Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 08:56:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228071 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  GNR's new album isnt called Chinese Democracy!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR's new album isnt called Chinese Democracy!  (Read 4973 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« on: June 19, 2004, 02:06:42 PM »

according to Amazon.com its called Contraband....

and slash said they didnt even have 2 songs ....they have an album!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 02:08:00 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2004, 02:09:32 PM »

Shocked

WAt hippOcritz!
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2004, 02:25:45 PM »

you got nothing better to do than start this stupid thread with no meaning? Tell me if you can see some kind of point with this thread because I can't see any..
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2004, 02:41:56 PM »

My journey began when I went on Amazon to read some reviews on albums/bands Ive been interested in...
So as my journey came to an end, I decided to go see what people wrote in thier reviews about the Greatest HIts and the other GNr albums.

So I typed in GNR and the first album I see is an album called Contraband. Ive only been a diehard gnr fan for about 4 yrs now and I never new they had an album called Contraband.
Unless new gnr dropped Cd and have now called it COntraband. I couldnt understand, so I clicked it and it said it was by Velvet Revolver!...Then I realized what has happened..VR were being advertised under GNR....Silly me, I thought they were 2 different bands?

Maybe Vr is the triple A affiliate of GNR?Who knows... confused

« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 02:45:17 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2004, 03:51:27 PM »

sigh...

i really doubt VR had anything to do with how amazon.com lists their cd.

this thread is pointless.

but, it kind of reminds me of another band though... one that tries really hard to advertise itself as guns n roses even though it really isn't the same band... what is it called again? oh right... guns n roses.  Smiley

now you know me better
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2004, 04:05:04 PM »

but, it kind of reminds me of another band though... one that tries really hard to advertise itself as guns n roses even though it really isn't the same band... what is it called again? oh right... guns n roses.
Oh really? Is it the same band that has over 70 of their own songs and plans to release 3 albums worth of their own material? What is it called again...ahh yes...the monstrosity known as guns n fukin roses....

K-Rock
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2004, 04:13:29 PM »

Oh really? Is it the same band that has over 70 of their own songs and plans to release 3 albums worth of their own material? What is it called again...ahh yes...the monstrosity known as guns n fukin roses....

Regardless of what has been said in the past, I for one don't believe they have 70 songs "in the bag" so to speak.

AxlGunner
VIP

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2004, 04:14:36 PM »

but, it kind of reminds me of another band though... one that tries really hard to advertise itself as guns n roses even though it really isn't the same band... what is it called again? oh right... guns n roses.

no, its the band that has ideas for 70 songs but can't finish more than 1 of them (which was barely finished cuz OMG was still a demo when it was released by the label), let alone finishing 3 cds, and then tours on old material that most of them had no part in creating plus 3 new songs that also are still being tweaked.

i mean, i love them still, but come on, lets come down to earth about our expectations for this band. they aren't guns n roses, they are a new band. guns n roses existed once but is now over. i really think they need a new name... do they think people won't like them if they had a new name?? i would reckon their music is strong enough to survive a simple name change. if its not, then i worry.

edit: to add to my point, i can write a couple sentences, or a basic plot outline for 70 novels. that does not mean i have 70 novels. nor that they are all decent and worthy of actually continuing. i think its the same with axl.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 04:18:01 PM by AxlGunner » Logged

now you know me better
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2004, 04:41:40 PM »

no, its the band that has ideas for 70 songs but can't finish more than 1 of them (which was barely finished cuz OMG was still a demo when it was released by the label), let alone finishing 3 cds.
Lol, o ok go and beleive Slash. Ill believe an actual member of the band..The General...
There are just so many little aspects that are being finalized on that record that every once in a while someone will go, 'God, I just realized you hit a bad note in this one place. We just found it.' And I'll go in and sort it out."

Stinson added that he thinks the record is finally almost done, and the only thing that's holding back its completion is legal issues
Where in those quotes or in that article for that matter, does Stinson talk about Vocals not being completed?

they aren't guns n roses, they are a new band.
Yes, your right, they arent guns n roses of old....Thanks for stating the obivious.  ok

do they think people won't like them if they had a new name??
No, they think people will enjoy this new chapter of guns n roses.

Even if Axl changed the name, they still would get compared to old gnr members and the material. In Axls mind, GNr hasnt ended. That part of the story is over. Theres some more chapters that havnt been read yet.

Wel all know this band didnt form the conventional way. O well. Either accpet it or fuck off homefucks. Maybe this new era of gnr will add  to the legacy and make their own dent liek the old band did. Time will tell. till then sit there and lsiten to uncle Slash
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 04:43:19 PM by younggunner » Logged

AxlGunner
VIP

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2004, 04:47:54 PM »

this whole thread belongs more in the GNR section than the VR section. someone should move it.

plus, my response to the "legal issues holding back its completion" is in the other thread you responded in in the GNRsection.

now you know me better
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2004, 04:48:49 PM »

This really is going nowhere, locking.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2004, 04:52:17 PM »

this whole thread belongs more in the GNR section than the VR section. someone should move it.
I posted it here because it was about VR having their product under the gnr name...

then you decided to turn it into another gnr/vr thread

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: