Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:33:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Anyone going to, or have gone to, see the Rob Zombie and Ozzy show?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone going to, or have gone to, see the Rob Zombie and Ozzy show?  (Read 5124 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« on: November 30, 2007, 12:59:23 AM »

Im going tomorrow night, Friday, at the motherfucking Staples Center. Believe it. Ill have my GNR shirt on. Any of you fuckers going?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 01:57:23 AM »

I love Ozzy and consider Zombie a hero, but sadly no, they've priced me out on this tour and I'm too broke to fight it. I wanted to see them at the DCU Center in January, but I just don't see it happening. I've seen both before, Zombie multiple times, and I know this won't be my last chance for either. Have a good time ok
Chief
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 02:33:49 AM »

nope, sorry dude.  I think ozzy is way past his prime ... but have fun, i'm sure it will be a good time!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 12:02:02 PM »

I am sorry to say I never got to see Ozzy live, so past his prime or not Im excited to see the crzy old bastard. I am a huge sabbath fan (Only when Ozzy was in Sabbath). If he plays a lot of Black Sabbath I will be a happy fucker. I have seen Rob a couple times already, and he puts on one of the best shows I have seen, and I have seen a lot of shows. Fucking Robots and aliens n' shit. He is great live.

I love partying with other GNR fans so I was hoping to see some of you tonight in L.A. Ah well.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 12:03:07 PM »

I am sorry to say I never got to see Ozzy live, so past his prime or not Im excited to see the crzy old bastard. I am a huge sabbath fan (Only when Ozzy was in Sabbath). If he plays a lot of Black Sabbath I will be a happy fucker. I have seen Rob a couple times already, and he puts on one of the best shows I have seen, and I have seen a lot of shows. Fucking Robots and aliens n' shit. He is great live.

I love partying with other GNR fans so I was hoping to see some of you tonight in L.A. Ah well.

usually he only plays like 2 or 3 at most sabbath tracks.

usually 2 though.

html sucks
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 12:09:40 PM »

usually he only plays like 2 or 3 at most sabbath tracks.

usually 2 though.

Damn sorry to hear that. Maybe I will get lucky tonight. I really don't like much of his solo stuff. Sorry to all you 'No more tears' fans. The shit just so pales compared to Bloody Sabbath.

and P.S. I have saved some superior Sweat Leaf just for tonight  smoking

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 12:38:34 PM »

lol im sorry but no more tears pwns sabbath.

i love that album.

html sucks
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 12:47:46 PM »

lol im sorry but no more tears pwns sabbath.

i love that album.

NO WAY   Grin

Early Ozzy and Sabbath Ozzy KICK ASS ok

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 12:48:38 PM »

Ozzy plays 'Into The Void' and 'Paranoid' on this tour

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 12:52:16 PM »

"lol im sorry but no more tears pwns sabbath.

i love that album."

I don't know. Its just so 80's poofy synthetic compared to the rawness of Sabbath. Musicianship is far inferior to Sabbath. That can't really be argued. No more tears owning Sabbath with Ozzy... wow. That is one of the nuttiest things I have ever heard. I respect you, but that is nutty.

"Ozzy plays 'Into The Void' and 'Paranoid' on this tour"

What is there just one setlist. No mixing shit up? Hmmm.... that just won't do.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 01:11:36 PM »

its not poofy lol.

zakk wyldes solos own iommis.

though geezer butler bass playing > over almost anyone

html sucks
SLCPUNK
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 03:08:02 PM »

Im going tomorrow night, Friday, at the motherfucking Staples Center. Believe it. Ill have my GNR shirt on. Any of you fuckers going?

Be sure to give us a review. I really hope they make it to Tampa.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 03:47:26 PM »

SPOILER....

01. I Don?t Wanna Stop
02. Crazy Train
03. Suicide Solution
04. Mr. Crowley
05. Not Going Away
06. Into The Void
07. Road To Nowhere
08. Fire in the Sky
09. Bark at the Moon
10. Guitar Solo (Z. Wylde)
11. I Don?t Know
12. Here For You
13. I Don?t Want to Change the World

Encore

14. Mama I?m Coming Home
15. Paranoid

This has been the setlist for the entire tour with the exception of the opening night

von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2007, 05:22:45 PM »

SPOILER....

01. I Don?t Wanna Stop
02. Crazy Train
03. Suicide Solution
04. Mr. Crowley
05. Not Going Away
06. Into The Void
07. Road To Nowhere
08. Fire in the Sky
09. Bark at the Moon
11. I Don?t Know
12. Here For You

Encore

14. Mama I?m Coming Home
15. Paranoid

This has been the setlist for the entire tour with the exception of the opening night

Wow. That's more new material than I expected. Wish I was going, I'm really into Black Rain.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2007, 06:17:51 PM »

Got to say that setlist bums me out a bit. But in all reality, I will probably be way too under the influence of substances to really give a fuck.

edit: Thanks for the heads up Malcolm

sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2007, 06:50:55 PM »

Got to say that setlist bums me out a bit. But in all reality, I will probably be way too under the influence of substances to really give a fuck.

edit: Thanks for the heads up Malcolm

Buddha, have an awesome time and don't forget to post a review...They are coming to here (nyc) on Dec. 23rd...I'd love to go...

p.s. appreciate that you have some "sweet leaf" saved!!!!!! smoking
Chief
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2007, 09:54:17 PM »

have fun dude, looking forward to the review!  i caught sabbath on their reunion tour about 10 years ago and it was pretty fun!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2007, 05:22:29 AM »

Alright, got back like 15 minutes ago.

Opening group 'In the moment' was way too obnoxiously loud. Didnt know a thing the chick was screaming about. There were lots of boos throughout their short little set.

Rob Zombie owns. I love him. Im talking man crush. MY old lady says I have a man crush on Leonidas from 300. Whatever.). Rob was again just solid. So entertaining. In all the years of seeing shows, Rob puts on one of my favorite live shows. I love the giant Robot. Love those crazy dancing chicks. I love the aliens. I love how he incorporated Devils Rejects with the music. So just class. Dug Rob. The Videos with the naked chicks and the horror scenes was great. I love mature concerts for adults when they are dirty like Zombies. Crowd was going fucking nuts too. Great crowd tonight. I had an awesome seat one row back from the mullet family (I will get to them later). Anyway, Zombie was mucho fucking excellent.

Ozzy. Malcolm posted in the thread above a setlist. I will paste it again:

01. I Don?t Wanna Stop
02. Crazy Train
03. Suicide Solution
04. Mr. Crowley
05. Not Going Away
06. Into The Void
07. Road To Nowhere
08. Fire in the Sky
09. Bark at the Moon
11. I Don?t Know
12. Here For You

Encore

14. Mama I?m Coming Home
15. Paranoid

The only difference is... nothing. Fuck, this really was exactly the setlist tonight. I didnt like the absence of Black Sabbath. But saying that, it was great seeing Ozzy. The motherfucker sprayed so many people with water out of what looked like a fire hose it was nuts. Tonight is cold like 40 degrees. I felt bad for those fuckers. But it was funny. Ozzy sounded great. Wilde is a beast on guitar. Literally. He is great. Pounding his chest like a maniac. Solo was pretty great. One thing I thought was weird was in the Zombie show during the guitar solo ( don't remember who the guitarist for Zombie is), he played part of the Star Spangled Banner. Then during the Ozzy show Wilde also played the Star Spangled Banner during his solo. Little strange. Wilde played for a looong time. I can't imagine that even Ozzy needed that much of the oxygen mask. The crowd was awesome for Ozzy too (of course). Ozzy didn't need to keep begging the crowd to go nuts and get loud. He kept yelling at the crowd to get crazier but we already were. Ozzy looked great, sounded great. It was great seeing him.

Even though I personally dug Zombie more tonight, I had the most fun during Ozzy. You see, even though the liquid bread was being consumed from the beginning tonight, the magical edibles started kicking in half way through the Zombie show. I was pretty fucking happy going into Ozzy as it was, but then the funniest thing I have ever seen at a concert happened ( I had one of my biggest laughing fits ever tonight). The Mullet family.

Im am still laughing about them as I am typing this. There was momma mullet, daddy mullet, and then two pretty normal looking kids (boy and a girl). mommy and daddy's mullets were fucking unreal. Throughout Ozzy's set, mommy and daddy mullet were playing air guitar and what I assume was some air musical instruments from the future I have never seen before. They were also doing these crazy moves with there hands like they were casting spells and making there hands like they were looking through binoculars. It was crazy. Their kids were in the middle of these two. What made me almost piss on myself, was mommy mullet kept trying to get everyone around her to clap like she was. She was like tying to give people instructions on how to do it right. While she was doing this her and daddy mullet were smoking cigarettes and were blowing it fucking everywhere. Blew in the in boys face, the girls face. Didn't matter. They were so busy smoking their cigs and playing their air instruments they seemed to totally forget they had their kids their. The kids didnt know what the fuck was going on. They will probably grow listening to country because  of their mullet parents. Cigerette smoking by itself doesn't bother me but what did was that their was such a sweat smell of the beautiful herb in the air, and the ashtray smoke from the mullets was fucking it up.

OH, a couple people were taken out on stretchers tonight too. Not sure what happened.

Hmm, not sure what else to say. If any of you have any questions I will be happy to answer. I will probably remember more tomorrow. I am going to go play some Mario Galaxy and go to bed.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2007, 11:00:08 AM »

Rob Zombie Setlist:

01. Sawdust in the Blood
02. American Witch
03. Demon Speeding
04. Living Dead Girl
05. More Human Than Human
06. Superbeast
07. House of 1,000 Corpses
08. Let It All Bleed Out
09. Never Gonna Stop
10. Thunder Kiss ?65
11. The Devil?s Rejects
12. Dragula

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2007, 11:07:39 AM »

Rob Zombie Setlist:

01. Sawdust in the Blood
02. American Witch
03. Demon Speeding
04. Living Dead Girl
05. More Human Than Human
06. Superbeast
07. House of 1,000 Corpses
08. Let It All Bleed Out
09. Never Gonna Stop
10. Thunder Kiss ?65
11. The Devil?s Rejects
12. Dragula

that is one badass setlist!!!!! hell that would just be a total non stop head banging fest!

html sucks
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: