Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 05:06:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  judging from the VR bootleg, Axl has nothing to worry about
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: judging from the VR bootleg, Axl has nothing to worry about  (Read 23560 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2004, 12:02:43 PM »

Velvet Revolver has the spotlight right now, They're doing press, touring getting ready for an album release, they've released a single, they've got the press on their side and most DJ's, random music fans and such will all follow suit
Well, normally when you are about to put out an album and do the promotional things that a band must do when they put out an album a band will have the spotlight on them.
 ok

And this is a band that has become a family, you don't see Dave Kuschner using Slash to promote his solo albums  
When gnr go out on tour and release cd I will bet you anything none of the members promote their albums or even make any albums....if so your remark is valid....

Anyhow all in all....I think Axl should be worried and this should cause him to get his shit in gear.  I seriously have my doubts that Axl will even crack the top 10 in Billboard but to qoute him himself
lol ok thanks for sharing

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2004, 12:43:12 PM »

Velvet Revolver has the spotlight right now, They're doing press, touring getting ready for an album release, they've released a single, they've got the press on their side and most DJ's, random music fans and such will all follow suit
Well, normally when you are about to put out an album and do the promotional things that a band must do when they put out an album a band will have the spotlight on them.
 ok

And this is a band that has become a family, you don't see Dave Kuschner using Slash to promote his solo albums  
When gnr go out on tour and release cd I will bet you anything none of the members promote their albums or even make any albums....if so your remark is valid....

Anyhow all in all....I think Axl should be worried and this should cause him to get his shit in gear.  I seriously have my doubts that Axl will even crack the top 10 in Billboard but to qoute him himself
lol ok thanks for sharing

what's wrong with your comments? Everytime I read them I only can think about how big idiot you are
Prodigal Son
Opening Act

« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2004, 12:59:05 PM »

what's wrong with your comments? Everytime I read them I only can think about how big idiot you are

Do you consider yourself objective enough to classify him as an idiot?  hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2004, 02:06:03 PM »

Here's something to think about: The biggest idiots are the ones who don't understand that by calling somebody an idiot they're breaking one of the few simple rules we have here.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2004, 06:23:34 PM »

i cannot believe the number of posts in this section discussing VR vs. GnR. the name of this thread is the most ridiculous thing i've ever seen on these boards.

if you hate axl.....that's your right. ditto slash.

but why let that influence what you listen to???

and why get caught up in some fued that doesn't even really exist???

it makes no sense to me.

anyway, i saw the new gnr three times. and i'm going to see VR this week. and i haven't been this pumped to go to a show since dec. 2002.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2004, 07:03:48 PM »

Put me in my place? Keep telling yourself that. You can think what you want if it will make you sleep better at night.  peace

Like I have said before, and I will again to people like  you.
Why was it ok for people to always be comparing BH and Robin to slash in new gnr posts  yet now its not ok to compare axl and VR?

I just love your logic its so backwards.

One reason is:  That the new GN'R members have replaced Slash, Duff and Matt.  Filling BIG shoes of whom people love. So it validates a direct comparison in the performance of the songs.

Where as Axl has never been a member of VR so the comparison cannot be as direct/valid.  Scott is not a replacement, he is the singer for VR.  He has his own artistic credentials.   It's like Scott is more your Bowie/ Iggy pop, where as Axl is more Jagger/Plant, kind of thing. (just an example)

Anyway as someone rightly said i'm going to enjoy both, have been fans  - of all -  for too long to just take sides it's not what it's about for me.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2004, 09:40:04 PM »

Put me in my place? Keep telling yourself that. You can think what you want if it will make you sleep better at night.  peace

Like I have said before, and I will again to people like  you.
Why was it ok for people to always be comparing BH and Robin to slash in new gnr posts  yet now its not ok to compare axl and VR?

I just love your logic its so backwards.

I dont do that. But anyway the reason peopel do is because Slash used to be in GnR. Axl was never fucking in VR......

So what if Axl was never in VR.
We are comparing people who used to be in gnr with the new gnr.
So I really don't see a difference, but alas VR do because the shoe is on the other foot. The fact of the matter is, certain people opened the door a long time ago comparing slash and duff with the new guys, now that we have songs to compare each other too I guess I am not allowed to do the comparing now? Nice try it does not work that way.

They were comparing GnR songs to GnR songs.  If Axhole didn't keep the name it would be a different story but he didn't. VR is a different band.

Dizzy
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2004, 11:14:54 PM »

I'm not even gonna read the posts in this thread but I will state my opinion.  Axl does have something to worry about because Axl has nothing going for him but basically die hard fans these days.

I concur, and I think this raises an excellent point.  If (and I emphasize that word) Axl is indeed concerned about topping VR, he has a lot more worries than VR's album and how good it is.  He and the name "Guns N Roses" have been a laughingstock in the media for the past three years.  No need to explain that, just read the damn reviews.  He needs to be more concerned with delivering an album and tour that will rectify all the damage, not sweating over what VR is doing.  
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2004, 11:53:09 PM »

He needs to be more concerned with delivering an album and tour that will rectify all the damage
I actually agree with you...and an album that delivers will take away all of that bahsing stuff.

If Axhole didn't keep the name it would be a different story but he didn't. VR is a different band.
That argument is bullshit. Even if Axl changed the name, he still would be blamed for breaking up the old band. As a result any album he puts out and the members he has in his band will be compared to his previous efforts. In axls mind, gnr never ended. Just some of the players decided not to evolve. He decided to keep the name. deal with it.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2004, 12:44:29 AM »

If Axhole didn't keep the name it would be a different story but he didn't. VR is a different band.
That argument is bullshit. Even if Axl changed the name, he still would be blamed for breaking up the old band. As a result any album he puts out and the members he has in his band will be compared to his previous efforts. In axls mind, gnr never ended. Just some of the players decided not to evolve. He decided to keep the name. deal with it.

I have dealt with it and you don't see me on GnR boards anymore. I am just saying that Axl would have taken alot less shit if he did that. If he had his own band and people started comparing his members to Ex-GnR members they would be just wrong as the idiots that come here and compare VR to the New GnR. And the argument wasn't bullshit, because I know ALOT of people including myself that would still support Axhole if he did change the name. Anyway drop this before it turns into a GnR name thread and Jarmo gets pissed off.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: