Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:32:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  04/06 - Gods of Metal Fesitval,Italy
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 04/06 - Gods of Metal Fesitval,Italy  (Read 43184 times)
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #180 on: June 05, 2006, 12:21:37 PM »

I've come to feel that Tommy Stinson is really the #2 guy behind Axl. He's easily the most independently famous member in the band (Dizzy's fame comes from being a minor role player in the old GN'R, and the live NIN players (Robin) never got much notoreity)- and we know he's stood up to Axl already and lived to tell the story (showing me that Axl values greatly what Tommy brings to the band and that he wields a certain level of power and influence that I can't imagine that the other players have)

I still think Robin is the soul of this band, musically anyway. Better is a prime example of it. He would be the biggest loss to this band if he ever left. Brian May said he was brought in (after Robin quit) because Axl was so emotionally attached to Robins work and couldn't listen to it.

And Robin left in '99. He was called back - despite the bitter comments he gave to the press while touring with NIN. He stood up for Axl after MSG '02. He's still in the band. Not taking anything away from Tommy, but he's not the only one in the band who dares to call a spade a spade in front of Axl.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #181 on: June 05, 2006, 12:29:23 PM »

well these are the board members who are going :

Damir, leila, Lucs, Nik?, Steph, tonya_ytzerman

But I don't think anyone is gonna give live updates  Undecided

Well I started the lives update for GNRFrance but then I ran out of money on my cell phone Tongue

The show was just great ! I'll soon put online a great video of My Michelle filmed by Skippy from GNRFrance Cool

Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #182 on: June 05, 2006, 12:31:44 PM »

someone who attented the show wrote that someone threw a bracelet on stage which said "out ta get me", and then axl wore it and dedicated that song to that person who threw it. so no "fuck you" on a metal

Well I read "Fuck Me" on the bracelet, but I was pretty far... but some friends of mine who were just in front of the stage read "Fuck Me" too !

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #183 on: June 05, 2006, 01:35:42 PM »

Did Axl actually sing "Don't cry" or did Bumblefoot just play it again??
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #184 on: June 05, 2006, 02:04:34 PM »

Bumblefoot played it in is entirety and sang it too (but not in front of the mic), to lead the audience into the song...

Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #185 on: June 05, 2006, 02:11:13 PM »

Yup, the audience sang it, it's a really cool moment ! The audience seemed to like it ! Cool

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #186 on: June 05, 2006, 02:31:42 PM »

I'd rather have Axl Rose and the rest of the band playing it than have Ron just jamming it out..........

that would at least add another illusion song to the setlist.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #187 on: June 05, 2006, 02:51:29 PM »

I'd rather have Axl Rose and the rest of the band playing it than have Ron just jamming it out..........

that would at least add another illusion song to the setlist.
I understand the point you're making here but I think having Bumblefoot play it as part of his solo and having the audience sing it is the perfect way for them to make an instant "GNR rapport" between 'the new guy' and the fans.? IMO, a very smart move.? ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #188 on: June 05, 2006, 02:57:14 PM »

I've come to feel that Tommy Stinson is really the #2 guy behind Axl. He's easily the most independently famous member in the band (Dizzy's fame comes from being a minor role player in the old GN'R, and the live NIN players (Robin) never got much notoreity)- and we know he's stood up to Axl already and lived to tell the story (showing me that Axl values greatly what Tommy brings to the band and that he wields a certain level of power and influence that I can't imagine that the other players have)

I still think Robin is the soul of this band, musically anyway. Better is a prime example of it. He would be the biggest loss to this band if he ever left. Brian May said he was brought in (after Robin quit) because Axl was so emotionally attached to Robins work and couldn't listen to it.

And Robin left in '99. He was called back - despite the bitter comments he gave to the press while touring with NIN. He stood up for Axl after MSG '02. He's still in the band. Not taking anything away from Tommy, but he's not the only one in the band who dares to call a spade a spade in front of Axl.

Robin was bitter because of all his hard work and still not album in site at the time, that is why robin, josh and billy left the band

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #189 on: June 05, 2006, 06:27:56 PM »

I honestly think C.D is the most lyrically weak song of the new batch... like "it would take a lot more time than you.. have got for masturbation".. I expect more maturity these days on the new songs.. would be better if it was ... "than you have for procrastination"... even then I still don't think the song is that strong lyrically. But, it does have a catchy intro.. and a good beat. I really don't think single material though.

Ohh, and it got good applause in NYC all 3 nights I went.

I agree that CD would not be a popular single even tho I love the song, but I think your taking the masturbation line the wrong way. He doesnt mean jerking off, he means I guess that he thinks the Chinese Government is jerking with their people, I dont know if i sound stupid, its hard to convey what I really mean. I know ax said he wrote it after he saw that movie, but I think this song, is a probably an extremely intense political song, that just uses lots of metaphors. I f im wrong i dont care, Dont flame me, its stupid when people do that.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
WolfgangII
Opening Act

The legend is never die!

« Reply #190 on: June 05, 2006, 08:02:08 PM »

Bumblefoot after the concert:

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #191 on: June 05, 2006, 08:23:46 PM »

Was there onstage more jam sessions?

PS: Ron looks vaguely 'rock star' in the above pic. Wish he'd stop smiling so much though, he's supposed to be in a 'badass' rock n roll band  Wink

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
TheGun
Headliner

A splinter in your mind.

« Reply #192 on: June 05, 2006, 11:16:19 PM »

Was there onstage more jam sessions?

PS: Ron looks vaguely 'rock star' in the above pic. Wish he'd stop smiling so much though, he's supposed to be in a 'badass' rock n roll band? Wink

What does he have to be pissed about - the guy just won the lottery  hihi
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #193 on: June 06, 2006, 09:00:31 AM »

Hey guys... I just came back in Athens. I have seen old GNR twice in the past and I have to admit that this concert has nothing to do with them. This concert was too lounge for GNR but I really had a great time. Everything was amazing. Axl gave 100% of himself and his voice was better than ever. The show didn't have much delay. It was scheduled for 22.00 and they were on stage at 22.50 - as soon as the set up was ready. The set list was:

Welcome to the jungle
It s so easy
Mr Brownstone
Live and Let Die
Robin Solo
Sweet Child of Mine
Better
Dizzy Reed Solo
Blues
You could be mine
Knockin on heaven's door
Bumblefoot solo - Don't cry (the crowd sang the whole song)
Rocket Queen
November Rain
Richard Fortus solo
Robin and Bumblefoot - U r beautiful (many people were singing this)
Out ta get me
Madagascar
My Michelle,
Patience
Robin Solo
Nightrain
IRS
Paradise city

The show ended at 01.15 - two hours and 25 minutes long!!!!

Sebastian Bach was on stage for My Michele and Nightrain and both Axl and SB seemed to have fun - AXL during the most songs used to talk to the crowd
There was a flag with Axl is God written on it and when Axl saw that said that he is not god, and if he was the 3/4 of the crowd would be girls and the rest would be pizza - I guess this was funny
Someone throw a bracelet that was saying "Fuck me" on the stage and Axl dedicated to him the out ta get me
Robin walked down to the crowd during My Michele and Bumblefoot during Paradise city

I liked the new version of Knocking on heavens door and the new songs as well (but I was surprised to see that only few people knew their lyrics)

Here are some pics - Hope you like them.

http://www.axlroseworld.com/photos/GOM

now I have to go and rest myself for a while...

« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 06:30:13 PM by blueheart » Logged

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #194 on: June 06, 2006, 09:07:59 AM »

Thanks for sending us all the updates that night!!!? ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
badapple81
« Reply #195 on: June 06, 2006, 09:10:38 AM »

blueheart thanks for that review and pics!  ok
leila
Rocker

You wrote the soundtrack to my life....

« Reply #196 on: June 06, 2006, 09:18:01 AM »

I'm still too much moved...I will never forget last Sunday night..so..I'm sorry for my bad english.. Tongue
Well,I arrived to Milan on Saturday morning and it was a very good day,I saw stratovarius,helloween,motorhead and especially great performance of def leppard and whitesnake (David Coverdale..what a legend..!!).
Just 2 hours of sleep and Sunday morning I was again there to wait for the opening of the gates.. I took the wristband and I spent the rest of the day to meet some friends,sleep on the grass and eat ice-cream..I was very nervous.. Roll Eyes
And..when the Korn show finished...what a moment..interminable minutes....and..when started WTTJ intro...the Axl's scream..oh my god..my heart was fired!!Great show!!!Axl was perfect,incredible voice,great look,was happy,he has danced ?
and he has run everywhere..and I liked very much the band..high intensity and a lot of passion....great show,incredible...I don't find the right words...I'm still excited...
Song list was very good..I'm very happy and surprised to listen a very "hungry" version of IRS!!And also..the special guest Sebastian Bach!!Some special moments:KOHD,SCOM,Nightrain,November rain,Rocket Queen,My Michelle,Out ta get me...Madagascar..but really I can't choose..I loved all!!Probably I'm not objective...I waited so much this moment...It was all so great!!Thanks Guns n' Roses!!Thanks Axl!!It was one of the most exciting moments of all my life..and now..Paris!!? ?beer
Later I'll try to post some pic...

"..when I find out all the reasons maybe I'll find another way,find another day..with all the changing seasons of my life maybe I'll get it right next time....."
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #197 on: June 06, 2006, 09:32:50 AM »

Thanks for sending us all the updates that night!!!  ok

blueheart thanks for that review and pics!? ok

beer

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #198 on: June 06, 2006, 09:35:32 AM »

Thanks for sending us all the updates that night!!!  ok

blueheart thanks for that review and pics!  ok

beer

Tell them about You're Beautiful... Noone believed me. Well, to be honest, even I didn't believe me...  Grin

blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #199 on: June 06, 2006, 10:12:48 AM »

ok... let's do that clear. Richard was doing his solo and then Robin and Ron started playing the u r beatiful...
I don't know if Richard played the whole song but I could see him playing at the beggining.
Maybe he didn t finish it or he may went somewhere on the stage that I couldn t see him anymore...

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: