Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:55:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Weiland
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weiland  (Read 10305 times)
oldleadbelly
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2004, 10:44:25 PM »

Noizzynofuture,

Now that is an opinion I can respect.  As a huge STP fan, I have seen Weiland fall off the wagon time and time again.  So I completely understand your fears on that front.  However, in STP he was surrounded by drug users who, for whatever reason, didn't fall into the depths of junkie addiction.  Still, it wasn't a good environment for him.  It is my hope that the GnR guys will be a good support group for him, and he can toe the line.  It might be overly optimistic, but I think he might beat it this time.  But yeah, i can respect your argument, b/c it is tangible, not just an assault on Weiland's talent.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2004, 10:47:29 PM »

Scott just seems like a flamboyant rock star. He's got so many different looks and styles from what I've seen of him over the years and that makes him really interesting, and a great choice for a frontman.

Although over the top and maybe a little contrived, I like his whole "fuck you" attitude he's shown lately.
Rock n' roll is supposed to be spitting and aggressive, at least I think so, because it makes the music seem that much more genuine.

And maybe Scott's getting all this extra press due to hooking up with the GN'R guys, because as we all know, GN'R are one of the most rumoured/spoken about band ever and now that Scott has stepped into the shoes once filled by Axl, he's now in the spotlight for all that.

I bought the STP Greatest Hits a few months ago and it's one of the best purchases I've made recently, especially with the bonus dvd. And I'd even say I'm a big STP fan now too.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2004, 11:01:26 PM »

I'll definitely buy contraband but i think everyone should see this thing for what it is which is a short term ride so enjoy it for the next 6 months or so until the walls come crumbling down.

I would tend to agree there.  There is a reason they tell people in rehab not to get in a relationship for about a year after they go clean.  And a band is like a relationship.  There's pressure, emotions, and even if the bandmates are clean, he is being exposed to a lifestyle where drugs are prevalent and most likely being offered to him.  I kind of have doubts that he is currently clean, he doesn't seem to totally accept responsibility for his past misconduct.  
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2004, 11:07:14 PM »

Velvet Revolver is going to have some big time pop when they release Contraband but we all know this is a band that's going to implode.

The whole STP sound which is clearly evident is a dead sound and Scotts singing makes you think of nothing but STP.

Scott being a multiple loser when it comes to drug busts will not stay out of trouble for long and his days of pleading out for drug rehab are pretty much over so he'll be doing time soon.  He's actually made the comment that i wouldn't bet on my own sobriety which tells you has no intentions of stopping especially when he's stupid enough to reportedly try sneaking drugs into rehab.

I'll definitely buy contraband but i think everyone should see this thing for what it is which is a short term ride so enjoy it for the next 6 months or so until the walls come crumbling down.

IMO VR couldn't have picked a worse lead singer and it has nothing do with his talent.

I think at first when you hear the tunes you definately think STP. But that is expected after all he is the lead singer of STP. After a couple listens you can also hear some GnR which is fine with me because I like both bands. There are also hint sof originality too. I have to agree with you somewhat about Scott. I think he is great and also a great choice fo rthe band. But at anytime this whole thing could implode and almost has. But I will enjoy the ride while it is here because So far this band has made me one happy prick!!!! I have a CD in my car with the Acoustic KROQ set, Slither, Set Me Free and the full version of Money. Now that makes me happy!!!

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2004, 12:17:26 AM »

Velvet Revolver is going to have some big time pop when they release Contraband but we all know this is a band that's going to implode.

The whole STP sound which is clearly evident is a dead sound and Scotts singing makes you think of nothing but STP.

Scott being a multiple loser when it comes to drug busts will not stay out of trouble for long and his days of pleading out for drug rehab are pretty much over so he'll be doing time soon.  He's actually made the comment that i wouldn't bet on my own sobriety which tells you has no intentions of stopping especially when he's stupid enough to reportedly try sneaking drugs into rehab.

IMO VR couldn't have picked a worse lead singer and it has nothing do with his talent.

I think at first when you hear the tunes you definately think STP. But that is expected after all he is the lead singer of STP. After a couple listens you can also hear some GnR which is fine with me because I like both bands. There are also hint sof originality too. I have to agree with you somewhat about Scott. I think he is great and also a great choice fo rthe band. But at anytime this whole thing could implode and almost has. But I will enjoy the ride while it is here because So far this band has made me one happy prick!!!! I have a CD in my car with the Acoustic KROQ set, Slither, Set Me Free and the full version of Money. Now that makes me happy!!!

Very cool, I have a cd made up of exactly the same songs with the addition of You Got No Right (live) from Smashbox.

I gotta say, how much do all the songs rock in a car stereo?!!
I put Slither on repeat and just drive really really fast! hehe

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2004, 09:31:21 PM »

That's awesome. I tried to get "No Right" on there and "Angie" but the mp3's didn't get through to the guy that burnt it for me. I would really like to know that song before the show incase they play it.

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: