Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:25:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Las Vegas - Sep 16 update thread
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Las Vegas - Sep 16 update thread  (Read 170197 times)
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #660 on: September 18, 2006, 01:12:39 PM »

This is what a Rock n' Roll show is about.

I thought rock n' roll was about doing whatever the fuck you want to and not caring what somebody thinks you should be doing at your live shows....

/jarmo

Precisely, jarmo.? You go to see a GNR show and you get what Axl wants to give you - as he said himself at one of the European shows (forget which one), "This isn't have it your way".? But then, of course, it never was.? Only one man decides the course of a GNR show and it isn't a member of the audience!

If you don't get what you were hoping for (especially when it's your first live show) and the months or maybe years of anticipation come crashing down around your ears, I do understand that it must be frustrating.? But, the brutal truth is that no amount of complaining on these boards will change Axl's mind - in fact, I'd guess that if he ever does get to hear of it, it'd make him more determined that ever to continue on his own sweet path; stubborn bugger that he is (allegedly!). ?hihi

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
spuddy1
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #661 on: September 18, 2006, 01:18:50 PM »

This is what a Rock n' Roll show is about.

I thought rock n' roll was about doing whatever the fuck you want to and not caring what somebody thinks you should be doing at your live shows....

I really suggest you take your "discussion" to the Dead Horse section instead of polluting multiple threads in the GN'R section with the same fucking whining week after week.? ok

Jarmo,

I agree with nesquick, the solo's make the show lose the momentum, it seems to me you really have rose tinted glasses on, no matter what Axl does you seem to always back him up(i suppose your loyal, not knocking that) just wish you could be a little more Rock and Roll, and not be afraid to express a different point of view, without worring that axl might get upset and not read your name out on stage again, i love this board, and you probaly tell me to fuck off and join another board, but least i can see both sides to GNR, when there good i will praise them, when there not i wont.

/jarmo
spuddy1
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #662 on: September 18, 2006, 01:20:48 PM »

Jarmo,

I agree with nesquick, the solo's make the show lose the momentum, it seems to me you really have rose tinted glasses on, no matter what Axl does you seem to always back him up(i suppose your loyal, not knocking that) just wish you could be a little more Rock and Roll, and not be afraid to express a different point of view, without worring that axl might get upset and not read your name out on stage again, i love this board, and you probaly tell me to fuck off and join another board, but least i can see both sides to GNR, when there good i will praise them, when there not i wont.

Jon
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 01:27:11 PM by spuddy1 » Logged
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #663 on: September 18, 2006, 01:23:55 PM »

I agree that there are too many solos as well.

I hope it all changes once the tour on October 23rd/24th starts.

Hopefully, we'll get ot hear all the new solos on all the new songs. ok
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #664 on: September 18, 2006, 01:29:00 PM »

I agree that there are too many solos as well.

I hope it all changes once the tour on October 23rd/24th starts.

Hopefully, we'll get ot hear all the new solos on all the new songs. ok

They need the solos so that poor *not as young as he was* Axl can take small breaks between various songs.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #665 on: September 18, 2006, 01:35:31 PM »

They need the solos so that poor *not as young as he was* Axl can take small breaks between various songs.

Cheeky sod - just you wait 'till you're past the first flush of youth.? yes

cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #666 on: September 18, 2006, 01:43:11 PM »

Jarmo,

Jon

Not wishing to put words in jarmo's mouth 'cos I know he's more than capable of answering for himself, but just because he, or I for that matter, don't agree with your view about this issue or any other, doesn't mean that it's not an honestly-held opinion.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #667 on: September 18, 2006, 01:52:17 PM »

Lose the momentum? I wonder if some of you were even around on the UYI tour.

Drum solo!

The band has had solos in the past, but I guess some of you seem to glorify the past. Which I guess is normal.

The difference now is that they all get to play something, not just the lead guitar player. We have a certain person complaining about "ego problems" in the band, but as soon as the band members get to stand in the spotlight, it's a problem.

I just don't get it.

and not be afraid to express a different point of view, without worring that axl might get upset and not read your name out on stage again

Roll Eyes

If you only knew how much I worry about that....

If you still want to continue talking about the fucking setlist in every "update" thread on this tour, I suggest you and nesquick start a new thread in the Dead Horse section right away.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #668 on: September 18, 2006, 02:24:20 PM »

But, the brutal truth is that no amount of complaining on these boards will change Axl's mind - in fact, I'd guess that if he ever does get to hear of it, it'd make him more determined that ever to continue on his own sweet path; stubborn bugger that he is (allegedly!).  hihi
hihi
A mount of whines or bashings won't change anyone's mind really but understandings and sympathies will make all the difference.
In fact, IRS and some songs were played at the request of other members.
Apparently he listens to his band mates and some other trusties (donno how often).
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #669 on: September 18, 2006, 02:33:39 PM »

Drum solo!

The band has had solos in the past, but I guess some of you seem to glorify the past. Which I guess is normal.

The difference now is that they all get to play something, not just the lead guitar player. We have a certain person complaining about "ego problems" in the band, but as soon as the band members get to stand in the spotlight, it's a problem.

I just don't get it.

and not be afraid to express a different point of view, without worring that axl might get upset and not read your name out on stage again

Roll Eyes

If you still want to continue talking about the fucking setlist in every "update" thread on this tour, I suggest you and nesquick start a new thread in the Dead Horse section right away.

/jarmo

Yeah....a ton of fans on here were in grade school, if that, when the UYI tour came around... not everyone, but a lot.....solos are nothing new....It has been an expected thing since MID 1991....be happy they are playing live and that it has been stated by AXL, IN FRONT OF CAMERAS, that CD is out this year. Have a nice day Smiley

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #670 on: September 18, 2006, 02:50:49 PM »

Drum solo!

I just don't get it.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

The difference was, Matt did a drum solo and Slash would do a solo and that would be it for the entire show. Not solo's, solo's and more solo's? hihi

..and as much as i like Buckethead (and still do) Bucketheads solo slots during 2002 were nothing more than self promotion and not Gn'R related  peace
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 02:54:16 PM by codenameninja » Logged
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #671 on: September 18, 2006, 02:51:31 PM »

Cheeky sod - just you wait 'till you're past the first flush of youth.? yes

If Axl needs to take breaks then fair enough  peace  Grin
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #672 on: September 18, 2006, 02:55:42 PM »

This whole solo thing is hilarious.

Don't people realise that during the UYI tour, solos made up an average of 15% of most shows, some more then 15%.

Even several shows from around 1988 had around 15% solos/jams (check out Phoenix '88 for example).

These figures don't include things like the bits of covers such as wild horses, which aren't songs, but I suppose they aren't solos either - these would increase the figure, (much like Bumblefoot's rendition of 'Don't Cry').

This year GNR have averaged about 19-20% solos/jams, including 'Beautiful', and 'Don't Cry' by Bumblefoot. In fact, if you don't count 'Don't Cry' which is a GN'R song anyway, that the crowd sing along to as if they were playing the song as a whole band, that figure drops to around 17%.

So... what the hell's all the whining about?

@#$%Funker
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 02:58:10 PM by Mutherfunker » Logged
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #673 on: September 18, 2006, 02:59:34 PM »

Drum solo!

I just don't get it.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

The difference was, Matt did a drum solo and Slash would do a solo and that would be it for the entire show. Not solo's, solo's and more solo's  hihi

..and as much as i like Buckethead (and still do) Bucketheads solo slots during 2002 were nothing more than self promotion and not Gn'R related  peace

yeah....  but those two solos were as long as the 3 guitar solos they`re playing now.....  which basically can be considered as intros (along with dizzy`s piano solo...)

the solos they played in holland were combined like 20 minutes long.... and i really enjoyed them to be honest.

as it looks now, robin is doing one solo before sweet child o`mine, richard and robin are doing there duett before out ta get me, dizzy is doing his piano solo before the blues and bumblefoot is doing his don`t cry solo ...somewhere in the set...

that`s not too much imo...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #674 on: September 18, 2006, 03:01:34 PM »

And a couple of other things:

People talk about interupted momentum - you do realise that back in the day solos/jams by the old band sometimes exceeded 10 minutes?

In a two and a half hour show, the difference between 15% and 20% is only aout 7 minutes. If that's what you're moaning about - jeez.

@#$%Funker
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #675 on: September 18, 2006, 03:23:28 PM »

I've been reading this thread and I dont get it.

Nesquick is a GNR fan, he has never been a hater or anything but yet when he comes on here and gives an honest review all of a sudden he is a whiner and people jump on his ass?

I didn't realize everything had to be PRO GNR and PRO Axl on this board. He went to the concert expecting a great show and he was disappointed.

He is being honest and I don't think he deserves to be ridiculed because of it.

I agree 1000 percent, I don't think the new GNR members have the stage presence or Charisma to carry a show on their own.

I know from watching boots, when Axl is singing and on stage it is great, when he leaves and u get these boring pointless solos, it sucks.

Whats wrong with being honest?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #676 on: September 18, 2006, 03:40:28 PM »

yea, while I'm a hater Roll Eyes

boots don't do justice to live performances.
better not sit in judgement on new guys until you see them live for yourself.
KillKurtzKids
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #677 on: September 18, 2006, 04:10:01 PM »

I disliked solo's back in the day, and now too. If they are needed for Axl to sound as good as he has, then so be it.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #678 on: September 18, 2006, 04:13:22 PM »

I've been reading this thread and I dont get it.

Nesquick is a GNR fan, he has never been a hater or anything but yet when he comes on here and gives an honest review all of a sudden he is a whiner and people jump on his ass?

I didn't realize everything had to be PRO GNR and PRO Axl on this board. He went to the concert expecting a great show and he was disappointed.

He is being honest and I don't think he deserves to be ridiculed because of it.

I agree 1000 percent, I don't think the new GNR members have the stage presence or Charisma to carry a show on their own.

I know from watching boots, when Axl is singing and on stage it is great, when he leaves and u get these boring pointless solos, it sucks.

Whats wrong with being honest?

Thanks dude. Smiley
Some people just don't like honnesty... I will never change for those guys. I like to call a cat "a cat". I like to be honest indeed. I've been a GN'R fan since 1991....it's been a long, long time...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 04:17:33 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #679 on: September 18, 2006, 04:22:07 PM »

Drum solo!

I just don't get it.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

The difference was, Matt did a drum solo and Slash would do a solo and that would be it for the entire show. Not solo's, solo's and more solo's? hihi

Not sure what shows you went to, but when I saw them Slash had 2 solos - The Godfather Theme and the one at the end of Double Talkin Jive, which were both pretty lengthy. Then Matt's solo, complete with band jam a la the tokyo shows. Add in Gilby's Wild Horses spot, and Slash's random moment to play Imagine or Only Women Bleed to preface Patience, and you've got approximately the same thing that you are seeing at a GNR show now.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: