Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:21:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns tour in the works???
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns tour in the works???  (Read 37220 times)
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2008, 08:29:25 AM »

I hope it is true Smiley

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
alex_27
Opening Act

I SAY FUCK THAT

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2008, 08:42:08 AM »

Nobody remeber us. Come on, South America havent seen GNR yet. (except brazil).
Axl, we are waiting for you here. Dont forget us. Argentina!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 08:44:26 AM by alex_27 » Logged

GONNA CALL THE PRESIDENT
GONNA CALL THE PRIVATE EYE
GONNA GET THE IRS
GONNA GET THE FBI
axl in lafayette
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2008, 01:05:28 PM »

Anything other than some details about CD would be incredibly dissapoiting to me...
ben9785
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2008, 04:52:25 PM »

Well any news is good. If its a tour announcement, then at least thats a step in the right direction then sitting back and wondering whats going on.

I'm not sure how many more new songs we'll be seeing yet until the release of the album, but hopefully they'll start to do all of the new songs live, kind of like that first Hammerstein set-list.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2008, 06:35:36 PM »

If I was an established rock star and had a lot of creative control over the music and tour ( like Axl does) how cool would it be to tour places off the beaten path & take in the people and its culture for a little while?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2008, 06:49:02 PM »

That guy was me....

and it's all part of something that's going to happen soon. in the next few days/week.  perhaps before the 17th, of a bit after there is going to be an anouncement.

and If I'm wrong.. Im ready to take the blame.
but from what I've been told. Stuff are finaly in good motion for the year.

Peace

How soon after the 2002 MTV appearance did they announce the tour?

I think it's funny how nobody is suggesting a possible surprise Grammy appearance to tie in with this latest 'news soon' rumor. Artists love to follow surprise appearances, shows, etc. up with BIG NEWS (especially tour news) in the following days.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2008, 06:53:56 PM »

I really hope the news is about the album and not just another tour. How many times can they tour without the album. Why tour without the album.

I want to hear all the new songs on the studio album. I dont want to hear any new songs on some crappy bootleg. We have pretty much heard half the album. Atleast keep the other half as a surprise. I can live with a tour only if the album has a set release date and it comes out during the tour.

gnrjanus.....are you expecting just a tour announcement or will it be more than that in your estimation. Thanks for the heads up.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2008, 07:03:40 PM »

How many times can they tour without the album. Why tour without the album.

Yeah, why play live in front of your fans at all? Why would anybody play in front of their fans when they can just sit at home?

Stupid question in my opinion.

GN'R is often compared to Metallica for some reason.

Like Metallica is some kind of template for how things should be done.

Yet, they tour without the new album out.

Metallica is gonna do their third "Escape from the studio / Sick of the studio / We need to get out of here / Let's go on tour this summer" tour since their last "proper" tour in support of the St Anger album ended.

I wonder if their fans are as upset as you?

I want to hear all the new songs on the studio album. I dont want to hear any new songs on some crappy bootleg.

Who's forcing you to do anything?

Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2008, 07:08:54 PM »

And Chinese will far surpass anything Metallica has put out in the 16 years. I'm a huge Metallica fan, but yeesh.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2008, 07:17:41 PM »

Are you going to hijack every opinion of mine Jarmo?

I dont care if you get off on seeing GNR playing in Poland or wherever. I dont. I will get off on Gnr on tour when the album is out. Then I would love to see them tour the world. Every inch, every corner.

Me, as a gnr fan, I want the next press release to be about the album. Im sorry you dont feel that way. But I do Grin

Does Gnr owe that to me? Nope. Am I expecting the next press release to announce an official release date? Nope.

No1 is forcing me to do anything. But when you know your band has been struggling to release an album is really hard to not download the leaks.

If there were no leaks, no tours_or atleast no playing of the new songs), the surprise and excitement would have been 1000x greater than it will be when we get it. Although it still will be great even though we have heard almost half.

all the new songs are great but they are taken for granted by most. Including myself. If everythig was released a once it would have been an unimaginable experience.

So hopefully gnr will spare me and salvage the rest of the album for me and not play any more tunes until its released.

But I can hope for it. Thats what I would like to see happen. Its the same story year after year. We all hope for that 1 press release that announces what we all want. You can get excited about a gnr show in poland but im not. Ill hope for the press release MOST  gnr fans have been waiting for.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2008, 07:25:30 PM »

a european tour would be good now

in 06/07 it started with 4 us shows, a european tour, then a mini us tour, then a full us tour, then a break and a mexican/australian/japanese tour

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2008, 07:28:51 PM »

I dont care if you get off on seeing GNR playing in Poland or wherever. I dont.

Maybe because you're selfish?

Me, as a gnr fan, I want the next press release to be about the album. Im sorry you dont feel that way. But I do Grin

Me, as a GN'R fan, want GN'R to do whatever the fuck they wanna do.

No1 is forcing me to do anything.

Exactly.

Nobody's making you download "crappy bootlegs". You choose to.

Nobody's forcing you to "wait" either.

You can get excited about a gnr show in poland but im not. 

As a fan, I get excited when GN'R, my favorite band, does things. It might not affect me directly, but I'd much rather read posts from happy/ecstatic fans who attended shows than more of the same posts from you.

You want the album, how many times can you state it? We get it.

Ever tried repeating it really fast while holding your breath? Maybe it'll be out faster!  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ben9785
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2008, 07:46:30 PM »

There's two sides to it. If they go around the world again and pick up the tour where it left off in Japan, then that's OK, at least it means people will get to enjoy the band and have fun at the gigs, and I'm sure there are GNR fans out there who aren't really nagging for more new songs or an album - they just go to enjoy it for what it is, to hear Axl singing the classics. I'd love to see them come down to Australia again. The Sydney gig was one of the best I've been to. Most important though, at least we know that Axl is still interested in GNR, and any GNR activity is better than nothing, right..

As I've mentioned before though; if Axl wants the new GNR lineup to have its own identity and look to the future with new material rather than playing a Greatest Hits set, then it would be nice to have something new to promote the forthcoming tours. It doesn't have to be a single or an album - if they went so far as to post the studio version of a brand new song on the website for free streaming download, I'm sure that would be of benefit to all people no matter how significant their interest in GNR is.

The "old" GNR fans would have a taste of new material and maintain some interest in Axl's future, rather than just what they believe is a "non-existant" album, based on tabloids and rumours that they hear

Casual fans of the band and general music fans would have a new song to enjoy and rave about

And the more serious fans such as ourselves would be pleased with something to indicate that things are going forward.

Hopefully the release of a new song in such a format could also coincide with a promo CD that is issued to radio stations for them to play officially rather than sneaking in illegal demo mp3s
TWAT RULES
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2008, 08:14:46 PM »

younggun.....i agree with pretty much everything you said.  another chinese democracy tour w/o a cd would be so counter-productive.  100% of the focus should be on new music.  the next tour should be almost exclusively new songs.  it's an embarrassment to the members of the band and the fans of the new band that they are forced to play songs that they did not write or record when they have 4 cds worth of tunes that do belong to the new band (that they aren't allowed to play live yet for whatever fucked up reason)  i personally have no interest in seeing robin finck play slash's guitar parts, i want to see him play his own shit.  the music is there, it's fucking kickass music, play the new shit!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 08:16:49 PM by TWAT RULES » Logged
lakersaregreat
Ever get the feeling you've seen me here before?
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2008, 08:20:57 PM »

younggun.....i agree with pretty much everything you said.  another chinese democracy tour w/o a cd would be so counter-productive.  100% of the focus should be on new music.  the next tour should be almost exclusively new songs.  it's an embarrassment to the members of the band and the fans of the new band that they are forced to play songs that they did not write or record when they have 4 cds worth of tunes that do belong to the new band (that they aren't allowed to play live yet for whatever fucked up reason)  i personally have no interest in seeing robin finck play slash's guitar parts, i want to see him play his own shit.  the music is there, it's fucking kickass music, play the new shit!!!!!!  it does seem like that jarmo dude has something bad to say about everyone's opinions except his own.  he should be axl's publicist he's so far up his ass with his opinions.  if axl was doing things the right way then every band would wait several years to release a cd and every band would do multiple world tours behind an album whose release date is nowhere in sight.

I agree 100%. The "new" line up kicks the old line ups ass and they should have a venue to show off their own talents and not playing music written and played by others. Robin, Tommy, Brain, Richard, Chris, and Ron are great and they should be doing all new stuff to get out of the olds shadow...Am I a hater for saying that? Younggunner and TWAT made valid and true points and jarmo rips them a new one?

Drink n' drive white lightning, faster baby...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2008, 08:49:06 PM »

Younggunner and TWAT made valid and true points and jarmo rips them a new one?

Because sometimes it's not about what you want them to do for you?

"I want this, I want that"

What happened to "ok, so they wanna do that and it's fine with me"?

It's pretty simple. If GN'R goes on tour before the new album is out and you don't like it, don't fucking go. You really have that choice! Isn't it amazing? ok

But we both know, you'll be there if GN'R plays in NYC before the album is out.....

The whole idea of "I don't wanna hear them play old songs" makes no sense to me. Ask concert goers if they expect to hear Paradise City at a GN'R show. Do you honestly think they'll say "no, it was by the old band?"

They can never win this fight. We have people like you who want them to play 99% new songs, and you probably don't care that a big part of the audience only know the hits. So your ideal set will leave a lot of confused people.

I must be stupid, I just want the band to play whatever they feel like playing. If they wanna play 99% new material at shows, cool. I'm sure I'll enjoy it just like I've enjoyed all the GN'R shows I've been to.

I never saw anybody at the shows being upset when the band played Welcome To The Jungle, Sweet Child O' Mine, My Michelle, Nightrain or Paradise City.

This whole thread is about a fucking rumor and already the setlist whiners are out in force. Amazing!

Could you for once try to understand that the band could actually decide themselves what they think is the best for them to play? Is it possible that they know what might work and what not at any given time?

But it's like Axl said, he doesn't play for the people who sit at home whining about the setlists.  Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 08:59:56 PM by jarmo » Logged

lakersaregreat
Ever get the feeling you've seen me here before?
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2008, 09:07:11 PM »

Younggunner and TWAT made valid and true points and jarmo rips them a new one?

Because sometimes it's not about what you want them to do for you?

"I want this, I want that"

What happened to "ok, so they wanna do that and it's fine with me"?

It's pretty simple. If GN'R goes on tour before the new album is out and you don't like it, don't fucking go. You really have that choice! Isn't it amazing? ok

But we both know, you'll be there if GN'R plays in NYC before the album is out.....

The whole idea of "I don't wanna hear them play old songs" makes no sense to me. Ask concert goers if they expect to hear Paradise City at a GN'R show. Do you honestly think they'll say "no, it was by the old band?"

They can never win this fight. We have people like you who want them to play 99% new songs, and you probably don't care that a big part of the audience only know the hits. So your ideal set will leave a lot of confused people.

I must be stupid, I just want the band to play whatever they feel like playing. If they wanna play 99% new material at shows, cool. I'm sure I'll enjoy it just like I've enjoyed all the GN'R shows I've been to.

I never saw anybody at the shows being upset when the band played Welcome To The Jungle, Sweet Child O' Mine, My Michelle, Nightrain or Paradise City.

This whole thread is about a fucking rumor and already the setlist whiners are out in force. Amazing!

Could you for once try to understand that the band could actually decide themselves what they think is the best for them to play? Is it possible that they know what might work and what not at any given time?

But it's like Axl said, he doesn't play for the people who sit at home whining about the setlists.  Smiley

/jarmo

dude, relax. i never said i wouldnt go. of course i'd go. all i said is that YG and TWAT made some valid points about this rumor and what they thought about it. that's it. as far as im concerned, yes, id like a new set list and a new album. but if they dont do either and just tour, then that's great also and i'll be at those shows....

Drink n' drive white lightning, faster baby...
TWAT RULES
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2008, 09:08:10 PM »

good points jarmo, but this is a different band.  if people want to see 20 year old songs played live then go out and buy the tokyo dvds.  i've seen the original band several times and while i love those songs with a passion, i'm ready to turn the page.  the new band is fucking unreal, there is fucking sick music out there and it needs to be unleashed.  i'm sure the band members would have much more passion playing new songs that are "their songs" rather than playing old tunes that they didn't write, which in turn would make for a better live performance.  sure, axl can do whatever the fuck he wants to do, but the only way the new band will get their own identity is to play their own shit.  it is very difficult to get a crowd into music that hasn't been released, no matter how good it is......which is why getting the cd out should be 100% of the focus in my opinion.  once the cd is out and the new songs fucking smash people upside the head, those tunes will be huge live....i'd much rather wait as long as it takes for the cd to be released and then get a tour with alot of new shit played live than have another tour now.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2008, 09:08:57 PM »

dude, relax. i never said i wouldnt go. of course i'd go. all i said is that YG and TWAT made some valid points about this rumor and what they thought about it. that's it. as far as im concerned, yes, id like a new set list and a new album. but if they dont do either and just tour, then that's great also and i'll be at those shows....

Well then it sounds like you agree with me. That you respect the band enough to let them decide what they wanna do.

Yes/No?

if people want to see 20 year old songs played live then go out and buy the tokyo dvds.

It works pretty well for The Rolling Stones.....

You say it's a new band. But it's still GN'R.

GN'R plays GN'R songs.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 09:11:03 PM by jarmo » Logged

TWAT RULES
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2008, 09:16:09 PM »

the stones have more than 1 original member in the band....bad comparison
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: