Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 07:28:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Las Vegas - Sep 16 update thread
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Las Vegas - Sep 16 update thread  (Read 171198 times)
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #640 on: September 17, 2006, 07:25:48 PM »

Well, there were solos last night, but they were hardly long enough to even be considers "solos" they'd play a few notes then it'd be on to the next song, it's not like everytime there was a "solo" they went and played for 10 minutes.

Axl is God.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #641 on: September 17, 2006, 07:26:42 PM »

Nesquick is upset because there's three guitar players and it won't let them "shine". But then when they play individual solos that lets them shine, it's not a good thing.

Isn't it wonderful that not all bands are modelled after the same model Oasis is modelled from?

It'd be pretty boring if all bands were the same and all shows were the same kind of shows....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #642 on: September 17, 2006, 07:32:48 PM »

Well, there were solos last night, but they were hardly long enough to even be considers "solos" they'd play a few notes then it'd be on to the next song, it's not like everytime there was a "solo" they went and played for 10 minutes.

Ok, so it was different because at the Paris show,? there was about 45 minutes of solos! 45 minutes. Maybe the band has finally taken the decision to cut the solos off and/or to make them shorter? if so, i'm happy, this is a good thing ok
Oh jarmo... it's not all about the 3 guitar players thing.... stop reducing my ideas to that...it's too easy to say that, it avoids you to think, I'm just honnest. as i said, we have to say what is positive and what is negative. It's called honnesty. and for god's sake, the jams:solos: bossa nova interludes have nothing to do with the 3 guitar players thing. It's another problem.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 08:06:08 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #643 on: September 17, 2006, 07:40:21 PM »

that might be the best review ive ever read for this band. Glad some people are finally giving them some well deserved credit....

its funny how a "pro gnr" review is considered biased yet when a review bashes the band its "honesty" and the real deal.....

if u havnt seen the band go see them live. If they didnt impress you go home and follow another band. This band is a machine. And I can just feel the steam that this thing is building up. This band and album is gonan shake the genre up. Patience is a virtue and our time has come....soo n is the word

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #644 on: September 17, 2006, 07:44:43 PM »

its funny how a "pro gnr" review is considered biased yet when a review bashes the band its "honesty" and the real deal.....

That is completely wrong. That's not what I said. You take my words out of context and make a generalisation.?
I recall you, just in case, that I AM a newGNR fan. i went to their show. I paid for it. If not, I wouldn't have gone to the show, I wouldn't have been on this board for 3 or 4 years and i wouldn't have waited for ChiDem for 10 years...

if you wanna hear "Axl is God", "I cried", "Who is Slash?", "The best show of the Universe", "I though I died, i cried like a baby during all the show" etc... fine. But don't count on me to be in that kind of things. I'm 25. let's be serious. That's not the reality. and that's not the truth. That's beeing exessive and biaised. That's not analizing seriously the situation. and the most important, that's not beeing fair and honest with Axl and Co. I think they need the fans to tell them the truth. Both good and bad things. You wanna hear a good thing? in my opinion, the new songs are very good. they sounded very good in Paris. You see, it's not all about bad things, but when there are some, it's better to say they exist than to hide the truth.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 08:02:46 PM by nesquick » Logged

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #645 on: September 17, 2006, 07:53:16 PM »

i wasnt talking about you. i was speaking in general terms.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #646 on: September 17, 2006, 08:16:16 PM »

Too much exageration... be carefull with some reviews you read from ultra mega die-hard fans.... they are biaised....sometimes they sound like Britney Spears 12 years old fans... "who is Slash?" "best show of the entire universe" "Axl is god" "I cried!".... come on...let's be serious.

I prefer to be fair and honnest than to be blind.

exageration is totally a wrong word, as you're not him, you don't know him and you weren't at the show he saw? None are so blind as those who will not see, you see.

Not that I'd agree on everything the review says (like, what he knows about botox!) but
The matter of the greatest importance here is that the damn show left this heavenly aftertaste to a fan, and perhaps he's not alone as he says..

I heard a bunch of bad shit from the music press.  I head some bad crap
from Europeans.  I heard he would be three hours late and do a half-assed
show. I almost didn't go, because I expected to be disappointed.  But .....
Holy Shit.   Just .... Holy Shit.

I talked with people in the crowd who had seen them 20+ times since the 80's
remarking that this was far and away, the best GNR show they had ever
seen.
It was the best concert of any kind I have ever been witness to.
  I'm still speechless.

Some guys were there after the show who had seen them at Hammerstein in NYC
and they said
"Manhattan has nothing on Las Vegas, the greatest shows are
always here.  This show was way better than Hammerstein."
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #647 on: September 17, 2006, 08:29:23 PM »

Nobody plays slash better than slash.   Finck plays it good but Robin doesn't come close.  He does his own thing
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #648 on: September 17, 2006, 08:37:31 PM »

if you wanna hear "Axl is God", "I cried", "Who is Slash?", "The best show of the Universe", "I though I died, i cried like a baby during all the show" etc... fine. But don't count on me to be in that kind of things. I'm 25. let's be serious. That's not the reality. and that's not the truth. That's beeing exessive and biaised.
Yeah. And say "it will NEVER be as good as when Slash was in the band" is not biased? Roll Eyes

ALL REVIEWS are biased, period. It's just an opinion, not common sense, even if some claim to be.

This guy didn't lied about something that didn't happen in the show (like some journalists used to do). He just said that he loved what he heard/saw, he was being fair with what he felt. Also, like ppbebe showed, he also stated that he wasn't the only one with that opinion there.

god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #649 on: September 17, 2006, 08:57:24 PM »

WTF of course people here are biased !!! it is a GnR FAN board! Why can`t people be just happy that this guy had the best concert experience of his life? Now someone wrote an awesome review without complaining about guitar solos, Axl being late, no Slash at the Show, too few drum solos....and now people complain because people don`t complain!

Sometimes I begin to wonder......
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #650 on: September 17, 2006, 09:03:46 PM »

WTF of course people here are biased !!! it is a GnR FAN board! Why can`t people be just happy that this guy had the best concert experience of his life? Now someone wrote an awesome review without complaining about guitar solos, Axl being late, no Slash at the Show, too few drum solos....and now people complain because people don`t complain!

Sometimes I begin to wonder......

yeah seriously, i was thinking the same.

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #651 on: September 17, 2006, 09:13:15 PM »

That is completely wrong. That's not what I said. You take my words out of context and make a generalisation.?
I recall you, just in case, that I AM a newGNR fan. i went to their show. I paid for it. If not, I wouldn't have gone to the show, I wouldn't have been on this board for 3 or 4 years and i wouldn't have waited for ChiDem for 10 years...

if you wanna hear "Axl is God", "I cried", "Who is Slash?", "The best show of the Universe", "I though I died, i cried like a baby during all the show" etc... fine. But don't count on me to be in that kind of things. I'm 25. let's be serious. That's not the reality. and that's not the truth. That's beeing exessive and biaised. That's not analizing seriously the situation. and the most important, that's not beeing fair and honest with Axl and Co. I think they need the fans to tell them the truth. Both good and bad things. You wanna hear a good thing? in my opinion, the new songs are very good. they sounded very good in Paris. You see, it's not all about bad things, but when there are some, it's better to say they exist than to hide the truth.

good post nesquick? ok - I actually think youve made good points here and people are purposefully misconstruing

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #652 on: September 17, 2006, 09:17:11 PM »

Im not a fan of the solos at all.

I think the solos show the new members deficiencies

Christina Aguilera is cool?Give  me a break.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #653 on: September 17, 2006, 09:27:33 PM »

Nesquicks words mean very little to me.

I read the reviews and make judgements according to the source and quality of information.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #654 on: September 17, 2006, 09:56:20 PM »

Where are the fucking media reviews?? 
dk
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #655 on: September 18, 2006, 12:07:03 AM »

Wow what a show.

There's probably many in depth reviews of this show so I'll just share things that stood out to me.

GNR actually came on before they were expected. 

Axl was in a great mood until the TD at the end.

Other than not singing a verse in PC, Axl was on!  At times, his voice was drowned out by the crowd singing or the Mic volume, but overall Axl and all of GNR kicked ass.

He mentioned something about McCartney's son? saying it was cool that his dad made a cover of a GNR song and Paul had to tell him it was HIS song (LALD).   rofl

Overall a great show, can't wait for SF.

Crazyman
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #656 on: September 18, 2006, 08:01:55 AM »

Wow what a show.

There's probably many in depth reviews of this show so I'll just share things that stood out to me.

GNR actually came on before they were expected. 

Axl was in a great mood until the TD at the end.

Other than not singing a verse in PC, Axl was on!  At times, his voice was drowned out by the crowd singing or the Mic volume, but overall Axl and all of GNR kicked ass.

He mentioned something about McCartney's son? saying it was cool that his dad made a cover of a GNR song and Paul had to tell him it was HIS song (LALD).   rofl

Overall a great show, can't wait for SF.

That pretty much sums it up...I remember he said something during KOHD that I don't remember...

Great show, I'll write my own review after I get some sleep. (Just got back from Vegas...)
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #657 on: September 18, 2006, 08:29:42 AM »

If GN'R had played 20 songs in a row, like Oasis did, yes it would have been a better show. But they did not. I don't know Jarmo, but maybe, you know maybe there was a problem at the Paris show. Because I have the feeling EVERYBODY who went to the Paris show was really bored by the solos. read the reviews of the Paris show on this board.

Maybe I went to the wrong show? i don't "regret it", but I expected something different, more exiting, less boring, ?people were so bored and exausted by all the solos every 10 minutes (really, every 10 minutes the band stopped the show that night! can you believe it?) that Bumblefoot was booed. First time in my life I heard a main act beeing booed. I never saw that before, at any concert. My friend left before the end of the show. people around us left aswell... and not only for the metro. Jarmo this is the fucking truth dude: people were bored. I'm sorry, but this is what happened... Undecided

Not wishing to negate the validity of your feelings, Nesquick, but just for the record and maybe to redress the balance a little, I attended the Paris show too and can honestly say that I wasn't bored by any aspect of the band's performance. ?The only exhaustion I felt came at the end of the evening after immersing myself totally in a magnificent live GNR experience. ?I've attended 14 GNR shows this year and would jump at the chance of watching them another 14 times before the year is out too. ?In fact, I felt gutted on Saturday night to know that they were playing somewhere on this planet and that I was unable to attend. ?Yeah, I know that probably sounds greedy to those of you who haven't had the thrill of seeing them yet, but that's just the way I feel and I'm not about to start apologising for it.

Nesquick, I do sympathise with you that your expectations weren't met by the show in Paris and that you appear to have left feeling very disappointed. ?I have to say that my feelings in 2006 are a far cry from how I felt after seeing the band in 2002. ?Partly I believe that to be because today's band is a great step up from the performances I witnessed in 2002, but I also have to accept that I was in a better mental and emotional place when seeing the band this year. ?Axl's recent radio interview had him expressing his enjoyment at the jams the band play during the shows and so if this truly is a problem for you, I don't think that you're going to enjoy any of the forthcoming shows. ?Having said that, I hope that when, all things being well, they return to Europe in 2007, you take the opportunity to attend another show and who knows, maybe the next time it'll be a whole new experience for you. ?peace

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #658 on: September 18, 2006, 12:25:41 PM »

I just want less solos. That's all about it. When they played the songs, they were very good. But the truth is that they stopped the show every 10 minutes with all those solos. It was annoying. Don't forget Bumblefoot was booed, he was booed because people were bored. It was like they didn"t want to play that night a full show all together as a band from the 1st minute to the last one. I don't know where you were, but after Paradise City at the end of the show, There was nobody on my left anymore: they all left and go home way before the end of the show. My friend left after November Rain... he has to work the following day and he was also very, very bored.

I didn't expect that. I was like "ok this is my 1st GN'R show, I'm exited!". But the lonnnng solos were a massacre.

They matched my expectation as individual players (exept Bumblefoot). yes, Axl impressed me very much and Fortus blew me away. Yes, Robin convinced me. and yes I enjoyed the pyro.

But as a "whole show", I mean the organisation of the show, the Paris one was catastrophy. I though Axl was ill or something at some point. i was like "What the hell is happening tonight? they don't want to play this show? Why they stop playing every 10 minutes?"
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 12:58:36 PM by nesquick » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #659 on: September 18, 2006, 12:35:51 PM »

This is what a Rock n' Roll show is about.

I thought rock n' roll was about doing whatever the fuck you want to and not caring what somebody thinks you should be doing at your live shows....

I really suggest you take your "discussion" to the Dead Horse section instead of polluting multiple threads in the GN'R section with the same fucking whining week after week.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: