Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 07:36:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227906 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2007-2008 NBA Season
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2007-2008 NBA Season  (Read 89749 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #240 on: May 19, 2008, 11:28:50 PM »

The Spurs are coming into town on Wednesday.

Best rivalry of the decade, 7 championships between them.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #241 on: May 19, 2008, 11:33:39 PM »

The Lakers better fuckin win

I dont hate anything like I hate the San Antonio Spurs.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #242 on: May 19, 2008, 11:43:37 PM »

I don't love anything more than I love beating the Spurs.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #243 on: May 20, 2008, 12:34:19 AM »

i dont like uhh  confused ... umm yeah lakers better win
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #244 on: May 20, 2008, 08:09:30 AM »

lol patience is being played in the NO and SA game while they wait for the people to clean the court from the ice that i think was thrown to the court

My wife and I were watching the end of the Celtics vs Cavs game the other night.  In about a 5 minute stretch they played Welcome to the Jungle and Paradise City.

I said "Whoever's running the PA tonight must be a GnR fan".

Then I said "Besides having no talent, I could never be a broadcaster.  Every time they played GnR, I'd have to mention it on air...."

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #245 on: May 20, 2008, 09:38:18 AM »

They've played "Welcome to the Jungle" ever since their home floor became known as "The Jungle" back when Paul and Antoine Walker were leading the C's.  It does seem that "Paradise City" has been added to the mix in the 4th quarter, as it's been played the last 2 games. 

Game 1 tonight.  Will the real Ray Allen please stand up?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #246 on: May 20, 2008, 10:11:57 AM »

I've been watching Ray since he was a Husky down here in CT.  Love Sir Walter Ray as much as any player out there.

He needs to find his shot, man.  I don't EVER remember him being this streaky, or having this kind of slump, and he's picked a hell of a time to hit it.  I don't know if it's the pressure, the minutes, or just him being his own worst enemy (mentally) when he's shooting.  They're just NOT going down, and you can see him, now hesitating just that split second, contemplating the pass, before he lets one go.  And THAT's going to be an issue.  He needs to catch and release, in rhythm, to be his best.....

Hopefully, things'll get better vs the Pistons. 

I gotta say, I'm rooting for the Celts (obviously) but I'm a pig in shit: 2 former Uconn stars battling it out for a trip to the finals.  Rip vs Ray...

Together again,
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #247 on: May 20, 2008, 11:44:32 AM »

how could anyone call Lebron James overrated?

He only has one guy who could start for other nba teams and that is Big Z and he is barely a top 10 center in the NBA.

Delonte West was a backup PG in SEATTLE of all places, Wally is way past his prime, Ben Wallace is way past his prime. JoeSmith never had a prime.

KG,Pierce and Allen were never the Big 3.

I copied D's post, because I think he hits the nail on the head with Lebron.  The man is a stud.  (Lebron, not D.  hihi)
Did you see that loose ball he grabbed around mid-court?  He accelerated so god damned fast it blew my mind.  A couple dribbles and he slammed it home...unreal.

That's fine, but James struggled in the first 2 wins in Cleveland.. and they won... how is that? BEcause he has help, more help than last year. Wally throws up 20 a couple of times, and hell Joe Smith comes off the bench in one game and goes 7/8 while James is 5/16. That's how they won, because the cast stepped up. I'm so tired of hearing about how he has no help. It's sickening.

Yeah I saw where he took the ball to the rack in amazing speed and velocity. He's a really good player, but he's not quite there. People love James because he's so good and young and that's fine with me. With all the hype and talk around LeBron he needs to play more consistly. "Stud" players don't blow free throws, they don't go 8/41 in the first 2 games of a semis and they also don't take stupid shots with the game on the line.

Like I said overrated, and it seems crazy at first because "LeBron, overrated?!!!" Yeah he is... he's a great all around player... he can pass really well, best since Magic maybe and he can score, he's like Dominique Wilkins combined with Magic Johnson.

Those players had lots of success early on. Wilkins even made several trips to the semis and a couple to the eastern finals...

LeBron had a lucky year last year and when he got to the Spurs it was a sweep like a broom. I just don't like this player

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #248 on: May 20, 2008, 11:47:13 AM »

I love the Spurs. They are that professional veteran team that all teams need to look up to.

I bet you guys thought they were done when N.O. had them down 0-2 in 2 blowouts. lmao too bad huh?

Spurs win this series in 6.

Boston in 5.

Spurs over the Celtics in 6.

that's my predictions

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #249 on: May 20, 2008, 06:39:51 PM »

lol patience is being played in the NO and SA game while they wait for the people to clean the court from the ice that i think was thrown to the court

My wife and I were watching the end of the Celtics vs Cavs game the other night.  In about a 5 minute stretch they played Welcome to the Jungle and Paradise City.

I said "Whoever's running the PA tonight must be a GnR fan".

Then I said "Besides having no talent, I could never be a broadcaster.  Every time they played GnR, I'd have to mention it on air...."

Pilferk, you are not alone!  I did the same fucking thing!   hihi 

"...and Delonte with the sweet penetration and dish to Ilgauskas!  He turns and fires from 12 feet...with the kiss!  It's good!  ...and what's that I hear?"

(fellow broadcaster):  "that's the crowd cheering A4P,"

"no, the tune man!  That's Paradise City!  That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!  Let's get some cheerleaders over here man!  Where's my drink!  Cheers!!!"   beer

Yeah Pilferk, I'd be fired pretty fast too.   hihi

D, you've gotta respect the Duncan.   peace

PS:  I forgot to mention...how badly do you think the NBA wants a Lakers-Celtics Finals???   Wink
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 07:08:21 PM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #250 on: May 21, 2008, 12:38:22 AM »

I've been watching Ray since he was a Husky down here in CT.  Love Sir Walter Ray as much as any player out there.

He needs to find his shot, man.  I don't EVER remember him being this streaky, or having this kind of slump, and he's picked a hell of a time to hit it.  I don't know if it's the pressure, the minutes, or just him being his own worst enemy (mentally) when he's shooting.  They're just NOT going down, and you can see him, now hesitating just that split second, contemplating the pass, before he lets one go.  And THAT's going to be an issue.  He needs to catch and release, in rhythm, to be his best.....

Hopefully, things'll get better vs the Pistons. 

I gotta say, I'm rooting for the Celts (obviously) but I'm a pig in shit: 2 former Uconn stars battling it out for a trip to the finals.  Rip vs Ray...

Fellow Husky fan here Pilferk in the great state of CT.  Looks like Ray had another rough time tonight (I missed the game as I was at the Van Halen show at Mohegan Sun).  But the C's won, so all is well.  Still, Ray has to get himself corrected, and as he stated himself, he needs his teammates to help him out with that.

As for the Ray/Rip matchup.  Man, Ray Allen was on some of the best Husky teams EVER, but they crumbled in the clutch.  Rip will forever be my favorite Husky because he was THE go to guy on their first national championship team.  Although, I conted that Khalid El-Amin was THE reason that team won it all.  He gave that team the swagger and confidence it needed to beat the mighty Duke Blue Devils.  Oh, what a sweet game that was.  That was the first championship I got to enjoy from any of the teams I cheer for.  I had some rough years growing up in the 80's and 90's.  But since then, the Huskies won again in 2004, the Red Sox have won 2 World Series, and the Patriots have won 3 Super Bowls.  So things obviously improved for me over the years.  Sorry to go off on a tangent.

Back on topic.  Go Celtics!!!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #251 on: May 21, 2008, 02:40:08 AM »

I love the Spurs. They are that professional veteran team that all teams need to look up to.

I bet you guys thought they were done when N.O. had them down 0-2 in 2 blowouts. lmao too bad huh?

Boston in 5.

that's my predictions

I'll hold you to this.  hihi
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #252 on: May 21, 2008, 03:43:28 AM »

LAKERS win this series in 6.

Boston in 5.

LAKERS over the Celtics in 6.

that's my predictions

fixed!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #253 on: May 21, 2008, 08:26:55 AM »

Boston in 5.

that's my predictions

Weird...I thought I posted this yesterday...but I guess not:

My prediction:

Lakers in 5

Celts in 6.

Lakers and Celts go 7 and EVERYONE wins because it becomes an instant classic...a series for the ages with BOTH sides playing awesome ball.  I would hope the Celts get to hoist # 17...but Kobe and the Lakers are playing scary good ball right now.  I just can't predict a winner......

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #254 on: May 21, 2008, 08:32:01 AM »

IFellow Husky fan here Pilferk in the great state of CT.  Looks like Ray had another rough time tonight (I missed the game as I was at the Van Halen show at Mohegan Sun).  But the C's won, so all is well.  Still, Ray has to get himself corrected, and as he stated himself, he needs his teammates to help him out with that.

What I liked about Ray last night was that he was driving the hoop, and SUFFOCATING Rip (and anyone else) on defense.  It was good old fashioned Calhoun style D.  He couldn't drop a J in the ocean, but at least he contributed.

As for the Ray/Rip matchup.  Man, Ray Allen was on some of the best Husky teams EVER, but they crumbled in the clutch.  Rip will forever be my favorite Husky because he was THE go to guy on their first national championship team.  Although, I conted that Khalid El-Amin was THE reason that team won it all.  He gave that team the swagger and confidence it needed to beat the mighty Duke Blue Devils.

Agree 100%.  El Amin was the "fire" on that team....Rip was the "ice".  El Amin was all emotion, and Rip would just stab the other team in the heart with his jumpers.  Man, that was a great game. "We shocked the world!!!".   Still the sweetest of the 2 NCAA titles UCONN has won....because NOBODY gave us a chance against the all mighty Blue Devils....while we were EXPECTED to win with Okafor.

Oh, what a sweet game that was.  That was the first championship I got to enjoy from any of the teams I cheer for.  I had some rough years growing up in the 80's and 90's.  But since then, the Huskies won again in 2004, the Red Sox have won 2 World Series, and the Patriots have won 3 Super Bowls.  So things obviously improved for me over the years.  Sorry to go off on a tangent.

I'm a Husky fan (how can you not be when you live in CT?), and a C's fan...but after that we part company.  Yanks and Giants for me...and I'm from the NORTHERN part of the state, so it gets tough for me. Smiley

Together again,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #255 on: May 21, 2008, 06:56:37 PM »

IFellow Husky fan here Pilferk in the great state of CT.  Looks like Ray had another rough time tonight (I missed the game as I was at the Van Halen show at Mohegan Sun).  But the C's won, so all is well.  Still, Ray has to get himself corrected, and as he stated himself, he needs his teammates to help him out with that.

What I liked about Ray last night was that he was driving the hoop, and SUFFOCATING Rip (and anyone else) on defense.  It was good old fashioned Calhoun style D.  He couldn't drop a J in the ocean, but at least he contributed.

As for the Ray/Rip matchup.  Man, Ray Allen was on some of the best Husky teams EVER, but they crumbled in the clutch.  Rip will forever be my favorite Husky because he was THE go to guy on their first national championship team.  Although, I conted that Khalid El-Amin was THE reason that team won it all.  He gave that team the swagger and confidence it needed to beat the mighty Duke Blue Devils.

Agree 100%.  El Amin was the "fire" on that team....Rip was the "ice".  El Amin was all emotion, and Rip would just stab the other team in the heart with his jumpers.  Man, that was a great game. "We shocked the world!!!".   Still the sweetest of the 2 NCAA titles UCONN has won....because NOBODY gave us a chance against the all mighty Blue Devils....while we were EXPECTED to win with Okafor.

Oh, what a sweet game that was.  That was the first championship I got to enjoy from any of the teams I cheer for.  I had some rough years growing up in the 80's and 90's.  But since then, the Huskies won again in 2004, the Red Sox have won 2 World Series, and the Patriots have won 3 Super Bowls.  So things obviously improved for me over the years.  Sorry to go off on a tangent.

I'm a Husky fan (how can you not be when you live in CT?), and a C's fan...but after that we part company.  Yanks and Giants for me...and I'm from the NORTHERN part of the state, so it gets tough for me. Smiley
Yeah I'm in northern CT too.  Most of my friends are Sox fans, but there's a fair amount of Yankee fans around.  However, Giants fans still seem to outnumber Patriot fans in these parts, at least from what I can tell.  Proabably because the Pats sucked back in the late 80's and early 90's, while the Giants were in the upper echelon of the NFL at that time.  Anyhow, 2 of my friends who are Patriot fans went to AZ for the Super Bowl this year leaving me behind all by myself.  So I ended up having to watch the game with 15 Giant fans.  Needless to say, that was NOT a good night for me.

Anyhow, back on subject.  It seemed like Ray Allen had a hard time adjusting to his role with the C's this season, a much lesser role than he's played throughout his career.  It seemed that he finally became comfortable being the 3rd option later on in the season.  But it kind of seems like he's back in that mode where he's just not comfortable out there right now.  Good to hear he played some good D last night though.  The offense will come eventually, he's far too good a shooter for this slump to continue much longer.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #256 on: May 22, 2008, 02:52:29 AM »

The Lakers come back from a 20 point deficit midway through the third quarter.

Kobe unleashed The Black Mamba and the Spurs didn't have an answer.

SEX!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #257 on: May 22, 2008, 11:44:49 PM »

The Celtics CAN be beat at home.

You guys are screwed, there is no way they can win at The Palace.

That's a shame, I really wanted a Lakers/Celtics series.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #258 on: May 22, 2008, 11:58:42 PM »

same here. i guess i can settle with lakers/pistons
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #259 on: May 23, 2008, 12:03:14 AM »

same here. i guess i can settle with lakers/pistons

I can't.  The Pistons would rape us.  I can't live through another 2004.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: