Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:58:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227941 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GnR at Westlemania XX - from WWE newsletter
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GnR at Westlemania XX - from WWE newsletter  (Read 80165 times)
PS_PoWeR
Headliner

PoWeR!!

« Reply #240 on: February 12, 2004, 05:08:29 PM »

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_7131.shtml

There is the latest news on GNR. No band news, but one of the WMXX sponsors is Gibson Guitars! Let the completely bored GNR rumor spreaders start! :p

Also, just would like you to know that the REAL official WWE newsletter is being sent to me, and the latest one has no sign of GNR whatsoever.

Let's forget this rumor even started....and forget the next one before it even begins....
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #241 on: February 12, 2004, 05:31:47 PM »

I don't know where you guys got this idea that WM is watched by millions of people.  Someone said 20-30 million?  

I e-mailed Dave Meltzer on the subject and he gave me last years number--560,000 buys.  It goes to show that Wrestlemania isn't nearly as watched as some here think.  

Also, IMO, GNR should not do WM.  I don't care if Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock did it.  I don't want GNR to emulate Limp Bizkit.  

Thats buys dude! And probably American Buys...it is screened all over the world to millions of people on terrestrial or cable TV free of charge.

GNR never emulated anyone. Never have and never will.

So you would rather wait until RIR4 to hear Guns or see them in 32 days time?

Ok fair enough.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #242 on: February 12, 2004, 06:06:57 PM »

560,000 buys
Now lets say at the minimumn 100,000 peopel are so impressed they buy the new album. Thats a nice boost dont ya think. And it could be even more

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Hung Well
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #243 on: February 12, 2004, 08:23:07 PM »

I don't know where you guys got this idea that WM is watched by millions of people.  Someone said 20-30 million?  

I e-mailed Dave Meltzer on the subject and he gave me last years number--560,000 buys.  It goes to show that Wrestlemania isn't nearly as watched as some here think.  

Also, IMO, GNR should not do WM.  I don't care if Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock did it.  I don't want GNR to emulate Limp Bizkit.  

Thats buys dude! And probably American Buys...it is screened all over the world to millions of people on terrestrial or cable TV free of charge.

GNR never emulated anyone. Never have and never will.

So you would rather wait until RIR4 to hear Guns or see them in 32 days time?

Ok fair enough.

Yes, it is US buys.  However, I don't think 20 million people saw WM.  It's not the Super Bowl, Oscar's, World Series, or anything close to those events as some here would imply.  It's also low brow entertainment with a huge negative stigma.  GNR already has a negative stigma, they don't need to add to it.

younggunner,

I think you are being extremely optimistic in saying that 1/5 of the audience would buy Chinese Democracy because of one performance.  Extremely.

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #244 on: February 13, 2004, 01:36:00 PM »

WrestleMania X8 drew 850,000 buys, this is WrestleMania XX, it's already been hyped for months if it doesnt draw that then I'll be utterly shocked. Then you need to take into account those watching around the world either on a live feed, a delayed ahowing or on their own recording. Then the official DVD and VHS release 4 months later. Add to that any news coverage, publicity and word-of-mouth...
'hey I was watching Wrestlemania and guns and roses were on'
'I thought they packed it in years ago'
'no they played a new song and it was pretty good, they were promoting a new album'
'excellent, ill have to check that out'

Yes 20 million is an exageration...but again I didn't see the superbowl but ive heard enough janet jackson to last me a while.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #245 on: February 13, 2004, 02:07:04 PM »

Meltzer, FYI, is mistaken.  They did 875,000 domestic buys last year, breaking the record of 850,000 at WM X8.  That's taken from company filed SEC reports, FYI, so lying could get them in mucho trouble..

Also, on top of those 875,000 domestic buys, there was around another 100k (I'll look for the exact number) from the bar/pub/restuarant package...  So, you've got almost a million buys, 100k of which contributed probably 2 mllion viewers (at least...20 people per establishment x 100k).  Now, WM is also not something you watch alone.  Usually, there is more than one viewer per "buy".  Now, I figure we can be conservative and guesstimate 3 viewers per buy...3 x 875k = about another 2.5 million viewers.  That leaves us with about 4.5 to 5 million viewers conservatively, in the U.S. alone....that' s a pretty widely watched event, even by conservative estimates.  Add even 2/3 more for the rest of the world, and now, globally, you're at about 8 million viewers...That's a pretty big audience to get your hands on.

Edit: In looking for the package sub numbers, I've found 3 different ones reported by different sources.  Essentially between 50k and 100k.  I'll stick with the 100k above, but it may be a bit "high".  Still, with the 20 people estimate most likely being low, it prolly all works out in the end.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 02:18:30 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Hung Well
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #246 on: February 16, 2004, 01:46:25 AM »

Meltzer, FYI, is mistaken.  They did 875,000 domestic buys last year, breaking the record of 850,000 at WM X8.  That's taken from company filed SEC reports, FYI, so lying could get them in mucho trouble..

Also, on top of those 875,000 domestic buys, there was around another 100k (I'll look for the exact number) from the bar/pub/restuarant package...  So, you've got almost a million buys, 100k of which contributed probably 2 mllion viewers (at least...20 people per establishment x 100k).  Now, WM is also not something you watch alone.  Usually, there is more than one viewer per "buy".  Now, I figure we can be conservative and guesstimate 3 viewers per buy...3 x 875k = about another 2.5 million viewers.  That leaves us with about 4.5 to 5 million viewers conservatively, in the U.S. alone....that' s a pretty widely watched event, even by conservative estimates.  Add even 2/3 more for the rest of the world, and now, globally, you're at about 8 million viewers...That's a pretty big audience to get your hands on.

Edit: In looking for the package sub numbers, I've found 3 different ones reported by different sources.  Essentially between 50k and 100k.  I'll stick with the 100k above, but it may be a bit "high".  Still, with the 20 people estimate most likely being low, it prolly all works out in the end.

Let's say your 8 million worldwide viewers number is accurate.  That's a lot of people to be watching a PPV event, but it's still nowhere near Super Bowl, World Cup, Olympics, World Series, NBA Finals, etc as some here would believe.  Not even in the same galaxy.

I'm pretty sure a few million people saw an episode of the Surreal Life starring Vince Neil and Vanilla Ice, but I surely wouldn't want Axl to appear on the next version.  Not to say performing at WM is as low brow and desperate as appearing on a show like that, but there is somewhere you have to draw the line.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 04:31:21 AM by Hung Well » Logged
PS_PoWeR
Headliner

PoWeR!!

« Reply #247 on: March 14, 2004, 01:30:03 AM »

This may mean nothing, but take a look at Stacy Keibler's outfit.

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #248 on: March 14, 2004, 01:38:30 AM »

Is this show live? I just saw the same thing, and Wrestlemania is yet to confirm ANY bands.  Is something going on or what?  I think there is a strong possibility of them performing considering this is set up somewhat like the 2002 VMA's were.
PS_PoWeR
Headliner

PoWeR!!

« Reply #249 on: March 14, 2004, 01:44:43 AM »

This is the newest episode filmed today in New York, where the wrestlers are for WMXX at MSG. I'm catching the 1:00AM replay though because someone told me Stacy was wearing a Guns N' Roses shirt!
PS_PoWeR
Headliner

PoWeR!!

« Reply #250 on: March 14, 2004, 01:54:39 AM »

SLCPUNK
« Reply #251 on: March 14, 2004, 02:59:20 AM »

Well if she started whistling "patience" that would be an even better sign. peace
slashsaxl
VIP

I'll never find anyone to replace you....

« Reply #252 on: March 14, 2004, 03:04:42 AM »

nice..fuckin nice, i always dreamed of her long legs wrapped around me, now she's wearing a gnr t-shirt...

life gets better with each breath

rock n' roll

To Be A Rock And Not To Roll....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #253 on: March 14, 2004, 04:04:21 AM »

ive not gave up on this, guess ill find out tomorrow night

WWE always have a theme song, they usually have some sort of musical act stacy kiebler wearing a GNR shirt? coincidental? we will find out in just over 15 hours!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
kockstar99
« Reply #254 on: March 14, 2004, 04:12:14 AM »

the other guy is wearing a Black Label Society shirt... does this mean that they will open for GnR?

Me thinks its coincidence... Something this big would have leaked...
Rocket_queen125
« Reply #255 on: March 14, 2004, 04:41:54 AM »

hey did you also notice that gnr bandmembers message boards are down so maybe they had them closed to help prevent a leak just a thought cause i couldnt get into buckets nor dizzys lata
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #256 on: March 14, 2004, 04:50:27 AM »

That seems like pretty thin evidence to me, when are bands usually announced for WM? Mysteron - any information about this.

Riot In Everyone!
kockstar99
« Reply #257 on: March 14, 2004, 04:51:59 AM »

I just got into bucketheads board....
kockstar99
« Reply #258 on: March 14, 2004, 05:04:21 AM »

I cant open Dizzys....anyone else?
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #259 on: March 14, 2004, 05:08:44 AM »

hot damn.. even if it's just speculation I thank the poster for his pics of the lovely ladies. Who's the other chick? haven't watched wrestling in awhile.

What Goes around comes around!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: