Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 07:59:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227900 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2007-2008 NBA Season
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2007-2008 NBA Season  (Read 89741 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #180 on: May 14, 2008, 12:27:01 AM »

Lebron James is better at his age than both Kobe and Jordan were back in the day....Lebron also is naturally gifted physically...he came into the league with the body of a 4 or 5 year veteran....he looked  completely silly when he was playing in high school...Lebron will be a better player than Barkley but probably not Jordan...there is only one Jordan...Charles Barkely was phenomenal given his physical attributes...he wasnt that tall and he was always kind of fat, but he would out rebound and hustle anyone on that court...Barkely is the perfect example of doing as much as you possibly can(and more) with what youve got....

Lebron is also all alone on that Cavaliers team....they have nobody around him...That Cleveland team that made the finals last year is probably the worst team to make the finals in the past 30 years....with the exception of the 2001 Sixer team which was god awful and the 2002 Nets werent too good either....

NIce points... but a little off...

LeBron had help last year, he didn't shoot the ball as well as he does... this year he has even more help (Wally, Joe Smith)

Also what about that 99 Knicks team.... that's probably the worst team in the last 30 years...

And on JAmes being better at this age? You can't compare that, because Jordan didn't jump from high school, so obviously James has more accompished because this would be jordan's 2nd year...

rookie years... Jordan averaged 6 more ppg then James, Lebron has only reached a finals faster than jordan, but back then the east wasn't so damn weak when he did it.... put JOrdan in the east today from the 80s and he would of won 3 more titles...

Jordan might have been a better scorer...but James is a better all round player...and of course the fact that he skipped college had alot to do with it....The East is WAY weaker now though then it was when Jordan played so you got me there...

I think the 99 Knicks team is one of the worst...probably tied with that 02 Nets team...but the 01 Sixers and 07 cavs are def worse than the 99 Knicks...Sprewell and Houston were unstoppable that year....and they did that with an injured Ewing
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #181 on: May 14, 2008, 12:33:29 AM »

Lost one to the Jizz, lameness.

make that 2...with another 2 on the way.... ok

hihi

At least they made those games close.  More like, we gave them away.

No worries man, as long as Boozer and AK47 continue with their cheap shots, we'll get to the free throw line and do our thing.

you mean miss more free throws?  And if i hear one more story about Kobes back....seriously I know the league wants the Lakers to go the finals...its evident from all the shitty calls that go against Utah...but the refs are almost handing the Lakers these games....Boozer and AK are just playing hard defense...nothing wrong with that...
BigCombo
Rocker

« Reply #182 on: May 14, 2008, 01:48:37 AM »

hihi

No worries man, as long as Boozer and AK47 continue with their cheap shots, we'll get to the free throw line and do our thing.

you mean miss more free throws?  And if i hear one more story about Kobes back....seriously I know the league wants the Lakers to go the finals...its evident from all the shitty calls that go against Utah...but the refs are almost handing the Lakers these games....Boozer and AK are just playing hard defense...nothing wrong with that...

I think Boozer's defense you refer to is his two hands pushing-off on the back of the Lakers players.  It's a foul when he does it in LA; but not when he does it in Utah?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #183 on: May 14, 2008, 03:09:07 AM »

hihi

I think Boozer's defense you refer to is his two hands pushing-off on the back of the Lakers players.  It's a foul when he does it in LA; but not when he does it in Utah?

Utah always gets away with stuff at Delta Energy Solutions Arena.  I remember watching games in utter disbelief in the 90's and wondering why the referees would swallow their whistles there.

KOBE'S BACK!  Grin
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #184 on: May 14, 2008, 04:21:35 AM »

hihi

Utah always gets away with stuff at Delta Energy Solutions Arena.  I remember watching games in utter disbelief in the 90's and wondering why the referees would swallow their whistles there.

KOBE'S BACK!  Grin

oh you mean like Michael Jordan shoving Bryon Russell practically to the ground to take a wide open game winnnig shot?   youre right those refs did swallow those whistles... hihi
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #185 on: May 14, 2008, 04:23:39 AM »

hihi

KOBE'S BACK!  Grin

oh you mean like Michael Jordan shoving Bryon Russell practically to the ground to take a wide open game winnnig shot?   youre right those refs did swallow those whistles... hihi

Karma's a bitch.  Grin
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #186 on: May 14, 2008, 04:29:51 AM »

hihi

KOBE'S BACK!  Grin

Karma's a bitch.  Grin

haha i hope youre not referring to when the Jazz used to slap the Lakers around in the playoffs in the late 90's...i dont think Utah getting foul calls was the reason you got swept in 98 and blown out in 97...seriously in 98 the league wanted the Lakers and Bulls in the worst way but  the refs didnt even get the chance to give the Lakers any calls because they were down by 30 every game...and you know and I know the league wants Lakers/Celtics in the worst way....Utah has always gotten the bad calls on them...they are from UTAH!!! the smallest market there is in the NBA....the league never wants them in the Finals....come on you know the refs are in the Lakers back pocket.....look at sundays game...Utah had so many horrible foul calls on them....and they still won...
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #187 on: May 14, 2008, 04:42:06 AM »

hihi

KOBE'S BACK!  Grin

Karma's a bitch.  Grin

haha i hope youre not referring to when the Jazz used to slap the Lakers around in the playoffs in the late 90's...i dont think Utah getting foul calls was the reason you got swept in 98 and blown out in 97...seriously in 98 the league wanted the Lakers and Bulls in the worst way but  the refs didnt even get the chance to give the Lakers any calls because they were down by 30 every game...and you know and I know the league wants Lakers/Celtics in the worst way....Utah has always gotten the bad calls on them...they are from UTAH!!! the smallest market there is in the NBA....the league never wants them in the Finals....come on you know the refs are in the Lakers back pocket.....look at sundays game...Utah had so many horrible foul calls on them....and they still won...

No, I was still talking about Jordan.

As for the Lakers in the 90's...I can't even defend their collapses against Utah and I won't even start.  But the Sonics and Bulls come to mind!  Cheesy

Dude, come on.  If the Lakers so much sneezed on a Jazz player, they would get called for a foul.  Turiaf's foul was NOT a flagrant and he didn't deserve to be ejected.  A tiny voice in my head tells me that there is still game fixing going on.  (See, Tim Donaghy)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #188 on: May 14, 2008, 06:23:00 AM »

I don't remember what year it was, but damn, I remember watching the Trail Blazers led by Arvydas Sabonis get totally jobbed in a Western Finals series against the Lakers.  Terrible officiating...and it really led me to believe the league wanted LA, not Portland, in the Finals.

btw, Lebron is special, but he's no Jordan...not yet.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #189 on: May 14, 2008, 08:32:32 AM »

To put him in a class with Clyde and Dominique is unfair and quite ridiculous. He will be way better than those guys cause truth be told, he already is.

Clyde and Nique are HOF'ers.  That's pretty select company.  It's not like I just said he's akin to Uwe Blab.

Their career stats are in line with LeBrons, right now.  It's a fair point that he's not in his prime, yet...but then, we don't know WHAT will happen in the future.   All we know is what we have, now.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #190 on: May 14, 2008, 12:12:50 PM »

yeah but u have different levels

Jordan, Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain on one level
Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Oscar Robertson, Kareem, Hakeem Olajuwon,Tim Duncan on another
Isiah thomas, Jerry West, Shaq, Charles Barkley,John Stockton,DR J, Dominique, Karl malone, Clyde would be about the third tier of superstar

Lebron will definitely be on that 2nd tier if not on the elite first tier.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #191 on: May 14, 2008, 12:48:50 PM »

there's no way duncan is "higher ranked" then shaq.. not dr. j either..

shame stockton and malone never got to win, they should be higher then duncan too hihi nique too

yeah you got it right, i don't like tim  Tongue

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #192 on: May 14, 2008, 02:18:42 PM »

Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Oscar Robertson, Kareem, Hakeem Olajuwon,Tim Duncan on another
Isiah thomas, Jerry West, Shaq, Charles Barkley,John Stockton,DR J, Dominique, Karl malone, Clyde would be about the third tier of superstar

You know it's way too early to say these things.

You can't really group players up in tiers. They all belong to a different time. Argue if you want, but if Wilt the Stilt was 30 years of age, today... like right now he would be a good player, but no where near as dominant.

Wilt averaged 50 and 25 one year, which is absolutely ridiculous. So you put in todays game he may be around 30 and 15 or so I guess.

The time reflected how dominant Wilt was. Other players belong to a time. Dr. J in today's game would be an above average player.... why? Because everyone can dunk like him now....

Dominique Wilkins... <--- my fav player of all time.... in todays game is just a Ray Allen type of player, good shooter... good dunker... nothing really great. But in his time Dom was the "Human Highlight Film". He was doing things that only himself and Jordan were doing.

LeBron James is an overrated player. No matter how you look at it man. Sure he's really young and really good. I get it. His poor shooting performance in the series is pathetic... make it real. And he's finally got a "team" around him too. All I heard was how he doesn't have a team... and he's alone blah blah.

the series is now 2-2 and how is this if James is struggling? I wonder... he's got support. If the Cavs team from last year were playing right now this would be a sweep.

Now again, this is all matter of opinion, I'm not saying I'm right, just saying I make more sense than you.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #193 on: May 14, 2008, 05:26:17 PM »

there's no way duncan is "higher ranked" then shaq.. not dr. j either..

shame stockton and malone never got to win, they should be higher then duncan too hihi nique too

yeah you got it right, i don't like tim  Tongue

Tim Duncan's a douche, don't feel too bad.  But so were Stockton and Malone.  Stockton went to the Vlade Divac School of Acting, and Malone had this annoying kick anytime he would take a fadeaway shot from the perimeter.

Duncan has gotten old and the only reason he is still a decent player is because he knows how to use the backboard.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #194 on: May 14, 2008, 08:45:01 PM »

I hate Tim Duncan but u cant take away from what he has accomplished.

He has the same amount of rings as Shaq and has never had a Kobe Bryant on his team.

Manu and Parker are good but they are no Kobe. Shaq also had D wade in Miami.

Duncan is a winner and a great all around player. One of the best defensive players of all time.

Shaq is playing for his 4th team

That tells u something right?

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #195 on: May 14, 2008, 09:39:15 PM »

so John Stockton who has the all time record in assists and steals is a third tier player?  Karl Malone who is second all time on the NBA scoring list is also a third tier player?   knowing you im suprised you dont have Dirk Nowitzki on that first tier... hihi
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #196 on: May 14, 2008, 09:43:11 PM »

hihi

KOBE'S BACK!  Grin

Karma's a bitch.  Grin

No, I was still talking about Jordan.

As for the Lakers in the 90's...I can't even defend their collapses against Utah and I won't even start.  But the Sonics and Bulls come to mind!  Cheesy

Dude, come on.  If the Lakers so much sneezed on a Jazz player, they would get called for a foul.  Turiaf's foul was NOT a flagrant and he didn't deserve to be ejected.  A tiny voice in my head tells me that there is still game fixing going on.  (See, Tim Donaghy)

LOL the Sonics? it took them 7 games to beat a Jazz team that was nowhere near as good as them...and John Stocktons leg was injured that whole series...rubbing my face in the Jazz losses of the 90's isnt going to bother me....they are the class of the NBA....and Stockton and Malone were the most dedicated players to their team who gave 100% every night...i have no regrets...like John Stockton said "i appreciate the effort" when he was talking about all those Jazz teams that came up short.....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #197 on: May 14, 2008, 09:59:34 PM »

Stockton and Malone got a lot of numbers due to the amount of years they played etc.

They never won a title though, so that drops them to third tier.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #198 on: May 14, 2008, 10:26:00 PM »

I hate Tim Duncan but u cant take away from what he has accomplished.

He has the same amount of rings as Shaq and has never had a Kobe Bryant on his team.

Manu and Parker are good but they are no Kobe. Shaq also had D wade in Miami.

Duncan is a winner and a great all around player. One of the best defensive players of all time.

Shaq is playing for his 4th team

That tells u something right?

No, we can't take anything away.  He'll play another 5-6 years, rack up some stats and be mentioned in the same breath as all the other great big men to play the game.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #199 on: May 14, 2008, 11:01:30 PM »

Stockton and Malone got a lot of numbers due to the amount of years they played etc.

They never won a title though, so that drops them to third tier.

bullshit...stockton broke that assist and steal record in 95 and 96...8 seasons before he retired...

i hear the title argument....a championship looks nice on the resume...but Barkely, Ewing. Miller, Stockton and Malone are better than most players who actually have won championships.... a championship isnt everythng...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: