icon, so why can't we speak about him ?

Plus, I'm not "bad-mouthing" GN'R at all.

If you don't like this thread go somewhere else. There are a lot of threads for the Finck's fanboys.

It's Axl's material MORE SO than it is Slash's. Most of AFD's INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC & LYRIC WRITING credits, are LARGE MAJORITY, W. Axl Rose & Izzy Stradlin. And after them, Duff McKagen. Then Slash & Steven Adler.

Axl's band is still playing Slash's material, isn't it ? And Slash is a GN'R icon, so why can't we speak about him ?

Plus, I'm not "bad-mouthing" GN'R at all.

If you don't like this thread go somewhere else. There are a lot of threads for the Finck's fanboys.

This right here, shows you started this thread for no reason other than to promote Slash. Once again, another intentionally sarcastic and negative statement towards Robin Finck. All this was, was a propaganda thread to say CD will suck without Slash's guitar.

I love how you say you're not bad mouthing GN'R, and then do it in the next fuckin' sentence.

They are not haters. I'm not a hater.

But Slash has nothing to do with Chinese Democracy. Slash did not wrote the material. It's not his album. Never have been. Slash isn't in the band. He left.

Exactly.

Those who don't want Slash on CD are haters. Sad

Do you know that you're on a Guns n' Roses message board?

Exaclty, but last time I've checked, Slash was not a part of GN'R anymore. Hmm let me do the math ... 10 years, right ?

Ok so we can't talk about Gn'R's history anymore.. if you want to continue, please PM.

You can talk about history. Problem is, certain people want an alternate history than actually happened. Slash never had a top-tier hand in the making of anything Guns N' Roses, other than showing up to shows, providing #4 input after Axl, Izzy & Duff had their say, and looking cool on stage, and playing what he was told to play.

i hate these people who say slashs playing is "average". If it wasnt for him, you would not have all those great gnr songs from appetite, lies, illusions!!!!

Slash puts feeling into his playing, he doesnt just shred mindlessly, like some previous gnr members that like fast food.

Matter of opinion.

The current players are aware of Slash's style and realize it is part of GNR. ?That is why solo's like the blues and such sound like something Slash may play. ?Did Fink ever sound like that in NIN? ?No. ?These guys play solos in a GNR type style for the most part. ?However, they don't have the sexyness in the guitar playing Slash had. ?But put these guys in their own forum and they don't play like they do for GNR. ?In GNR, they try to recapture a GNR sound of the past. ?Does anyone know what I am saying? ?ha.
That's a great post ! You are totally right.

Those guys are playing under the GN'R name but they aren't even GN'R fans ! (except Bumblefoot)

I'm sure they despised GN'R back in the '80s and early '90s.

Apparently Slash wasn't a GN'R fan either, despite being in the band. He bashed every single ounce of their music that didn't have his name credit on it after he left the band.

dude if you are so against this band and Axl, please find another place to spread your garbage. somewhere where its cool to go to a board and bash the band. fuck slash. take that shit elsewhere.

Is the Guns N' Motley board back up? That place had it right on GNR's history.

I'm just thinking of something : why would you have Slash on Chinese Democracy anyway ? It's not a GN'R album in your opinion, so ...

That's the point i'm getting at. This was a propaganda thread as soon as he posted it. He didn't want our honest opinions, he wanted to simply be told what he wanted to hear. Axl sucks, Slash rules. That's all this thread was for.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2006, 01:15:26 PM »

What if Slash is on Chinese Democracy ? Do you think it is possible that he recorded something for CD ?

Attention please, this question above was the original point of this thread. And I think it has a point actually. There are people who don't really know when the first studio session for CD was. I'm fucking sure that most of you guys don't know a shit what really happened during the time Slash left the band or right before it. We know something but not much. We don't know what really happened in the studios. And there has been rumours about Slash and Duff working on some tracks in the 90's.. there has been rumours that some of these songs has been written in the early 90's.. so I actually think this is a good question. I personally don't think that Slash is on CD, but who knows if he or Duff really did some work for the record. You know; "recorded something for CD"..

Who knows.

But this thread turned into another version of "I love the new band" - "So you hate Slash! Fuck you!" - "So you hate the new band! Move on, get away from here, this is a Gn'R-board" - "Fuck you!" - "Fuck you too!" -thing. C'mon guys, if you love the new band you don't have to hate the old. Same thing opposite.. or how you say it.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2006, 03:29:15 PM »

Okay dad  Tongue

Well..what i think doesn?t mean shit..But i don?t get why some people even bother to post here !

Bye

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2006, 04:24:02 PM »

Good post Kaasu ! I just asked a legitimate question about Slash's presence on CD since a song as "This I love" was already written in 1993.

The Legend, you are pathetic. You're only fooling yourself. I never said Axl had filed a lawsuit against Slash concerning "It's five o'clock". I said that Axl had THREATENED Slash with lawsuits. I've already told you once that you were paranoid. You're also a liar.

I'll download it !
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2006, 05:13:51 PM »

Axl never filed a lawsuit to bar the release of Five O' Clock Somewhere. What the fuck are you smoking?

Actually I heard about that too. I believe there is some truth to that.
 I think Axl wanted to sue Slash for using the Snakepit material for his own album, but they later sorted it out. Slash has mentioned it in a few interviews.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2006, 06:28:44 PM »

Good post Kaasu ! I just asked a legitimate question about Slash's presence on CD since a song as "This I love" was already written in 1993.

The Legend, you are pathetic. You're only fooling yourself. I never said Axl had filed a lawsuit against Slash concerning "It's five o'clock". I said that Axl had THREATENED Slash with lawsuits. I've already told you once that you were paranoid. You're also a liar.

Oh ok.

Slash must be a liar too, 'cause he said so you fuckin' lameass. Lawsuits were never mentioned. If it was 'threatened', then Axl's a dumbass. Why would Axl want to sue for that shit on 5:00?

Next time you start talking facts, you may want to research your own guy.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2006, 08:14:40 PM »

Oh ok.

Slash must be a liar too, 'cause he said so you fuckin' lameass. Lawsuits were never mentioned. If it was 'threatened', then Axl's a dumbass. Why would Axl want to sue for that shit on 5:00?

Next time you start talking facts, you may want to research your own guy.

I guess Axl must be a dumbass then according to what you just said, because it's been mentioned several times that Axl wanted to use Slash's material after he'd already put the album out, and threatened to sue Slash over it.

I don't think it ever went that far, but I read several news articles/interviews stating this in 1995/96. But then I guess they're all wrong or were lying huh?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2006, 04:15:45 AM »

Thanks for repackaging everything I just said, with Slash's name slapped on it, instead of Axl's.

Both Slash AND Axl have confirmed what I just fuckin' told you. Yep, that's right. SLASH said it out of his own fuckin' mouth. Songs like Oh My God, Silkworms, and ESPECIALLY Better weren't even thought of when Slash left the band.

Oh boy you really need to get your facts straight....Axl did threaten with lawsuits (gonna see if I still have some magazines around here....)

It's Axl's material MORE SO than it is Slash's. Most of AFD's INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC & LYRIC WRITING credits, are LARGE MAJORITY, W. Axl Rose & Izzy Stradlin. And after them, Duff McKagen. Then Slash & Steven Adler.

Once again get your facts straight,

"Welcome to the Jungle" (Music: Slash, Rose / Lyrics: Rose) ? 4:32
"It's So Easy" (Music: McKagan, Arkeen / Lyrics: McKagan, Arkeen ) ? 3:21
"Nightrain" (Music: Stradlin, McKagan, Rose, Slash, Adler / Lyrics: McKagan, Rose) ? 4:26
"Out Ta Get Me" (Music: Slash, Rose, Stradlin / Lyrics: Rose, Stradlin) ? 4:20
"Mr. Brownstone" (Music: Stradlin, Slash, Adler / Lyrics: Stradlin) ? 3:46
"Paradise City" (Music: McKagan, Slash, Rose, Stradlin / Lyrics: Rose, McKagan) ? 6:45
"My Michelle" (Music: Rose, Stradlin / Lyrics: Rose) ? 3:38
"Think About You" (Music: Stradlin / Lyrics: Stradlin) ? 3:49
"Sweet Child O' Mine" (Music: Rose, Slash, Stradlin, Adler / Lyrics: Rose) ? 5:54
"You're Crazy" (Music: Slash, Stradlin, Rose / Lyrics: Rose, Stradlin) ? 3:16
"Anything Goes" (Music: Stradlin, Rose, Weber / Lyrics: Stradlin, Rose) ? 3:25
"Rocket Queen" (Music: Rose, Slash, Stradlin, Adler / Lyrics: Rose, Stradlin) ? 6:14

You can talk about history. Problem is, certain people want an alternate history than actually happened. Slash never had a top-tier hand in the making of anything Guns N' Roses, other than showing up to shows, providing #4 input after Axl, Izzy & Duff had their say, and looking cool on stage, and playing what he was told to play.

Talk about presenting an alternate history. You sir, have shown yourself to be quite the axl fanboy in this thread? yes

kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2006, 04:24:09 AM »

Songs like Oh My God, Silkworms, and ESPECIALLY Better weren't even thought of when Slash left the band.

So you found three tracks. Wasn't This I Love rumoured to be written in 1991-1993?

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2006, 04:35:40 AM »

Songs like Oh My God, Silkworms, and ESPECIALLY Better weren't even thought of when Slash left the band.

So you found three tracks. Wasn't This I Love rumoured to be written in 1991-1993?

yep same goes for maddy wich was supposed to be written somehwere aroudn '94/'95
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 04:39:39 AM by Grouse » Logged
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2006, 04:39:34 AM »

Thanks for the info Grouse, that's what I thought about too.. so even when this 'written in 1993', or whatever the year is, doesn't necessarily mean that Slash/Duff would have anything to do with the songs, it gives a good reason to ask and discuss about it. I really don't get it why to get so mad about it..

BEEP.
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2006, 05:09:54 AM »

i think some ideas from slash will be on cd especially if this i love will be on it. but i kinda doubt we'll see this i love on cd (but that's just a personal opinion). there were recording sessions with slash in 93-94 so maybe axl kept some of his ideas.

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2006, 09:42:06 AM »

Oh boy you really need to get your facts straight....Axl did threaten with lawsuits (gonna see if I still have some magazines around here....)

Once again get your facts straight,

"Welcome to the Jungle" (Music: Slash, Rose / Lyrics: Rose) ? 4:32
"It's So Easy" (Music: McKagan, Arkeen / Lyrics: McKagan, Arkeen ) ? 3:21
"Nightrain" (Music: Stradlin, McKagan, Rose, Slash, Adler / Lyrics: McKagan, Rose) ? 4:26
"Out Ta Get Me" (Music: Slash, Rose, Stradlin / Lyrics: Rose, Stradlin) ? 4:20
"Mr. Brownstone" (Music: Stradlin, Slash, Adler / Lyrics: Stradlin) ? 3:46
"Paradise City" (Music: McKagan, Slash, Rose, Stradlin / Lyrics: Rose, McKagan) ? 6:45
"My Michelle" (Music: Rose, Stradlin / Lyrics: Rose) ? 3:38
"Think About You" (Music: Stradlin / Lyrics: Stradlin) ? 3:49
"Sweet Child O' Mine" (Music: Rose, Slash, Stradlin, Adler / Lyrics: Rose) ? 5:54
"You're Crazy" (Music: Slash, Stradlin, Rose / Lyrics: Rose, Stradlin) ? 3:16
"Anything Goes" (Music: Stradlin, Rose, Weber / Lyrics: Stradlin, Rose) ? 3:25
"Rocket Queen" (Music: Rose, Slash, Stradlin, Adler / Lyrics: Rose, Stradlin) ? 6:14

Talk about presenting an alternate history. You sir, have shown yourself to be quite the axl fanboy in this thread? yes

The most common denominator there I see is Rose & Stradlin.

i think some ideas from slash will be on cd especially if this i love will be on it. but i kinda doubt we'll see this i love on cd (but that's just a personal opinion). there were recording sessions with slash in 93-94 so maybe axl kept some of his ideas.

Ideas from Slash on CD?

You've lost it. I can't even wrap my mind around how insane & Slash fanboy that is.

Anyways, sorry if I upset anyone.

I'll leave you nuts alone in this thread.

peace

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: