Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 01:12:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Rock supergroup Velvet Revolver take on USA!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock supergroup Velvet Revolver take on USA!  (Read 3415 times)
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« on: May 12, 2004, 05:27:38 PM »

Rock supergroup Velvet Revolver take on USA!
The ex-members of Guns N' Roses and Stone Temple Pilots cause a ticket stampede in the States...
2004-05-12 09:44:00

VELVET CRUSH!

Rock supergroup VELVET REVOLVER?s debut album ?CONTRABAND? looks set for a June release.

The band, consisting of former Stone Temple Pilots vocalist Scott Weiland, Guns N? Roses guitarist Slash, bassist Duff McKagan, and drummer Matt Sorum, as well as guitarist Dave Kushner, will release the album on June 8.

Tickets for the band's first American tour sold out on the day of release, with the 'hometown' date in Los Angeles selling out in just two minutes.

The band played a warm-up gig for the tour, which kicks off tomorrow (May 13), at LA?s Roxy on Sunday night (May 9). The set consisted of material from the forthcoming album, as well as Guns N? Roses and Stone Temple Pilots tracks, plus a cover of Nirvana?s ?Negative Creep?

www.nme.com

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 06:10:50 PM »

2 minutes!!! that's impresssive.  Shocked

Is this band is really creating that much hype? Actually...

Question for the Americans:

since I live in a country where Velvet Revolver may be everything but a rock band, could somebody tell me how serious are people expecting their tour/album? bigger than Audioslave before they released their album? Do people know who VR are?

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 06:34:09 PM »

2 minutes!!! that's impresssive.  Shocked

Is this band is really creating that much hype? Actually...

Question for the Americans:

since I live in a country where Velvet Revolver may be everything but a rock band, could somebody tell me how serious are people expecting their tour/album? bigger than Audioslave before they released their album? Do people know who VR are?

The buzz is much like Audioslave, I expect near the same type success, maybe not 5 chart topping singles like 'Slave or 3 million in domestic sales, but they are quite the hot topic 'round the USA. nonetheless..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 06:49:04 PM »

The buzz is much like Audioslave, I expect near the same type success, maybe not 5 chart topping singles like 'Slave or 3 million in domestic sales, but they are quite the hot topic 'round the USA. nonetheless..

Yeah...the hype is about on par with Audioslave.  Its not a deafening buzz (if I wasnt a rock/GNR/STP/VR fan, I wouldnt be hearing about them terribly much), but its decent to say the least.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 10:32:27 PM »

It seems to be growing and by the end of thi slittle tour I think they will be pretty huge. They are on the radio quite a bit. I was at a bar the other night with my Slash shirt and there were a bunch of kids (21 year olds) that came up to me and started talking about Velvet Revolver and they wished they could get tickets...

starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2004, 10:47:42 AM »

It seems to be growing and by the end of thi slittle tour I think they will be pretty huge. They are on the radio quite a bit. I was at a bar the other night with my Slash shirt and there were a bunch of kids (21 year olds) that came up to me and started talking about Velvet Revolver and they wished they could get tickets...
sounds promising  Shocked
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2004, 01:22:47 PM »

It seems like everytime I turn on the radio, Slither is getting airplay on one of the rock stations here. This morning I was listening to the radio as I was getting ready and I heard Slither on 3 stations in the span of 20 minutes.  The DJs also seem to be pretty enthusiastic about the band. They also have a bit of a crossover appeal because they are getting played on alternative rock and hard rock radio stations. So there is a definite buzz about them. I'm starting to think they could do better than Audioslave.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2004, 05:34:57 PM »

I'm starting to think they could do better than Audioslave.

I'd think they would do a lot better than Audio Slave for sure.
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2004, 12:36:41 PM »

I'm starting to think they could do better than Audioslave.

I'd think they would do a lot better than Audio Slave for sure.
We'll see after a short time  Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: