Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:52:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  13 years since St. Louis (article)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 13 years since St. Louis (article)  (Read 2488 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: June 30, 2004, 06:07:55 PM »

A Little Patience  
It's been thirteen years since the GNR riot -- but have we healed?  
BY JORDAN HARPER
jordan.harper@riverfronttimes.com  

The Fourth of July weekend is not just a time to recall those past glories that made America great. It is also a time to remember the trials and tribulations that strengthened our character: Antietam, Pearl Harbor, 9/11. But let us not forget that infamous day in 1991, right here in St. Louis, when an anxious world took unhappy note of our madness. We refer, of course, to the Riverport Guns N' Roses riot.  

Read the rest here

--

Thanks to anythinggoes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 06:17:54 PM »

Funny stuff.

Thanks Jarmo.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Annie
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 07:30:37 PM »

:no:You know Prince cancelled his concert at the Allstate Arena, (where I saw the Greatest concert of my life with GNR in 2002) just a few minutes before the performance and his fans didn't riot. I think people need to take accountability for their own actions. Axl tells his side of the story of the St Louis  yes riot very nicely in A ROLLING STONE article from 1992. Undecided
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 07:38:20 PM »

I think thats the whole thing that sets GnR fans apart from the rest of the fans. WE want our music HARD ROCKING. We either get our music or "fight for our right" to party. I wish I was at the concert of a GnR riot. I think its a right of passage. To be able to tell your kids someday when they listen to AFD and say how good it is, you can tell them that one time when 10,000 of your friends sent a message out to the world

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 06:49:12 AM »

That riot imo shows how much the fans love Guns N' Roses. They'ed do absoloutely anything to hear their music. Thats how much love some of us have got for this band. The best fucking band on this planet.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2004, 08:22:41 AM »

That article was interesting.  I a little dramatic.  I like the way it ended though.  One note, people might read this article and say that this writer and other writers are bashing Axl and they make him look like an Asshole.  I agree, but that is why I love the man.  If the media wants to champion Slash and VR, then so be it.  I always liked Axl for being the asshole underdog he has always been.  If I wanted a clean cut media icon I wouldn't still be a GNR fan.  I would be listening to Linkin Park or some shit like that.  So my message to Axl is keep it up, don't listen to anyone and fuck you too.  I think he would like that.

Ritz

Ritz Reeves III
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2004, 09:47:39 PM »

Follow-up story:
Welcome to the Jungle  
Radar Station learns what happens when you mess with Axl

BY JORDAN HARPER

http://www.riverfronttimes.com/issues/2004-07-21/radarstation.html
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 09:51:10 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Annie
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2004, 11:38:34 PM »

Thanks for posting this Gypsey Soul. Getting injured at the Chicago Buckethead concert gave me alot more compassion for Axl. what;s funny is that i was hanging out with people from St Louis. I want to get people's opininons on this. I have created quite the controversy over at  the Bucketboard. If some one injures you by overly aggressive moshing at a general admission show, do you consider this assault?  When I abandoned the concert there were 6 cops outside the venue. Chicago cops love nurses and I am a nurse.  If I wanted to be a totally self absorbed asshole like the guy who hurt me I could have turned on the tears and gotten their sympathy. I could have brought them in to press assault charges but I didn't want to cause a riot and ruin Bucket's concert since he has been so nice to me.  How do you all feel about "moshing"? Huh
Oni B.
Opening Act

It is hard being evil.

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2004, 04:33:15 AM »

no The first one kinda made me a little mad. Seems to me that they are just blameing all the problems of St. Louis since the riot on Axl. Haven't read the second one yet.

I'm on the nightrain. Bottoms up. I'm on the nightrain. Fill my cup. I'm on the nightrain.

Ready to crash and burn. I never learn..
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2004, 02:29:17 PM »

i think the article is suppose to be funny no? because they were blaming the riot for tha problems of the city , i undesrtood that but from some of the replys here then i dont know.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: