Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 09:12:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  HTGTH *GREATEST WWWF/WWF/WWE CHAMPION EVER TOURNAMENT* THREAD.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HTGTH *GREATEST WWWF/WWF/WWE CHAMPION EVER TOURNAMENT* THREAD.  (Read 53314 times)
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #320 on: November 10, 2006, 04:37:33 PM »

HHH  ok

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #321 on: November 10, 2006, 04:46:17 PM »

HHH

Bret Hart is the biggest crybaby in wrestling history plus he carried the ball during the lowest ratings AND basically got fired and sent to WCW and WWE's ratings went through the roof after he left.

So how can he be a great champ when the company did 5 times better after they fired him?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
redarmy76
Headliner

OK, Nevermind

« Reply #322 on: November 10, 2006, 04:52:51 PM »

Tough Call,

I'll go with Bret Hart though, he seemed to bring the best out his opponents every night

Bitch slap rappin'
Evolution
« Reply #323 on: November 10, 2006, 04:54:22 PM »

You could claim the WWF's fortunes declined following Triple H's first title reign.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #324 on: November 10, 2006, 06:25:21 PM »

You could claim the WWF's fortunes declined following Triple H's first title reign.

haha it hought i posted that but my computer musta times out Undecided oh well any way i know alot of peopel who stopped watching during hhh's reign (myself included)

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #325 on: November 10, 2006, 06:38:56 PM »

Bret without a shadow of a doubt.

HHH was good and had title reign after title reign. . but never took it forward IMO. and after a while got incredibly boring and like the guy above HHH 3rd reign was when i thought it got stupid and stopped watching. And lets face it we all know why he won it so many times . . There was divine help should we say and for a period he was the only one.

Trips deserves to be in the semis but to say HHH is one of the best 2 champions of all time is bullshit

Bret went through Tag team, IC and then became World Champ and it took years of hard work.

Sharpshooter was an awesome move and he showed people how to be a perfect "Wrestling" Champion.

Bret is the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be . . . I think that sums it up

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #326 on: November 10, 2006, 06:42:39 PM »

So how can he be a great champ when the company did 5 times better after they fired him?

But that was nothing to do with triple h. The attitude era was alot more than HHH.

Yes bret was champ when wrestling got stale. But not because of Bret. Just think of the ratings if he hadn't been there. At that time only Bret and HBK could have been champ

[/color]

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #327 on: November 10, 2006, 06:50:34 PM »

How is Hulk Hogan eliminated?

I think he was by far the greatest champ ever. when he was champ the world title was on par almost with the boxing heavyweight title.

It really? meant something when Hogan? had it.? there has also never been a bigger draw than Hogan.

I think this game has went the way of the biased Frontman and band survivors.

I think u guys are pickin? your favorites and not being objective as to who should really be the champ.

the fact it isnt Hogan vs Stone Cold or Hogan vs Ric Flair to me makes this game less credible.

Bret was a great wrestler, one of the best ever, but I dont think he was all that good of a champion.

As I said earlier.

Hogan leaves WWE for WCW and the power shifts instantly

WWE gets rid of Hart and almost immediately their entire company turns around.

that alone should make Hart not a factor.

If u are a great champ that means the company could not survive without u.

WWE prospered and thrived without Hart whereas losing Hulk Hogan almost and for awhile killed them.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 06:53:02 PM by D » Logged

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #328 on: November 10, 2006, 07:01:54 PM »

I think he was by far the greatest champ ever. when he was champ the world title was on par almost with the boxing heavyweight title.

It really? meant something when Hogan? had it.? there has also never been a bigger draw than Hogan.

I think u guys are pickin? your favorites and not being objective as to who should really be the champ.

the fact it isnt Hogan vs Stone Cold or Hogan vs Ric Flair to me makes this game less credible.

Bret was a great wrestler, one of the best ever, but I dont think he was all that good of a champion.

As I said earlier.

WWE prospered and thrived without Hart whereas losing Hulk Hogan almost and for awhile killed them.

I agree with what your saying i'm just saying that the power did not shift because hogan left . . it changed because of nWo and Goldberg.

I honestly think Bret, Hogan and Austin are the best Champions of all time. they did the most for the company IMO. Maybe its just me and my mates but as soon as Bret lost his title to HBK and then the 'Attitude era' started we all lost interest in WWF's product. And our interest did not return untill Austin and McMahon really got going.

Thats why i consider bret a good champ because people really rooted for him and he was the unofficial peoples champ thats the way i saw it . . Thats why he is a great champ for me.

But not sure who eliminated Hogan . . It is crazy

[/color]

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #329 on: November 10, 2006, 07:14:58 PM »

hogan lost to austin in round 2 Embarrassed

Evolution
« Reply #330 on: November 10, 2006, 07:53:24 PM »

When it comes to wrestling, your all-time favourites are always going to be the guys who were around when you got into it first.

I just think the fact Hogan isn't around solidifies that as we have a voter base that leans more towards the 90's onwards.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #331 on: November 10, 2006, 08:21:10 PM »

When it comes to wrestling, your all-time favourites are always going to be the guys who were around when you got into it first.

I just think the fact Hogan isn't around solidifies that as we have a voter base that leans more towards the 90's onwards.

I grew up watching hogan as a kid so he does have a special place in my heart. But Hulk Hogan is a huge part of the popular mainstream success of wrestling. Him as champion put that company on the map and allowed them to grow to what they are today. If Hogan was never there, one could argue that maybe this company would still be there but I belive the likely hood of that is low.

I've been doing some thinking about this whole greatest champion thing, and I am guilty of? voting for my favorite wrestler rather than voting for the best champion. Evidence being I voted for HBK, who is my favorite wrestler, over the rock but that was a mistake. I have thought about this over the last day or so and now feel I can grasp what the greatest wwe champion means to me:

The Greatest Champion ever imo should be awared to wrestlers that, while being champion, had great gimmicks, great matches, and put asses in the seats and ratings on television. With that being said theres only a few guys on this list that deserve the heading of "Greatest Champion Ever". HHH and Bret Hart are not one of them. Both of these guys were above average champions but not great ones.

The greatest champion ever is one of three guys imo. Thats Hulk Hogan, Stone-cold Steve Austin, and The Rock. All three of these guys are the only ones that fully fullfill my requirements of being a great champion, which means I belive they had the best gimmicks, greatest matches, and put the most asses in the seats and ratings on television while being champion than any other wrestler in wwe history. To me, one can argue the best champion is one of these 3 but nobody else is close to acheiving what these three guys did as champion.

Just thought I would add my 2 cents.? smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #332 on: November 10, 2006, 11:11:27 PM »

bret cuz he kicked ass and also cuz HHH's title reign was boring after a while...they just let him hold it too long IMO
I agree 100%, and am also voting for Bret Hart. Excellent point about HHH. They allowed him to have a boring title run, and it did fuck things up for awhile. Similar occurrence happened with Flair during one of his title runs in the 80's. There was a period of time when someone like Magnum T.A. or Nikita Koloff should have won the belt, but they kept it on Flair.

It really  meant something when Hogan  had it.  there has also never been a bigger draw than Hogan.

I think u guys are pickin  your favorites and not being objective as to who should really be the champ.

As I said earlier.

Excellent post. I could add to it, but you pretty much hit the nail on the head.  beer

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #333 on: November 10, 2006, 11:18:41 PM »

HHH

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #334 on: November 11, 2006, 05:40:01 AM »

hogan lost to austin in round 2 Embarrassed

Well in all honesty that could have been the final.

Not sure anyone wrestlers have done more for the company than these two

[/color]

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #335 on: November 11, 2006, 10:05:28 AM »

jsut the way the cards fell Sad

Evolution
« Reply #336 on: November 11, 2006, 10:12:22 AM »

I think voting for who you think is deserved a winner and your favourite are one and the same.

They are your fave because you think they are the best no?
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #337 on: November 11, 2006, 12:50:53 PM »

I think voting for who you think is deserved a winner and your favourite are one and the same.

They are your fave because you think they are the best no?

exactly right Evo!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #338 on: November 11, 2006, 01:02:29 PM »

Not true Evo

If u would've had Chris Jericho vs Bruno Sammartino, I still wouldve picked Bruno even though Jericho is probably my fav wrestler ever cause No one in their right mind would take Jericho over Bruno as far as being a champion.

I think some picked the Greatest WRESTLER

The fact Hogan is a shit wrestler is irrelevant. He held the title for 3 years!!!!!!! Hulk Hogan is known in 3rd world countries where English is the 5th language.

Bret Hart was a great wrestler but I don't think he was ever a huge draw or a great champion. To me he got the belt cause there wasnt anyone else who could carry it.

Hogan had the belt and there wasnt anyone close and this was during two different eras, the 80's and the huge explosion of the 90's.

Hogan also had just as good a Heel Title Run as a Face title Run and that is simply unheard of.

No wrestler in History can play the face and Heel both as successfully and great as Hulk Hogan.

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #339 on: November 11, 2006, 03:11:00 PM »

Looks like we have a Bret/Austin final.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: