Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 07:27:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227876 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  2012 US Presidential Election.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2012 US Presidential Election.  (Read 84169 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #520 on: November 04, 2012, 12:44:10 AM »

Well, we've made our decision. We want "The Kramer."

That's funny lol.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #521 on: November 04, 2012, 08:10:17 AM »

Election is Tuesday.  What time do they stop running TV ads and quit calling my phone?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #522 on: November 04, 2012, 09:17:41 AM »

I am ready for this election to be over, I'm getting burnt out on it.  Had to take a break for a week or so.

Get the calls at my house too. Im in FL and they blow up my phone ( house and cell daily)  If it was not a robo call I was telling them they have enough money and hang up. Now I just screen my calls.

I have yet to decide 100% who I am voting for. But Obama is not one of the options for me.  We know what that route already looks like and it isn't pretty.

I've been back and forth between Romney and Gary Johnson.   Huh May be a ballot booth decision for me.

Down ballot I am voting out all incumbents regardless of party affiliation. Voting for 3rd party candidates where possible.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 09:20:11 AM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #523 on: November 04, 2012, 12:21:59 PM »

I am in Texas, so the election doesn't bother me since its a republican state. I get no calls, volunteers at my house, or campaign visits. The only election related annoyances I receive is what I bring upon myself by reading too much or watching to much about it.

Now in 2008 I experienced for the first time in my life the robocalls, volunteers at my door and some other annoyances that your talking about. It was during the presidential primary between Clinton and Obama. Texas was contested and those Obama people were all over the place. I had never seen anything like it. Obama's operation was set up pretty damn good in 08 and I think its a big reason he won the presidency. 

I voted for Obama already.

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #524 on: November 04, 2012, 04:44:34 PM »

I am in Texas, so the election doesn't bother me since its a republican state. I get no calls, volunteers at my house, or campaign visits. The only election related annoyances I receive is what I bring upon myself by reading too much or watching to much about it.

Now in 2008 I experienced for the first time in my life the robocalls, volunteers at my door and some other annoyances that your talking about. It was during the presidential primary between Clinton and Obama. Texas was contested and those Obama people were all over the place. I had never seen anything like it. Obama's operation was set up pretty damn good in 08 and I think its a big reason he won the presidency. 

I voted for Obama already.

I already voted as well. I love the early voting option we have here especially being disabled. Its nice not to have to wait on long lines on election day.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #525 on: November 04, 2012, 04:45:11 PM »

I am ready for this election to be over, I'm getting burnt out on it.  Had to take a break for a week or so.

Get the calls at my house too. Im in FL and they blow up my phone ( house and cell daily)  If it was not a robo call I was telling them they have enough money and hang up. Now I just screen my calls.

I have yet to decide 100% who I am voting for. But Obama is not one of the options for me.  We know what that route already looks like and it isn't pretty.

I've been back and forth between Romney and Gary Johnson.   Huh May be a ballot booth decision for me.

Down ballot I am voting out all incumbents regardless of party affiliation. Voting for 3rd party candidates where possible.

You must be getting bombarded in that state since its been in play the whole time.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #526 on: November 04, 2012, 05:44:02 PM »

You must be getting bombarded in that state since its been in play the whole time.

You're not kidding.

I get a lot of Romney calls looking for money as well as the super pacs. when I did answer the phone I would tell them spending a billion dollars on a campaign is more than enough and you aren't getting any from me and I'd consider donating to Gary Johnson because he really does need the money.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #527 on: November 04, 2012, 06:29:44 PM »

Redskins lose at home...I guess it's settled then  Grin

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #528 on: November 05, 2012, 01:15:57 AM »

The world series has also played a part apparently. If an american league team wins it favors the republican. If a national league team wins it favors the democrat and that's held true 13 of 18 times. Not quite as accurate as the redskins but still quite accurate. The redskin rule has been wrong once in 04 when Kerry lost. This one is so close i honestly have no idea what is gonna happen tuesday.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #529 on: November 05, 2012, 08:19:40 AM »

Election is Tuesday.  What time do they stop running TV ads and quit calling my phone?

Polls probably close around 8 PM, local time.

Around 7:45 PM, local time, the ads and calls will probably stop.

And then...every network and cable news channel will be 45 min into their election coverage, and you STILL won't be able to get away from it....til the wee hours of the morning (and, potentially, for days to come depending on how close things are).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #530 on: November 05, 2012, 08:24:28 AM »

SOMETHING is going to be wrong this year:

Skins game says Repub.
WS says Dem.
Bama beating LSU says Dem.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #531 on: November 05, 2012, 08:30:48 AM »

The thing is: We've seen the Romney route too.  Trickle down economics and deregulation.  That hasn't worked, either.  It hasn't really worked, ever..or at least not since tax rates were 90%+ on high wage earners.  Certainly not in my (and I'd guess most of the posters here) life time.

Obama's PHILOSOPHY has worked before (trickle up).  I"m not confident his implementation of it is going to work wonders this time. 

That being said: We are seeing growth, pretty much across the board.  It's WAY too slow for my liking, but it's there.

As I said before, voting for Gary Johnson.  He won't win..but maybe he'll get enough votes to earn the third party some money in the next election cycle.

I'm voting for Chris Murphy (over Linda McMahon) for senate.  It's a vacant seat (Lieberman retirement).  He's a Dem. I know too much about Linda and the WWE/WWF to ever vote for her.

I'm voting for Andrew Roraback (over Elizabeth Etsy) for the House.  It's a vacant seat (Murphy is running for Senate).  Roraback is a Repub, but a moderate one who has done some things to distance himself from the tea party movement.  In other words: He's "my kind" of Republican.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 08:37:02 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #532 on: November 05, 2012, 01:57:29 PM »

Have a good election americanos!

I read about your crazy voting system and 9-hour waiting in lines to vote (Headline: This is not Cuba, nor China. This is USA). Not good. And the crazy commercial campaigns reminds me of good ol' communist propaganda. What's the status on the US-democracy? 

Fun fact: American CNN pulled a poll where they asked americans who won the last presidential-debate. 70 % or something said Romney. The same poll here showed that 90 % thought Obama was the debate-winner. Says something about difference in our thinking....

Anyway, hope the next four years will go on with a good leader for the most powerfull state in the world....in other words Obama  ok

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #533 on: November 05, 2012, 02:47:36 PM »

Have a good election americanos!

I read about your crazy voting system and 9-hour waiting in lines to vote (Headline: This is not Cuba, nor China. This is USA). Not good. And the crazy commercial campaigns reminds me of good ol' communist propaganda. What's the status on the US-democracy? 

1) The lines for early voting are nuts.  But that's what happens when you have record early voting turnout in 2008...and you REDUCE the number of hours and poll locations. I agree...crazy.  Shouldn't be AS bad, in most places, tomorrow.  With early voting, there is usually one or two polling locations open per county/district...but on election day there's usually many, many more (usually 1 or 2 per small town, and potentially  a dozen or more in the larger cities).

2) The ads are a bit much.  And I agree...largely propaganda.  Maybe not to the level of the USSR during the cold war..but I see the point.

3) The US is not a democracy.  We are a democratic republic.  There's a difference.

Fun fact: American CNN pulled a poll where they asked americans who won the last presidential-debate. 70 % or something said Romney. The same poll here showed that 90 % thought Obama was the debate-winner. Says something about difference in our thinking....

The CNN snap poll, after the 3rd debate, showed that 48% of those asked thought Obama won, and only 38% thought Romney won.  And, from the polls I saw that night and the next day...it was probably the closest margin.  Many more showed around 60% of people thought Obama won and only 30%-ish thought Romney won.

Maybe you're mixing up polls from the 1st debate (which most thought Romney soundly won) and the 3rd?

Anyway, hope the next four years will go on with a good leader for the most powerfull state in the world....in other words Obama  ok

It's got all the hallmarks of a nailbiter.  We might not know who wins the presidency for weeks, depending on how close the margins are.

Nothing would surprise me...anything from an Obama Electoral blowout to a Romney Electoral blowout..and everything in between.

Together again,
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #534 on: November 05, 2012, 02:53:09 PM »

What are your predictions?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #535 on: November 05, 2012, 03:21:45 PM »

SOMETHING is going to be wrong this year:

Skins game says Repub.
WS says Dem.
Bama beating LSU says Dem.

I wasn't aware there was a Alabama rule.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #536 on: November 05, 2012, 05:38:55 PM »

Another thing to consider is Obama's national approval ratings. Most are at 50-51%. Presidents who are 50% or better on election day win the election. I'm not sure if there's been one with 50% or better and lost. Perhaps someone here knows?
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #537 on: November 05, 2012, 06:04:02 PM »

What are your predictions?

Obama wins in a tight race. He gets either 290 or 303 electoral votes depending on whether he carries Virginia. I honestly feel he won't. So could win with just 290. I do think he will take almost all of the possible swing states. I believe it will be technically close because of the electoral vote count. I just don't believe it will be so close in some of the tighter states that could cause problems like Florida in 2000. We will know the winner late Tuesday night I believe.

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #538 on: November 05, 2012, 06:17:12 PM »

Another thing to consider is Obama's national approval ratings. Most are at 50-51%. Presidents who are 50% or better on election day win the election. I'm not sure if there's been one with 50% or better and lost. Perhaps someone here knows?

According to Gallup it appears you are correct. Though they don't have it listed for election day. They do have it in and around election day.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/124922/presidential-approval-center.aspx

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
cineater
Legend

« Reply #539 on: November 05, 2012, 06:58:37 PM »

Just curious, what does the rest of the world think of our elected officials and who are they wanting to win?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: