Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 01:18:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228035 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  judging from the VR bootleg, Axl has nothing to worry about
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: judging from the VR bootleg, Axl has nothing to worry about  (Read 23661 times)
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2004, 06:08:50 AM »

Judging from the number of albums Axl has released in the last decade, VR has nothing to worry about, Dave!   ok

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2004, 09:21:51 AM »

To add to what's been said already;  
something tells me you made up that opinion along time ago and it's a bit sad really because you cannot honestly denie the potential talent in VR. Just as old school GN'R fans cannot denie the talent in the new GN'R - not if their being honest.

I think to just totally slate any kind of music before you have listened to it is a sad approach to music.

The enjoyment from VR is that they all seem totally into it and are getting stuck in have an album coming out, a video they  talking to their fans through interviews all over the place and getting out there doing it live.

Those people who don't like it - really don't matter.  I want to see this band progress to their full potential.  If it was my choice i would say a top 10/20 spot in the Album charts - fantastic.

So nothing to big too soon.  Then let them earn their wings on the live stage, so the next album should have extra magic because they will have become closer and more organic.

I just hope they have chosen a good record company who will allow them to grow and who will also push them.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2004, 10:47:28 AM »

What are you talking about - nothing to worry about?! Its not as if Slash, Duff and Matt got together and decided to start VR as a way of competing against or pissing off Axl. They started VR becasue they enjoy and are good at playing together, its not a competition between them and Axl - i like both their stuff. Your argument falls over as soon as its begun, simply becasue although the new Gn'R tracks for the most part (exlduding OMG and Silworms) are good and in The Blues and Madagascar very good they have not and dont appear to be anywhere near being released, where as VR are touring and have an upcoming album. Unless Axl releases something you cant really compare anything.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 10:48:19 AM by Lineker10 » Logged

Riot In Everyone!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2004, 11:16:16 AM »

To be honest, i dont htink Axl really cares about what Vr are doing and how good or bad their material is. Im sure hes curious to see what slash and duff have come up with but I dont think he loses sleep over vr. He has his own shit to worry about. ANd I agree, if/ when he listens to the album and its liek the bootleg then he will realize that all he has to do is release his material.

Thats the only thing gnr has to do. Is release the dam thing. They dont have to say how they are gonna save rock n roll. They dont have to complain about how bad rnr is. They dont have to tell us how freakish or weird they are. They just have to release it. Thats teh only thing people have against them. Mocking the delays and the way they go about things. Releasing fixes all that and then shuts everyone the fuk up....

The material will be great. Too much talent and too much desire to make a signig=ficant musical contribution. All they have to do is release it. Some dont think they will some do.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Dizzy
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2004, 06:22:19 PM »

I'm not going to bother offering an original reply, since Girl Gunner has said everything that needs be said.  I'll just reinforce and validate her dead-on description of Dave......

Dave isn't being slammed because he prefers the new band to Velvet Revolver. Plenty of posters have stated the same thing, but you don't see anyone getting slammed except Dave. The difference between Dave and the rest is that Dave acts completely juvenile about the whole matter. I have no problem with him not liking the material, but I can't take him seriously when behaves in such an immature fashion. It's like he went and deemed Velvet Revolver the enemy because they are not with his hero. So when he sees the enemy getting positive attention, he has to run in here and keep fighting for his hero and try to prove Axl is better because he has some sort of inferiority complex.

The other reason people are tired of him is because he is completely predictable. Can you honestly say Dave is being objective? No way in hell is he being objective. Dave doesn't like VR because he simply won't allow himself. He will never listen to them with an open mind because he feels he has to prove Axl is right. His mind was made up a long time ago. He isn't posting his opinion to contribute to a mature discussion, he is posting his thoughts as part of some bizarre crusade for Axl.

Compare him to D and younggunner and you will see what I mean. They both are "Axl fans" but they are listening to Velvet Revolver with an open mind. They may prefer GNR, but we all respect them because they can express their opinions in a mature, rational, manner. Dave just acts like he is an 8 year old arguing with another child over his favorite superhero.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 06:23:39 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2004, 07:10:47 PM »

Heres the only reason we will see Chinese Democracy in Axl's life time, "Breach of Contract". The Greatest Hits lawsuit gave geffen a good reason to sue Axl for breach of contract. Geffen gave Axl 13 million dollars, if he doesn't deliver whatever amount of records he agreed to they will Sue for the 13 million dollars and they will win. Axl can't just sit back in his house, mainly because if he doesn't release it he won't have a house. His malibu estate is his second biggest asset, worth approximately 5 million dollars. His biggest asset is Chinese Democracy. It will make him or break him.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2004, 08:08:58 PM »

Ya got that right Dave...wright one negative thing about VR or past members n' people start bitchin'.
Hey oldleadbelly, you cant tell Dave that kinda shit, judging from the amount of posts he has, he's been around much longer then your 24 posts have.

I dont like YOUR POSTS mate ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2004, 08:21:03 PM »

I love Axl and when CD is released Ill snatch it as soon as I can but Im really into VR now. The reviews Ive read really rock. I love the way they are doing stuff, they arent doing fancy shit they are just rocking the crap out of everywhere they go. Yes they arent writing musical masterpieces like Estranged but who cares when their cd is gonna rock from track 1 to track 10. What you see is what you get if you cant handle it then dont bother. Thank God Slash decided to come back big because it made the waiting for Axl a non issue now, atleast for me  peace
oldleadbelly
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2004, 08:22:35 PM »

Yeah clintron, my bad.  I forgot that a large number of posts validate one's opinion. Roll Eyes  If you noticed, I respected his opinion, I just said we all get it already.  However, I did enjoy your last line about not liking my posts.  Thanks for bolding out the words for emphasis...I'm a little slow.  Personally, I could give a crap what you think about my posts.  Cheerio.  25 posts and counting...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 08:24:01 PM by oldleadbelly » Logged
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2004, 08:51:23 PM »

Ya dug your self a hole mate ok

if you respected Dave's oppinion, you wouldnt have been such a smart arse in your first post.
Your in a fucking GNR chat site, dont tell people to "Quit trying to rain on everyone's parade who happens to like VR"
Read the subject, talk about it,  you honestly think people give a fuck about your oppinion???
VR probebly dont either.

25 brain cells less n' counting

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
wildaxl
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2004, 09:41:53 PM »

When I first heard the new gnr songs like Chinese Democracy, The blues, Madagascar etc, I couldn?t stop listening to them, that is how good they were and still are, since to this day I am still listening to them. I
none of the 3 are real old rock'nroll either and I hate every one of them,chinese D. I only listened one time and for 40 seconds
only and I immediately deleted it from my hard drive the other two I've only listened like 2 or 3 times,they suck big ass,so you see dave two each his own.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2004, 11:05:06 PM »

We will hear CD you can count on that. Geffen will make sure of it, they did not put $13 million into the album(s) not to relase it.  

With all due respect, you've been saying that for the last 3k posts.

Axl seems no closer to release anything now to compare it to.

I loved the new band, but they haven't done anything.

VR is doing something, and I like what I hear.

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2004, 12:04:17 AM »

We will hear CD you can count on that. Geffen will make sure of it, they did not put $13 million into the album(s) not to relase it.  

With all due respect, you've been saying that for the last 3k posts.

Axl seems no closer to release anything now to compare it to.

I loved the new band, but they haven't done anything.

VR is doing something, and I like what I hear.

Also, Dave is saying the only way we will hear Axl's so-called masterpiece is if the record company forces him to release it, not because Axl has faith in the material himself. That doesn't exactly inspire confidence in CD.

It's getting ridiculous here in the VR section lately. Jarmo seems to turn a blind eye at stupid posts here when if they were in the GN'R section they'd be locked.

I'm not saying that there aren't blind VR devotees like there are blind Axl devotees, but for the most part VR fans seem to make civil convo about VR without saying things like they'll wipe the floor with nuGN'R.

As a fan of both nuGN'R and VR I look forward to new releases from both bands, one just happens to be more active than the other at the moment.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2004, 12:08:21 AM »

but for the most part VR fans seem to make civil convo about VR without saying things like they'll wipe the floor with nuGN'R.
Is that because there just civil or because vr cant lvie up to those claims/expectations?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2004, 12:14:09 AM »

I may not agree with everything Dave has posted, but I have to admit I was kinda disappointed after I listened to the bootleg.
I tried to listen to the show a second time and just didn't like the first new songs. I think Fall To Pieces is a good track though. I'm just kinda disappointed by Weiland's voice in general (it kinda confirms what I thought after SMF and Slither), even though the guitar work is very good IMO. I don't say they totally suck or anything, I'm just saying I was expecting something else, but I have to say the bootleg's sound probably didn't make the songs any justice.

Wait n' see I guess.

amundsma
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2004, 12:22:34 AM »

VR has made more progress in 6 months than Axl has an 10yrs.  I like the new band but it doesn't matter, nothing is ever going to happen with them.  What "big guns" is Axl holding back?  He's held back long enough.  The guy is way to afraid to do anything.  I think Scott is way more exciting to watch than Axl and I think most people would agree with me.  All of the magezines, mtv, and so on have gave this band great reviews.  If Scott can stay out of trouble they will be around for awhile and be succesful.  I f Axl wants to prove people wrong than put out shit and quit lettting people stomp on you.  ok
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2004, 12:23:37 AM »

but for the most part VR fans seem to make civil convo about VR without saying things like they'll wipe the floor with nuGN'R.
Is that because there just civil or because vr cant lvie up to those claims/expectations?

Well I think the songs I've heard from VR are excellent and really grow on you. I haven't heard the live bootlegs, so I'm only making judgement with Slither, Set Me Free, You Got No right and their awesome cover of Money.
And those 4 songs to me are better than some of the new GN'R songs I've heard.
Having said that, I love Madagascar and The Blues, but I don't think much of CD, Silkworms and Rhiad.

It all comes down to a matter of opinion and personal taste.

I like to think of it almost like when GN'R were touring with Metallica it was like "who do you like better?", when I love both bands.

I guess you could say I'm the same with VR and GN'R.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
oldleadbelly
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2004, 12:54:17 AM »

Ya dug your self a hole mate ok

if you respected Dave's oppinion, you wouldnt have been such a smart arse in your first post.
Your in a fucking GNR chat site, dont tell people to "Quit trying to rain on everyone's parade who happens to like VR"
Read the subject, talk about it,  you honestly think people give a fuck about your oppinion???
VR probebly dont either.

25 brain cells less n' counting

Damn mate...I am one stupid fuck.  You've convinced me.  You also read my mind.  I don't have any respect for dave's oppinion [sic].  Call me crazy, but I was under the impression that this section of the message board was devoted to Velvet Revolver.  Again, my bad, I'm a fucktard.  Do me a favor and feel free to interpret all my future posts for the message board patrons, as those 25 brain cells of mine you just killed controlled my logical reasoning.  I am now only fit to drool on myself.   drool
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2004, 07:40:30 AM »

rofl rofl rofl
it's cool rofl rofl rofl

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!