Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:15:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dave Navarro up for grabs
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dave Navarro up for grabs  (Read 14033 times)
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2004, 06:48:59 AM »

Yeah dont think Dave would want to join Guns as an official member. He is probably rolling in more than enough money after selling his soul to the MTV reality thing, and will want to spend some quality time with the new wife!

As for Guns needing a new guitarist. They are going to have to get one. If all the recording has been done with 3 guitarists in mind, its not going to sound very good live with just 2. Have to wait and see.

Jonx
page
Headliner

Worked to hard for my illusions

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2004, 10:48:34 AM »

So you have a problem with a man spending a lot of time in the spotlight, but not with a man who walks around with a bucket on his head? Alrighty then...

Hey if I was married to Carmen Electra i would be sure to let people know.

AND he was in a Puff Daddy video  Hell Jimmy Page was in a Puff Daddy video.

But anyhow ...Dave joining GNR will NEVER happened

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2004, 11:04:22 AM »

Hes an option i guess for Axl to consider but I imagine Dave in this case wiill rather spend sometime with his wife then jump back into a hopfully long-term comittment in GNR. I think the general census in the GNR camp is that they dont really need a third guitarist, and as Tommy stated in his recent interview something along the lines of "Robin Fink and Richard are great guitarists who can handle the job".
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 11:05:32 AM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2004, 12:02:36 PM »

Hes an option i guess for Axl to consider but I imagine Dave in this case wiill rather spend sometime with his wife then jump back into a hopfully long-term comittment in GNR. I think the general census in the GNR camp is that they dont really need a third guitarist, and as Tommy stated in his recent interview something along the lines of "Robin Fink and Richard are great guitarists who can handle the job".

Yeah - u don't need 3 guitarists but hell, we also don't even need 2 guitarists - one competant guitarists could lay down lead and rhythmn tracks - even a 2nd lead. GNR ain't gonna be touring any time soon after all....

I want something new from GNR - i don't want AFD again and i think three guitarists is an exciting prospect and i hope Axl finds a new one.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 12:04:24 PM by Dr. Ray Stantz » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2004, 04:00:20 PM »

Axl should front Jane's Addiction.

Navarro is too much of a media whore... look how he's been making a living without JA:
- His marriage to Carmen has been practically a reality show.
- He appears on real stupid shows(Funk Master Flex's car program) and pretends to rock out.
- He joined Christina Aguilera for some performance AND he was in a Puff Daddy video.

He's a huge sellout, he's superficial and seems to be even more pretentious Axl.
Innovative and influential, a great rock star.

Come on.. he's a joke..nobody take this guy seriously.. Undecided
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 04:02:06 PM by kupirock » Logged

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2004, 04:09:03 PM »

Axl should front Jane's Addiction.

Navarro is too much of a media whore... look how he's been making a living without JA:
- His marriage to Carmen has been practically a reality show.
- He appears on real stupid shows(Funk Master Flex's car program) and pretends to rock out.
- He joined Christina Aguilera for some performance AND he was in a Puff Daddy video.

He's a huge sellout, he's superficial and seems to be even more pretentious Axl.
Innovative and influential, a great rock star.

Come on.. he's a joke..nobody take this guy seriously.. Undecided

I hope you're kidding...

He's probably the most highly respected player of the alterna/modern rock era..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2004, 05:31:23 PM »

I don't think he'll be wanting to break up Camp Freddy anytime soon either
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2004, 05:44:05 PM »

dave is good but to me he and finck are sorta the same type of guitarist

buckethead worked cause he was a different style than finck and fortus

i hope axl sticks with what he has
but if it helps axl out im for anyone joining

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2004, 09:49:04 PM »

Actually, they're not...

Navarro has been a creative force in one of the most influential bands of last 20 years.  Finck, though I love the guy, has been nothing more than a hired gun for his entire career.  That could change when/if CD is ever released, but until then, he is what he is.

As I said before, Navarro is a mere pipedream as a potential member of GNR, his comments about Axl on Camp Freddy Radio were none too kind, basically referring to his sessions during the recording of OMG as nothing short of a creative and professional nightmare.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2004, 10:08:09 PM »

buckethead worked cause he was a different style than finck and fortus

i hope axl sticks with what he has
but if it helps axl out im for anyone joining

I really am not too sure about axl's current guitar players, technically yes, buckethead is great, but sometimes certain guitar players and singers just don't mix. I think that if buckethead was The guy, this album would have been out much sooner.  From what i've heard from buckethead, i'm not sure he can write great tunes for a lead singer, we have not heard anything he's done with gn'r. I don't think the songs played live so far were even written by him, or were they? I like the solo in chinese democracy and the guitar in the blues, but i've gotta hear more than that. I think zakk wylde would have been a better choice because imo he fits axl's style better, navarro too, but there is no way in hell he would join. I think axl should give the former guitar player of buckcherry a chance, I really like his stuff, and he writes some really good rock music.

What Goes around comes around!
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2004, 11:45:20 PM »

You guys are so damn closed minded. Wake up! Dave Navarro is not a guitar god, he isnt one of the most influencial guitarists. Just because someone has their mug shown on MTV all day doesn't automatically make some icon of the generation.
There are professional musicians who  can play better than  those guys, the difference is that the public always needs a hero, and its usually the guy who sleeps with models, not te guy who plays good music.

And to those people that say Buckethead is the most talented guitarist? You're crazy, or just really ignorant. Most of you didn't even know who Buckethead is until GnR. He comes on stage, plays a few solos and people are already taking off their pants for him.  

If you want to have one of the most skilfull musicians, stop trying to find them on MTV or MuchMusic.

He's probably the most highly respected player of the alterna/modern rock era..
Even if that was true, it still wouldn't mean anything. Madonna is highly respected for her role in pop music, that doesn't say much about the public's credibility.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 11:51:08 PM by Captain Obvious » Logged
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2004, 11:52:14 PM »

well captain obvious. First you bitch at people for liking navarro because you think he is too mtv. Then you bitch at people for liking buckethead even though we have no clue who he is. Nobody's saying they are the greatest ever. But they are giving opinions based on what they heard. And i think both of them are fantastic, and how can you judge someone you've never heard? Are we supposed to go, hey, there's a guy out their that I have never heard, but he is the shit. And as far as people that I know and have heard, buckethead is a really talented artist. And Dave Navarro has been influential on rock. He wasn't getting all that much attention when he was in jane's, maybe he gets all of this attention because people have heard what he has to offer and reallly like him and want to work with him.

And you tell us to stop watching mtv and much music for all of the talent. What are we supposed to become talent scouts? I listen to alot of music that is unheard of, i like very few, some times the reason nobody knows about a band is because they SUCK!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 11:56:44 PM by axls#2 » Logged

What Goes around comes around!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2004, 11:52:35 PM »

Dave's comments on Camp Freddy Radio a few weeks ago wouldn't bode well for any fantasies about him joining New GNR.  NIghtmare stories of recording "Oh My God", funny as hell...

Not to mention his closing salvo:

"Not joining GNR was the best decision I ever made."

Yea I agree. I doubt he would be too interested in working with Axl.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2004, 11:55:30 PM »

You guys are so damn closed minded. Wake up! Dave Navarro is not a guitar god, he isnt one of the most influencial guitarists. Just because someone has their mug shown on MTV all day doesn't automatically make some icon of the generation.

Uh, you're "Obviously" uninformed on you're evaluation of Navarro.  He's been on the scene nearly 20 years and was considered an alterna rock guitar icon long before he ever had "his mug shown on MTV"....

Skillful and influential are hardly synonymous.  Steve Jones is living proof of that....

Go buy a Janes record or "Never Mind The Bollocks", you might learn a thing or 2...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 11:56:22 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2004, 11:55:31 PM »

Dave Navarro SUCKS!!!  So does Jayne's Addiction.  You people are fools.
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2004, 12:26:21 AM »

well captain obvious. First you bitch at people for liking navarro because you think he is too mtv. Then you bitch at people for liking buckethead even though we have no clue who he is. Nobody's saying they are the greatest ever. But they are giving opinions based on what they heard. And i think both of them are fantastic, and how can you judge someone you've never heard? Are we supposed to go, hey, there's a guy out their that I have never heard, but he is the shit. And as far as people that I know and have heard, buckethead is a really talented artist. And Dave Navarro has been influential on rock. He wasn't getting all that much attention when he was in jane's, maybe he gets all of this attention because people have heard what he has to offer and reallly like him and want to work with him.

And you tell us to stop watching mtv and much music for all of the talent. What are we supposed to become talent scouts? I listen to alot of music that is unheard of, i like very few, some times the reason nobody knows about a band is because they SUCK!

You can like Buckethead all you want, but some people like to freely claim him to be the most talented guitarist out there. Don't tell me people haven't said this because they did, often raising him on a pedistule, making extreme statements, generalisations and all that other crap. Do you even want to argue about that?

My point was that it goes to show that there is a whole world of unknown artists who are usually much more dedicated to their art than the ones we see on tv, if you haven't heard them, fine, just don't make a superman out of someone who is world famous solely because you can't think of too many people who are better.

Uh, you're "Obviously" uninformed on you're evaluation of Navarro.  He's been on the scene nearly 20 years and was considered an alterna rock guitar icon long before he ever had "his mug shown on MTV"....

Skillful and influential are hardly synonymous.  Steve Jones is living proof of that....

Go buy a Janes record or "Never Mind The Bollocks", you might learn a thing or 2...

Yeah, that's my point: skill and influence are not always related, especially when it comes to today's fanbase.  If you would say Dave Navarro is the most skillful guitarists out there, that would be pretty funny. Instead, you choose the safe route by saying he is one of the most influencial. Well that would be very great if it actually had any significance. Boy George is influencial, Slipknot is influencial, Michael Bolton is influencial. This word gets thrown around so much due to its ambiguity that it practically means nothing.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2004, 12:39:28 AM »

i dont personally like janes addiction

dave dont hold a candle to john frusciante of the chili peppers, that man is the real fuckin deal!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2004, 12:53:31 AM »

Instead, you choose the safe route by saying he is one of the most influencial. Well that would be very great if it actually had any significance.

Influence is far more significant than whatever point you're trying to convey.

Exactly what point are you trying to make anyway?

Boy George is influencial, Slipknot is influencial, Michael Bolton is influencial. This word gets thrown around so much due to its ambiguity that it practically means nothing.

In your last couple of posts tried to minimize Madonnas relevence on the pop culture scene and deem Slipknot, Michael Bolton and Boy George as influential.

Credibility shot...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

SLCPUNK
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2004, 01:20:28 AM »

A for honesty

F for public relations
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2004, 01:45:37 AM »

A for honesty

F for public relations

People that get all excited over the possibility of Dave Navarro joining GNR are fools though. hihi
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: