Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:52:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227925 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN  (Read 245936 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2009, 08:17:29 PM »

DJ is officially in the band as one of three guitar players, he's replacing Robin.

When the press release talks about Robin, it means that Robin is part of the history of GN'R as well as being part of Chinese Democracy.

/jarmo

So, do you know, is Robin gone for good, or just for the upcoming tour (or the initial legs of the tour)?

Ali

DJ is in the band, he's not just a temporary replacement:

DJ is officially in the band as one of three guitar players, he's replacing Robin.

When the press release talks about Robin, it means that Robin is part of the history of GN'R as well as being part of Chinese Democracy.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2009, 08:19:14 PM »

/jarmo

So, do you know, is Robin gone for good, or just for the upcoming tour (or the initial legs of the tour)?

Ali

DJ is in the band, he's not just a temporary replacement:

/jarmo

O.k.  Thanks for clearing that up.  The whole joining for an upcoming tour thing made me think that perhaps it was just a touring situation.

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2009, 08:23:04 PM »

O.k.  Thanks for clearing that up.  The whole joining for an upcoming tour thing made me think that perhaps it was just a touring situation.

Ali

I believe the tour is next on the agenda, so it makes sense to mention it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2009, 08:24:46 PM »

It's up at GNR's MySpace now...

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=12994546&blogId=478206856

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2009, 08:26:40 PM »

Awesome news! I love the first Beautiful Creatures CD! He's an AWESOME guitar player, and I'm glad that he's in GN'R!

Welcome aboard, DJ!  peace

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2009, 08:30:41 PM »

ooookkkkk....things clear now thanx to Mr. Jarmo
Bye Robin  Sad
welcome Ashba  Smiley
and welcome tour!  Grin
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2009, 08:38:58 PM »

i don't really see what axl sees in him, all i've heard is a weak guitar tone and generic solos, and SOLA was a big piece of shit.

besides, he doesn't even play with les pauls, hope that changes...

we'll see how he fits, but robin was and is a lot better than him, and so is ryan roxie

Chinese Democracy!
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2009, 08:41:08 PM »

wow, shocking

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Dark Angel
Rocker

Life is what happens in-between...

« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2009, 08:46:06 PM »

...and gunsnroses.com

http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090321&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp

bfoot - "Life's too damn short to be upset about what you don't have ?
enjoy what you do have"
www.bumblefoot.com
www.baldfreak.com
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2009, 08:49:05 PM »

Wow, BIG news!

Farewell Robin, and thank you for the huge contribution you have made to GNR.

Welcome DJ  beer
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2009, 08:49:14 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES Joined By SIXX: A.M. Guitarist D.J. ASHBA - Mar. 21, 2009

GUNS N' ROSES has announce that guitarist and songwriter D.J. Ashba has joined the band for the upcoming tour.

Ashba, who officially replaces current NINE INCH NAILS guitarist Robin Finck, is best known as co-founder of hard rock bands SIXX: A.M. and BEAUTIFUL CREATURES.

"D.J.'s a gifted, energetic guitarist that GUNS N' ROSES is proud to have on board!!" exclaims Axl Rose. "We're very excited to have the opportunity to work together. GUNS' radar has silently been aware of D.J.'s presence for quite some time! He brings a fresh approach to our particular brand of mayhem expanding the tapestry of GUNS N' ROSES live. Once D.J.'s name was in the hat, the hat disappeared!!"

Ashba stated, "It's an honor to have the opportunity to be a part of a band that I have always loved and respected. I'm looking forward to working with Axl, who is not only one of the few great frontmen of our generation, but a true artist."

D.J. Ashba co-wrote and co-produced M?TLEY CR?E's latest album, "Saints of Los Angeles", which garnered a 2008 Grammy nomination for "Best Hard Rock Performance", as well as co-wrote and co-produced the SIXX: A.M. album "Heroin Diaries".

Robin "continues to be part of GN'R, by virtue of GUNS' history and his involvement in 'Chinese Democracy'," according to a press release.

Video: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=116597

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2009, 08:51:43 PM »

i don't really see what axl sees in him, all i've heard is a weak guitar tone and generic solos, and SOLA was a big piece of shit.

we'll see how he fits, but robin was and is a lot better than him, and so is ryan roxie
Agree. Hope all the best to Robin, but I really think he made a big mistake.

And hope some of you are happy with a generic guitar player in the band. Hope he proves me wrong, tho, but from what I heard...

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2009, 08:53:48 PM »

Welcome DJ, I first wanna say I love Robin ! but.. DJ needs to be given a chance.  I don't know much of his work, but I will atleast give him respect for being a guitarist and a member of Guns N' Roses.  

1. question I have is what happens if the GnR tour starts after NIN is done.  Would it cause friction if Robin was available and wanted to comeback ? or was this a mutual argreement between the two ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2009, 08:55:55 PM »

im a beautiful creatures and a sixx am fan, but still am shocked by this

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Classic Case
Rocker

« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2009, 08:58:40 PM »

u better do ur best kid, cuz here is one of the hardest fan base ever, u didnt even play one gig and they are already saying ur not good for the band, hope the GNR shirt wont fit too big on you, good luck, u will need it. ok
Classic Case
Rocker

« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2009, 09:01:54 PM »

Welcome DJ, I first wanna say I love Robin ! but.. DJ needs to be given a chance.  I don't know much of his work, but I will atleast give him respect for being a guitarist and a member of Guns N' Roses.  

1. question I have is what happens if the GnR tour starts after NIN is done.  Would it cause friction if Robin was available and wanted to comeback ? or was this a mutual argreement between the two ?

I think Jarmo explained it, Robin is gone and Ashba is one of the 3 guitars in the band.
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2009, 09:02:23 PM »

Agree. Hope all the best to Robin, but I really think he made a big mistake.

And hope some of you are happy with a generic guitar player in the band. Hope he proves me wrong, tho, but from what I heard...

Out of interest, have you heard the Heroin Diaries? Because when it came out the guitars instantly impressed me. You could really hear the commitment to the project and the effort put into them. He showed alot of diverstiy on that album imo. He isn't a revolutionary player, but I wouldn't really classify him as generic. I think he'd be very committed to any project he's part of and a great asset.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2009, 09:03:04 PM »

lol, when i was on my bike home from my friend i thought, "damn i hope something have happened in the gnr world tonight", and something huge had happened

we'll see

welcome fucker, looks pretty bad ass, hope he is bad ass
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2009, 09:04:00 PM »

Im sure they have gone over that scenario and covered it.  

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
victor08
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2009, 09:04:37 PM »

dj is badass.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 46 Go Up Print