Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:56:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Baz reveals more about "The General", CD, and more!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baz reveals more about "The General", CD, and more!  (Read 43623 times)
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« on: November 05, 2007, 05:33:53 PM »

hey all when i saw this up on CD.com i about pissed myself with glee Grin

anyway, heres the artical that was re-typed by guns_n_motley-

in the new metal edge november/december edition. I typed up the part about Chinese democracy.

Well, Ive heard the six tracks that were leaked, and they're amazing

Bach: But those arent the final versions. he laughed about those. those arent the record. those are some other version of whatever. One of my favorite songs - I asked axl if I could mention the song titles and he said "fine"--and one of my favorite songs is this song called "the general" which is so, its by far the heaviest metal tune I think ive ever heard axl do, this slow grinding riff with these high peircing vocals, screaming vocals. I was like , when is this coming out? and he said "2012" I was like dude, your killin me! He goes, "well this comes out on the third record. it relates to this song, its a trilogy, this goes with this lyrically." hes got it all figured out, hes just different than other people. he does thingso n his own time, in his own way, but you know...the worlds not prepared for what ive heard from this guy. its got the grandness and the epic-ness of november rain but with the snarl, the attitude of appetite. because the album that ive heard, alot of the drumming is by brain, who plays so heavy and mean. its a really...grand is the word for it, but its still got that attitude. Theres some great music comin' your way. My album meanwhile is 100 percent comin out on november 20. thats 100 percentile. its done, its mastered, ive got it on my fucking ipod and its ready to go.

and another question

Do you ever get him on the phone and say "will you just put your fuckin record out already?"

Bach: I said that to him once, and it was one of the only times he bristled at me. He goes "Oh, everybody, sebastians got a great fucking idea. Hey! I should put out a record! Thanks, man what would I do without you dude...thats awesome." I was like Ok, I get it. Ill never say that again. see, the thing that nobody gets, that I get, is that he has like four albums Done. Ive heard it. So get ready! All you people who dont think hes gonna put out a record are sadly mistaken. He just takes his time. its his album. axl does what he wants to do, thats the way it is. And just cause you havent heard it doesnt mean its not done.

when i read that part about "The General", isn't that the same thing he said about "Sorry"?

peace
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 05:35:26 PM by CHINESE DEMOCRACY eventually » Logged

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 05:44:45 PM »

great fucking stuff, gotta lov tha baz

Bach: But those arent the final versions. he laughed about those. those arent the record. those are some other version of whatever. One of my favorite songs - I asked axl if I could mention the song titles and he said "fine"--and one of my favorite songs is this song called "the general" which is so, its by far the heaviest metal tune I think ive ever heard axl do, this slow grinding riff with these high peircing vocals, screaming vocals. I was like , when is this coming out? and he said "2012" I was like dude, your killin me! He goes, "well this comes out on the third record. it relates to this song, its a trilogy, this goes with this lyrically."
[/i]

Iprobably read too much in to that buuut...
I understood it like axl's plan is that the third album will be out 2012, (wich in my world means second album maybe will be out 2010 and first 2008? Cheesy pure speculation of course) at first i thought it was a joke from axl but then i as i said read maybe too much in to it hihi
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 05:48:54 PM »

Wow thats awesome...Hopefully its true

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 05:49:39 PM »

If the third album is gonna come out in 2012, I suppose there's a 2 year break between the other albums, so 2008 will be the year of the first one, right? Grin

Thanks for the info.. Hope it's true about this interview. Smiley

Edited: CheapJon beat me. Tongue

CSS
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 05:50:35 PM »

Thanks for posting.

Also: GN'R fans tend to read into things way too much... hihi
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 05:50:47 PM »

hey all when i saw this up on CD.com i about pissed myself with glee Grin

anyway, heres the artical that was re-typed by guns_n_motley-

in the new metal edge november/december edition. I typed up the part about Chinese democracy.

Well, Ive heard the six tracks that were leaked, and they're amazing

Bach: But those arent the final versions. he laughed about those. those arent the record. those are some other version of whatever. One of my favorite songs - I asked axl if I could mention the song titles and he said "fine"--and one of my favorite songs is this song called "the general" which is so, its by far the heaviest metal tune I think ive ever heard axl do, this slow grinding riff with these high peircing vocals, screaming vocals. I was like , when is this coming out? and he said "2012" I was like dude, your killin me! He goes, "well this comes out on the third record. it relates to this song, its a trilogy, this goes with this lyrically." hes got it all figured out, hes just different than other people. he does thingso n his own time, in his own way, but you know...the worlds not prepared for what ive heard from this guy. its got the grandness and the epic-ness of november rain but with the snarl, the attitude of appetite. because the album that ive heard, alot of the drumming is by brain, who plays so heavy and mean. its a really...grand is the word for it, but its still got that attitude. Theres some great music comin' your way. My album meanwhile is 100 percent comin out on november 20. thats 100 percentile. its done, its mastered, ive got it on my fucking ipod and its ready to go.

and another question

Do you ever get him on the phone and say "will you just put your fuckin record out already?"

Bach: I said that to him once, and it was one of the only times he bristled at me. He goes "Oh, everybody, sebastians got a great fucking idea. Hey! I should put out a record! Thanks, man what would I do without you dude...thats awesome." I was like Ok, I get it. Ill never say that again. see, the thing that nobody gets, that I get, is that he has like four albums Done. Ive heard it. So get ready! All you people who dont think hes gonna put out a record are sadly mistaken. He just takes his time. its his album. axl does what he wants to do, thats the way it is. And just cause you havent heard it doesnt mean its not done.

when i read that part about "The General", isn't that the same thing he said about "Sorry"?

peace

You are correct, sir. ?He also said that "Sorry" had a slow, grinding beat. ?A beat he could not get out of his head.

Ali
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 05:54:48 PM »

peace

You are correct, sir. ?He also said that "Sorry" had a slow, grinding beat. ?A beat he could not get out of his head.

Ali

yeah and he said sorry had high peircing vocals, screaming vocals..

but he also said sorry was more like doom metal

and general was "its by far the heaviest metal tune I think ive ever heard axl do" wich to me means fast drums and shit.. also didn't someone say that the general was brains favourite song or something or that it erally showed brains skillz or something?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 05:55:34 PM »

God Damn you made my day!  Whatever will the negative fucks (who throw out the $13 million or $15 million figure for one album) do when they find out there are 4 albums all made for between 3 and 4 mill. a piece???   Huh

This really did make my day, thanks for posting.   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 05:56:53 PM »

Ali

so would that mean that both songs are like that or is it posible that he got his titles messed up?

and the same thing was said at CD.com, if the last one falls in 2012 then maybe the second in 2010 and the first in 2008, but what i don't understand is WHY have it spread out over a course of 6years?

why not release one album every 6 or 7 months?

Thanks for posting.

no problem, but the credit goes to guns_n_motley at CD.com for re-typing it

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
CSS
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 05:57:13 PM »

also didn't someone say that the general was brains favourite song or something or that it erally showed brains skillz or something?

Brain: "Watch out for a song called The General".

That was taken from an Internet chat with him back in 2002/2003 when asked about his favorite track on 'Chinese Democracy'.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 06:02:14 PM »

http://aycu35.webshots.com/image/32634/2005390166215235814_rs.jpg

I scanned in the article
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 06:04:54 PM »

becayse maybe there are too many awesome songs.. like why release album number 2 when there's still enough great songs to release as singles on album one.. you know.. that can be one reason.. to be honest i would do the same thing and release a new record every second year.. and maybe the world aint ready for all at the same time Tongue hihi
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 06:06:59 PM »

Really cool interview, i'm excited now!
madagas
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 06:07:19 PM »

This guy is fuckin' killin me. drool
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 06:09:40 PM »

All we need is just a little patience....

Damnit. Stupid lyrics being right....
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 06:11:01 PM »

becayse maybe there are too many awesome songs.. like why release album number 2 when there's still enough great songs to release as singles on album one.. you know.. that can be one reason.. to be honest i would do the same thing and release a new record every second year.. and maybe the world aint ready for all at the same time Tongue hihi

yeah but think about it, all of us G'n'R fans can't wait when G'n'R are back on top, well whos to say they will get that high again?

i hate to say it but we're all assum(e)ing that it'll be this epic thing that will blow away everything else out there. Don't get me wrong i hope it will more than anything be bigger and better than anything EVER but still, thats just us talking.

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 06:11:48 PM »

thanks for re-typing and scanning the article man ok

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007, 06:16:56 PM »

Bach: I said that to him once, and it was one of the only times he bristled at me. He goes "Oh, everybody, sebastians got a great fucking idea. Hey! I should put out a record! Thanks, man what would I do without you dude...thats awesome."

Haha. That's funny. hihi

Poor Baz.  Wink

Thanks for the scan.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2007, 06:17:48 PM »

yeah but think about it, all of us G'n'R fans can't wait when G'n'R are back on top, well whos to say they will get that high again?

i hate to say it but we're all assum(e)ing that it'll be this epic thing that will blow away everything else out there. Don't get me wrong i hope it will more than anything be bigger and better than anything EVER but still, thats just us talking.

If it's not a commercial succes and doesn't blow the emo and rap crap out of here i don't care, it's not axl's musics fault, it's the people who don't realize what good and not hihi? to be honest i don't care about those people.. as long as we the fans like it and the bands like it that's what matters, i'm sure i will love it, if it's a big commercial succes , well congratulations to axl and the record company and everybody involved
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2007, 06:23:09 PM »

Wow, unbelievable description of the General. Wow....can't wait.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: