Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:45:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  HTGTH *GREATEST WWWF/WWF/WWE CHAMPION EVER TOURNAMENT* THREAD.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HTGTH *GREATEST WWWF/WWF/WWE CHAMPION EVER TOURNAMENT* THREAD.  (Read 52568 times)
Evolution
« Reply #340 on: November 11, 2006, 05:18:26 PM »

Not true Evo

If u would've had Chris Jericho vs Bruno Sammartino, I still wouldve picked Bruno even though Jericho is probably my fav wrestler ever cause No one in their right mind would take Jericho over Bruno as far as being a champion.

I think some picked the Greatest WRESTLER

The fact Hogan is a shit wrestler is irrelevant. He held the title for 3 years!!!!!!! Hulk Hogan is known in 3rd world countries where English is the 5th language.

Bret Hart was a great wrestler but I don't think he was ever a huge draw or a great champion. To me he got the belt cause there wasnt anyone else who could carry it.

Hogan had the belt and there wasnt anyone close and this was during two different eras, the 80's and the huge explosion of the 90's.

Hogan also had just as good a Heel Title Run as a Face title Run and that is simply unheard of.

No wrestler in History can play the face and Heel both as successfully and great as Hulk Hogan.

To be fair, Hogan was eliminated by arguably the 90's equivilant.

And it's not as if we have Semi Finals such as Jericho/JBL etc. We have Bret, Austin, The Rock and HHH!
Evolution
« Reply #341 on: November 11, 2006, 05:18:44 PM »

I vote Steve Austin.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #342 on: November 11, 2006, 05:28:00 PM »

Stone Cold Steve Austin.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #343 on: November 11, 2006, 06:29:27 PM »

SCSA? I can live with Stone Cold but as great as he was, he couldnt lace up Hulk Hogan's boots when it comes to being a champion.

there has never been a world champion more revered and idolized than Hulk Hogan.

Not to mention Hulk Hogan is what made the WWWF the WWF, he made Wrestling, without Hulk Hogan we more than likely wouldnt even be on this forum discussing wrestling.

Stone Cold was a failure who caught a big gimmick and got big.

Hulk Hogan was responsible for carrying two seperate companies to the top.

Hogan dominated in two totally different eras of wrestling, he dominated as the greatest face of all time and his character can be in the discussion for greatest heel ever.

when he turned at Bash at the Beach, he broke people's hearts. For that moment in time, wrestling was 100 percent real.

Stone Cold will never be half as famous as Hulk Hogan. Stone cold had a great 3 year run out of a 20 year career. There was barely a time Hulk Hogan wasnt famous and a champion of something. So to say SCSA was the 90's equivalent isnt true cause Hogan and his role in the NWO was as Big if not BIGGER than Stone Cold.? Remember when Hogan was the HEEL at Wrestlemania but the fans c heered him and booed the fuck out of THE ROCK. they edited that shit out on replays but if u saw it live u would know that there has never been a greater anything in wrestling than Hulk Hogan.

If Hogan wrestled SCSA, I believe the same thing would happen.

I think people voted against him cause he was he no brainer and most people dont like voting for the no brainer. Or people just dont like Hogan cause of all the stuff HBK has said about him.

It was only after WCW fired Bisch and totally dropped the ball that WWE dominated again.? I think WCW beat themselves due to poor management than WWE actually beat them and none of that is Hogan's fault in my opinion.

U can say what u want about Hulk Hogan, I read his book and I believe that he did his job. I dont blame him a bit for not wanting to job to Billy Kidman, I mean who the fuck would ever buy that Billy Kidman could beat Hulk Hogan, that would've been ridiculous.

Hogan did what it took to make as much money as he could to be set for life, if he politicked a little to do so, oh well, but its not like he was a shitty draw or anything.

Even at 53 years old, when he is on a Raw or a PPV, the numbers increase.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 06:36:12 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #344 on: November 11, 2006, 06:47:59 PM »

i vote for Bret Hart

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #345 on: November 12, 2006, 12:31:55 AM »

I have to also vote for Bret Hart. Austin was mostly gimmick, and also had a finishing move that my grandma couldve kicked out of.

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #346 on: November 12, 2006, 10:50:12 AM »

SCSA.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #347 on: November 12, 2006, 12:32:35 PM »

Austin.....i mean he inspired Raw Is War and attitude...nuff said

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #348 on: November 12, 2006, 12:47:00 PM »

Koko B. Ware Cool

....seriously though, er, Austin
Evolution
« Reply #349 on: November 12, 2006, 04:54:04 PM »

After two weeks, we have our Champion!

HTGTH GREATEST EVER WWF CHAMPION

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #350 on: November 12, 2006, 05:10:33 PM »

thats a fair result!  beer

Maybe we could have a WCW one now?  hihi

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Evolution
« Reply #351 on: November 12, 2006, 05:25:53 PM »

I'm done with the idea  hihi

If anyone else wants to do another one for another title, please go ahead.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #352 on: November 12, 2006, 07:57:59 PM »

no way! i couldnt possibly do that again  hihi

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #353 on: November 13, 2006, 12:06:47 AM »

SCSA is very worthy of such a title, no complaints here.

I'm kinda over the main champion one, but maybe in a few weeks we should start a best tag team champ one. I think that would be cool.? smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #354 on: November 13, 2006, 01:12:35 AM »

If you do a best tag team elimination, it has to include teams other than just WWF teams, or it wouldn't be worth a shit. Most of the best teams ever are from other federations.

stardustonmyfeet
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #355 on: November 13, 2006, 12:44:15 PM »

My favorite tag teams of all time have to be Leigion of Doom, Demolition, & The Eliminators from ECW beer
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #356 on: November 14, 2006, 01:07:31 AM »

For shits and giggles, here's my top 10 tag teams of all time list....

The Road Warriors
The Midnight Express
Ivan and Nikita Koloff(also Kruschev)
The Hart Foundation
Ole and Arne Anderson
Demolition
Tully Blanchard and Arne Anderson
The Freebirds
The British Bulldogs
The Rock n Roll Express

Honorable mentions to Rick Rude and Manny Fernandez, the Von Erichs, Dr Death Steve Williams and Mike Rotunda, and a few others.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #357 on: November 14, 2006, 02:08:01 PM »

SCSA? I can live with Stone Cold but as great as he was, he couldnt lace up Hulk Hogan's boots when it comes to being a champion.

there has never been a world champion more revered and idolized than Hulk Hogan.

Not to mention Hulk Hogan is what made the WWWF the WWF, he made Wrestling, without Hulk Hogan we more than likely wouldnt even be on this forum discussing wrestling.

Stone Cold was a failure who caught a big gimmick and got big.

Hulk Hogan was responsible for carrying two seperate companies to the top.

Hogan dominated in two totally different eras of wrestling, he dominated as the greatest face of all time and his character can be in the discussion for greatest heel ever.

when he turned at Bash at the Beach, he broke people's hearts. For that moment in time, wrestling was 100 percent real.

Stone Cold will never be half as famous as Hulk Hogan. Stone cold had a great 3 year run out of a 20 year career. There was barely a time Hulk Hogan wasnt famous and a champion of something. So to say SCSA was the 90's equivalent isnt true cause Hogan and his role in the NWO was as Big if not BIGGER than Stone Cold.? Remember when Hogan was the HEEL at Wrestlemania but the fans c heered him and booed the fuck out of THE ROCK. they edited that shit out on replays but if u saw it live u would know that there has never been a greater anything in wrestling than Hulk Hogan.

If Hogan wrestled SCSA, I believe the same thing would happen.

I think people voted against him cause he was he no brainer and most people dont like voting for the no brainer. Or people just dont like Hogan cause of all the stuff HBK has said about him.

It was only after WCW fired Bisch and totally dropped the ball that WWE dominated again.? I think WCW beat themselves due to poor management than WWE actually beat them and none of that is Hogan's fault in my opinion.

U can say what u want about Hulk Hogan, I read his book and I believe that he did his job. I dont blame him a bit for not wanting to job to Billy Kidman, I mean who the fuck would ever buy that Billy Kidman could beat Hulk Hogan, that would've been ridiculous.

Hogan did what it took to make as much money as he could to be set for life, if he politicked a little to do so, oh well, but its not like he was a shitty draw or anything.

Even at 53 years old, when he is on a Raw or a PPV, the numbers increase.

I agree with everything you just said.

Still....I understand why Hogan lost early on.  Keep in mind, and I'm not knocking the posters here AT ALL when I say this,  many of those posting were not (I don't think, given the conversations we've had on the subject) wrestling fans back in the 80's, during Hogan's pivitol WWF/WWE run.  It's tough to compare something you've never really seen, in person, to something you grew up with.  Again, that's not a dig, it just is what it is.  They weren't around, to see the state of wrestling, when Hogan beat the Iron Sheik and they weren't around to see how wrestling rode Hogan's coat tails (with some help from Vince) to become basically what it is today....actually, bigger than it is, today....but certainly as big as it was during SCSA's run.  And combine that with the fact that SCSA's run was roughly half the time Hogan's was.....and he wasn't champ the entire time, either.

Again, I don't knock those who voted for SCSA.  He's certainly a worthy choice....but, IMHO, as great a champ as he was, Hogan was better.  That being said.."the tribe has spoken". Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #358 on: November 14, 2006, 02:10:52 PM »

haha i was a bigger fan in the 80's than i have been at anypoint in my life but the big boot legdrop finisher was bullshit....i hated him hihi at least macho man and warriror's move woulda hurt like a sonofabitch  hihi and i know for a fact that the camel clutch and the figure 4 hurt  rofl but bigbootlegdrop...c'mon Roll Eyes

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #359 on: November 14, 2006, 02:38:43 PM »

haha i was a bigger fan in the 80's than i have been at anypoint in my life but the big boot legdrop finisher was bullshit....i hated him hihi at least macho man and warriror's move woulda hurt like a sonofabitch? hihi and i know for a fact that the camel clutch and the figure 4 hurt? rofl but bigbootlegdrop...c'mon Roll Eyes

Now you're talking about "wrestler", not champion.  If you're talking purely "wrestler"...SCSA shouldn't be in the top 5, never mind the champ.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: