Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:05:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  [TORRENT/ FLAC/ MP3] Destroyer - Tokyo, 12/19/2009 (links on first post)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [TORRENT/ FLAC/ MP3] Destroyer - Tokyo, 12/19/2009 (links on first post)  (Read 120107 times)
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #320 on: January 07, 2010, 12:41:14 PM »

All you people saying the 09 was the longest, and stating it as FACT are acting like little kids with your arms folded refusing to budge.

No,w not that I would ever sit down and listen to recordings all the way through and time them. (better things to do), but IF someone DID do that (Limulus) then I would listen to what they have to say and I would honestly take his word for rather than DJ Ashba's or BBfoots. Simply because....

A) I can pretty much guarantee they've never heard the inglewood bootleg. Why would they have? Unless Axl sat them down and said, "OK Ron this is how we did things back in the day..." LOL...wouldn't happen.

B) They probably weren't even aware of how long the Inglewood show was at all. (And that's IF they knew about it at all!!)

Also I would doubt if Axl himself ever timed the shows. Probably just said a throwaway statement which places like blabbermouth pick up on..."GNR play longest show EVER". Not that he needs/wants the publicity.

Also how about some respect for Limulus for doing so much for the GNR bootleg community??!!! Estabanf has been great too in recent years, but come on. Show a little love, a little respect, and realise that most people with their heads screwed on properly in this forum aare a fan of GNR no matter what fucking lineup. Capiche? peace
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #321 on: January 07, 2010, 01:20:17 PM »

just a little from me - sometimes during the end of the Tokyo show, something like this happened: Axl said to Tommy: not Paradise City yet, we're nearly at the record (not exactly, I don't remember it at all, but you know what I mean)

TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #322 on: January 07, 2010, 01:25:39 PM »

1991 was 18 years ago and Axl's 47 now. I say if he's done a 3hr 30+ show and say its the longest, give the motherfucker the benefit of the doubt.

And there goes the challenger...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #323 on: January 07, 2010, 01:27:43 PM »

Limulus has released TONS for the community, and has done countless other things that have been beneficial to this 'trading community', as some call it. I'm sure pissing off and annoying him about his research he has done about the recordings will make him think twice about releasing stuff again. He is merely stating his research and his opinion on the two recordings (91/09). I think it's cool he did the research and came to a different conclusion than what the band came to, it's intriguing. But I do have to ask, this is kind of the same thing with the original uploader of this show right? "Don't piss him off -- he won't share again!" -- isn't that the same? I'm sure Limulus is used to the shit, as he has gotten it over the years countless times on this board, but still. There comes a point when enough is enough.

Everyone say thank you to Jarmo now! ok

I know you have your personal issues with me because I've told you and your two pals to stop spamming the board with stupid shit that can be handled between the three of you via e-mails or something.

Limulus has a history of trying to show everybody how great the old band is and how things just "suck" now.

Has nothing to do with the amount of bootlegs he spends his time on releasing.

If I don't agree with him or you, I'll say so. How do you deal with that? You keep posting smart ass remarks in every other thread.

Keep it up. Let's see how long you last here...

You really wanna get kicked out of here because you can't let go of the picture issue? Is it really worth it?

While you and your pals (and others like you who don't like to be told to shut the fuck up) continue to try to piss the guy who runs this site because you don't agree with anything I do/say, I shouldn't say what I think because the guy releases bootlegs?

All this because you think I don't have the right to remove a personal picture that was posted without permission. A picture that belongs to a friend of mine. Fucking priceless.

Of all the things to hold a grudge for. Well that and the fact that you think everybody enjoys your sense of humor in every other thread.....

When will you move the fuck on?

/jarmo

« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 01:35:45 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #324 on: January 07, 2010, 01:53:03 PM »

I finally listened to the bootleg.

The sound is nice but I prefer the other one. I thought there would be more comments from Axl and Tommy though. Actually we heard almost all of them on the samples we had a few days ago. It's still nice to hear them talking about the record and all.

Someone asked for another link for the MP3 version, check the first post on this thread, there are many links. If RapidShare doesn't work, try to get the FLACs and convert them to MP3s. Wink

As for the duration of the shows, my opinion is a bit different than most people I guess. I actually don't think any show is "longer". Limulus says Inglewood is and I tend to believe him because he's checked duration and all, but I also tend to believe Axl when he says it's the longest because he's actually in the band and was on stage in 1991 and 2009 lol.
The thing is, at the end of Inglewood Axl says the show's duration was "3 hours 36 minutes and 19 seconds". I guess the tour manager or someone else in the crew had a watch and was checking the time. As for Tokyo, I guessed they checked it too and it was 3 hours and 37 minutes. Bottom line, for me it's a draw, they're "both" the longest GN'R show, because their duration is about the same. That's just my opinion. Wink

As RaspAxl said, they should have played another song after or before Paradise City. Something like Estranged or Coma? Grin I don't think it really matters though to know who is "right". Let's just listen to the bootlegs and hear some great performances.

About the Tokyo show, I now like some songs live better than on the album, like Scraped and Shackler's Revenge, but others like Catcher In The Rye, There Was A Time and This I Love are difficult to sing I think. That being said, guitars are great on those.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 01:59:46 PM by Will » Logged

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #325 on: January 07, 2010, 02:07:22 PM »

Limulus has released TONS for the community, and has done countless other things that have been beneficial to this 'trading community', as some call it. I'm sure pissing off and annoying him about his research he has done about the recordings will make him think twice about releasing stuff again. He is merely stating his research and his opinion on the two recordings (91/09). I think it's cool he did the research and came to a different conclusion than what the band came to, it's intriguing. But I do have to ask, this is kind of the same thing with the original uploader of this show right? "Don't piss him off -- he won't share again!" -- isn't that the same? I'm sure Limulus is used to the shit, as he has gotten it over the years countless times on this board, but still. There comes a point when enough is enough.

Everyone say thank you to Jarmo now! ok

I know you have your personal issues with me because I've told you and your two pals to stop spamming the board with stupid shit that can be handled between the three of you via e-mails or something.

Limulus has a history of trying to show everybody how great the old band is and how things just "suck" now.

Has nothing to do with the amount of bootlegs he spends his time on releasing.

If I don't agree with him or you, I'll say so. How do you deal with that? You keep posting smart ass remarks in every other thread.

Keep it up. Let's see how long you last here...

You really wanna get kicked out of here because you can't let go of the picture issue? Is it really worth it?

While you and your pals (and others like you who don't like to be told to shut the fuck up) continue to try to piss the guy who runs this site because you don't agree with anything I do/say, I shouldn't say what I think because the guy releases bootlegs?

All this because you think I don't have the right to remove a personal picture that was posted without permission. A picture that belongs to a friend of mine. Fucking priceless.

Of all the things to hold a grudge for. Well that and the fact that you think everybody enjoys your sense of humor in every other thread.....

When will you move the fuck on?

/jarmo

This doesn't relate to this download of the Destroyer, but is in reply to what you said. May be a bit off topic, but we both are going off topic here.

I moved on from the picture thing, as you can tell I didn't bother to respond because no matter the explanation I would be wrong in some way or another in your view. That's fine, I accepted it and moved on. PM'ing me bringing it back up, come on dude -- you need to move on. Like I said, you would be right in the end no matter what. So I just accepted it and tried to move past it. I still believe that if a photo is posted as a public, profile picture then it is free for everyone to see. But so be it, if I wanted to I could find it again -- but I've neither the time nor desire to do so.

I just sometimes think you are out of line, as am I sometimes -- everyone has their moments. But continually bashing Limulus because of his view is just not good for not only this thread and the forum, but for the community. It seems to me, correct me if I'm wrong, but everytime Limulus posts he can't be left alone. Yes it is his opinion the 91 show is longer, and has evidence to prove it -- you don't agree, that's fine. State your case and move on. But continually bashing him and everything just doesn't bode well. He's done a lot for us GNR fans, not only releasing LIVE RECORDINGS (bootleg doesn't sound nice...) but also various other things.

I have no personal issue with you Jarmo, I appreciate the things you've done over the years for all of us fans. Am I jealous you're at all the shows? Absolutely, but that isn't the issue here. I just think that sometimes you get set on a little tirade, target a few people and have at it. And in doing so, in my opinion, make yourself look a little childish. I don't think an Admin of a forum should be constantly bashing and bickering in the forum. Like I said, it's my opinion. But always having to have the last say, come on man. As you tell us a lot, and your buddies do -- take it to a Private Message (as you did with me).

As for me and my buddies "spamming" the forum -- it was a simple Guns 2 Roses thread, that Gavin himself was participating in. It's about Gavin's band, and if he has an issue with it -- then it is a different story. Who gives a shit that we're having a friendly discussion, in a FRIEND's thread? Doesn't harm anyone else, nor does it take away from this forum at all. Wouldn't you rather have the "shenanigans" in that thread than all over?

If you would like to discuss this further and resolve the "issues", we can do so in private whether it be Private Messages/Facebook. Whatever you prefer. I have no problem with you personally, just a few things that have gone down here recently. I know it's tough to run a site like this, especially with a huge tour going on, but doesn't mean I'll always agree with everything.

*edit* ...and if any of this has to do with my 'watermark' comment from this morning, come on. Every picture that is posted like that gets watermarked instantly. I was merely bringing it to your guys attention! I understand, this is the first place it was posted, so I know you guys want your name on it. Simple as that!  peace
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 02:09:01 PM by cotis » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #326 on: January 07, 2010, 02:23:17 PM »

I think he's wrong. Weird concept huh?

If I "bash" or "bicker" it's because of what I think/believe.

I have my own opinion on things, if you say something I don't agree with, I will point it out.

Some of you like to make claims such as "you bash fans". Talk about a generalization. But it happens to anybody who dares to point out that certain elements of the so called fan base has the wrong idea.

I don't "bash fans". I might point out to a little group of people that A: I don't agree with what they say and B: I think they're wrong. Some of these people see themselves as fans, while my own personal definition on what a fan is might be different. Ironically I'm also attacked for that! I'm not allowed to have a definition on what being a fan means to me. Because it upsets some so called fans!

For example: If I think one American is a moron, it doesn't mean I think the whole USA are morons. That would be stupid. But with GN'R fans, it seems to be a viable thing to say "he bashes fans".  hihi

If I look childish, fine. How I appear to a bunch of strangers or my "online imagine" isn't something I spend any time on thinking about.

I say what's on my mind and that's it.  Smiley

/jarmo

PS Yes bumping your friend's band thread with pointless posts can be seen as spamming and could be viewed as unfair to those who don't have that kind of friends. Meaning, other threads won't get bumped to the top day after day.  ok

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #327 on: January 07, 2010, 02:51:26 PM »

This is just fuckin pathetic hihi

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #328 on: January 07, 2010, 02:57:44 PM »

Prep for Shackler's
Corn Shucklers.

She was a corn shuckler,
a real belt buckler,
I'm gonna grind my teeth.

Anyone else catch the Cornshucker referance?

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #329 on: January 07, 2010, 03:00:52 PM »

Yes.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #330 on: January 07, 2010, 11:34:59 PM »

its not about i "think", "believe", "wish" or "hope" what show is longest, those are thoughts from others not me. i've given a method how to calculate a length of a show and used this method on 12/19/2009 Tokyo and 8/03/1991 Inglewood show with the only intention to find out which one was the longest after all and owns the record. the process of this method is described, all the files used for it are circulating worldwide. i've posted the results out of that and those ones all lead to Tokyo'09 is inferior in playing time and inferior in GN'R songs being played with Axl singing - unlike information being given out of band members and "believers". out of my method the claim that Tokyo'09 was the longest show was wrong! if you dont trust my results of my method feel free to do it your own going to the same method i've used and you'll find about the same results +/- ~1sec.
exspecially with pure digital recording fans are able to track a show length themselves, did that with Tokyo and even that differs from the official band version (and i've given my thoughts aswell how they most likely came to that conclusion....coming down to wrong tracking or false information given out by the staff).

can you give me real arguments against this method i've used? or better.....do you have a better method for comparing??

the best (and IMO only better) working method off course would be comparing digital tracking times from true digital unedited soundboards....but fans dont have access to that. i've pointed out the analog issue with possible speed correction for Inglewood91 but right now the taper source still is 4minutes ahead and has at least 4 cuts (each about 20-30sec for switching tapes and batteries....so basically about 90sec even more missing, add to that cassettes usually used to run faster when transfering digital and the pre-recorded intro is way shorter); it might not even exist as complete unedited soundboard.

you can still "think" i'm wrong but as for now there hasnt been any proof let alone any objective argument falsifying my results! noone has come up with real arguments against the method i've used for it or a better way to do so neither!
and as for the words "but they said so" (no real argument by the way).....time has proven to be very carefully with what any band member in any line-up of this band has said, it just even proved themselves wrong with Tokyo'09 digital lenght tracking based on my method.

Re-Union time, baby!!
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #331 on: January 07, 2010, 11:49:15 PM »

THe main obvious thing with the 2 shows is one in 91 contains, songs that for the most part will never really be played again , didn't really transfer well "live", where in 2009 the songs sound tremendous, Im a huge GNR fan from jump, but Im not missing Bad Obsession, The Garden, Locomotive, , You Ain't the First, , get plenty of Dust n Bones, when I saw Duff, .....its a show and still you argue this point and yet I could buy it better if the tour was over to be definitive, but we still don't know what comes down the pipe, maybe 6 more shows will blow all records, then what will you complain?

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #332 on: January 08, 2010, 01:30:28 AM »

THe main obvious thing with the 2 shows is one in 91 contains, songs that for the most part will never really be played again , didn't really transfer well "live", where in 2009 the songs sound tremendous, Im a huge GNR fan from jump, but Im not missing Bad Obsession, The Garden, Locomotive, , You Ain't the First, , get plenty of Dust n Bones, when I saw Duff, .....its a show and still you argue this point and yet I could buy it better if the tour was over to be definitive, but we still don't know what comes down the pipe, maybe 6 more shows will blow all records, then what will you complain?

I agree for the most part. I could do without You Ain't the First, Bad Obsession, Double Talkin' Jive and Move to the City.

But then again, I could do without a few from Tokyo such as Live and Let die (also in Inglewood) and Nice Boys (even though it is a good performance).

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #333 on: January 08, 2010, 06:52:21 AM »

you can still "think" i'm wrong but as for now there hasnt been any proof let alone any objective argument falsifying my results! noone has come up with real arguments against the method i've used for it or a better way to do so neither!

Quote from: Bumblefoot @ Twitter
Longest GNR show ever - 3 hours, 37 minutes. Thanks sooo much to everyone in Taipei, Seoul, Osaka and Tokyo for making this tour kick ass!
Quote from: HTGTH History Section
August 3rd, 1991 - The band plays at the Great Western Forum in Inglewood, CA. This show was the longest one on the whole Use Your Illusion world tour. According to Duff it was three hours, 36 minutes and 19 seconds long.

That's it. You shouldn't be wasting your time since bandmembers know a lot more about it than you do. They do not use tapes or amateur recording to do the math. Wink

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #334 on: January 08, 2010, 07:13:34 AM »

^^thats still the same blindfolded issue "because they said so" combined with speculation of how they track the show lenght, its not a proof!

and as for the words "but they said so" (no real argument by the way).....time has proven to be very carefully with what any band member in any line-up of this band has said, it just even proved themselves wrong with Tokyo'09 digital lenght tracking based on my method.

Re-Union time, baby!!
kelmi
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #335 on: January 08, 2010, 08:38:25 AM »

Jarmo why do you keep bashing if you dont give a shit? That's so swedish...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #336 on: January 08, 2010, 09:46:41 AM »

First post "attacking" me? That's such a newbie thing to do.

I bet you're not a real fan either!  Grin

/jarmo

PS That last sentence was sarcasm.

kelmi
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #337 on: January 08, 2010, 10:04:21 AM »

First post "attacking" me? That's such a newbie thing to do.

I bet you're not a real fan either!  Grin

/jarmo
I dont give a fuck if I'm new at your forum. And you're insulting me saying that I'm not a real fan. Not a real fan if I dont like you're bashing?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #338 on: January 08, 2010, 10:09:53 AM »

Learn how to read.

It was a joke.

Just like I'm doing you a favor by assuming your first post on this board, that was only posted to attack me, was a joke. Am I wrong?

/jarmo

kelmi
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #339 on: January 08, 2010, 10:20:34 AM »

Learn how to read.

It was a joke.

Just like I'm doing you a favor by assuming your first post on this board, that was only posted to attack me, was a joke. Am I wrong?

/jarmo
Umm I dont always see those little prints down below "sarcasm"... umm my message was not a joke? You over react in so many things and think you're always right because you own this shit  smoking
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: