Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:49:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The only World Cup 2006 thread you need
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The only World Cup 2006 thread you need  (Read 187422 times)
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2005, 10:21:32 AM »

Rooney would get in Chelsea's team easily - it's not like Drogba would keep him out! hihi

Quite honestly, how many of you can name 4 players of any team other than England and Brazil?

That's easy.  I could do that for Holland, Italy, Argentina, Czech Republic, France, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and probably loads more if I had more time to think.  I've compared them and still think England have one of the best teams, it's really not that mental.
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2005, 07:44:13 PM »

Some of you guys need a a reality check. Quite honestly, how many of you can name 4 players of any team other than England and Brazil?
That, my friend, would be the exact point.

If someone says to a random guy on the street, name a basketball player...you say Michael Jordan.
If someone says name a boxer...you say Mike Tyson or Ali.
If someone says name a golfer....you say Tiger Woods.

Now what do those people have in common. They are at the complete top of their sport.

Try and find someone in Italy who follows football who doesn't know who Steven Gerrard is.
Now go to Liverpool and try and find someone who knows who Luca Toni is.

Saying England is the second best team is hilarious, however, this was even funnier  Name a single team -  international or club - that Wayne Rooney wouldn't instantly command a first team place.. I could give you Barcelona, Real Madrid, Milan AC, Juventus, Chelsea...that's 5 right there.
Real? Becuase they're doing so well?
Barca? Because Samuel Eto'o is better than Rooney?
Milan? Because Vieri and Inzaghi are soooo in their prime. And Gilardino is NOT better than Rooney.
Juve - Maybe on Trezeguets' current form, but lets be honest, how long will that last?
And, well, like Danny said...Didier Drogba?

And I didn't say we were the second best team, I said we were the best.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2005, 09:18:39 PM »

i still can't believe mexico got a #1 seed. and ultimately an easy draw.

i dont find it that unnusual, concidering in the N. American division Mexio pretty much owns it, save for America. Quite honestly, no other team in the division can even do aything about it. The centeral american teams are too poor to be able to spend heavily on thier soccer program and Canada can't play for shit.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2005, 10:08:34 AM »

i still can't believe mexico got a #1 seed. and ultimately an easy draw.

i dont find it that unnusual, concidering in the N. American division Mexio pretty much owns it, save for America. Quite honestly, no other team in the division can even do aything about it. The centeral american teams are too poor to be able to spend heavily on thier soccer program and Canada can't play for shit.

the US should be ranked higher than mexico. i'm nto saying the US deserved  a top seeding, but if they wanted to give one to a NA or CA team, it should have been the US.

we have surpassed them IMO. our W over them in the last world cup was a major point in US soccer. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
SwedeChildO'Mine
Guy in the locker, feeling like a
Rocker

W. Axl Rose - Pure talent

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2005, 04:18:42 PM »

Today's tasks:

Name a better left back in the world than Ashley Cole. Gianluca Zambrotta
Name a better central defense than: Terry, Campbell, Carragher, King, Ferdinand, Woodgate. If you're only picking two from a WC-country, I'll say that Nesta-Cannavaro is a better central defense than any combination from England.
Name a better midfielder than Steven Gerrard (past or present...). Past: Maradona, Zico, Matthaus...... Present: Lampard, Deco, Emerson.....
Name a single team -? international or club - that Wayne Rooney wouldn't instantly command a first team place. Can't decide if I'll choose Bar?a, Chelski or Juve.

It's So Easy...
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2005, 05:11:00 AM »

Real? Becuase they're doing so well

We are talking player by player here...Ronaldo, Raul, Zidane,...some of these maybe old to you but I'll take them anyday before Rooney.

Obviously! Are you gonna tell me Rooney is better than Etoo? A guy who scored 25 goals last year, who currently is on 16 (just on the spanish league) and who's nominated to the FIFA world player of the year along with Lampard and Ronaldinho??His credentials are enough...don't you think?? Yes my friend, Etoo is way better than Rooney.

Milan? Because Vieri and Inzaghi are soooo in their prime. And Gilardino is NOT better than Rooney.
You forget sombody there...Just an unknown player who happened to win "France Football magazine" best player of the year trophy last year; Shevchenko. Yeah, Rooney is better than Schevchenko? Roll Eyes

Juve - Maybe on Trezeguets' current form, but lets be honest, how long will that last?
I just love the way you measure things...you talk about how Real Madrid is playing now and now you say Trezeget is good but only because he is in shape. I wonder if Rooney is always in good shape. He sure is at the bar...he'd beat the shit out of Ronaldinho drinking those pints!

Drogba happens to play in the premier's best team. He may no be as known as Rooney, but surely he's proved to be more effective than him.

Rooney couldn't even win the trophy for best european player under 21 years old. That trophy was awarded to a Barcelona player, Leo Messi. Do you know who that guys is?

This guy is 18 years old and yes, appearantly, he is better than Rooney as well.  Shocked

http://elentorno.com/noticia/23432/
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2005, 09:06:23 PM »

Today's tasks:

Name a better left back in the world than Ashley Cole. Gianluca Zambrotta
I'll give you that, that's true. So he's the second best left back in the world...oh well...

Name a better central defense than: Terry, Campbell, Carragher, King, Ferdinand, Woodgate. If you're only picking two from a WC-country, I'll say that Nesta-Cannavaro is a better central defense than any combination from England.
Cannovaro is so incredibly slow. Both are past there prime. Italy have had the best defence in the world for the past 10 years but there is no way they are as good as they were.

Name a better midfielder than Steven Gerrard (past or present...). Past: Maradona, Zico, Matthaus...... Present: Lampard, Deco, Emerson.....
Maradona, Zico and Matthaus...ok maybe, but being second to Maradona is hardly a bad thing?
But Lampard, Deco and Emerson though??? Are you on drugs??? rofl

Real? Becuase they're doing so well

We are talking player by player here...Ronaldo, Raul, Zidane,...some of these maybe old to you but I'll take them anyday before Rooney.
Well that's fair enough. Ronaldo was never the same after his injury. Raul has never, ever performed for his country and Zidane is waay too old. Robinho is better than all three of them. But I'd still take Rooney.

Obviously! Are you gonna tell me Rooney is better than Etoo? A guy who scored 25 goals last year, who currently is on 16 (just on the spanish league) and who's nominated to the FIFA world player of the year along with Lampard and Ronaldinho? His credentials are enough...don't you think?  Yes my friend, Etoo is way better than Rooney.
No, he's not.
Personally, in a league where Diego Forlan can be top scorer, I have to say the defences must all be shit. I couldn't possibly with good conscience say that 25 goals is that much of an achievement in la liga. Diego Forlan. Come on!! Put Eto'o in the premiership and see how many he scores.

You forget sombody there...Just an unknown player who happened to win "France Football magazine" best player of the year trophy last year; Shevchenko. Yeah, Rooney is better than Schevchenko  Roll Eyes
Yes, Milan play two strikers. And no, I would not say Rooney is yet Schevchenko's has been. But there is not a chance in hell he wouldn't start. No way.

Rooney couldn't even win the trophy for best european player under 21 years old. That trophy was awarded to a Barcelona player, Leo Messi. Do you know who that guys is?

This guy is 18 years old and yes, appearantly, he is better than Rooney as well. Shocked

http://elentorno.com/noticia/23432/
Yes, I know who Lionel Messi is. Yes, he's fucking incredible. No, he's not as good as Rooney.

Drogba happens to play in the premier's best team. He may no be as known as Rooney, but surely he's proved to be more effective than him.
........... rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
SwedeChildO'Mine
Guy in the locker, feeling like a
Rocker

W. Axl Rose - Pure talent

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2005, 10:45:22 PM »

I'll give you that, that's true. So he's the second best left back in the world...oh well...
Paolo Maldini is also better than Cole, but third he is..   congrats...

Cannovaro is so incredibly slow. Both are past there prime. Italy have had the best defence in the world for the past 10 years but there is no way they are as good as they were.

Even if you think Cannavaro is slow you can never deny that John Terry is even slower. Even if you think they've had their prime time, they're still better than any combination from England.

Maradona, Zico and Matthaus...ok maybe, but being second to Maradona is hardly a bad thing?
But Lampard, Deco and Emerson though??? Are you on drugs??? rofl

Second to Maradona is your way to watch football. Fourth at the moment after L, D & E is my. Personally, I think you're the one on drugs if you laughs at it.
GnFnRs2016
Mr. Brownstone
Rocker

The best thing that you never had

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2005, 01:57:16 AM »

Miz wrote:
Raul has never, ever performed for his country

WHAT?? ?? ??  Shocked

He?s the top scorer in the HISTORY of Spain!!
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2005, 08:32:00 AM »

What in the world has Rooney proved so far?...

I can't understand why you are so infatuated with Rooney. You must be a diehard Man U. Fan because everything you say is senseless.

You say Etoo woulnd't score much in the Premier...well, there's not really any way we can figure that one out, can't we? Etoo has come 3rd in the FIFA player of the year, where was Rooney? probably at the bar drinking a few pints.

How many goals has Etoo scored this year in the champions league and how many has Fooney, ejem..Rooney scored?

Your comparission between the liga and the premier is ridiculous. Just becaue Forlan scored the most goals last year doesn't really tell anything about or defenses. Forlan was a bench player in Man u, he is the main forward in Villareal and a key player along with Riquelme. Look at Toni Luca, the guys scores 17 goals in like 15 matches cause he is the biggest offense priority. Same as Forlan in Villareal.

By the way, Owen was top scorer in the Premier 4 years ago and he couldn't even start in Real Madrid. Truth is, they really never gave the guy a chance, but same goes to Forlan in Man U.

Yeah, so Messi is not as good as Rooney. Apperantly, there are some people who do think is better. You, biased Man U fan, would even think Rooney is better than Ronaldinho.

There's no point in discussing with anyway. It doesn't matter what I say, you'll still believe Rooney is God anyway.

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2005, 01:05:19 PM »

Who will be the surprise of this edition?
I hope Ecuador gives a great performance

No man can be my equal
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2005, 02:39:36 PM »

Well I hope Brazil wins again, the best latin american team with the best player of the world Ronaldinho, the best futbol player Ive seen, even better than Pele and Maradona in my opinion.
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2005, 10:46:59 PM »

Well, to be honest, the earliest memory I have from World cups is the final on '94 were brazil played against Italy...and, since then, every world cup's final has Brazil against any other team, it's becoming a tradition  hihi

Hope the 2006's final be as easy as it was in 2002 when We beat germany peace

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2005, 12:01:30 AM »

Yeah sad but true, the best team is the brazilian and the best players are also from that country. 
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2005, 11:56:41 AM »

well if you put it like that in the last years Brazil and Germany were on final
86 - Argentina - Germany
90 - Germany - Argentina
94 - Brazil - Italy
98 - France - Brazil
02 - Brazil - Germany

I put the first as the one who won the championship

No man can be my equal
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2005, 10:48:03 AM »

That's a horrible fact.  I really hope we knock out Brazil in the quarters. ok

A few things...

1.  You can't leave out Roberto Carlos, so I guess Cole is the 4th best left back...

2.  Rooney has earned all this praise he is given, he consistently works hard and plays well.  He has already made a huge impact on an International tournement once so he is known and praised all around the world, not just on the back of our tabloids.  Rooney is absolutely our key player in this world cup; he's the kind of player who could do something special just when we really need it and he gives our attack the fear element because defenders shit themselves whenever he's got the ball.  Without Rooney, Man Utd would crumble to pieces but with him they are getting an annoyingly good run together - he is definately worthy of the hype.

3.  Eto'o is a really good striker and he would do brilliantly in the Premiership.  I think it's unwise to compare him to Rooney because they are very different kinds of strikers but i'd rather have Rooney in my team I think, if only because Rooney is still young and will probably get even btter.  Very close one, though.
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2005, 12:40:11 PM »

I really though England had a great chance to win last cup in korea, but somehow rivaldo, ronaldo and ronaldihno make some mischief  hihi , what the hell happened to seaman?  nervous

No man can be my equal
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2005, 03:00:00 PM »

That's a horrible fact.  I really hope we knock out Brazil in the quarters. ok

Well, you can try  ok

But I'm pretty confident that we are gonna win this cup too, if we won 2002's cup, with that crappy team, we can won in 2006 with this kick ass team!!!!

And then, when we win the 2006 soccer world cup, i am gonna scream: "IN YOUR FACE, ARGENTINA!!!" hihi

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2005, 03:16:11 PM »

Why do you think Brazil lost the final of the 98 cup, when they were better than France. I think there was something dark in the middle.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2005, 03:45:36 PM »

It's possible I guess - the way Brazil just crumbled in the final like that was a bit wierd.  I think it had more to do with Ronaldo falling sick right at the last minute, that probably shook the team up a lot just before the game.

Hey, what if Ronaldo was poisoned...  Shocked
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: