Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 05:26:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227873 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Anyone going to, or have gone to, see the Rob Zombie and Ozzy show?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone going to, or have gone to, see the Rob Zombie and Ozzy show?  (Read 5065 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2007, 01:50:31 PM »

thanks for the review, the mullet family story made me laugh to, i could really imagine how that all went down rofl
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2007, 03:42:05 PM »

Hey Buddha.....I just saw the show at the Joint last Saturday......as you know, it's a great place to see a show Smiley I htought Ozzy rocked, Zombie too.

Axl is God.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2007, 06:34:56 AM »

Hey Buddha.....I just saw the show at the Joint last Saturday......as you know, it's a great place to see a show Smiley I htought Ozzy rocked, Zombie too.

That was such a fun night, seeing GNR at the Joint. Ill never forget that. Damn must have been cool seeing Ozzy and Zombie that close.

You know what doesnt make sense with these shows? You have Rob Zombie and Ozzy doing these shows being in the same building,  and not once do they perform Iron head. WTF?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Chief
Legend

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2007, 02:27:40 PM »

bahhahahh! this is why i love reviews! thanks man for taking the effort!

mullet family, is like gold!  i only WISH you had a picture to go along with!

Alright, got back like 15 minutes ago.

Opening group 'In the moment' was way too obnoxiously loud. Didnt know a thing the chick was screaming about. There were lots of boos throughout their short little set.

Rob Zombie owns. I love him. Im talking man crush. MY old lady says I have a man crush on Leonidas from 300. Whatever.). Rob was again just solid. So entertaining. In all the years of seeing shows, Rob puts on one of my favorite live shows. I love the giant Robot. Love those crazy dancing chicks. I love the aliens. I love how he incorporated Devils Rejects with the music. So just class. Dug Rob. The Videos with the naked chicks and the horror scenes was great. I love mature concerts for adults when they are dirty like Zombies. Crowd was going fucking nuts too. Great crowd tonight. I had an awesome seat one row back from the mullet family (I will get to them later). Anyway, Zombie was mucho fucking excellent.

Ozzy. Malcolm posted in the thread above a setlist. I will paste it again:

01. I Don?t Wanna Stop
02. Crazy Train
03. Suicide Solution
04. Mr. Crowley
05. Not Going Away
06. Into The Void
07. Road To Nowhere
08. Fire in the Sky
09. Bark at the Moon
10. Guitar Solo (Z. Wylde)
11. I Don?t Know
12. Here For You
13. I Don?t Want to Change the World

Encore

14. Mama I?m Coming Home
15. Paranoid

The only difference is... nothing. Fuck, this really was exactly the setlist tonight. I didnt like the absence of Black Sabbath. But saying that, it was great seeing Ozzy. The motherfucker sprayed so many people with water out of what looked like a fire hose it was nuts. Tonight is cold like 40 degrees. I felt bad for those fuckers. But it was funny. Ozzy sounded great. Wilde is a beast on guitar. Literally. He is great. Pounding his chest like a maniac. Solo was pretty great. One thing I thought was weird was in the Zombie show during the guitar solo ( don't remember who the guitarist for Zombie is), he played part of the Star Spangled Banner. Then during the Ozzy show Wilde also played the Star Spangled Banner during his solo. Little strange. Wilde played for a looong time. I can't imagine that even Ozzy needed that much of the oxygen mask. The crowd was awesome for Ozzy too (of course). Ozzy didn't need to keep begging the crowd to go nuts and get loud. He kept yelling at the crowd to get crazier but we already were. Ozzy looked great, sounded great. It was great seeing him.

Even though I personally dug Zombie more tonight, I had the most fun during Ozzy. You see, even though the liquid bread was being consumed from the beginning tonight, the magical edibles started kicking in half way through the Zombie show. I was pretty fucking happy going into Ozzy as it was, but then the funniest thing I have ever seen at a concert happened ( I had one of my biggest laughing fits ever tonight). The Mullet family.

Im am still laughing about them as I am typing this. There was momma mullet, daddy mullet, and then two pretty normal looking kids (boy and a girl). mommy and daddy's mullets were fucking unreal. Throughout Ozzy's set, mommy and daddy mullet were playing air guitar and what I assume was some air musical instruments from the future I have never seen before. They were also doing these crazy moves with there hands like they were casting spells and making there hands like they were looking through binoculars. It was crazy. Their kids were in the middle of these two. What made me almost piss on myself, was mommy mullet kept trying to get everyone around her to clap like she was. She was like tying to give people instructions on how to do it right. While she was doing this her and daddy mullet were smoking cigarettes and were blowing it fucking everywhere. Blew in the in boys face, the girls face. Didn't matter. They were so busy smoking their cigs and playing their air instruments they seemed to totally forget they had their kids their. The kids didnt know what the fuck was going on. They will probably grow listening to country because  of their mullet parents. Cigerette smoking by itself doesn't bother me but what did was that their was such a sweat smell of the beautiful herb in the air, and the ashtray smoke from the mullets was fucking it up.

OH, a couple people were taken out on stretchers tonight too. Not sure what happened.

Hmm, not sure what else to say. If any of you have any questions I will be happy to answer. I will probably remember more tomorrow. I am going to go play some Mario Galaxy and go to bed.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2007, 09:50:22 PM »

Some pix I took on friday, great concert!  beer

If the world would end today... Wink
SLCPUNK
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2007, 12:43:08 PM »

Wow, thanks for the review and thanks for the pictures.

Too bad no camera for the mullet family. That's the thing about going to concerts, you always get some freak show action on the sidelines-fuckin' circus people!
RoxyCotton
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2007, 03:49:45 PM »

The mullet family story was awesome!  There's actually a mullet website where people take pictures of mullets in their town and post them under "hunts."

Check it out...it's hilarious....

http://mulletsgalore.com/
SLCPUNK
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2007, 04:04:36 PM »

I remember when I first saw that site years ago. I must have stayed up for hours looking at that thing. It's really one helluva website, had my in tears at some points.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2007, 03:52:15 AM »

I went to the show in Billings back in November and it kicked some sirious ass.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: