Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:30:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The General being released (perhaps B-side)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The General being released (perhaps B-side)  (Read 33713 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2023, 02:48:11 PM »

Not sure where this rumor originated.  Huh

How likely is it that they won't put out the track? Both Absurd and Hard Skool were released to radio and streaming. The only tracks not available are the live tracks on the singles.

But this isn't a live track. I'm assuming they'll release it to radio as well?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2023, 03:38:33 PM »

How likely is it that they won't put out the track? Both Absurd and Hard Skool were released to radio and streaming. The only tracks not available are the live tracks on the singles.

I have yet to hear any of the 3 new singles on the radio, ever.  And Philly hardly hurts for rock stations.

In fact, in my life I have never heard, not one time, anything on the radio from CD or TSI?

Shit, even going a far back to the UYI singles, I think the latest one I ever heard on the radio here was 'November Rain'.  Released February 1992.

But we are getting off track here. 

I certainly hope that 'The General' will be on those services.  Just seeing who knew what. 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2023, 04:41:11 PM »

I've heard Hard Skool on the radio quite a few times when it came out. I have yet to hear Perhaps, but I didn't really listen to the radio that much since it came out. I've even heard Better a few months ago (fan request).
Erick
Headliner

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2023, 11:20:46 AM »

so much time offline

I believe there will even be a new album in November.
The launch dynamics have changed
Perhaps it's a beautiful song and The General will possibly be the kind of song that touches the soul like TWAT. Here in Brazil, I listen to Chinese every day. It will be the album that Axl will remember as a great musician.

Just waiting for them to come back
I went to Rock n Rio 2001, and then to all the shows in São Paulo that they had. Last I had the opportunity to take my children. My daughter is 17 and my son is 10.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2023, 06:45:24 PM »

I’ve heard Hard Skool and Perhaps a fair amount of times on the radio here in NJ, never Absurd, but I think that’s for obvious reasons.  I don’t think a clean version of that song got sent to radio. 
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2023, 07:25:05 PM »

/jarmo

The source from what I can tell is the same Italian site that were first to report Perhaps being pushed back a week. Going on second hand translations since I don't speak the language I don't think they mention radio. Just no digital or CD release  I would assume digital includes streaming but maybe they meant downloadable, and it will still go to YouTube and Spotify.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2023, 03:45:22 AM »

Not sure where this rumor originated.  Huh

/jarmo

The source from what I can tell is the same Italian site that were first to report Perhaps being pushed back a week. Going on second hand translations since I don't speak the language I don't think they mention radio. Just no digital or CD release  I would assume digital includes streaming but maybe they meant downloadable, and it will still go to YouTube and Spotify.

well if u need some fine translation from italian give me the link  Grin
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2023, 06:29:49 AM »

I have yet to hear any of the 3 new singles on the radio, ever.  And Philly hardly hurts for rock stations.

In fact, in my life I have never heard, not one time, anything on the radio from CD or TSI?

Shit, even going a far back to the UYI singles, I think the latest one I ever heard on the radio here was 'November Rain'.  Released February 1992.

I certainly hope that 'The General' will be on those services.  Just seeing who knew what.  

Then your radio stations are a little bit whack or you are SUPER unlucky.  Maybe they hold a GnR grudge? No idea.

I've heard 2 of the 3 new tracks on the radio....just haven't heard Absurd.

I've heard CD (the title track), IRS, and TWAT several times on the radio and I've heard Hair of the Dog and Since I don't have you from TSI.  All in the past year or two (and I don't listen to the radio that often).

I'm pretty sure The General, if it is going to be released, will be released to the radio (and thus, there will be digital versions available).
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 06:31:30 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
shaundix
Opening Act

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2023, 10:45:23 AM »

I heard Perhaps played on UK radio the other evening while driving in the car.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2023, 11:16:09 AM »

/jarmo

The source from what I can tell is the same Italian site that were first to report Perhaps being pushed back a week. Going on second hand translations since I don't speak the language I don't think they mention radio. Just no digital or CD release  I would assume digital includes streaming but maybe they meant downloadable, and it will still go to YouTube and Spotify.

https://radiorock.it/guns-n-roses-la-nuova-the-general-non-sara-disponibile-in-streaming-e-in-digitale/

Pretty sure based off the URL alone they do say streaming and digital
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2023, 12:08:35 PM »

/jarmo

https://radiorock.it/guns-n-roses-la-nuova-the-general-non-sara-disponibile-in-streaming-e-in-digitale/

Going by Google translate, the article says no streaming platforms or digital sale. It also says that the source is the same insider as the one reporting that the Perhaps release was pushed back a week.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2023, 12:14:19 PM »

philly stations hold a grudge.

Specifically wmmr for a handful of reasons, the cancelled show in 02, axl’s general behavior, and I think also because of the song one in a million. They did have one DJ who was friends with one of the CD era members and would speak positively of the band, but I don’t even know if he’s still on the radio.

When they released better the station played it three times that day only to trash it during those three plays and then never played it again.. Other than that I’ve only ever heard them play the standard hits, which are probably obligated through contract. Or at least that was when I listened to radio. It’s been probably a decade at this point since I’ve cared to.

I have yet to hear any of the 3 new singles on the radio, ever.  And Philly hardly hurts for rock stations.

Shit, even going a far back to the UYI singles, I think the latest one I ever heard on the radio here was 'November Rain'.  Released February 1992.

I certainly hope that 'The General' will be on those services.  Just seeing who knew what.  

Then your radio stations are a little bit whack or you are SUPER unlucky.  Maybe they hold a GnR grudge? No idea.

I've heard 2 of the 3 new tracks on the radio....just haven't heard Absurd.

I've heard CD (the title track), IRS, and TWAT several times on the radio and I've heard Hair of the Dog and Since I don't have you from TSI.  All in the past year or two (and I don't listen to the radio that often).

I'm pretty sure The General, if it is going to be released, will be released to the radio (and thus, there will be digital versions available).
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 12:15:57 PM by kunzerd » Logged

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2023, 12:51:05 PM »

/jarmo

Going by Google translate, the article says no streaming platforms or digital sale. It also says that the source is the same insider as the one reporting that the Perhaps release was pushed back a week.

yep correct
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2023, 06:33:10 PM »

I heard Perhaps in a bar a few weeks ago.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2023, 03:22:36 PM »

This was where I was headed with my question.  Thanks for the info.

'The General' is the only hook to buy the vinyl single.  If I can get it on Apple or Spotify, where is my incentive for the vinyl?

Looks like I will have to rip this off YouTube.  Sorry, GNR.  I'd support you if you didn't release things in a format that has not been the standard since I was in grade school.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2023, 03:46:40 PM »

I would be really surprised if they didn't release it in digital format. The question is, will they release it before Oct. 27?
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2023, 04:38:26 PM »

I have yet to hear any of the 3 new singles on the radio, ever.  And Philly hardly hurts for rock stations.

Shit, even going a far back to the UYI singles, I think the latest one I ever heard on the radio here was 'November Rain'.  Released February 1992.

I certainly hope that 'The General' will be on those services.  Just seeing who knew what. 

Sadly as a New Yorker commercial rock radio is relegated to 104.3 classic rock and if you live north of NYC maybe you get 95.1 again classic rock and they never play new stuff even if its from bands that get played alot on those stations like I don't think they play anything from U2 after It's a Beautiful day era or anything past 2000 metallica not sure if they have played the new Stones song but probably not.  I would have to hear it on satellite radio at best to hear CD era GNR. But your right CD or TSI for that matter doesn't get  radio play.
shadowofthewave
Opening Act

« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2023, 03:09:11 PM »

WMMR Philly played Hard Skool daily for a couple of weeks in 2021, and has played Perhaps daily for the last week.
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2023, 01:45:04 PM »

There's talk in Gunner circles that the Perhaps vinyl with The General as a B-Side is being delayed one week out from shipment.

@jarmo: Is there anyway to confirm or contradict this?

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2023, 05:47:07 AM »

There's talk in Gunner circles that the Perhaps vinyl with The General as a B-Side is being delayed one week out from shipment.

@jarmo: Is there anyway to confirm or contradict this?

Time will confirm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: